176 lodged June 2011 Gang

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you check progress online on DIAC rather than your emails, our visa was granted Yesterday, but only received our email early this morning.

Good Luck:biggrin:

Don't worry my TRN and Passport number run off my head without thinking already, I'll be checking DIAC every hour at least !:radar:

Guest derek1979

Hi June gang. Haven't been on in a while as have a hectic few months. Decided to put house up for sale in early June after we applied for visa and to be honest wasn't too optimistic but within an hour had 2 viewings arranged for the following day. One of them comeback 2 days later and put an offer in I had to refrain myself from biting the hand off him. We aggreed on a price and he went about sorting his mortage. Took nearly 3 months to get sorted and we got visa in the mean time. In the end it all went through in about 10 days a mad panic to get everything packed and stored. We have flights booked for 5 march and are stoping in Singapore for 3 nights ( any suggestions as what to do with a 3 & 1 year old welcome ). I can't believe how quick everything has happened and would like to thank all on PIO for keeping me sane. Best of luck to all who have visas got and hang in there for those still waiting.

Hello everybody, wow looks like most of the group have got their visa's!

Well we're now on count down, 6 weeks and 4 days and we'll be on our flight to Perth! The last couple of months have been hectic! Shipping booked, Anglo Pacific, got our flights with Qantas via Anglo Pacific. They give you a promo code to claim a migrant fare (includes 40kg baggage allowance) bit cheaper than a direct booking with the airline to.

Accommodation is sorted till the end of January 2012. We are house sitting! Means we look after people's homes and pets, rent and bill free! We have secured two short ones, 6th December-29th December and then 29th December - 30th January. Cost $50AUD to sign up, provided reference from landlord and current CRB checks plus our police certificates and that was it. Its huge over there. So we decided whilst its just us, it'll be a great way to see different areas, save any money from wages and decide whether to use the money as a deposit on a house or rent somewhere more permanent.

So how's everybody been? Anybody ready to go soon as well?

Thanks for the post. House sitting seems a great idea, it's just the two of us too. A great way to save cash and something we wouldn't of thought of. I am already looking into it!

Hi gang, just wanted to say your "leader" finally has his............

******** GOLDEN TICKET************

:biggrin::cool::jiggy::notworthy::wubclub::v_SPIN::yes::swoon:

Yeah! I logged on this morning hoping for your news!! A great way to start the week yeeee haaaa!! :biglaugh:

Guest The Newlands

CONGRATULATIONS!!!:notworthy::jiggy::biggrin:

Well done Justin, to you n yours we can now start planning June gang party in Perth!!:cool:

Guest diadeline

Congratulations !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest ppjagnaan
I know how you feel, been there, done that (the waiting part) :arghh:

But it's a bloody waiting game.. nothing to do but wait..... :SLEEP:

Hopefully it wont be long now, hang in there, not much left :wink:

Hey diadeline! I got my visa today! Whew... the co is quite weird, 3 days ago he requested me to do my medicals again...yet today he granted me my visa...lol

Guest diadeline
Hey diadeline! I got my visa today! Whew... the co is quite weird, 3 days ago he requested me to do my medicals again...yet today he granted me my visa...lol

Wooow CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As for medicals, yeah that is weird....you had already done your medicals, i guess.. so its weird to ask that again.. then give you the grant.

Anyway, it doesn't matter now since you have the grant already

Soooo happy for you :jiggy::hug:

Guest ppjagnaan
Wooow CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As for medicals, yeah that is weird....you had already done your medicals, i guess.. so its weird to ask that again.. then give you the grant.

Anyway, it doesn't matter now since you have the grant already

Soooo happy for you :jiggy::hug:

Yeah, I did my medicals last April since I'm a recipient of the March 18th email...he's really really weird...good thing I did not proceed to do another medical exam...anyway, it's water under the bridge already...i'm just happy I got the grant!

Guest mandi1971

OMG!! WELL DONE AND CONGRATS WOOHOO!!!:jiggy::notworthy::jiggy::notworthy:

Mandi x

Guest mandi1971

Congrats!!! :biggrin::spinny::jiggy:

Mandi x

Guest ppjagnaan
Congrats to you ppjagnaan, it's a good feeling isn't it !?

Thanks Chardy...it's just amazing...the long wait is over now... just looking forward to a new chapter in my life....:cute:

Well well well......................

CONGRATULATIONS

:jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy:

That's great news for our leader:notworthy: :wink:

A Halloween you won't forget!

Archived