176 lodged June 2011 Gang

Guest sriram

Wow. Good luck with your plans.

Just a couple of qns.

From the date of grant, how much time we have to make initial entry? After initial entry and activation of VISA, how much more time we have for permanent resettlement ?

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jaffarms
Wow. Good luck with your plans.

Just a couple of qns.

From the date of grant, how much time we have to make initial entry? After initial entry and activation of VISA, how much more time we have for permanent resettlement ?

I have got almost 11 months from the visa grant for initial entry. my visa grant on 3 Aug 2011 and have time until 13 July 2011 (PCC UAE Recieved Date).

Cheers

Jaffar

HI Sriram & Jaffar,

I think there is a big box in which they through all the applications and randomly pick one for processing, beside this I can’t think of any other clue, how they are doing it (processing) ...!#$%^&*()

I am from Pakistan like you India (HR country), living in Pakistan Like you as UAE is also HR country.

Having State Sponsorship as you do...

On Cat -3 like you....

Applied on June 14, 2011 but still waiting for the CO????????

SO, Dear Sriram, I have no better rationale but to say that, they are using big box strategy....

Hi Guys -I had my meds last Tuesday, when I go on the DIAC website it says "health requirements finalised " at the top for both of us and then underneath "further medical results received" am I right to assume they are all ok as it says "health requirements finalised " at the top?

If I click through to document checklist radiologist report and medical examination "requested", am I right in assuming the case officer just needs to change these to "met" at some point as they are "finalised" on the other screen?

(sorry if these seem dumb questions I just want to check I understand what I am seeing anf there are no problems!).

Thanks

Sara

Hi Guys -I had my meds last Tuesday, when I go on the DIAC website it says "health requirements finalised " at the top for both of us and then underneath "further medical results received" am I right to assume they are all ok as it says "health requirements finalised " at the top?

If I click through to document checklist radiologist report and medical examination "requested", am I right in assuming the case officer just needs to change these to "met" at some point as they are "finalised" on the other screen?

(sorry if these seem dumb questions I just want to check I understand what I am seeing anf there are no problems!).

Thanks

Sara

Sara,

Just going on past posts, I think it all looks good and like you say the CO just needs to change these bits to met. That "GOLDEN TICKET" should be on it's way soon for you ! :wink:

Justin x

Guest Baazighar

Thanks

Sara

That is what happened with mine, it will take 1-2 days for CO to change the status from "requested" to met.

Sara,

Just going on past posts, I think it all looks good and like you say the CO just needs to change these bits to met. That "GOLDEN TICKET" should be on it's way soon for you ! :wink:

Justin x

Thanks - just what i thought - awaiting police checks now (not worried about this as I have always been good!!) - fingers crossed for early next week!! (i'm so excited!!) :wink::biggrin:

Sara

Medical done this morning at Knightsbridge. All seemed to go smoothly but slightly amazed about things they don't ask you...was expected to be asked things like if I smoke etc. but no, Dr seemed more interested in my job than health but hey, if it gets me the golden ticket who cares! After a nice break, guess tomorrow it's back to checking the emails/status checker like an idiot every morning awaiting some change.

Fingers crossed for another busy week for the June gang.

Medical done this morning at Knightsbridge. All seemed to go smoothly but slightly amazed about things they don't ask you...was expected to be asked things like if I smoke etc. but no, Dr seemed more interested in my job than health but hey, if it gets me the golden ticket who cares! After a nice break, guess tomorrow it's back to checking the emails/status checker like an idiot every morning awaiting some change.

Fingers crossed for another busy week for the June gang.

I thought exactly the same about the Meds - not much to it (esp for the price) I was a bit worried but there was really no need to be!! Hardly worth doing really - easy to pass!! :jiggy:

Guest jaffarms

Thanks

Sara

Like Justin said, for me it was like this 2 days... was really waiting and finally i got the Golden Ticket on 3 Aug 2011.... may be few days more for your ticket mate..

cheers

Jaffar

Guest mandi1971

Good luck to you all, hope you get some news in next few days :biggrin:

Im still in limbo, it hasnt sunk in yet. I went to my mams yesterday and upset myself thinking how would i cope without seeing her and my sister?? Very hard, confusing times ahead of me im sure but hopefully it.ll all be worth it :cry::eek::wub:

Fingers crossed for all of you who are waiting or having meds this week

Mandi xx

Im still in limbo, it hasnt sunk in yet. I went to my mams yesterday and upset myself thinking how would i cope without seeing her and my sister?? Very hard, confusing times ahead of me im sure but hopefully it.ll all be worth it :cry::eek::wub:

Mandi xx

That is definately the hard part I agree - a big sacrafice - but I keep thinking if I find it too hard or don't like it I can always come back - but at least I've done it!! :arghh:

The same is true for me and hubby. That's the price we all have to pay!!! It is also hard for me not seeing my family as I'm used to, to go to mum's place whenever I wanted to. And I have to leave our little family dog here in Europe. A very high price, but that's the price I'm willing to pay for that my greatest dream come true: living in Australia! I guess Skype will make these facts a littel bit easier...hopefully

Regards, Rabeah

That is definately the hard part I agree - a big sacrafice - but I keep thinking if I find it too hard or don't like it I can always come back - but at least I've done it!! :arghh:

Guest clarkymint

Has anyone found cheap flights to Oz? Really hoping to get the visa by the end of this month so we can book the flights (just the IELTS test outstanding now).. Thinking of booking with Malaysia Airlines or Brunei Airlines.. Has anyone got good/bad experiences with them or got some other recommendation? Thinking of having a stop-over in Asia =)

Congrats to everyone with the Golden ticket!!!

Has anyone found cheap flights to Oz? Really hoping to get the visa by the end of this month so we can book the flights (just the IELTS test outstanding now).. Thinking of booking with Malaysia Airlines or Brunei Airlines.. Has anyone got good/bad experiences with them or got some other recommendation? Thinking of having a stop-over in Asia =)

Congrats to everyone with the Golden ticket!!!

HI there,

I rang trailfinders today again today to see how flights were priced with Singapore airlines , my quote was £2260.00 for a family of four .

Breakdown £605 for adult/ child £525 hope this helps . Rbr Singapore will give u 40 kg for a migrant , but as Justin says you can trawl the net to see what the competition is

Susan x :wink:

Guest clarkymint
HI there,

I rang trailfinders today again today to see how flights were priced with Singapore airlines , my quote was £2260.00 for a family of four .

Breakdown £605 for adult/ child £525 hope this helps . Rbr Singapore will give u 40 kg for a migrant , but as Justin says you can trawl the net to see what the competition is

Susan x :wink:

Is that a return ticket or one way? Dunno, if to go for a return ticket or not. As many people say its so much more expensive to get tickets to europe from oz than by a return, but dont really wonna go back every year..

mhh, whats everybody else doing??:err:

Guest The Newlands

Thanks

Sara

All sounds like ours read, even after the visa was issued the status never changed so dont worry. You will have your visa within the week:biggrin:

Guest The Newlands

Mandi xx

ditto, i'm the same, we haven't even told family yet. Just waiting on the outcome from my final interview:biggrin:

Sarah

Hi all, well booked our medicals today for September 2nd in Maidenhead. I think our police checks should be back this week. Our CO will need an update by this Wednesday as we had until 10th August for medicals/police checks. As long as we have proof of booking it's fine apparently. We (or should I say I) are going to have to spend the next week getting defacto evidence together!! Then our agent can submit that as soon as medicals are done and before any visa is granted. I am hoping to have our golden ticket by my Birthday in November. I have wanted this for over 10 years now so I just hope we don't get a big regret stamp!

My meds were last Wed. I expect a response this week. Mine all say finalised or recieved on medical requirements status.

Question regards the police certificate. I uploaded it on the document upload portal, should I have emailed this direct to my case officer? I still have time left on my 70 days. No mention on my status pages for this either?

Hi all, well booked our medicals today for September 2nd in Maidenhead. I think our police checks should be back this week. Our CO will need an update by this Wednesday as we had until 10th August for medicals/police checks. As long as we have proof of booking it's fine apparently. We (or should I say I) are going to have to spend the next week getting defacto evidence together!! Then our agent can submit that as soon as medicals are done and before any visa is granted. I am hoping to have our golden ticket by my Birthday in November. I have wanted this for over 10 years now so I just hope we don't get a big regret stamp!

I'll let you know how we get on at Maidenhead next week, I don't reckon you'll have to wait until November for THE ticket though :wink:

Justin x

Archived