176 lodged June 2011 Gang

Guest The Newlands
Hi Sarah

You sound like you're looking for the same as me so let me know what you come across.

My cheapest quote was £2400 loading ourselves,who was yours from?

The biggest decision at min is about my dog,I can't justify almost £2500 to ship him out but can't imagine life without him.

I'll check them areas out today. Darren wants to be closer to the centre but it's more old fashioned and expensive,I love new builds

Not too far from the beach or transport,good schools,pubs,parks,shops and football, can't be that impossible lol.

Mandi xx

Hi Mandi

Its weird how similar our timeline, and situations are. :err:

We too have a dog, 8 year old staffi which is our "little boy with fur" BUTlike yourselves we cant justify paying all that money when he would hate the journey, never been in kennells before and loves his home comforts too much. It would destry him. SO, as our 19 year old isnt coming with us, we have asked her to look after "ernie" for us. It is so hard leaving a daughter back in UK let alone a dog lol:cry:

I know the dog sinario is for the best but we keep telling our son (13) we WILL ship him over when we have settled in our "home". I am trying to justify but I know we wont bring him over for the reasons above. I dont want to replace him either so it looks like we wont be having a pet dog in OZ:embarrassed:

I am still waiting on the job front:arghh:< all they had to do was speak to my referee's, I did send them paper ref's to back up but when i sent my final e-mail yesterday the reply came back with "it's my referee's that are holding the process up"

I have clearly made connect with ALL my ref's and not one of them have received any contact by either way of phone or e-mail!!!!!!!

Without sounding too dissapointed i sent an e-mail back explaining this so lets hope that they have "egg on their faces" and kick some ass from today.

If I didnt want to work for this particular company so much i would of struck them off months ago as that's how long the interview process and skype interviews have been going:arghh:

To add to all this there are some right "jerks" when it comes to the removal companies, all will be posted when we get our final quote on monday.

Well, RANT over:realmad:

Glad to hear your looking in the same area's too as i am sure we will have loads to talk about:arghh: and have loads in common too. You and your family are the initial ones that we said are very much on the same wave length as us. This was from reading all your posts etc etc.

Have you got a definitive date as to when your going? our 3 month holiday rental is in Neerbug, just outside Joondaloop. its an annex to a house with pool, kitchenette etc. its classed as a B&B, there's no bills to pay so this helps during the initial 3 months or maybe until we find the "right home"

So many people feel pressured into making a decision within the first 3 months but we arn't going to rush. After all we'll be LIVING in AUSTRALIA so do as the AUSTRALIANS do....................SLOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW lol

I dont know the meaning of that word so this is something I must adapt too.:notworthy:

Speak soon,

Sarah xx

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest The Newlands
Morning all

Just checked the diac website and all our medicals are met, how long did your meds say met before your visa was granted. :jiggy::jiggy:

Aisling, Ste & Jacob x

days!

Good luck:biggrin:

Emailed my CO yesterday to ask for an time extension as can't get our Police check forms signed for a couple more days (busy police officer!) and she has given us another 28 days to get the receipt to her.....YAAY !

I obviously prompted her to mark all our meds as finalised so unless the missus has been shoplifting we should be all OK once the PCC is done.:wink:

Guest The Newlands
Emailed my CO yesterday to ask for an time extension as can't get our Police check forms signed for a couple more days (busy police officer!) and she has given us another 28 days to get the receipt to her.....YAAY !

I obviously prompted her to mark all our meds as finalised so unless the missus has been shoplifting we should be all OK once the PCC is done.:wink:

That made me chuckle, I might have a criminal record for murder at the rate things are going lol

Removals, jobs, dogs, daughters etc......................:wacko:

Sarah

OMG OMG !!

We have our visa just rang the agent to confirm and yes WE HAVE IT ! :yes::yes::yes:

LOL it didn't take long frm finalised then :wink::wink:

Well done n congratulations on getting ur visa :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Est

A little update from us ...

Got a good response to job applications - but looks more likely that OH will actually have to apply officially when we actually arrive in OZ. Plenty of work in his trade so this isn't a big deal although we would prefer to have at least an offer on the table - still we have several companies interested and an agency making the right noises - fingers crossed.

How are others getting on in the job front?

Est

Got a good response to job applications - but looks more likely that OH will actually have to apply officially when we actually arrive in OZ. Plenty of work in his trade so this isn't a big deal although we would prefer to have at least an offer on the table - still we have several companies interested and an agency making the right noises - fingers crossed.

Est

ive looked seems to be plenty of cooks and chef jobs and lots in construction for oh so not to worried on the job front fingers crossed because when we go were not coming back:twitcy:

Im still shaking haha oh there will be some celebrations 2nite. Perth here we come !!:yellow_guy_crazy_ty

Aisling, Ste & Jacob x

ive looked seems to be plenty of cooks and chef jobs and lots in construction for oh so not to worried on the job front fingers crossed because when we go were not coming back:twitcy:

Yeah OH isn't that bothered about having anything secure - its just me :confused: I'd feel better if he actually had a job to go to - We have planned for him to have a least a couple of weeks "holiday" when we arrive just to get settled and we are frantically saving to make sure we have a decent buffer to cover us for a few months.

I have to say though I'm impressed that you actually get responses from Aussie companies so quickly :yes: its reassuring that he does have the skills that they are looking for.

Guest mandi1971
Im still shaking haha oh there will be some celebrations 2nite. Perth here we come !!:yellow_guy_crazy_ty

Aisling, Ste & Jacob x

CONGRATS WOOHOO :jiggy::jiggy:

Mandi

That's great!! The waiting is nearly over:biggrin:

Guest mandi1971

Est

We've tried everything, sending emails, registering with agencies, still no joy, but God loves a trier :wub:

Hope you hear something soon hun xx

Est

Nobody is interested unless I actually have the visa and even then they say to call 3-4 months before arriving whenever that will be ! :wacko:

Guest mandi1971

Just thought id bump us up coz we are lingering on the 5th-6th page lol :wink:

Has anyone had any more good news?? whats everyone doing for the bank holiday weekend :yellow_guy_crazy_ty

Mandi x

Has anyone had any more good news?? whats everyone doing for the bank holiday weekend :yellow_guy_crazy_ty

Mandi x

Well spotted..................how'd that happen ?! I must have :SLEEP:too much !:wink:

Mandi x

Well nothing happening with the visa as yet, but with regards to this bank holiday weekend. My daughter is 5 during next week and is now in Primary 1, so making tomorrow a birthday type day with a cinema trip, lunch and a softplay outing! oh the joys! already survived a birthday party today for one of her school friends. The life of a mum with a little one!

On monday gonna have a cheeky visit to the cinema while my daughter is at school to watch The Inbetweeners with the husband, really can't wait for that film. Am sure its gonna beat The Smurfs!

Donna x

Guest The Newlands

Mandi x

ate and drank too much all :biggrin:ready, dieting for the bank holiday now

sarah xx

Archived