176 lodged June 2011 Gang

Hey guys.

Our first post in this thread is a post of succes!

9/12/10 Contract signed with Australianeedsyou.com Pty Ltd,

17/2/11 IELTS me passed (avg 7.0),

16/4/11 IELTS husband passed (avg 7.0),

10/5/11 Assessment FA

17/6/11 NT SS,

27/6/11 176 Lodged,

05/09/11 CO

27/09/11 Medicals

19/10/11 Medicals received

21/10/11 Medicals finalised

25/10/11 VISA GRANTED!!!

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

****Congratulations****:wink:

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey all, well not really been on here for just over 2 weeks as I have been away in the States.:cool: I was really hoping Justin you would have your visa by the time I got back!! We haven't booked flights yet, we want to book by Xmas, we don't plan to go till May time. Although every day at work I text my OH and say shall we go sooner..? lol. I'm sure time will fly by anyhow. I can not wait to start my new life. I Met some ozzies in the states and it has got me nothing but even more excited.:biggrin:

Guest claire and clive

still not sure how to use PIO properly but just thought Id add to this list. we lodged our 176 on 14th June and had our visa granted on 14th October.........

........not sure where to go in queensland tho!! all this waiting and planning and talking and now it has come to it, stumped! need to search for jobs so maybe that will put it to fate....any thoughts on places close to brisbane????

2 children, need big garden, used to country living but not too far from coast x

claire

Hey all, well not really been on here for just over 2 weeks as I have been away in the States.:cool: I was really hoping Justin you would have your visa by the time I got back!! We haven't booked flights yet, we want to book by Xmas, we don't plan to go till May time. Although every day at work I text my OH and say shall we go sooner..? lol. I'm sure time will fly by anyhow. I can not wait to start my new life. I Met some ozzies in the states and it has got me nothing but even more excited.:biggrin:

Welcome back, hope you had a great time over the pond :wink:

Yeah I was hoping too but fingers crossed my boys new pasport is en route so I can upload it before the end of the week and let my CO know it's there, pushing her into action and tick another case off !:err:

May will soon come round for you, at least you can do more research to be really ready to start your new life in Oz :jiggy:

Justin x:cool:

still not sure how to use PIO properly but just thought Id add to this list. we lodged our 176 on 14th June and had our visa granted on 14th October.........

........not sure where to go in queensland tho!! all this waiting and planning and talking and now it has come to it, stumped! need to search for jobs so maybe that will put it to fate....any thoughts on places close to brisbane????

2 children, need big garden, used to country living but not too far from coast x

claire

We also lodged in June and still waiting! dont know why the wait as we have done everything requested! Is frustrating and causing sleepless nights wondering if visa will be granted!

Gary & Sue

Welcome to the gang......better late than never :laugh:

Feel free to ask questions or ask for lifting of spirits etc, we're a friendly lot honest ! :wink:

Justin:cool:

Guest claire and clive

Hi Gary and Sue!! my post worked!! tee hee

Did you use an agent??? we did and he was soooo reassuring. In fact he had absolutely no doubts at all that we would get it and we were thinking the same a couple of weeks ago and thinking o god what if we dont....how embarrassing since we've told everyone we're going and now we're not! we sold our farm and are living in a caravan on a building site while we build a new house (either to rent or sell once we're gone) and its not much fun, so the thought that it may be in vain was even more stressfull!

Hang in there and you WILL get it any day. what was the last communication????

Claire

Guest claire and clive

Thanks Justin!!

Feel free to ask questions or ask for lifting of spirits etc, we're a friendly lot honest ! :wink:

Guest claire and clive

Justin, are you clicking quote post when u put ur messages on??? sorry, new bird!

Hi Gary and Sue!! my post worked!! tee hee

Did you use an agent??? we did and he was soooo reassuring. In fact he had absolutely no doubts at all that we would get it and we were thinking the same a couple of weeks ago and thinking o god what if we dont....how embarrassing since we've told everyone we're going and now we're not! we sold our farm and are living in a caravan on a building site while we build a new house (either to rent or sell once we're gone) and its not much fun, so the thought that it may be in vain was even more stressfull!

Hang in there and you WILL get it any day. what was the last communication????

Claire

We did not use an agent but have sailed through the process, there was a delay in them receiving my pcc but they have that now which was 18/10/11.

Sue is mad with worry with those thoughts and we are have paid for another trip to perth in feb to find house etc, Im sure you can imagine what she is going through as you sound like you had similar ones!

It may sound mad but i find im ewaking up at 4am/5am somethimes earlier and checking emails on the phone!

This is our life long dream, we love Australia and just want to be gone from the UK.

Hope the house build is going well!

Gary & Sue

Guest claire and clive

did the same with phones and emails. i phone used to bleep in the night and it was always junk mail!! then one afternoon we looked at email looking for something else and there it was having come in 7 hours before!! You're probably very sensible going again to house search, in fact way more sensible than us, as we are the stupid ones that have not ever been......but we see it as an adventure and if it doesnt work out, then we'll be richer from the experience of it. maybe thats why I'm reaallllllly worried about wot we're doing. how many people can say theyve done a mad adventure!!

We did not use an agent but have sailed through the process, there was a delay in them receiving my pcc but they have that now which was 18/10/11.

Sue is mad with worry with those thoughts and we are have paid for another trip to perth in feb to find house etc, Im sure you can imagine what she is going through as you sound like you had similar ones!

It may sound mad but i find im ewaking up at 4am/5am somethimes earlier and checking emails on the phone!

This is our life long dream, we love Australia and just want to be gone from the UK.

Hope the house build is going well!

Gary & Sue

Justin, are you clicking quote post when u put ur messages on??? sorry, new bird!

Hi Claire, you'll get the hang of it soon enough !:wink:

Click "Quote post" if replying to a previous post specifically.

If you are just adding a new post scroll to the bottom of the screen and use "Quick reply" :biggrin:

BTW We are past self builders too, built our house in 2007 so know exactly what you guys are going through................................although we weren't planning to move to another country at the time ! :laugh:

We are also moving without visiting beforehand, all or nothing for us - the best adventure !

Guest claire and clive

thanks for the user tips! one last question on that front.....I have tried to add profile picture but it doesnt appear to be coming up or is that cos I cant see it myself? can u see one?

I'm glad to hear there are some other 'all or nothing people' out there!!.did u guys have to slum it too when u were building? Kids think we're camping!! we were going to do a 'wrecky' trip to confirm our long standing thoughts and dreams but for 10 grand for a few weeks holiday, I dont think you can get a real feel for living and working somewhere, hence 'lets go on a long extended holiday and suck it and see'

where u guys hoping to go, Perth?

Hi Claire, you'll get the hang of it soon enough !:wink:

Click "Quote post" if replying to a previous post specifically.

If you are just adding a new post scroll to the bottom of the screen and use "Quick reply" :biggrin:

BTW We are past self builders too, built our house in 2007 so know exactly what you guys are going through................................although we weren't planning to move to another country at the time ! :laugh:

We are also moving without visiting beforehand, all or nothing for us - the best adventure !

thanks for the user tips! one last question on that front.....I have tried to add profile picture but it doesnt appear to be coming up or is that cos I cant see it myself? can u see one?

I'm glad to hear there are some other 'all or nothing people' out there!!.did u guys have to slum it too when u were building? Kids think we're camping!! we were going to do a 'wrecky' trip to confirm our long standing thoughts and dreams but for 10 grand for a few weeks holiday, I dont think you can get a real feel for living and working somewhere, hence 'lets go on a long extended holiday and suck it and see'

where u guys hoping to go, Perth?

Ah, you need to set an "Avatar" not a "profile pic" but take heed of the max size of 150x150 pixels. You will see it on your past posts once set.

We were lucky enough to rent the 2 bed house next to the plot while we built (on it's side garden) but it was a horrible damp little house.

Reccie trips are great if you have the dosh but we have plenty of friends that have made the move over the years and would never come back plus I have a cousin in Perth who will really help us get settled there.

Suck it and see it is !:wink:

FINALLY we have my sons' new passport, going to get it scanned and uploaded shortly and an email fired off to my CO ready for Monday morning so she can jump on our case and push it through ! :yes:

Fantastic, thought this was you posting to say you had it, so roll on Monday!

Donna x

FINALLY we have my sons' new passport, going to get it scanned and uploaded shortly and an email fired off to my CO ready for Monday morning so she can jump on our case and push it through ! :yes:

Thats great news Justin, hopefully your next post will be to say you have your visa. :yes:

Hi

When we were waiting for our police checks (as the last piece of the puzzle) we uploaded them and emailed a copy to the case officer - we got our decision in an hour. Might be worth a try for you?

Sara

Hi

When we were waiting for our police checks (as the last piece of the puzzle) we uploaded them and emailed a copy to the case officer - we got our decision in an hour. Might be worth a try for you?

Sara

I'd love that to happen except it's nearly Saturday out there now :no:

Well it's been with DIAC for a couple of hours...........................could be the longest wait ever !:wacko:

OMG!!!! So exciting!!! I'll be checking my phone all nite lol!!

Off out to a psychic night later I'll let you know if she mentions you!!!

Fingers Toes everything crossed for you :wubclub:

Archived