176 lodged June 2011 Gang

Morning Everyone,

Day off today after the worst ever shift yesterday! Was so tired, had a fresh coffee and bounty to celebrate last night! Will need to have the Champers this weekend, as husband away with work today for a few nighs.

Off to research flights now, any great deals been found?

Oh it feels good doesn't it!!

Donna xx

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Morning Everyone,

Day off today after the worst ever shift yesterday! Was so tired, had a fresh coffee and bounty to celebrate last night! Will need to have the Champers this weekend, as husband away with work today for a few nighs.

Off to research flights now, any great deals been found?

Oh it feels good doesn't it!!

Donna xx

Hi Donna,

Yes it does feel great!! I've looked at emirates Glasgow to Perth via Dubai working out about 3200 for the 4 of us (3 adults and 1child) but that's not till next June:-( got to wait for my 15 year old to finish her exams first. Would really like to go at Xmas but it jumps up to 5200!!! And I'm not sure if we would get much done over the holiday period re work,school and houses? As you know we have decided to go on a go see first, it's really the only way our families are putting up with our "madness" "midlife crisis" "nonsense" whatever they cam throw at us lol xx keep us up to date with your flight search

Love LouLou xx

Hi Donna,

Yes it does feel great!! I've looked at emirates Glasgow to Perth via Dubai working out about 3200 for the 4 of us (3 adults and 1child) but that's not till next June:-( got to wait for my 15 year old to finish her exams first. Would really like to go at Xmas but it jumps up to 5200!!! And I'm not sure if we would get much done over the holiday period re work,school and houses? As you know we have decided to go on a go see first, it's really the only way our families are putting up with our "madness" "midlife crisis" "nonsense" whatever they cam throw at us lol xx keep us up to date with your flight search

Love LouLou xx

Hiya,

Well had a right jolly morning! eaten rubbish and played on the net, read, and re-read the visa grant letter over and over!

Foind flights for 1800-1960 for 2 adults and 1 child travelling in March 2012. We had planned to take our car, which we will have had a year at the end of Feb 2012, but now we are wondering if we should just go!

We have sold our house and are in rented, so not much really keeping us here. Think we will keep with the plan of March, although Terry keeps saying, how will you feel when we are waist deep in snow, unable to et out the drive again this year, like last year?!

The flights were Quantas, BA from Glasgow to Heathrow, then singapore, then Perth.

Or Singapore Airways, think thats what they are called, glasgow, heathrow, singapore, Perth.

Hope to make a decision, and book by end of the week!

Donna xx

p.s Did everyone send off for the visa for their passport, and also cant see where it says we all have to enter Australia together?!

:biggrin:

Hi Donna,

Love LouLou xx

Hiya,

Well had a right jolly morning! eaten rubbish and played on the net, read, and re-read the visa grant letter over and over!

Found flights for 1800-1960 for 2 adults and 1 child travelling in March 2012. We had planned to take our car, which we will have had a year at the end of Feb 2012, but now we are wondering if we should just go!

We have sold our house and are in rented, so not much really keeping us here. Think we will keep with the plan of March, although Terry keeps saying, how will you feel when we are waist deep in snow, unable to et out the drive again this year, like last year?!

The flights were Quantas, BA from Glasgow to Heathrow, then singapore, then Perth.

Or Singapore Airways, think thats what they are called, glasgow, heathrow, singapore, Perth.

Donna xx

p.s Did everyone send off for the visa for their passport, and also cant see where it says we all have to enter Australia together?!

Hiya,

Found flights for 1800-1960 for 2 adults and 1 child travelling in March 2012. We had planned to take our car, which we will have had a year at the end of Feb 2012, but now we are wondering if we should just go!

Donna xx

Right I might have to have a look at that route too! We have not sent passports yet as we needed them for ~Dublin a couple of weeks ago and are off to spain next week!! lol xx:jiggy:

Woooooo hooooooooooooo. Today I got the grant letter.

I shall ask anyone from India to guide me what next. How to label the visa on my passport. Please help...

woooooo hooooooooooooo. Today i got the grant letter.

i shall ask anyone from india to guide me what next. How to label the visa on my passport. Please help...

congratulations !!!!

I shall ask anyone from India to guide me what next. How to label the visa on my passport. Please help...

Massive congratulations, feels great doesnt it?!

Donna x

congrats!!!

what are your timelines? and which visa you applied?

Applied -14th June, 2011

ACK- 15th July

CO-2nd Aug

Request for Medical:15th Aug

PCC uploded:14th Sep

Medical Done:14th Sep

VISA Grant:12th Oct,2011

NO AGENT

But literally I am after AUZ visa from 2009. Had skills assessment for three times.

1st time not positive -due to incomplete or insufficient document.

2nd time: positive Group A [but could not apply visa before suspension].

3rd- re-apply for new ANZSCO and got positive response GROUP A.

it was really really a very long journey indeed.

Thank you all of you. You people are really very helpful to me.

Got it!!! Visa approved checked DIAC when we woke up, and page all different.

Can you change me on the first page please?

Thanks for everyone's support, so grateful, x x

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

hi donna,

just catching up on recent posts and SO HAPPY to see you have got it. CONGRATULATIONS. :smile:i was the same kept reading the grant letter!!

exciting times ahead!!

x

Guest mandi1971
Applied -14th June, 2011

ACK- 15th July

CO-2nd Aug

Request for Medical:15th Aug

PCC uploded:14th Sep

Medical Done:14th Sep

VISA Grant:12th Oct,2011

NO AGENT

But literally I am after AUZ visa from 2009. Had skills assessment for three times.

1st time not positive -due to incomplete or insufficient document.

2nd time: positive Group A [but could not apply visa before suspension].

3rd- re-apply for new ANZSCO and got positive response GROUP A.

it was really really a very long journey indeed.

Thank you all of you. You people are really very helpful to me.

CONGRATS!!!:jiggy::jiggy:

Hi Everyone,

Posted a thread on here earlier, but no replies as yet. Does anyone know if my husband and I can travel separately to Perth, my husband travelling first, and myself and daughter following on. I was the main applicant for the 176ss visa? Any ideas?

No restrictions mentioned on visa grant letter that I can see.

Hi Everyone,

Posted a thread on here earlier, but no replies as yet. Does anyone know if my husband and I can travel separately to Perth, my husband travelling first, and myself and daughter following on. I was the main applicant for the 176ss visa? Any ideas?

Not sure either, some say you all have to go others say the applicant can go alone but the others need to follow by the validation date ????:wacko:

Not sure either, some say you all have to go others say the applicant can go alone but the others need to follow by the validation date ????:wacko:

We were just playing with different ideas. Obviously, this is not my first choice, but wondered if it is even possible.

Might e.mail DIAC tonight to check it out, can't seem to find the info on their website.

Donna x

Hi Everyone,

The main applicant ought to be there first. Secondary applicant may follow on later date but must reach in AUS within the specified initial entry date.

Another alternative may be like... your hubby reaches first but to arrange everything, later you (the main applicant) reach with your daughter and fulfill the initial entry requirements together. I guess your hubby is not allowed to report alone to record initial entry. But in this scenario you wont have much time in between.

The main applicant ought to be there first. Secondary applicant may follow on later date but must reach in AUS within the specified initial entry date.

Another alternative may be like... your hubby reaches first but to arrange everything, later you (the main applicant) reach with your daughter and fulfill the initial entry requirements together. I guess your hubby is not allowed to report alone to record initial entry. But in this scenario you wont have much time in between.

Hiya,

I really can't find anything to say the secondary applicant can't travel first. We are probably gonna travel together. It feels the right thing to do, all travel together.

Donna x

Hi the main applicant must be with you when you travel if your visa is not yet validated. This is to keep in line with your visa which has only been issued on the main applicants skills. Everyone else is along for the ride so to speak. So as long as the main applicant is either with you or validates first then everyone else can follow. You are then all free to come and go as you want for the period of your visa which on a 176 is five years.

You must however validate by the date on your visa grant. If you get stamps put in your passport it I'd stamped on there as well.

Hi guys - not been on here for a few week - congrats on the latest visa grants!!

I am looking at flights & shipping.

Any advice from anyone on whose the best to go with?

Is it just Singapoor Airlines that do the extra baggage for 176 Visa's.

Guest thekelbos

Hello everybody, wow looks like most of the group have got their visa's!

Well we're now on count down, 6 weeks and 4 days and we'll be on our flight to Perth! The last couple of months have been hectic! Shipping booked, Anglo Pacific, got our flights with Qantas via Anglo Pacific. They give you a promo code to claim a migrant fare (includes 40kg baggage allowance) bit cheaper than a direct booking with the airline to.

Accommodation is sorted till the end of January 2012. We are house sitting! Means we look after people's homes and pets, rent and bill free! We have secured two short ones, 6th December-29th December and then 29th December - 30th January. Cost $50AUD to sign up, provided reference from landlord and current CRB checks plus our police certificates and that was it. Its huge over there. So we decided whilst its just us, it'll be a great way to see different areas, save any money from wages and decide whether to use the money as a deposit on a house or rent somewhere more permanent.

So how's everybody been? Anybody ready to go soon as well?

Guest thekelbos

Hi Sarab,

Anglo Pacific we're great seemed to be the cheapest but really helpful to. We're just taking sentimental stuff so only 10 tea chest size boxes cost £590 they come and wrap, pack and take it away for you. Then delivered to your door in Oz. It takes about 8-10 weeks to arrive. So you can have it collected earlier and then it arrives as you do or later if your travelling about at first.

Also via them you can access Migrant Fares from Qantas, for us it was £677 each with 40kg baggage allowance each. As well if you have opened a bank account with the Commonwealth Bank of Australia they can also give you access to the Migrant Fares at Qantas.

Hiya,

Sounds like everyones' plans wre moving forward, just need our leader to announce the visa grant now!!

Booked our flights today flying from Edinburgh on 7th January, 12 weeks tomorrow!

Cannot believe its all happening! not that I am any expert on this computer stuff, but maybe we should make a new list of flying dates? only an idea? any thoughts?

Donna x

Archived