176 lodged June 2011 Gang

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey Sara, U can click on their blog under their username 'thekelbos' on their post above.

Speck soon and I look forward to meetin u on Monday! (hope first day back wasn't too tough 2day) x

I'll have to go on my computer can't see it on my phone ap!

I worked from home yesterday - tut tut naughty me!

See you on Monday

X

Hey June Gang

Sorry for the lack of posting! Hope you all had a great Christmas and are looking forward to the new year! Congratulations to all the newbies!

Right we decided to start a blog on here months ago only realised to day we didn;t actually publish it :embarrassed:! So we've now published it and have put a fair bit of detail on it on things we've done in the past 5 weeks since being here. Have a read and hopefully its helpful to some of you. As and when we come across things we think may or may not be of use we'll update the blog and post on here to say we've done so!

Happy New Year, love the new look by the way! :jiggy:

Super blog!

Just realised your from Wigan.

Just up the road from where I grew up in Warrington.

Any good pie shops over there mate lol

Gary

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!

Not been on in a long while, can't wait to get 1/2 hour to read the last few months posts. We are looking at flights for may we are going to go for a month looking to stay 2 week north and 2 south of Perth to get a real feel for the place anyone got any ideas.

Going to read The Kelbos blog too! hope you are all well and that your plans are all coming together

Catch up soon

Louise xxx

Not been on in a long while, can't wait to get 1/2 hour to read the last few months posts. We are looking at flights for may we are going to go for a month looking to stay 2 week north and 2 south of Perth to get a real feel for the place anyone got any ideas.

Going to read The Kelbos blog too! hope you are all well and that your plans are all coming together

Catch up soon

Louise xxx

South of Perth, you ought to find your way to Freo. Lovely place, pricey mind! not sure of North of Perth.

Were heading to Freo in Oct!

Good luck

Catch up soon

Louise xxx

Sounds like a great idea. Do post/blog what you find for the rest of us to read especially those of us going later in year. Have a lovely holiday !

Justin x

• 2 weeks later...

Big congrats to fellow June gang member Si-T for great show today on Wanted down under.

Well 14 weeks and & 3 days and we will be on that plane to Perth! Not that I am counting!! We are just sorting out our import approval application for my Oh's car. We have 8 weeks accommodation booked in Beaconsfield near Fremantle for when we arrive. We have also now opened up an ozzy bank a/c. I Hope everyone is doing well!

Lucy X

Guest bowow2011

Hi everybody not been on this thread for a while, hello to all new members and congrats to everybody still getting their visa's, just an update from us. Oh has been in Oz since August he managed to get a job in the mines in Port Hedland he loves it but said it's very hot we've both been back and forth to see each other, I'm here finishing my nursing which is nearly done so I hope it's worth it lol, we get married in June and leave 3/7 all acc ect sorted out just need to find me a job for a few years before we settle down :-) how's everybody's plans going ? Xxxx

Hi Lesley, we are going through pio member ironchef as he has his own exporting car business. His website is http://ironladyimports.com/ which has a lot of info and you can contact him for a quote. You will find a lot of posts by him in the shipping section on this forum. It's a bit cheaper to get a RO-RO(roll on-roll off) but we are having a container as my OH has expensive amps in the boot so they would get nicked on a RO-RO. E-mail him for a quote. I will PM you some more info which I sent to another pio member who asked me. x

well thats our flights booked,holiday rental and car hire 28th june perth here we come yippeeeeeeeeeeeeee:jiggy:

hello me dears ,

its been awhile how are you doing so its all go then for u where are you staying in perth then and who did you book car hire with then , as im in process now did you book for a cpl of weeks or longer .

tyou will have yo post me with all thats been going on just going to put a :biggrin:post on now

sue xx

well back once again ,

well our furniture went on saturday we sent it earkly as were away on hols on the 6th and we are vacating our army property soon after , so its agamble we are playing really hoping the ship takes longer than estimated , probably bite us in the ass as we will end up paying out more retainer + strage facilities :frown:.

well i guess we will have to see will keep you posted , i finish work on tuesday in the gym soo thats going to be really sad been there for a few years now :cry: but its time for a new life ah .

secured a rental in osbourne park its near the glendalough area only 5km from cbd so close to all amenities so it will be good for us to get around and look at perm rentals & schools .

god its all getting so close now especially when i look aroung our qtr & there nounthing in it apart from a couple of sofas which a kind friend lent us sad i know lol.

well my friends it would be nice if you could all post and we could have a catch up :chatterbox:

love sue xx

hello me dears ,

its been awhile how are you doing so its all go then for u where are you staying in perth then and who did you book car hire with then , as im in process now did you book for a cpl of weeks or longer .

tyou will have yo post me with all thats been going on just going to put a :biggrin:post on now

sue xx

hi hun booked car hire with wangara car hire stephen is great got 4 weeks for $1008 also booked transfere to our rental from airport with them $150 going to rockingham,just in the middle of moving out of our house into a rental for four months then stopping with my mum and dad for 3 weeks as furniture will be gone and on its way roll on the 28th of june (see you on the other side) love from sara

Its lovely to hear how everyone is getting on with their moving plans. Doesnt seem like that long ago I was checking daily on the progress of everyones visa applications. That didnt seem so bad, compared to the tasks we have been completing to make the move. We are off 4 weeks on Friday. So very excited. We have been in a rented house for five months, as our house sold quickly. Think most things are sorted now for the move, removals booked for the 27th Feb. Packed a few boxes of toys and memories. Booked a hotel for the night before the flight, will be staying with family for three nights before that. Car hire, and rental all in place.

Been taking regular trips to the shops to get bits and bobs. Couple of leaving nights organised, time for Family visits in place.

Actually wish I could fast forward time, as keen now just to get there! Small matter of no actual jobs for us yet! But hey, only as small hitch!

Looking forward to hear others upates,

Donna xx

Wow Donna not long now! I am counting daily but I we have another 14 weeks to go yet!:wub: I am just trying to concentrate on revising for one last exam I have on the 14th Feb so I can complete my qualification before leaving the UK. We have a leaving party booked for 1 week before we go at the end of April. I am going be getting ozzy themed decor! Quite excited, already been looking online at blow up kangaroo's etc...:laugh:

We are now just trying to submit an application for an import approval for my oh's car but the e-mail address they provided keeps failing. Might have to give them a call tonight for when they open their time Monday morning as I want to email the application now it's all ready rather then posting it.

I still need to sort out personal stuff in the house and get rid of it! Don't really want to take too much. That can wait for now....not enough hours in the day!:twitcy:

tc, Lucy x:wubclub:

Hi Lucy,

We are also sending our car. We are sending it after the import approval comes through, but cant apply for it till 1st March, as not owned it for a year till then. We didn't see anywhere on the website about being able to e.mail the application form, as ours is sitting ready to post off on 1st March. Did they confirm its fine to e.mail it?

Donna x

Hi Chardy and everyone else,

Just though I'd come online and have a quick look at everyones progress. Don't know if you are still updating the front page but we do have a CO now. We've had the CO since December but I've been busy being pregnant and haven't had the chance to come on here and let you know. We have been given a deadline of 1st May to have our medicals and police checks done. The baby isn't due until 30th March, so can't really do anything until then, which so frustrating! I just hope I don't go overdue because it will all be a massive stress to get it all done by May with a new born baby on board aswell.

I will keep you all updated, good luck to everyone still waiting for visas and also to those lucky ones who already have them!

Jules xx

Hi Lucy,

We are also sending our car. We are sending it after the import approval comes through, but cant apply for it till 1st March, as not owned it for a year till then. We didn't see anywhere on the website about being able to e.mail the application form, as ours is sitting ready to post off on 1st March. Did they confirm its fine to e.mail it?

Donna x

On the application form there is an e-mail address by the address on the last page at the bottom. It's vimports@infrastructure.gov.au, they also use imports.vehicle@infrastructure.gov.au. They replied to me from the second one and I sent all our documents tonight to the second one. I don't think it makes a difference. I have finally managed to send it this evening after trying for nearly a week! There was a problem with them receiving too many attachments within one e-mail, when I tried to break it up before I still got failure reports. I tried sending them again tonight and they went through this time! You know if they receive it as you will get an automatic response of receipt of your e-mail. I have also been speaking to a lady there via e-mail as she was helping me with my e-mail problems, she seemed happy to receive the application by e-mail.

Lucy x

Hi Chardy and everyone else,

Just though I'd come online and have a quick look at everyones progress. Don't know if you are still updating the front page but we do have a CO now. We've had the CO since December but I've been busy being pregnant and haven't had the chance to come on here and let you know. We have been given a deadline of 1st May to have our medicals and police checks done. The baby isn't due until 30th March, so can't really do anything until then, which so frustrating! I just hope I don't go overdue because it will all be a massive stress to get it all done by May with a new born baby on board aswell.

I will keep you all updated, good luck to everyone still waiting for visas and also to those lucky ones who already have them!

Jules xx

Hey Jules, when it gets closer to the time perhaps book your medicals for 2nd half of April so at least you can get a slot and hopefully your new baby should have arrived! You could get police checks done now and have them sent to CO. I hope all goes well and I am sure if you just keep your CO updated they should be ok. Lucky we aren't elephants!

xx

On the application form there is an e-mail address by the address on the last page at the bottom. It's vimports@infrastructure.gov.au, they also use imports.vehicle@infrastructure.gov.au. They replied to me from the second one and I sent all our documents tonight to the second one. I don't think it makes a difference. I have finally managed to send it this evening after trying for nearly a week! There was a problem with them receiving too many attachments within one e-mail, when I tried to break it up before I still got failure reports. I tried sending them again tonight and they went through this time! You know if they receive it as you will get an automatic response of receipt of your e-mail. I have also been speaking to a lady there via e-mail as she was helping me with my e-mail problems, she seemed happy to receive the application by e-mail.

Lucy x

Thanks lots Lucy. Terry(hubby) has been e.mailing a lady called Wendy, who as been really helpful. There is alot of paperwork to attach, looks like a small book sitting by the computer!

Thanks lots Lucy. Terry(hubby) has been e.mailing a lady called Wendy, who as been really helpful. There is alot of paperwork to attach, looks like a small book sitting by the computer!

Yes we had loads of attachments with having to attach 17 pages of my oh's passport as well. We were having trouble with the whole points thing as most things on the list you wouldn't have until you actually arrived. We opened up an Australian bank account for it and Dan(OH) got letter from his employer. We also send confirmation of our accomdation for the 8 weeks for when we arrive, I just hope this can count as we won't be securing anything longer term until after we have arrived. We also attached visa grant letters and one way flights to show we are not planning on coming back. Hopefully all will be ok as Dan says he won't go without his bmw! Men! :wub: I told him that's fine....I'm going whatever:biggrin:

Lucy x

Archived