176 lodged June 2011 Gang

Hi Si, where in Perth you headed?

John

All we know is that they are putting us up NOR. The rest they leave to the element of surprise. Had a good chat with a recruitment consultant yesterday and he seemed very upbeat about the job prospects, but that's what he is there for.

My mother has told us that we are not allowed to leave in February as she will be in New Zealand visiting my kid brother and wants to say a proper goodbye and so it looks like January or March for the permanent move. More likely March given that January is the middle of summer over there and the job market for accountancy is always slow in the school holidays.

Anyone know when the school year starts again as that may force our hands a bit to get Jakey T into school at the start of the year?

Si

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
All we know is that they are putting us up NOR. The rest they leave to the element of surprise. Had a good chat with a recruitment consultant yesterday and he seemed very upbeat about the job prospects, but that's what he is there for.

My mother has told us that we are not allowed to leave in February as she will be in New Zealand visiting my kid brother and wants to say a proper goodbye and so it looks like January or March for the permanent move. More likely March given that January is the middle of summer over there and the job market for accountancy is always slow in the school holidays.

Anyone know when the school year starts again as that may force our hands a bit to get Jakey T into school at the start of the year?

Si

Congratulations Si and all others who've got the golden ticket in last couple of days.

School year starts in Feb.

As for us, no update. Not sure if case officer is satisfied with what we've submitted as evidence of us not being able to get medicals done for OHs other kids. I've emailed to advise that it was uploaded to see if that prompts them. Frustrating!!

We're off camping for a few days with no signal so will try and forget about everything until we're back.

Hi everyone,

First of all I'd like to say a big Congratulations to everyone that got their visas in the last few weeks....

Unfortunately, we don't have ours yet. All our meds have been finalised and all documents are met except for our Australian police clearance certificates. I got mine back but my husbands is still being processed and after calling the AFP, they said it could take another 10 working days and then a week to post it back. This bring me to my query - should we start packing, sell the car etc.... or should we wait till we actually get the visa? What would you do?

Guest gobikrishnan

Hi chardy

:wink:

Here are the gang under their lodge dates !

27th May

SUZY - WA has CO............VISA GRANTED 14-7-11.........!!

31st May

irishdancing - WA

1st June

Chardy - WA has CO !

artetaneville - FAMILY

mandi1971 - WA has CO..........VISA GRANTED 1-8-11.........!!

2and3 -

John_newland - WA has CO.........VISA GRANTED 4-8-11.........!!

2nd June

Yachtmaster - SA has CO

bambio - WA has CO

3rd June

Woodster - VIC has CO

waltzing_matilda - WA has CO.........VISA GRANTED 5-8-11.........!!

dazsfa - WA has CO...............VISA GRANTED 17-8-11.........!!

Luckyc2000 - VIC has CO.......VISA GRANTED 22-7-11 ......!!

4th June

Pixie10 - SA has CO............VISA GRANTED 1-8-11.........!!

sam_and_craig - WA has CO .......VISA GRANTED 26-7-11 ......!!

Lisa83 - FAMILY

5th June

jimithechew - FAMILY

saz71 - VIC has CO

eweasel - WA has CO...................VISA GRANTED 5-8-11 ......!!

fossda - VIC has CO.......VISA GRANTED 3-8-11 ......!!

6th June

derek1979 - SA has CO.......VISA GRANTED 1-8-11 ......!!

SineadMurphy - VIC has CO.......VISA GRANTED 14-7-11 ......!!

gcathya - ...............VISA GRANTED 17-8-11.........!!

7th June

sarab - WA has CO...................VISA GRANTED 12-8-11 ......!!

bungeeman - has CO

TH82 - INDEPENDANT

Si T - WA has CO....................VISA GRANTED 4-8-11 ......!!

8th June

Deep - VIC has CO

MM79 - has CO

9th June

b3njam1n0 /alix1412 - WA has CO....................VISA GRANTED 5-8-11 ......!!

johnosmad - SA has CO...................VISA GRANTED 28-7-11 ......!!

harrison_clan - WA has CO............VISA GRANTED 14-7-11.........THE FIRST OF THE GANG !!

bsbs - FAMILY

11th June

matimage - FAMILY

13th June

woody123 - FAMILY

jeffjen0626 - VIC

laurab1987 - has CO

14th June

maity - VIC

15th June

SineadFoley - WA has CO.......VISA GRANTED 3-8-11 ......!!

Lucysdream - WA has CO

Crosby_family - WA has CO ......VISA GRANTED 28-7-11 ......!!

len - WA has CO

16th June

jenpen87 - FAMILY

mdeejacks - WA has CO...............VISA GRANTED 17-8-11.........!!

Doc Googles - FAMILY has CO

17th June

the_waltons - WA has CO..................VISA GRANTED 15-8-11 ......!!

0113_danny - WA

Farlz - WA

18th June

fivetogo - NSW

19th June

canadiantooz - TAS has CO

sakthikumar - WA has CO

20th June

clarkymint - WA

NorthernSoul - VIC has CO......VISA GRANTED 11-8-11 ......!!

lindamck - WA has CO

21st June

Tommyg - FAMILY

Luckyc2000 - VIC

JKB -

firefly-VIC

22nd June

armandra - VIC has CO......VISA GRANTED 11-8-11 ......!!

23rd June

diadaline - WA has CO

thornhilla - WA

Fate_will_decide - VIC has CO ......VISA GRANTED 25-7-11 ......!!

lesleybruck - WA has CO

loulou1872 - WA has CO

AE101 - WA has CO

thekelbos - WA has CO.......VISA GRANTED 22-7-11 ......!!

RobnLinda - ACT has CO.......VISA GRANTED 26-7-11 ......!!

25th June

monmonroy - NSW

gobikrishnan - WA has CO

27th June

HighPeakJulie -

cpm - VIC has COhas CO......VISA GRANTED 18-8-11 ......!!

28th June

Breezer - ACT has CO

29th June

sken - VIC

Baazighar - NSW

Nikko - VIC

admalik - FAMILY

jaffarms - VIC has CO.......VISA GRANTED 3-8-11 ......!!

30th June

tdk43 - WA has CO

smiley - VIC has CO

Jambos - FAMILY

Robgarner - VIC has CO

And that was June and goodbye old points system.. !

Guest gobikrishnan

Hi chardy

I have sent Medical and Pcc last week and waiting for the reply from Case officer. But I have few doubts that Is there any other documents required further after the Medical and PCC. Then one more, How long it take for visa grant please help me in this regard

Gobi @ krish

Si

Do you know if that's the case for all industries - that jobs are slow in January?

I was thinking January (which means I have to hand my notice in at work soon as I am on three months notice). Or would it be better in general to go around March for jobs? My boyf is saying March/April (think he wants time to get used to the idea!). I think we will compromise on February!!

Do you know if that's the case for all industries - that jobs are slow in January?

I was thinking January (which means I have to hand my notice in at work soon as I am on three months notice). Or would it be better in general to go around March for jobs? My boyf is saying March/April (think he wants time to get used to the idea!). I think we will compromise on February!!

I would guess that there would be some sort of seasonality in mosts industries as it will be the time that people take their summer holidays, especially with Christmas thrown in as well, and January would be the time where they then get back into the swing of things before looking at their recrutiment requirements etc.

Worth finding out more for your specific industry would be my advice.

Good luck

Si

Hey all

Havnt been on here for a few weeks. Congrats to all who have their visa's :smile:

We are just leaving to go for our medicals in Dublin, stomach is doing summersalts ha !

Aisling x

Guest mandi1971
"Further medical results received" for the adults, Kids still "required".

Anyone advise where abouts we are with the meds results ???

Cheers,

Justin

Hi Justin, mine was at referred for a few days, so i rang the medical centre to make sure they were all done and had positive results etc, they were happy to help. We had our visa a few days later, would have been quicker but takin my eldest son off slowed things down.

Any day now :jiggy::jiggy:

Mandi x

Guest mandi1971
Hey all

Havnt been on here for a few weeks. Congrats to all who have their visa's :smile:

We are just leaving to go for our medicals in Dublin, stomach is doing summersalts ha !

Aisling x

Good luck and dont worry, its so easy and quick x

Guest mandi1971
Medicals done, and by chance met TDK43 having theirs done too! Great meeting you guys albeit breif good luck with everything xx

good luck hun xx

I am so frustrated we made our medicals over three weeks. We were not able to use e-health. I wrote HCO an email if they have received our medicals - and they said NO!!!:arghh:

I am so worried now hopefully they are not lost and the worst thing is our panel doc is in summerholiday till beginning of September!!! Ahrggg.... So we have no traking number.

Does sombody know is this usually take so long from Europe?

"Further medical results received" for the adults, Kids still "required".

Anyone advise where abouts we are with the meds results ???

Cheers,

Justin

I would'nt worry about it my daughters and mine went received and husbands were still req for about a week status changed then to his recieved and our were met his med status stayed the same even after we got the visa. I'd leave it for a week and then just email co to see if they have recieved them.

Really looking forward to going now, looking out at the drizzly weather here i'd say at most we have had 2 weeks sunshine spread out all summer (and thats being generous!) I am a whole lot more nervous though, heading to Perth May/June less than 9 months its like being pregnant again! lol:jiggy:

Medicals done, and by chance met TDK43 having theirs done too! Great meeting you guys albeit breif good luck with everything xx

hi loulou1872, good luck with visa , just noticed that your from bridge of weir as are we. Family sponsored so we will be waiting a lot longer . small world

Archived