176 lodged June 2011 Gang

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest mdeejacks
Yes I wasn't best pleased but you got a big sheet to wrap yourself up in - just had to hold on tight when was asked to touch my toes :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

touch your toes!!! i only just told her about stripping off. now without time to get over this she now knows about the touching toes thing. ouch..she's not too happy:biglaugh:

Yes I wasn't best pleased but you got a big sheet to wrap yourself up in - just had to hold on tight when was asked to touch my toes :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Do they actually expect you to touch your toes then....................not going to happen with my back !:no:

Am loving having something to check online again

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Just checked Visa status online and all our medicals have now been uploaded - just the blood tests outstanding - woohoo!!!

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

one step closer whoop whoop, but did you really have to strip?? we did'ent! :shocked: just pulled top up to check belly

Yep he ask me OH and 4 year old to touch toes - just so he could check spine rather then if you could actually touch ya toes - LOL

I think it depends what you wear on the day obviously OH and I never put much thought into clothing - our son just had to take t-shirt n afraid we have to strip our daughter down to her nappy for a weigh in and to check her over, which she wasn't at all impressed with - bless her

but we were all checked over within half an hour so it wasn't for long - and like I say you had a big sheet to protect your modesty :wink:

hi every 1, i was advised to av a look on this page. but i dont understand all these shortend words to letters. my husband is a joiner and we have a baby. and thinking about going through the state sponsored rout, is this the best way??. please give me some advice and how it all works. its all very confusing on the websites. what happens with the state,? do they send u were they want u to work? how much are we looking at for visas for us 3? does the state pay anything? what if u dont like it do they help cart u back to england? or is that a silly question? im really scared about making the big move and need to know everything.

adele

Hi Adele, if you dont get enough points for 175 visa (general skilled migration) you can apply for state sponsorship visa 176. This is where you see which state requires ur occupation and apply to them for sponsorship. This just gives you an extra 5 points, you must live there for 2 years (most states) which may then give u enough points to qualify. Cost pretty much depends on how many are going, if ur doing urself or getting an agent, whether you have trade papers or qualifications or if you have to do an assessment to varify them. Whether or not your english is good or if you live in a high risk country. Then you also have to take into account cost of medicals/police checks/flights/shipping of belongings/relcocation costs etc.

I would suggest you contact an agent for some free advice on which visa you may be eligable for and the costs associated with it. Can be less daunting process with a good agent as they will tell you exactly what you need to do. Hope this helps not sure if visa req the same after changes in July but im sure someone more knowing than I will soon fill you in :cute:

Hi Sinead,

We are looking at going in Oct got a price for Singapore 2,273.76 Aerlingus to London 2hr layover,Singapore airbus a380 from london 2.15 min layover then on to perth, is it true that you get extra boggage allowance with Singapore? do we have to pay extra then for the extra weight in bags with Airlingus?

Thanks x

Hi yes you have to pay for checked baggage with aerlingus, so your carry on is fine but the big bag you check you will have to pay for it 15 for 20kg and goes up to bout 40 for 25kg. As singapore give you 23kg checked baggage from uk ur better off just packing the 20kg. Not sure if you can get extra baggage allowance from them ive heard it said but do not see it on their webpage.

Sinead

Yep he ask me OH and 4 year old to touch toes - just so he could check spine rather then if you could actually touch ya toes - LOL

I think it depends what you wear on the day obviously OH and I never put much thought into clothing - our son just had to take t-shirt n afraid we have to strip our daughter down to her nappy for a weigh in and to check her over, which she wasn't at all impressed with - bless her

but we were all checked over within half an hour so it wasn't for long - and like I say you had a big sheet to protect your modesty :wink:

We never had to touch our toes :notworthy: just strip off and lie on the bed! Never got a big sheet either :embarrassed:

And I never even thought about the matching undies til it was too late :biglaugh::embarrassed::biglaugh:

we all had jeans on and none of us had to bend over to touch our toes, it was a quick check of tummy when laying down, then siting up on bed and was checked with stetocope, but we all had to take tops off for x ray, my teenage daughter was morterfide as the gowns we got was see threw,:swoon: maybe it depends on clinic on how they do things

we all had jeans on and none of us had to bend over to touch our toes, it was a quick check of tummy when laying down, then siting up on bed and was checked with stetocope, but we all had to take tops off for x ray, my teenage daughter was morterfide as the gowns we got was see threw,:swoon: maybe it depends on clinic on how they do things

I'm chuckling already at the look on my teenagers face when I tell her lol:biglaugh:

I'm chuckling already at the look on my teenagers face when I tell her lol:biglaugh:

:shocked: You're evil!

But then I'd be the same :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

i must admite i cracked up as she had arms folded so tight across her chest, even the x ray lady asked if she was ok:biglaugh:

i must admite i cracked up as she had arms folded so tight across her chest, even the x ray lady asked if she was ok:biglaugh:

Just had a random conversation with my lovely teen, told her about stripping off and touching of toes lol her eyes nearly popped out of her head!! Why do they have to check yer bum? she asks lol, then asks if I've got any Homes under the hammer down under on sky+ for her to watch I did laugh!!:biglaugh:

Hi all

Been working very long hours all week (and will be for the next six months trying to save as much as we can to move in the spring) so haven't had a chance to get on here to update.

Everything except evidence of my UK qualifications and my health requirements are met, including my step daughters evidence of dependency which I was a little worried about. Surprising how difficult that is to prove so we just sent off her Uni Grant/Loan award, copy of rent invoice we pay, Form 47 etc. Now showing as met so shoud be all good.

Been waiting five weeks now for a copy of my HND certificate and starting to get a bit annoyed with the supplier, especially as they took payment three times and are yet to refund the other two even though they have agreed to. Ironic that as a Finance Director I insist on control and process around company payments and that is probably what is holding it up lmao.

Hopefully my next update is to say that I uploaded the certificate and have my visa. Three weeks tomorrow we fly out to Perth for WDU so getting a little twitchy that we will get the visa in time so we can validate.

Cheers all

Si

Guest The Newlands

touch your toes!!! i only just told her about stripping off. now without time to get over this she now knows about the touching toes thing. ouch..she's not too happy:biglaugh:

Do they actually expect you to touch your toes then....................not going to happen with my back !:no:

Yes you have to touch your toes with legs straight, or you fail your medical. It's down to your back being in good order for the long flight....

Also if the ladies don't wear matching underwear you also fail because this shows you have dodgy coordination!!

Men must wear large baggy Y-fronts or yes you guessed it you Fail! This is down to Calvin Klein pants being too tight for your circulation, hense high blood pressure!

We heard after we had our meds that if ladies wear matching under wear with fishnets and suspenders they get their Visa there and then!! Lol

So good luck everyone with Medicals, stick to the above and you will be fine.......:wink:

Let's have a bit of humour cos we r all stressed.

Y

We heard after we had our meds that if ladies wear matching under wear with fishnets and suspenders they get their Visa there and then!! Lol

In that case I'm retraining to be a doctor :biglaugh::wink:

In that case I'm retraining to be a doctor :biglaugh::wink:

By the time you become a doctor things would be changed:goofy:

i was shocked first, but after going through the devilish conversation i realized that after so much waiting humor is still alive.

you are doing favor to others who are depressed.

keep it up like this!!!! best of luck

Guest mdeejacks
Yes you have to touch your toes with legs straight, or you fail your medical. It's down to your back being in good order for the long flight....

Also if the ladies don't wear matching underwear you also fail because this shows you have dodgy coordination!!

Men must wear large baggy Y-fronts or yes you guessed it you Fail! This is down to Calvin Klein pants being too tight for your circulation, hense high blood pressure!

So good luck everyone with Medicals, stick to the above and you will be fine.......:wink:

Let's have a bit of humour cos we r all stressed.

great, i'll wear fishnets and all that stuff if it means i get a visa on the spot and i'll get the missus to wear Y fronts

:wacko:

great, i'll wear fishnets and all that stuff if it means i get a visa on the spot and i'll get the missus to wear Y fronts

:wacko:

Well that sure has put me off the retraining to be a doctor idea :arghh::biglaugh:

Guest mdeejacks
Well that sure has put me off the retraining to be a doctor idea :arghh::biglaugh:

I'm glad you said that, i'll whip them off, they were chafing anyway!!!!:tongue:

Guest thekelbos

Bit quiet on here isn't it. I know a few are on holidays. Hope you come back to good news! :jiggy:

Guest The Newlands
Bit quiet on here isn't it. I know a few are on holidays. Hope you come back to good news! :jiggy:

Yea very quiet all weekend so far, we just practicing the out door living while weather nice, Sunday dinner on patio with a beer! Mmmm

Roll on.......Perth:jiggy:

Guest mdeejacks
Yea very quiet all weekend so far, we just practicing the out door living while weather nice, Sunday dinner on patio with a beer! Mmmm

Might have to join you on the beer front. been to a party today! sounds exciting, but the only parties I seem to go to these days have jelly and ice cream:biggrin:

we're off to perth too. any ideas where in perth you will go?

cheers

jack

We had a lovely pub lunch by the river despite our 2 year old being very poorly:sad:, can't beat a cold beer on a warm day. A lovely breeze too just to take the heat down :biggrin:

Archived