176 lodged June 2011 Gang

Hiya,

Sounds like everyones' plans wre moving forward, just need our leader to announce the visa grant now!!

Booked our flights today flying from Edinburgh on 7th January, 12 weeks tomorrow!

Cannot believe its all happening! not that I am any expert on this computer stuff, but maybe we should make a new list of flying dates? only an idea? any thoughts?

Donna x

I agree, come on IPA where is this damn passport !??:arghh:

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hello everybody, wow looks like most of the group have got their visa's!

Well we're now on count down, 6 weeks and 4 days and we'll be on our flight to Perth! The last couple of months have been hectic! Shipping booked, Anglo Pacific, got our flights with Qantas via Anglo Pacific. They give you a promo code to claim a migrant fare (includes 40kg baggage allowance) bit cheaper than a direct booking with the airline to.

Accommodation is sorted till the end of January 2012. We are house sitting! Means we look after people's homes and pets, rent and bill free! We have secured two short ones, 6th December-29th December and then 29th December - 30th January. Cost $50AUD to sign up, provided reference from landlord and current CRB checks plus our police certificates and that was it. Its huge over there. So we decided whilst its just us, it'll be a great way to see different areas, save any money from wages and decide whether to use the money as a deposit on a house or rent somewhere more permanent.

So how's everybody been? Anybody ready to go soon as well?

hello,

your plans sounds fab.

we were looking at housing sitting also. just wondering what website u used?

looking forward to hearing ur updates.

:smile:

Hi all, not been on here for a while as everything is moving so fast for us, looks like a fair few of us have got the golden ticket now, good luck for the ones still waiting. We move out of out house on Friday, we have used the moving partnership for our shipping and they have so far been brilliant as it was all a bit last minuet, we also got a very good deal from them. We are flying out on the 10th of November so really looking forward to getting a bit settled before Christmas:jiggy:

Hi all, not been on here for a while as everything is moving so fast for us, looks like a fair few of us have got the golden ticket now, good luck for the ones still waiting. We move out of out house on Friday, we have used the moving partnership for our shipping and they have so far been brilliant as it was all a bit last minuet, we also got a very good deal from them. We are flying out on the 10th of November so really looking forward to getting a bit settled before Christmas:jiggy:

Good to hear you guys are getting close to "the move" ! :wink:

I made my 1000th post the other day, if I'd noticed it was coming up I would have held back to make it my golden ticket post.........ah well !:err:

Contacted the UK passport peeps and they can't find a record of my sons' application with the info given to them via the direct.gov.uk website :arghh:, hopefully the extra info I have now will help them find it and get it done ASAP after all the cheque was cashed !:wacko:

Justin

Guest thekelbos
hello,

your plans sounds fab.

we were looking at housing sitting also. just wondering what website u used?

looking forward to hearing ur updates.

:smile:

Thanks, we used housecarers.com and the first one we applied for was successful. the couple actually contacted us over the weekend to say another sitter they had in the past another sitter they once used said he used a site called allpethousesitters.net.au whici is Perth based and he's done it for years! The first site was $50 to register you need to write a profile and upload references and Police Checks, the second site is $450 bond per couple. Only emailed them tonight so not sure if that's paid before or once you get a sit organised.

Just makes sense to us, no rent or bills, our wages will be our's so can save a bit more for a deposit on a house and it gives us the opportunity to explore all different areas of Perth :yes:

Guest thekelbos

now will help them find it and get it done ASAP after all the cheque was cashed !:wacko:

Justin

We had the same thing last week. OH realised his passport expires in Feb 2012, yeah I know all the times we looked at over the past few months and not once did either of us realise! Anyway he sent it off and the debited our account, then sent the application form as a minute dot of his signature was out of the area, so we special delivered it right back, then his old passport arrived last Thursday and on Friday night about 8pm something landed on our floor and we thought it was the local free paper with all its bumf in it so ignored it. Only when I went to lock up about midnight I noticed a little white envelop, his passport!

So we posted both off today to get our labels in for no other reason but to look at the actual visa! Its taken blood sweat and tears to get so we decided not to wait till we land on 30th November!

OOh quick question, Si who was on WDU has his been on? Kept missing it then only getting the NZ ones!

Guest ppjagnaan
I'm guessing it's someone from the dep. that answered the enquiry....

I sent an enquiry to ask about my app status and in the title of the response was "LOV, HONG SANG" followed by "re: GSM post logement enquiry XXXXXX" :confused:

hi...there's also a name hong sang lov in my PLE..is he a case officer? why were you denied the grant? i'm still waiting for initial contact from my case officer.

Guest diadeline
hi...there's also a name hong sang lov in my PLE..is he a case officer? why were you denied the grant? i'm still waiting for initial contact from my case officer.

Hi there,

Well, yes he was my case officer :arghh:

He rejected my application on the grounds of not meeting the work experience criteria ( had a reference letter that led him into error by emphasizing on different aspects of my duties....)

What can I say... i know another applicant who has the same CO and.... keep delaying the decision...

How long since he has been allocated to your application and whats your occupation?

All I can say is: I wish the best of luck to you, hopefully you will have the positive decision :wink:

Please keep me posted about your situation, now I'm curious about this interesting CO

Guest ppjagnaan

I raised PLE, and as per DIAC's reply last October 6, I was allocated a CO and on the subject line, there's the name Hong Sang Lov...I'm an external auditor and I filed my 175 application on December 15, 2010...as per DIAC's timeline, I should have been contacted by my CO already.

Guest diadeline
I raised PLE, and as per DIAC's reply last October 6, I was allocated a CO and on the subject line, there's the name Hong Sang Lov...I'm an external auditor and I filed my 175 application on December 15, 2010...as per DIAC's timeline, I should have been contacted by my CO already.

He will contact you if he needs any more extra docs

Will keep my fingers crossed for you :wink:

Guest ppjagnaan
He will contact you if he needs any more extra docs

Will keep my fingers crossed for you :wink:

Thank you...how about he one you know with the same CO?....how long has he/she been assigned a CO? what's the profession?...so maybe this guy is in-charge of applicants who are accountants/auditors.

Guest diadeline
Thank you...how about he one you know with the same CO?....how long has he/she been assigned a CO? what's the profession?...so maybe this guy is in-charge of applicants who are accountants/auditors.

Not necessarily, coz this guy is an architect, so.....

And he lodged his 175 last year sometimes... and as far as I know he has been allocated to this CO on june ....

Guest ppjagnaan
Not necessarily, coz this guy is an architect, so.....

And he lodged his 175 last year sometimes... and as far as I know he has been allocated to this CO on june ....

oh my, did he try making a follow-up? i'm thinking, there might be a chance that this co may have overlooked applications.

Guest diadeline
oh my, did he try making a follow-up? i'm thinking, there might be a chance that this co may have overlooked applications.

Yeah I know... "oohh my..." :confused: and yes he did try giving a nudge every now and then.....

From my personal experience with this CO, I can say he never returned any of my mails along time.. :dull:

Guest ppjagnaan
Yeah I know... "oohh my..." :confused: and yes he did try giving a nudge every now and then.....

From my personal experience with this CO, I can say he never returned any of my mails along time.. :dull:

I'm thinking of calling DIAC, but my worry is that this CO may further delay my application...he might find it enjoyable to prolong other people's agony :wacko:

Guest diadeline
I'm thinking of calling DIAC, but my worry is that this CO may further delay my application...he might find it enjoyable to prolong other people's agony :wacko:

Yes I think he does :realmad:

I don't know if calling DIAC will help you find more infos as it's up to the CO to decide when to finalize an application. I just hope it won't be the case with you and you won't have to wait this long for the final positive decision :yes:

Guest ppjagnaan
Yes I think he does :realmad:

I don't know if calling DIAC will help you find more infos as it's up to the CO to decide when to finalize an application. I just hope it won't be the case with you and you won't have to wait this long for the final positive decision :yes:

yeah...might as well just wait and wait and wait...i'll keep you posted...thanks...

Guest diadeline
yeah...might as well just wait and wait and wait...i'll keep you posted...thanks...

I know how you feel, been there, done that (the waiting part) :arghh:

But it's a bloody waiting game.. nothing to do but wait..... :SLEEP:

Hopefully it wont be long now, hang in there, not much left :wink:

Then we can start the new thread about moving timelines! I have had a panic this morning that there are no houses to rent on Perth NOR!! Read a thread earlier, and now feel the whole of the world and I will be looking for a house at the same time!!! Had felt really productive, as bought migrant travel insurance, cancelled direct debits that we no longer have since selling our house. Also wrote to the gym membership informing them I am leaving on plenty time, to save the fee I pay for NOT going every month!!!

The house rental is really playing on my mind though,

Donna x

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

Been a bit quiet on here but I guess there's not many of us left waiting now................I'm still waiting for my sons' new passport. Can't believe how long it's taking !:mad:

Hope it comes soon they do seem to be dragging their heels!!!:arghh:

It's all come to a standstill here! Can you believe after all we've been through to get the bloody visa we've got cold feet!!! It's just typical life has turned around business wise for both me and my husband!! So we've had a nice long chat and we are going to book flights in Jan when BA have their sale ( we have 150'00 air miles to use too) for next June after Kirsty has finished her exams go for a month and take it from there. So no selling of house or anything at the moment so I feel a bit in limbo. Love catching up with what everyone else is up to on here so a huge THANKYOU to you for setting this up it's been a life saver xxxxx

Then we can start the new thread about moving timelines! I have had a panic this morning that there are no houses to rent on Perth NOR!! Read a thread earlier, and now feel the whole of the world and I will be looking for a house at the same time!!! Had felt really productive, as bought migrant travel insurance, cancelled direct debits that we no longer have since selling our house. Also wrote to the gym membership informing them I am leaving on plenty time, to save the fee I pay for NOT going every month!!!

The house rental is really playing on my mind though,

Donna x

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

Hope you get something soon honey :wubclub:

Hey guys.

Our first post in this thread is a post of succes!

9/12/10 Contract signed with Australianeedsyou.com Pty Ltd,

17/2/11 IELTS me passed (avg 7.0),

16/4/11 IELTS husband passed (avg 7.0),

10/5/11 Assessment FA

17/6/11 NT SS,

27/6/11 176 Lodged,

05/09/11 CO

27/09/11 Medicals

19/10/11 Medicals received

21/10/11 Medicals finalised

25/10/11 VISA GRANTED!!!

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: