176 lodged June 2011 Gang

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a question for all you lucky people who have had their visa's granted - do we need to get a label put in our passport or not? (It is not clear from the letter we got from the case officer!). If so how do you go about it? I would prefer to have one so there is no messing with immigration at any point!

Sara

Guest jaffarms
I have a question for all you lucky people who have had their visa's granted - do we need to get a label put in our passport or not? (It is not clear from the letter we got from the case officer!). If so how do you go about it? I would prefer to have one so there is no messing with immigration at any point!

Sara

Sara, i would recommend you do it with your nearest aussi consul office. I have done today.

Cheers

Jaffar

Sara

i think you send all passports to australia house in london not sure,i was going to look in to that next,if you want the extra on your luggage when you fly you will need them

Guest jaffarms
i think you send all passports to australia house in london not sure,i was going to look in to that next,if you want the extra on your luggage when you fly you will need them

Congrats Waltons on your VISA... You got your visa on India's Independence Day...

cheers

Jaffar

That's what I thought and I would prefer to have it in my passport - thanks I will get in touch with them!! I wonder if they charge (probably!!).

:skeptical:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:Congrats all of you on getting your Visas:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Life has bn so hetic the last few weeks I've completely lost track of this tread :arghh: Hopefully will be able to catch up over the next week as finally got a quiet few days :spinny:

got a quote from Singapore Airlines for flights in May (2 x adults 1 x infant and 1 x childunder 5) £1721 which I thought was good - thats without a stopover just a couple of hours in airport in Singapore before flying onto Perth - night flights tho so not too worried

Est

Heyy there to all of you who have got your visa's so happy for you all

BIG CONGRATULATIONS :jiggy::jiggy::jiggy:..

Hi Est the same as you its been a while since ive been on just been manic with work etc etc thats a good price for singapore who was that with then, so when are you looking to go in May then, we are looking to go the 3rd week in April were pulling kids out of school 30th March before the easter break . I dont think the school is going to be happy as we are pullling them for 6 days in feb for when we go to egypt but what can you do ah ill live with that . Hoz the house all coming along all done and dusted now hun :wink:..

well i will catch up with you soon as the rest of the june gang who ever is waiting you might find you could be next here's to wishing :biggrin:

susan xxx :wubclub:

:skeptical:

Heyy there to all of you who have got your visa's so happy for you all

BIG CONGRATULATIONS :jiggy::jiggy::jiggy:..

Hi Est the same as you its been a while since ive been on just been manic with work etc etc thats a good price for singapore who was that with then, so when are you looking to go in May then, we are looking to go the 3rd week in April were pulling kids out of school 30th March before the easter break . I dont think the school is going to be happy as we are pullling them for 6 days in feb for when we go to egypt but what can you do ah ill live with that . Hoz the house all coming along all done and dusted now hun :wink:..

well i will catch up with you soon as the rest of the june gang who ever is waiting you might find you could be next here's to wishing :biggrin:

susan xxx :wubclub:

Hey Suzy good to hear frm ya xxx

it seems that life is just a whirl at the mo - took all the house stuff to solicitors today - hopefully looking to complete in the next few weeks.

That price was with Signapore Airlines - I thought it was good but wondered what others thought. OH wants to wait for house completion before we actually book flights tho - we have told people we are looking to go in May but to be honest we might go sooner yet - I'd go tomorrow but he wants to save as much a possible - we'll see when we sign over the house .....

The school won't be able to say much seeing as ur emigrating :wubclub: go for it - we could be on the same flight yet LOL

Big :hug::hug::hug:

Est xxx

Guest mdeejacks

hello all,

has anyone else had, or have knowledge on other people having their meds referred?

on checking these today, where it used to say health requirements outstanding it now says health requirements finalised. this would normally make me happy but the other ones still say referred.

any helps would be greatly appreciated.

well done to all those who have gotten to the promised land

cheers jack

YIPPEEEEEEEEEEE VISA GRANTED 15/08/2011:biggrin::wink::chatterbox::cool:

Congrats The Waltons!!:jiggy:

hello all,

has anyone else had, or have knowledge on other people having their meds referred?

on checking these today, where it used to say health requirements outstanding it now says health requirements finalised. this would normally make me happy but the other ones still say referred.

any helps would be greatly appreciated.

well done to all those who have gotten to the promised land

cheers jack

I have not had medicals yet but it means they either need further information or want to look at it in more detail... I think. I know mine will be referred, I am fully expecting that. Unless you got any major long term health problems I wouldn't worry.

Hey all, hope everyone is well. Overheard a couple of ladies specking today in the supermarket, one of them was talking about how they just came back from living abroad for 2 years with her family, as the other lady thought she was back for a visit and surprised to see her. I had to listen as I chose which tartar sauce, I wanted to find out where it was...and it was oz!!!! I soon jumped in and joined the conversation (anything oz I am obessed and chat to anyone about it) She been in Adelaide for 2 years with her 2 boys and husband. I told her I was heading to Perth and she said Good Luck (but in more of a sarcastic tone!! :wub:) She said they came back as they missed friends and family, but it was an experience for the boys. She also said they went out there with the plan to stay for good. She the went on to "warn me" it actually rains a lot and they had one of the worst winters and it was worse then the UK.

So I wonder....we plan to go for good. Do you all plan to go for good? I wonder how many of us will be joining the coming home thread on here in a couple of years! I can't imagine ever wanting to come back...and I think this lady may have been a bit sour, althought she was very nice about it all. She even said as we didn't have children we would probably be alright lol. I know a story of a bloke in my hometown who came home from Melbourne and was so upset to return as he felt like a failure, he couldn't stay in the area to face people and they moved to Devon instead. Maybe I should be careful how much I rub it in with people when I am moving to oz!!

Guest Anita in uk

Hi Chardy, hope you don't mind me joining in. We actualy lodged our 176 applications at the end of May, we had our meds on 3rd og Aug.

On looking at DIACs website all our docs have now gone from requested to 'met', what will we expect next? will we have to wait to see it being changed to 'finalised', hate all this hanging around. Heading to Perth, hopefully Oct. Thankyou and good work. x

Hey all, hope everyone is well. Overheard a couple of ladies specking today in the supermarket, one of them was talking about how they just came back from living abroad for 2 years with her family, as the other lady thought she was back for a visit and surprised to see her. I had to listen as I chose which tartar sauce, I wanted to find out where it was...and it was oz!!!! I soon jumped in and joined the conversation (anything oz I am obessed and chat to anyone about it) She been in Adelaide for 2 years with her 2 boys and husband. I told her I was heading to Perth and she said Good Luck (but in more of a sarcastic tone!! :wub:) She said they came back as they missed friends and family, but it was an experience for the boys. She also said they went out there with the plan to stay for good. She the went on to "warn me" it actually rains a lot and they had one of the worst winters and it was worse then the UK.

So I wonder....we plan to go for good. Do you all plan to go for good? I wonder how many of us will be joining the coming home thread on here in a couple of years! I can't imagine ever wanting to come back...and I think this lady may have been a bit sour, althought she was very nice about it all. She even said as we didn't have children we would probably be alright lol. I know a story of a bloke in my hometown who came home from Melbourne and was so upset to return as he felt like a failure, he couldn't stay in the area to face people and they moved to Devon instead. Maybe I should be careful how much I rub it in with people when I am moving to oz!!

This is why we're of the mindset that we're going for the experience (and to get citizenship at least!). We may love it, we may miss the UK and want to come back. It's not like we have a rubbish life here and we actually love where we live which is why we're not selling up. We want to keep our options open but still take the opportunity to live overseas while we still can. Plus my OH's children live in NZ so to be closer to them will be fantastic.

Guest Baazighar

Hi All,

I am very pleased to say that I got my visa grant this morning :)

I dont post much(useful info lol.) but have been a regular follower and have obtained all of the

info. that I needed to apply. A big thanks to one and all.

Good luck to all...

Hi All,

I dont post much(useful info lol.) but have been a regular follower and have obtained all of the

Good luck to all...

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :jiggy:

Hi All,

Good luck to all...

Congratulations to all who got visa this week.

HI

what is your location (HR/LR).

regards

SJSabir

Hi All,

Good luck to all...

Conratulations!!! :biggrin:

Archived