176 lodged June 2011 Gang

We only have one CO throughout the process and her name is on the grant letter :-)

Finally completed on house sale on Friday and we've booked a 3 week holiday let in Safety Bay with the possibility of a longer term one in the pipeline.

Been researching internet and phone deals and think we have this sorted too - got the sims coming in the post :-)

Not been on much lately but still looking forward to meeting up with the June gang in Oz

Still waiting to see the news on Lucy & Justin's grant letters too - I still check every day!!!

5 months and counting down the days ....

Est

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We only have one CO throughout the process and her name is on the grant letter :-)

Finally completed on house sale on Friday and we've booked a 3 week holiday let in Safety Bay with the possibility of a longer term one in the pipeline.

Been researching internet and phone deals and think we have this sorted too - got the sims coming in the post :-)

Not been on much lately but still looking forward to meeting up with the June gang in Oz

Still waiting to see the news on Lucy & Justin's grant letters too - I still check every day!!!

Est

Thanks Est. Yes still waiting here, but did you read my post above about them holding off the grant for people who have had medicals recently to send them in an Xmas card. Not sure if it's true but I e-mailed my agent today to ask them to email CO for a nudge.

So glad your house is complete!! Well done on house let also, gives you peace of mind for when you arrive. Have you been to Safety Bay before?

Lucy x

Est

Safety bay is lovely were moving to port Kennedy in march if not sooner if we get our visa by then x

Lucy - It could be true I haven't see any granted whoop whoops lately - fingers crossed and roll on Christmas!!!!

We have visited Safety Bay, we walked there from Rockingham when we stayed there over Christmas last year. It sounds lovely and just up our street - the only thing is that its about 40 minutes from where OH could be working so perhaps it will only be for a short time ;-)

Est x

Just started looking at Safety Bay for rentals, they seem good prices. Do you know how far is it from Perth, via car & public transport? Do you know if you can get rentals online for like 6 month lease's, rather then going into a holiday let. I have just been looking on realestate.com.au website.

Just started looking at Safety Bay for rentals, they seem good prices. Do you know how far is it from Perth, via car & public transport? Do you know if you can get rentals online for like 6 month lease's, rather then going into a holiday let. I have just been looking on realestate.com.au website.

30 mins to Perth, public transport is second to none, if you go on transperth website it gives you an idea of times etc. It is defiantly a lovely place I lived in warnbro/port Kennedy for 6 months.

Lucy - It could be true I haven't see any granted whoop whoops lately - fingers crossed and roll on Christmas!!!!

We have visited Safety Bay, we walked there from Rockingham when we stayed there over Christmas last year. It sounds lovely and just up our street - the only thing is that its about 40 minutes from where OH could be working so perhaps it will only be for a short time ;-)

Est x

Ours will be a Xmas card special as we are at the mercy of the UK pasport office to get my 6 year olds new passport back ASAP !:arghh:

Hi all,

Im new here .I have a quick question.

I have applied under 176 category.

My problem :-

All docs sent as per CO requested.

Status shows on 8th June :- Health requirements finalised and file processed further.

But now on 30 August :-"Health requirements pending"

I discussed with my Consultant ,and I am told to wait as he has sent an Email to CO.

He says that at Sydney meds are in que so it's taking a while to reach CO.But Im not satisfied as why it would take 5 months (I did meds in April 2011) just to see PENDING status.

Can anyone pls guide me . Can I call somewhere to get updation.

My application filed from India,but I am in Canada on my PR status.

Thanks

Guest mandi1971

We are also renting in Safety Bay woop so im pleased to here some good reports on it, We couldnt get a pool for the kids but are close to the beach atleast.

Im gonna have a long drive for Sarah's (Newland) BBQ's though as they are an hours drive up north :eek:

Well worth it tho, im looking forward to some big PIO meet ups

Mandi :wub:

Hi All,

I have just started to research into visa options for moving to oz, and have a query in relation to the 176 visa in Victory, is it possible if I don't have a job on the state sponsered list to go as a second applicant on my partners visa, how long would this process take or would be be advisable to apply to WA where we both have jobs on the list. I would rather go to Victory but if WA is a safer bet for getting approved i would consider this. Does any one know if they are currently accepting state sponsered applications for Victory and WA and how long the wait is?

Is a visa 176 much quicker than 175?

Hi All,

I have just started to research into visa options for moving to oz, and have a query in relation to the 176 visa in Victory, is it possible if I don't have a job on the state sponsered list to go as a second applicant on my partners visa, how long would this process take or would be be advisable to apply to WA where we both have jobs on the list. I would rather go to Victory but if WA is a safer bet for getting approved i would consider this. Does any one know if they are currently accepting state sponsered applications for Victory and WA and how long the wait is?

Is a visa 176 much quicker than 175?

Love the way you call it Victory, very cool !:cool:

State sponsorship is available in Victoria and WA depending if you or your partners job is on their list. WA tend to be quicker (less than 2 weeks) to get the sponsorship but remember you or your partner need to get your skills assessed first and do an IELTS test before you get to that stage. 176s are generally quicker than 175.

It makes no odds who applies, you could both get your skills assessed (and get an extra 5 points on the visa points test) and then decide who will be the main applicant depending on the current available occupations in that state at that time (they get updated monthly).

Justin:wink:

WELL EVERYONE.....WE GOT IT!!!!!! OUR VISA'S ARE APPROVED...AS OF 27TH SEPTEMBER 2011 WE HAVE THOSE GOLDEN TICKETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy:

I am so happy....we only just found out as I have been out this evening so not long checked my emails and status. I am so happy. I have wanted this since being a kid at school, I don't think it has sunk in......I am very happy but don't feel like it's real.

OMG OMG OMG....WE GOT IT....VISA'S ARE OUR'S......LUCYSDREAM....MORE LIKE LUCY'S REALITY!!!!

Thanks all for your support and help.....love you all June gang....Lucy xxxxx

WELL EVERYONE.....WE GOT IT!!!!!! OUR VISA'S ARE APPROVED...AS OF 27TH SEPTEMBER 2011 WE HAVE THOSE GOLDEN TICKETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy:

I am so happy....we only just found out as I have been out this evening so not long checked my emails and status. I am so happy. I have wanted this since being a kid at school, I don't think it has sunk in......I am very happy but don't feel like it's real.

OMG OMG OMG....WE GOT IT....VISA'S ARE OUR'S......LUCYSDREAM....MORE LIKE LUCY'S REALITY!!!!

Visa granted.... I can't believe it. Finally our golden ticket. Yes yes yes.

Finally !!! Congratulations Kay& Rob and Lucy on getting your visas this morning

:hug:

Est

***CONGRATULATIONS**** to you too !!

hi all congratulations to all that have gained there visa.

We hve had to put ours on hold as the day before due to take medicals i discovered im pregnant, this make a big differnce to the visa as if we got the visa before had the baby we would then hve to apply for a seperate child visa after our child is born and this can be expensive. So the option we went for was to wait untill baby born then just add the baby on to the forms this doesnt cost anything.

Bit disappoint that we hve had to put things back a few months but at least we get a cute little bundle in a few months time lol.

So congrats to all hope the future goes well for you, i will keep u posted when we do eventuallly get our visa fingers crossed. We will proberbly be the last ones in the june gang now lol :biggrin:

Guest diadeline
hi all congratulations to all that have gained there visa.

We hve had to put ours on hold as the day before due to take medicals i discovered im pregnant, this make a big differnce to the visa as if we got the visa before had the baby we would then hve to apply for a seperate child visa after our child is born and this can be expensive. So the option we went for was to wait untill baby born then just add the baby on to the forms this doesnt cost anything.

Bit disappoint that we hve had to put things back a few months but at least we get a cute little bundle in a few months time lol.

So congrats to all hope the future goes well for you, i will keep u posted when we do eventuallly get our visa fingers crossed. We will proberbly be the last ones in the june gang now lol :biggrin:

Congrats on the baby :hug:

No worries, Australia will still be there when u will get ur visa :wink:

Hope u have an easy pregnancy and a healthy baby :wubclub:

Not been on here for a little while - congrats to all the latest visa grants - not many left on the list now which is great.

We are working towards Feb/March next year to move to Perth - which does seem ages off, but I'm sure it will be here really soon!!

Guest mandi1971
WELL EVERYONE.....WE GOT IT!!!!!! OUR VISA'S ARE APPROVED...AS OF 27TH SEPTEMBER 2011 WE HAVE THOSE GOLDEN TICKETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy:

Visa granted.... I can't believe it. Finally our golden ticket. Yes yes yes.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! :jiggy::wacko::wub:

Mandi xx

Guest Robgarner

Congratulations!!! to all who've just got their Visa..

I've just received the passports back with a shiny new visa label in all 3...

3 days since I posted them off... I hope this is the efficiency we can expect when we migrate!!!

It just gets better... Oh, and well done Royal mail....

Rob

Link added for info...

http://www.uk.embassy.gov.au/lhlh/visaevid.html

Archived