Thanks to every one on here for all the info thats been posted

on the June gang thread and a big thanks to Chardy

Cheers Daren

CONGRATULATIONS!!:jiggy::jiggy:

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest mdeejacks
CONGRATULATIONS!!:jiggy::jiggy: Jack & family welcome to the 176 Perth gang!

any ideas when you are going???

Guest The Newlands
any ideas when you are going???

Hi Jack, are you having a few cold ones tonight? :wink: we still looking at January, but my mrs as just had Her final interview today via skype for a job in Perth, so pending on the out come of that we could be going earlier than planned.

How's your plans going? Very tempting to go before the crap weather kicks in here and the country comes to a stand still....

Hopefully over next week or so we should be able to start planning definite dates....

John

Guest mdeejacks
Hi Jack, are you having a few cold ones tonight? :wink: we still looking at January, but my mrs as just had Her final interview today via skype for a job in Perth, so pending on the out come of that we could be going earlier than planned.

How's your plans going? Very tempting to go before the crap weather kicks in here and the country comes to a stand still....

Hopefully over next week or so we should be able to start planning definite dates....

John

hi john,

i wish i could say i was opening a few tinnies tonight but i'm on call so it will have to wait, we're off to cornwall this weekend so will save it until then. original plan was to wait until approx 1 year that has already had tentative thoughts of bringing that down to about 9 months so watch this space. it wasn't your missus who works in recruitment was it? if so, good luck with that one and i may well be sending a cv over. i agree about the crap weather being a great incentive to leave before it comes but my missus has signed a contract at a school until christmas so she will honour that at least then we'll see after that

we'll be in perth in the near future and it is such a relief to start actually planning without feeling like it could all be pulled from us in an instant. it's a great feeling to have the visa.

i will also keep an open mind about leaving dates too because if i get an offer i'd jump.

good luck with your plans

jack

:jiggy:Hi All,

We've got it, we're in! Melbourne here we come :) Thankyou for all of your posts, they helped keep us sane!:hug:

Good luck to everyone else waiting for their golden ticket:)

cpm

Hi All

Been working stupidly long hours so barely had a chance to get on here to keep up with everyone's progress.

First off congrats to all those who have had their visas approved and my fingers are firmly crossed for those of you still waiting.

We fly on Sunday to Perth for WDU and are planning on getting out and about as much as the schedule will allow so that we can get as much info as possible. Also, Mrs T's family have been in touch and we are planning on getting together with them to pick their brains as much as we can.

I will make sure I post an update when we get back of all the things we were able to find out.

Cheers

Si

Hi All

Been working stupidly long hours so barely had a chance to get on here to keep up with everyone's progress.

First off congrats to all those who have had their visas approved and my fingers are firmly crossed for those of you still waiting.

We fly on Sunday to Perth for WDU and are planning on getting out and about as much as the schedule will allow so that we can get as much info as possible. Also, Mrs T's family have been in touch and we are planning on getting together with them to pick their brains as much as we can.

I will make sure I post an update when we get back of all the things we were able to find out.

Cheers

Si

good look with it all and keep us posted on you journey :biggrin:

We've got it, we're in! Melbourne here we come :) Thankyou for all of your posts, they helped keep us sane!:hug:

cpm

****CONGRATULATIONS***:jiggy::jiggy:

Guest mandi1971
Hi Mandi

Was just wondering that had just looked it up - might send our off next week :biggrin:

Here is a link to Australia House which tells ya what to do - http://www.uk.embassy.gov.au/lhlh/visaevid.html

Est X

Thanks Hun we'll probably do the same,be nice to see it after all our hard work lol and it helps with extra baggage etc.

We're not going till Feb next year tho xx

Guest mdeejacks
Hi all

I have my VISA,

Thanks to every one on here for all the info thats been posted

on the June gang thread and a big thanks to Chardy

Cheers Daren

nice one darren,

well pleased for you, their coming thick and fast. when are you going??

cheers

jack

cpm

Congratulations cpm - its a good feeling isn't it???

big hugs

Est

Thanks Hun we'll probably do the same,be nice to see it after all our hard work lol and it helps with extra baggage etc.

We're not going till Feb next year tho xx

Yeah it would be nice to have something to admire every now and again :wink:

OH is gonna start applying for jobs this weekend . We've got one company who were in touch earlier in the process who he needs to contact now we have visas and there were quite a few jobs for him in the Western Australian last night so fingers crossed something may come up soon. We were speaking to an agent at the immigration days in June and he was v positive about work for OH so now its just a case of biting the bullet and going for it.

We both decided that basically we will go in Feb now unless he gets a decent job offer we would go sooner. (we keep bringin git closer n closer next week we'll probably be saying November LOL)

Est

Hi All

Cheers

Si

Have a fab trip I hope that it works out with a definate job etc and I'm looking forward to any insights you have :biggrin::biggrin:

Safe journey

Est x

big hugs

Est

Thankyou, yes it's great, i am trying to contain my excitement whilst trying to figure out the best time to break the news to family :biggrin:

cpm:hug:

Guest mdeejacks

big hugs

Est

Thankyou, yes it's great, i am trying to contain my excitement whilst trying to figure out the best time to break the news to family :biggrin:

cpm:hug:

yeh, i know what you mean, we got our visa yesterday and i told my mum and she cried, not in a happy way either.

good luck telling them

jack

Yes I think it will be hard for parents and family/friends. That's why I told my parents from the beginning before we even really started the visa process. This way it's not a sudden shock of, "we just been granted visa's for oz..we are off..bye!!", well maybe not quite like that lol.

My parents are even involved and signed a statement for our defacto evidence. They will be sad but they know it's my life and I got to do what makes me happy, they understand and met one another in the RAF in Cyprus when they went to work abroad in their early twenty's...so my mum said they would only be hypocrite's.

I don't think it was much of a surprise anyway....I been banging on about oz since I was at school.:laugh:

Guest smiley

cpm

Congratulations :laugh: great news

Guest dazsfa

Hi Jack

We wont be going for at least 18 month because the daughters getting

married next August, We hope to go to Perth in March to validate visas.

Its all happened so quick with the July changes.

When are you hoping to go?

Daren

Guest The Newlands

yeh, i know what you mean, we got our visa yesterday and i told my mum and she cried, not in a happy way either.

good luck telling them

jack

We not told family/friends yet, gonna wait till we know exact dates then we can tell them when,where and why!!! I personally don't want to tell too many people as it would affect my workload as I don't think too many customers would want me to tile their bathroom if they knew i was leaving the country in the very near future...not a very good guarantee!

End of the day the grass isn't always greener but if you don't Jump over the fence to have proper look then you will never know!

Good luck everybody! :wink:

Guest The Newlands
Hi All

Cheers

Si

Hi Si, where in Perth you headed?

John

Archived