176 lodged June 2011 Gang

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've not been on for ages as was keeping my head down to stop stressing about delays in our app due to non migrating dependants medicals.

But, I'm pleased to say we got our visa grant today!! Not sure of timescales for us to make the final move due to a family members ill health so we'll probably visit en route to NZ to activate the visa next Easter.

Good luck to everyone making the move imminently - off to check the front page to see was I right in my prediction that we'd be the last of the gang to be granted!!

I've not been on for ages as was keeping my head down to stop stressing about delays in our app due to non migrating dependants medicals.

But, I'm pleased to say we got our visa grant today!! Not sure of timescales for us to make the final move due to a family members ill health so we'll probably visit en route to NZ to activate the visa next Easter.

Good luck to everyone making the move imminently - off to check the front page to see was I right in my prediction that we'd be the last of the gang to be granted!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!:jiggy:

********YAY, Congratulations ************:wink::jiggy::hug:

Congratualtions - stress over and happy times ahead!!

hi, can I ask if you applied yourself for the wa ss as we need the extra points to apply for the visa, if so was the form easy and what sort of things do they need thanks sharon x

I think I answered your post on another thread. Some did DIY like me, it is quite simple. They ask about expected living cost and how much money you expect to bring and what areas you will hope to live in. :wink:

Justin

Can I join I'm 26th may applicant but have contributed to this thread in one way or another

Of course.............welcome aboard sir ! :biggrin:

Please join our thread on Perth Poms too as you are WA bound:wink:

Anyone setting up threads for the other states ????

hi all just a quick message to say WOW!!! its fantastic here in perth:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: i now know we have done the right thing for our family, i know i am still looking at it all with rose tinted glasses, but it is just breath taking, i have never seen a sky like it, you have to see it to believe it:wink:

hi all just a quick message to say WOW!!! its fantastic here in perth:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: i now know we have done the right thing for our family, i know i am still looking at it all with rose tinted glasses, but it is just breath taking, i have never seen a sky like it, you have to see it to believe it:wink:

Sounds great and I hope you are settling in well. Where about are you staying? You must be one of the first of June gang to arrive!?

Glad you guys arrived safely and are loving it - its is truely fantastic isn't it!!!! can wait to join you guys out there - only 3 months to go.....

Est :wubclub:

Well done on the move mate and keep the rose tinted glasses on as im sure it will only get better for you and your family.

Cant wait to get ovet after christmas.

Is there much work on the trowel out there at the moment?

Gary & Sue

Guest clarkymint

Hey all,

We have arrived in Perth on the 04/11/2011 and loving it!! Also, it seems to be harder to find decent plumbing jobs than we thought! Nevermind, only been here for two weeks =)

Just to warn you dont be shocked when you first get to a supermarket in the city.. Its a little cheaper, when you get to the suburbs and lots cheaper on the amazing markets!!

See ya all very soon in beautiful Perth!

Hey all,

We have arrived in Perth on the 04/11/2011 and loving it!! Also, it seems to be harder to find decent plumbing jobs than we thought! Nevermind, only been here for two weeks =)

Just to warn you dont be shocked when you first get to a supermarket in the city.. Its a little cheaper, when you get to the suburbs and lots cheaper on the amazing markets!!

See ya all very soon in beautiful Perth!

hi. do you have to sort out an ABN to work? as we are finding it hard to get one as our TFN has not come yet.

Guest clarkymint
hi. do you have to sort out an ABN to work? as we are finding it hard to get one as our TFN has not come yet.

Yea, most tradies ask for the ABN.. Havent sorted it yet, as just been asked yesterday about it.. Should be quite easy for us though, as we still got our TFN from years ago.. the TFN is for life!

Have you found work yet? Saw quite a few job ads for brickies on seek.com.au! Where abouts are you staying?

Yea, most tradies ask for the ABN.. Havent sorted it yet, as just been asked yesterday about it.. Should be quite easy for us though, as we still got our TFN from years ago.. the TFN is for life!

Have you found work yet? Saw quite a few job ads for brickies on seek.com.au! Where abouts are you staying?

we are in kinross at the moment, off to ocean reef for three weeks tomorrow and then have a longer term rent in butler, its a bit more north than we wanted to go but its so hard getting a rental when we have no jobs at the moment, we had to pay six months rent up frount. hopefully OH has a start tomorrow at burns beach for a week of two so that will help a bit, i do think there are plenty of jobs out there its just finding them, my daughter got herself an apprentership yesterday and starts work on monday so she is happy. i may try to find part time work till our son starts school.

Hey all!

Sorry it's been a while- we've had a 'mare of it all!

In short we had our medicals- well I had mine and the wife all bar a chest x-ray. We then waited on the arrival of our son.

He finally put in an appearance 6 days late on the 29th September. A traumatic birth and an infection followed delaying things further.

Baby's passport took an age to arrive too! But we now have it and are booked in for tomorrow to finalise the meds! Can't wait for it all to be over - then it's all in the hands of the DIAC! our CO thinks it won't take too long for the visa to be granted (not that we're counting our chickens)- and looking at some people's timelines on here it's an average of about 2 weeks following submissions of the medicals/ police checks?!?

Well that's us for now anyways- we'll keep you posted!

Cheers Ben, Verity & Abel

Hey all!

Sorry it's been a while- we've had a 'mare of it all!

In short we had our medicals- well I had mine and the wife all bar a chest x-ray. We then waited on the arrival of our son.

He finally put in an appearance 6 days late on the 29th September. A traumatic birth and an infection followed delaying things further.

Baby's passport took an age to arrive too! But we now have it and are booked in for tomorrow to finalise the meds! Can't wait for it all to be over - then it's all in the hands of the DIAC! our CO thinks it won't take too long for the visa to be granted (not that we're counting our chickens)- and looking at some people's timelines on here it's an average of about 2 weeks following submissions of the medicals/ police checks?!?

Well that's us for now anyways- we'll keep you posted!

Cheers Ben, Verity & Abel

Hey Ben! Good luck for tomorrow. Visa shouldn't take too long, my meds were finalised 2nd and our visa's were granted 8 days later. I hope the little one is doing ok and all is well after the problems at birth. :hug:

When do you plan to make the move?

Lucy:cute:

Hey Ben! Good luck for tomorrow. Visa shouldn't take too long, my meds were finalised 2nd and our visa's were granted 8 days later. I hope the little one is doing ok and all is well after the problems at birth. :hug:

When do you plan to make the move?

Lucy:cute:

All being well we want to go in May... If I had my way it'd be this side of Christmas- but there's a couple of weddings to go to in April so we anticipate bshortly after that. Hopefully that'll be possible- from a logistics point of view

What about you?

:wubclub::wideeyed:

All being well we want to go in May... If I had my way it'd be this side of Christmas- but there's a couple of weddings to go to in April so we anticipate bshortly after that. Hopefully that'll be possible- from a logistics point of view

What about you?

:wubclub::wideeyed:

Hey same here!! Plan to go first weekend in May. We haven't booked flights yet but found some and looking to book them this side of Xmas. We also have a couple of things in April with a Christening and 40th birthday party so I thought we would hang around for them as we were planning April-June time anyhow. We need to save up and sort things out here too so don't want it to be too rushed, but I would love to go tomorrow.

Which part of oz are you heading to? We are heading to Perth area. Not sure which bit yet!

Lucy

Hey same here!! Plan to go first weekend in May. We haven't booked flights yet but found some and looking to book them this side of Xmas. We also have a couple of things in April with a Christening and 40th birthday party so I thought we would hang around for them as we were planning April-June time anyhow. We need to save up and sort things out here too so don't want it to be too rushed, but I would love to go tomorrow.

Which part of oz are you heading to? We are heading to Perth area. Not sure which bit yet!

Lucy

We're looking at Perth too- well probably northern suburbs of Perth. We have friends in landsdale and have looked around the area when we were last out there. Alkimos was a new coastal suburb just being built when we were last there. Good location albeit a bit far out at the moment as there's no infrastructure in place yet- but it's up and coming!

But I guess it's all dependant on 1) us actually being granted the visa (nothing's set in stone right?) an 2) where our jobs take us to. Its very exciting times for sure!

Archived