176 lodged June 2011 Gang

Guest The Newlands
Hi Sarab,

We were ehealth not paper applications. My daughters (8) was finalised in 2 days mine took 4 to b finalised my husbands who is the main app still not finalised says it has recieved 2 sets of meds but still waiting on 2 more (requested)

Apparently they (CO) dont always update that form on a regular basis, many people on here have got there visa grant and meds and pc's etc still say requested. So I would'nt worry too much about it. I know easier said than done

Thanks for this, its easier said than done thought isnt it? i did have a chuckle reading your post because just before i logged onto immi and the medicals said finalised!! this becomes an addiction doesnt it. Anyway i'm not going to look anymore because my headaches are getting worse. its a tension headache "i wonder why":embarrassed:

I'm off out with the girls tonight, so no pio or pp for me tonight:arghh: wonder if the wine will suppress my addiction to the site:jiggy:

good luck with your plans and everyone who receives there visa's today.

Sarah:chatterbox:

The Newlands

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Robgarner

Hi,

Just wanted to share we now have a CO...

More paperwork requested though!!! Solictors here we come. ££££...

Regards

Rob

Guest mandi1971
Vongrats both of you on your visa grants today :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Hi Mandi - Sorry to here that you are still waiting for a response from your CO:hug: - have you contacted them at all? P'haps they are on holiday:err: it may be worth ringing them tho tonight - you may get a result by morning - then you'd def have a fab holiday!!!!

If not try n relax I'm so glad we booked a holiday next week after meds tomorrow I think chasing two kids around the pool for 7 days is gonna keep our minds off visa for a while :swoon:

Est

Thanks Hun, I emailed them Monday but haven't heard back yet and there's no change on website.

I'm sure I'll have some good news after my holidays,I'm hoping a week in the sun will take my mind of it all lol.

Hope you have a fab time in yours xx

Guest Crosby Family
Hi Muriel,

Singapore airlines seems to be the best and reasonably priced got quotes the other day for a flight to Perth in June 1800 for 2 adults 1 child - Dub to Heathrow (aerlingus) Heathrow to singapore (singapore airlines) and singapore to Perth (singapore airlines) only in heathrow 1hr waiting to board and singapore 2hrs. Singapore allow 7kg carry on and 23kg checked- Aerlingus 10kg carry on and 20kg checked will cost approx 20. So bear this in mind when booking as you will have to make arrangements with Aerlingus regarding checked baggage charge on the flight. :cute:

Hi Sinead,

We are looking at going in Oct got a price for Singapore 2,273.76 Aerlingus to London 2hr layover,Singapore airbus a380 from london 2.15 min layover then on to perth, is it true that you get extra boggage allowance with Singapore? do we have to pay extra then for the extra weight in bags with Airlingus?

Thanks x

Guest prabinarippa

How long it wil take for internal and external checks for a priority 2 applicant,,,any ideap plz

Guest joewills

hi every 1, i was advised to av a look on this page. but i dont understand all these shortend words to letters. my husband is a joiner and we have a baby. and thinking about going through the state sponsored rout, is this the best way??. please give me some advice and how it all works. its all very confusing on the websites. what happens with the state,? do they send u were they want u to work? how much are we looking at for visas for us 3? does the state pay anything? what if u dont like it do they help cart u back to england? or is that a silly question? im really scared about making the big move and need to know everything.

adele

Guest Pixie10

Adele I'll replied to you on another thread a few days ago and put up the link http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/176/

it tells you all about the state sponsorship visa. You need to check if your husband/you are eligible first. The states dont pay for anything they just say yep we need that skill- thats it. They dont find you work or anything- thats all down to you. You promise to work in that state for 2 years and you can come home whenever you like. Just read as much as you can about 176 once you are sure you qualify. Good luck

Guest Pixie10

Postman been and we got our Police checks back! Thats it we're done- just upload them and wait for the golden ticket!! I wana go now please!:biggrin:

Postman been and we got our Police checks back! Thats it we're done- just upload them and wait for the golden ticket!! I wana go now please!:biggrin:

how long did they take hun we sent our last thursday got email this morning saying they are dealing with them:chatterbox:

Thanks Hun, I emailed them Monday but haven't heard back yet and there's no change on website.

I'm sure I'll have some good news after my holidays,I'm hoping a week in the sun will take my mind of it all lol.

Hope you have a fab time in yours xx

Yeah try to take a week off it all n chillax for a while :cool: a few cocktails should help do the trick :wink:

Great news

We are all done now too Medical done in Manchester this morning finish with 1 1/2 of arriving at the docs and about £100 cheaper then we'd worked out as no hep tests even though we both have tatoos - :wubclub:

Kids meds already showing as recieved online and Doc said our results should be recieved by DIAC by next Thursday ready for the big decision :swoon:

Now its all about chilling out and having a TOP holiday for the next week or so

Best of luck to everyone still waiting this week and good luck Sara with your meds - they are a breeze honestly and we had a 11 month old who did not take kindly to the doc :nah:

Est :cool:

Oooooh - exciting - I wonder how long it will take to get fully approved!! :biggrin:

Yeah try to take a week off it all n chillax for a while :cool: a few cocktails should help do the trick :wink:

Great news

We are all done now too Medical done in Manchester this morning finish with 1 1/2 of arriving at the docs and about £100 cheaper then we'd worked out as no hep tests even though we both have tatoos - :wubclub:

Kids meds already showing as recieved online and Doc said our results should be recieved by DIAC by next Thursday ready for the big decision :swoon:

Best of luck to everyone still waiting this week and good luck Sara with your meds - they are a breeze honestly and we had a 11 month old who did not take kindly to the doc :nah:

thanks hun you go and have a fab holiday and fingers crossed for when you get home you have a golden ticket:biggrin:

Great news

Thanks for the good luck wishes, I am a little worried as I keep thinking it's all gone too smoothly so far and what if I've got something that I don't know about and I fail (daft I know I'm not usually a pessimist!) - I wonder how long it will take for you to get your golden ticket once the meds are approved!! I hope I get away without having a hep test, I do have tattoo's and piercings though, how come you didn't need it doing?

Have a nice hol - and don't forget to check your email (like you won't) :laugh:

Hi All,

I'm now a proud owner of a 176 label in my passport. I went and got it in London this morning, apparently it's needed if you want to double your baggage allowance?

Have a nice w'end

Yoyo x

did you get it while you waited? we are going monday, but need daughters back as she is flying to spain next week, i phoned to ask and was told they may possibly have them returned via post:arghh:

Guest Pixie10

Ours arrived with them 2 weeks yesturday and we got an email 1 week ago. Both are dated 26thJuly so you shouldnt have long to wait!

how long did they take hun we sent our last thursday got email this morning saying they are dealing with them:chatterbox:

Guest bowow2011
did you get it while you waited? we are going monday, but need daughters back as she is flying to spain next week, i phoned to ask and was told they may possibly have them returned via post:arghh:

Hi posted ours Friday got it back following Tuesday sent it special delivery xx

Hi All,

I'm now a proud owner of a 176 label in my passport. I went and got it in London this morning, apparently it's needed if you want to double your baggage allowance?

Have a nice w'end

Yoyo x

Does the extra baggage allowance apply to all air lines?

I think somewhere on here it has been said that the rules on tatoos and piercing had changed recently so you don't need to get the hep b& C test unless you have alot of them. I have one and OH has three all were clearly visable (once we were stripped to our undies!!!) but he never mentioned them - just had to have the HIV test - result and he was very gentle taking the blood :-)

Not gonna check emails - but might put a text alert on so if something does come through we can go n check ;-)

Have a good week

Est x

Am loving having something to check online again

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Just checked Visa status online and all our medicals have now been uploaded - just the blood tests outstanding - woohoo!!!

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Guest mdeejacks
I think somewhere on here it has been said that the rules on tatoos and piercing had changed recently so you don't need to get the hep b& C test unless you have alot of them. I have one and OH has three all were clearly visable (once we were stripped to our undies!!!) but he never mentioned them - just had to have the HIV test - result and he was very gentle taking the blood :-)

Not gonna check emails - but might put a text alert on so if something does come through we can go n check ;-)

Have a good week

Est x

down to your undies!!! my missus will be well chuffed with that when i tell her....not

down to your undies!!! my missus will be well chuffed with that when i tell her....not

Yes I wasn't best pleased but you got a big sheet to wrap yourself up in - just had to hold on tight when was asked to touch my toes :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Archived