176 lodged June 2011 Gang

Might have to join you on the beer front. been to a party today! sounds exciting, but the only parties I seem to go to these days have jelly and ice cream:biggrin:

we're off to perth too. any ideas where in perth you will go?

cheers

jack

Yep, we do a lot of those parties too :eek:

Perth bound too eventually but not a clue where yet, depends on work I guess - don't want too long a commute to wherever I need to go to :nah:

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest mdeejacks
We had a lovely pub lunch by the river despite our 2 year old being very poorly:sad:, can't beat a cold beer on a warm day. A lovely breeze too just to take the heat down :biggrin:

that's really funny we are the same. we get over 20 degrees and we start to struggle. should we really be thinking about perth:wacko:

Guest The Newlands
Might have to join you on the beer front. been to a party today! sounds exciting, but the only parties I seem to go to these days have jelly and ice cream:biggrin:

we're off to perth too. any ideas where in perth you will go?

cheers

jack

We've been looking at Joondalup area so far, we stayed in Two Rocks last Xmas with friends, but we think that's abit too far north and too isolated.

I know there a lot of construction work going on in Yanchep, so like Chardy said it depends on where I get a job, my OH will be working in city so we want good access to a train station, decent school etc...

Have you decided yet where to go?

John

Guest mdeejacks
We've been looking at Joondalup area so far, we stayed in Two Rocks last Xmas with friends, but we think that's abit too far north and too isolated.

I know there a lot of construction work going on in Yanchep, so like Chardy said it depends on where I get a job, my OH will be working in city so we want good access to a train station, decent school etc...

Have you decided yet where to go?

John

Hello John,

we are kind of looking north perth, maybe ocean reef or duncraig. we will look to rent first as i don't have a job so would like to find out where i will be working before making a buying commitment. joondaloop looks nice too and it got a shopping centre to keep my missus happy

cheers jack

Guest The Newlands
Hello John,

we are kind of looking north perth, maybe ocean reef or duncraig. we will look to rent first as i don't have a job so would like to find out where i will be working before making a buying commitment. joondaloop looks nice too and it got a shopping centre to keep my missus happy

cheers jack

Yea we heard good things about Ocean reef, and we also going to rent to start with, we've just booked a holiday let for 3 months till our container gets there and to give me time to find a job a check the different areas out. Also I can't work till our container gets there cos all my tools will be in it, so I'll be house husband/pool cleaner for a while what a bummer!

John

that's really funny we are the same. we get over 20 degrees and we start to struggle. should we really be thinking about perth:wacko:

Oh we love the heat, (Egypt, Florida etc) so it's not a problem, but the breeze is nice - the Doctor they call it in Perth :wink:

Ocean Reef in the NOR or Secret Harbour in the SOR sound great if we can afford it :wacko:

No one else so far or is it because the E-visa is down ??

Hi All,

New to the board. My oh occupation same as your's. We lodged 176 visa through an agent on 24th June. Heard nothing as yet. Payment has been taken tho. Waiting for 1100 to be sent from WA and then get the validation of visa application. Hopefully hear sometime soon.

Fingers xxx.

Jessiewessie.

Guest The Newlands
Hi All,

New to the board. My oh occupation same as your's. We lodged 176 visa through an agent on 24th June. Heard nothing as yet. Payment has been taken tho. Waiting for 1100 to be sent from WA and then get the validation of visa application. Hopefully hear sometime soon.

Fingers xxx.

Jessiewessie.

hi

its a case of waiting i'm afraid, I think nearly all the June gang may have been allocated CO's but only a few Visa's have been issued so lets hope next week brings us all some luck and hope

:arghh:

Sarah

hi

its a case of waiting i'm afraid, I think nearly all the June gang may have been allocated CO's but only a few Visa's have been issued so lets hope next week brings us all some luck and hope

:arghh:

Sarah

Thanks sarah. All in the same boat aren't we. That's what we have been warned by our agent. Waiting game. I hope next week brings good news. Did you book your meds before before allocated a CO. Not sure what to do.

Jessiewessie

Guest The Newlands
Thanks sarah. All in the same boat aren't we. That's what we have been warned by our agent. Waiting game. I hope next week brings good news. Did you book your meds before before allocated a CO. Not sure what to do.

Jessiewessie

Hi

No, we booked as soon as a CO was allocated. We thought it was going to be at least 12 month before we heard anything but visa's have been popping out all over the place, which is a good thing dont get me wrong. Definitly a waiting game. It really is taking over our lives. We havnt told the family yet lol. From the blogs on our "176 June gang" the meds are taking about 1-2 weeks to even get an appointment. Wouldnt recomend Birmingham but that is our option, maybe not someone else's. Hope this helps :-)

Feel free to ask anything

sarah:chatterbox:

Guest mdeejacks
Yea we heard good things about Ocean reef, and we also going to rent to start with, we've just booked a holiday let for 3 months till our container gets there and to give me time to find a job a check the different areas out. Also I can't work till our container gets there cos all my tools will be in it, so I'll be house husband/pool cleaner for a while what a bummer!

John[/quote

hello John

Who did you book the short let with cos that's something we're really interested in doing and there seems so many to choose from.

Cheers jack

Guest The Newlands

John[/quote

hello John

Who did you book the short let with cos that's something we're really interested in doing and there seems so many to choose from.

Cheers jack

Hi

Its worth looking at B & B's in Perth. The one we stayed in is http://www.seatrees-bb.com

I personally think it beats rentals while your container arrives. It gives you a little rest before all the work starts. Its like living in your own rental with a pool but with no bills or deposits and the luxury of a Large house as most of the B&B's are set in acres of bushland, annex with a pool. So the house has to be large to accommodate. Have a look and let me know what you think. If you do enquire, mention our names (Sarah & John). there are a few others that we have looked at so if you want more info please let me know.

Sarah

Guest The Newlands

John[/quote

hello John

Cheers jack

try this website too.

http://www.stayz.com.au

Sarah:chatterbox::biggrin:

Had an email back from HOC this morning to say that my medical has now been assessed and it is also now on my online status as finalised.

Just waiting for my HND certificate to arrive and then it should all be down to the final decision by my CO.

Fingers crossed

Si

Hi

Its worth looking at B & B's in Perth. The one we stayed in is http://www.seatrees-bb.com

I personally think it beats rentals while your container arrives. It gives you a little rest before all the work starts. Its like living in your own rental with a pool but with no bills or deposits and the luxury of a Large house as most of the B&B's are set in acres of bushland, annex with a pool. So the house has to be large to accommodate. Have a look and let me know what you think. If you do enquire, mention our names (Sarah & John). there are a few others that we have looked at so if you want more info please let me know.

Sarah

Cheers Sarah an John Newland!! Havin a bit of a Ngtmare finding somewhere t live in Perth t fully furnished places r v pricey! We like at the min homeaway website they seem v professional. We hav 3 Kids so this bit is quite tricky. We leave on t 19th Oct. So far this past wk 10 skip runs an 1 horrendous car boot!!! Arrrah !!! Another 15 more runs left an I think 1 more car boot!!! Boo..... Best of luck guys on meds an that not sooo 'Golden ticket'. Was kinda of hoping our Visa's came literally coated in gold wi flashing lights al round it, but no a nice sticky label in (w a bit of gold an red in) t back of passports!!

Best of luck lol

Lins xxx

Had an email back from HOC this morning to say that my medical has now been assessed and it is also now on my online status as finalised.

Just waiting for my HND certificate to arrive and then it should all be down to the final decision by my CO.

Fingers crossed

Si

Good luck Si T. An best of luck wi ur filming!! My oh is trying t get on t Pickford filming!!! Not me no chance I'd make a rgt fool of myself!! Not long now!!! Good luck v excitin xx

Guest Pixie10

Well we emailed are poolice checks over to CO on Saturday after OH meds finalised on Thursday and guess what- we have a visa!!!!!:wink:

Checked at 2ish last night and we had it!!!!! Got to say our CO has been very quick and efficient all the way through- woooohooooooo we have a visa!!!!! Doesnt feel real- havent told anyone yet- my dads birthday today so a bit of family meal later- not sure whether to drop the bombshell or wait (dad will be pleased for us!)

Sorry for the ramblings xx

Guest mdeejacks

Hi

Its worth looking at B & B's in Perth. The one we stayed in is www.seatrees-bb.com

Sarah

wow sarah,

that looks great, just a bit worried about the location. how long would that take to get to central perth.

cheers

jack

Guest mdeejacks
Well we emailed are poolice checks over to CO on Saturday after OH meds finalised on Thursday and guess what- we have a visa!!!!!:wink:

Checked at 2ish last night and we had it!!!!! Got to say our CO has been very quick and efficient all the way through- woooohooooooo we have a visa!!!!! Doesnt feel real- havent told anyone yet- my dads birthday today so a bit of family meal later- not sure whether to drop the bombshell or wait (dad will be pleased for us!)

hello,

I wouldn't drop the bomb tonight as the whole night could turn into the pixie show when it should be about your dad.

sorry if i'm speaking out of line

cheers

jack

Guest mdeejacks
Hi All,

Fingers xxx.

Jessiewessie.

heloo jessiewessie,

you cant be too far behind me as we got our CO beginning of last week and we lodged on the 16/06/11 so i would imagine you will be getting some good news soon

jack

Guest The Newlands

Welll done:notworthy:

I spoke to our agent this morning to ask if we need anymore docs, they said no we are finalised. Just waiting the go ahead now :-), wait wait wait :eek::eek:

how long? we will never now

Sarah:jiggy::skeptical:

Guest Robgarner

Hi Pixie,

Many congratulations.... Enjoy tonight...

Rob

HOORAY AND CONGRATS Pixie, really pleased for you :biggrin:

Hope it goes Ok with the family :wink:

Guest The Newlands

wow sarah,

that looks great, just a bit worried about the location. how long would that take to get to central perth.

cheers

jack

Hi Jack it's about 50mins drive to city, I agree abit far to live full time if working in city but it's a good base to do your research whilst waiting for container etc.. Yanchep just down the road where loads of new houses being built. It's about 20 mins to Joondalup shopping centre...beach 5 mins away.

Archived