176 lodged June 2011 Gang

Hey Jules, when it gets closer to the time perhaps book your medicals for 2nd half of April so at least you can get a slot and hopefully your new baby should have arrived! You could get police checks done now and have them sent to CO. I hope all goes well and I am sure if you just keep your CO updated they should be ok. Lucky we aren't elephants!

xx

Hi Lucy, Yes lucky we aren't elephants, its hard enough remembering everything anyway but having baby brain aswell, it's a nightmare! I've called and spoken to the clinic we are going to use already and they have said to call back early March to get booked in for April, so hopefully should be ok. I start maternity leave at the end of Feb so I should be a little calmer in March and have more time to deal with stuff....unless the baby arrives early!

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

hi june gang, sorry its been so long, but life has been busy and our feet have hardly hit the ground, when i get the chance i will spend some time to go back and read all the posts i have missed. i hope everyone is well and i look forward to meeting up with as many of you as possable when you have made it over and have settled.

HI Sam & Craig ,

Great to hear from you guys and your settling in all ok . Looking at your post your living in Butler we thought of that area but if dean works in the city , not sure where he will get ajob it seems it would be areal hellish drive is this right ..

Would love to hear from you or please pm me ..

well take care

susan xxx

Well hello there guys ,

just bk from our hols in Egypt and what a well needed rest it was feel chilled but now its all go go now as we only have 5 weeks left in our qtr . So it will be a little manic now cleaning house to hand over and then driving around the country saying our goodbyes before we fly in April :wink:.

I hope all is well with you all and some will be leaving soon so good luck to you all and i hope we can catch up soon .

take care

susan xx :wubclub:

We fly two weeks on Saturday the preparation has been manic & I can't wait to get to Perth for a rest!!!

Hi Sarah yes i quite understand that lol how are you feeling nervous or really excited , both im sure have you sorted out jobs yet !!!

susan xx

We will both be officially jobless after next Wednesday for the first time in our lives. We have been looking in Perth but the general response is "get in touch when you arrive". A few weeks off to relax, explore & enjoy Perth is our plan. We have house-sits organised until July (a few gaps inbetween where we need to pay to stay somewhere) takes the pressure off though. I'm definitely excited just dreading saying goodbye to friends & family.

Hi all, well it will be ten weeks on Saturday until we go on our one way flights. We are just waiting for our import approval for my OH's car so we can start the shipping process. Not sure what personal belongings we will take but I still need to sort through the house. As little as possible really. I sent our passports off Monday for the visa labels to be put in as I thought was a good idea, I got a post office card today as we were at work so that should be them ready to collect tomorrow. Leaving party is all booked for 1 week before we go. I too have never been unemployed and for years now I have worked full time and part time behind the bar, as well as going to college part time. I am looking forward to unemployment in truth...who would have thought :laugh:

Well we've been here 3 months on Tuesday next week. We love it best thing we ever did. Be prepared to wait up to six weeks for work. They do drag stuff like this out over here! Good luck on all of you starting out on your voyage. Any questions feel free to message me I will try to answer them.

hi gang just wanting to know who you chose for your shipping and what a rough cost is starting to look now as we fly on the 28th of june and need to send it middle of may ish

Hiya we are flying out on the 1st of June, had a look at crown, ace, ras etc for removals - found some of them v expensive! Are going with ACE came in at 3300 for 700 cb ft full pack and unpack only extra is $400 for customs on the other side (in Perth) Crown came in well over that amount as did the others. Have heard good reports about ace on here the odd one saying they were a bit late but everything arrived in same condition it was packed in, which in my opinion is the main thing!

8th house viewing today by a proceedable buyer, 2 postive from the weekend at last except both were still unsold on theirs !

The clock is ticking and we just want to get sold so we can make plans..................aaaaarrrrgh !

im glad our house sold within 2 weeks only had one viewing otherwise i would be ripping my hair out now good luck justin hope you get a offer soon

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, just wanted to let you know my first impressions of Perth and how we are getting on. We arrived last Saturday, and we're picked up by the car hire company. They had a really large Mercedes car thing, with tons of space for luggage. Our hire car was in the garage of the short term rented house. My first impressions, was that the suburbs north of river in Perth were a lot larger than I had imagined. Over the first few days we met up with friends and drove around getting our bearings. On Tuesday we registered at Medicare, and husband met up for a job interview. Got some food shopping, and looked around Joondalup. There seems loads and loads of shops, supermarkets are fine.

We have bought a new car on Thursday, collect it from the dealer next week.

Everyone seems friendly in and around the place.

Have not looked into a job for me yet, will do it next week. Need to also sort out a school for my daughter too.

Went to Hilary's marina, it's very pretty, and you'd think you were on holiday.

Money doesn't last too long when using British pounds. Lunch for 2 adults and one child $50 dollars, but once we get wages in dollars am sure it will all be good. X

Hi everyone, just wanted to let you know my first impressions of Perth and how we are getting on. We arrived last Saturday, and we're picked up by the car hire company. They had a really large Mercedes car thing, with tons of space for luggage. Our hire car was in the garage of the short term rented house. My first impressions, was that the suburbs north of river in Perth were a lot larger than I had imagined. Over the first few days we met up with friends and drove around getting our bearings. On Tuesday we registered at Medicare, and husband met up for a job interview. Got some food shopping, and looked around Joondalup. There seems loads and loads of shops, supermarkets are fine.

We have bought a new car on Thursday, collect it from the dealer next week.

Everyone seems friendly in and around the place.

Have not looked into a job for me yet, will do it next week. Need to also sort out a school for my daughter too.

Went to Hilary's marina, it's very pretty, and you'd think you were on holiday.

Money doesn't last too long when using British pounds. Lunch for 2 adults and one child $50 dollars, but once we get wages in dollars am sure it will all be good. X

Hi Donna

so exciting to hear your first impressions looking forward to the next installment!!

Louise x

Archived