New Category 5's - Where are you now?

mlsdq

Guest Anna1
Hey guys,

It looks like a lot of the news going around shows movement for applicants who applied under the cook/hairdresser/community welfare worker category. Is there anyone out there who's got an application pending (885 or otherwise) under other nominated occupations, and if so, do you have any updates from DIAC? I've personally applied for a 885 in Feb 2009 under the Life Sciences after completing my Masters. And still waiting for a CO! me no gusta.

Hi there,

I think you are going to get a CO fairly soon. A CO was allocated to me last week. My nominated occupation was economist, visa 885 & applied on 12/1/09. Give DIAC a few weeks perhaps.

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest neelvashi
Hi there,

I think you are going to get a CO fairly soon. A CO was allocated to me last week. My nominated occupation was economist, visa 885 & applied on 12/1/09. Give DIAC a few weeks perhaps.

Hi Anna1!! did CO ask you for more documents?

Guest Me Gusta
is there any1 who have been allocated CO this week? Hope there is..

It has been pretty quiet this week! They are prolly saving it for now..to give us all a nice Easter treat next month? lol oh well, even if only wishful thinking..

On a separate note though, if your medical and PCC checks out, are there any other grounds for visa refusal?

Guest lilen
It has been pretty quiet this week! They are prolly saving it for now..to give us all a nice Easter treat next month? lol oh well, even if only wishful thinking..

On a separate note though, if your medical and PCC checks out, are there any other grounds for visa refusal?

As far as I know only incomplete documentation while applying for a visa would create such problem. But if you have used migration agent they wouldn't lodge your application without complete documents. So there shudn;t be any reason besides medical and PCC.

Guest indaussie

Hey guys , I just got to know from a Chinese forum that one applicant from July 2009 got co yesterday . I am just wondering what DIAC doing ? They are saying they processing According to date of lodgment but we can see they picking applicants randomly. Anyways it's a good progress of they really reached near to July 2000.

Guest vick3
Hey guys , I just got to know from a Chinese forum that one applicant from July 2009 got co yesterday . I am just wondering what DIAC doing ? They are saying they processing According to date of lodgment but we can see they picking applicants randomly. Anyways it's a good progress of they really reached near to July 2000.

@indaussie could you pls send the link of that Chinese forum.

Guest Leo Nard
Great! Any Chinese speaking gurus who can translate the relevant parts to us? Thank you in advance :)

@suit007 open in google chrome n it ll translate automatically

Hi guys, very informative thread thanks for all the info. Please add me to the timeline list

Applied: 30 September 2009

Application: Onshore (Online)

Visa: 885, Cat 5 , HR Country

All documents uploaded electronically on the date of application.

Thanks guys, the wait is almost over for all of us :)

added. thanks

Hi guys, very informative thread thanks for all the info. Please add me to the timeline list

Applied: 17 july 2009

Visa: 487, Cat 5 , HR Country

Guest Me Gusta

Request to be added to the timeline as well.

Applied: 1 February 2009

Visa: 885, Cat 5 , LR Country

Thanks!

Fingers crossed everyone!Not long now..

Guest Me Gusta
omg i lost the names of the cat 5 2009 in the timeline :((((

haha I was wondering where they went..did you save a copy of the previous file?

hi 2009 guys,

please post your name so i can add it to our timeline. sorry if i lost the names of the 2009 timelines, googledocs reached the earliest history already and didnt back up today and thats all i can retrieve from posts here...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Am6LezweeZSFdFNCajhjRGp6OGduRkJKenc5Z0Q2U3c#gid=20

sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks

Archived