SIDS and Kids

The Yuills

As some of you know, my 4 week old baby on the 8th April 2010 fell victim to SIDS. It is something that you think will never happen to you, but sadly on this occasion it happened to us.

This was a life changing moment in my life and has a year on made me a much stronger person, with determination to help an organisation that helped me so much when I needed them. I will be honest and tell you without their help and support I probably would not be here today telling you this.

I have decided to help by organising a WEAR IT RED day on 24th June at my children’s Primary School, Comet Bay Primary.

this is the link: http://www.rednosedayfundraising.com.au/sue_yuill

I have also been given the go ahead to fund raise in the Secret Harbour Shopping Centre for that week, so from 21st June – 24th June.

I have also set up a donation page for all those folk in other parts of Australia and also the World to help me raise as much as I can. I am not usually a person to ask anyone for anything but I didn’t think anyone would mind me starting this thread on here for such a good cause.

It gives a meaning to Jake’s short and precious life. If you don’t want to donate that’s fine too...just getting the information about SIDS out to people and that it can happen to anyone is all I ask.

I will putting this on both the Poms in Oz Forum and the PerthPoms Forum so you may see it twice...and if the mods do not think it appropriate to have it at all on the forum, I apologise and feel free to remove it..I hope you won’t though!

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Sue xxxx

Guest PocketMamma

I'm so terribly sorry for your loss - I am blessed with a 10 month old and pregnant again so as a relatively new mum I can't imagine how difficult it must be for you and your family. I'm glad Sids and Kids were there to help you through.

With so many charities around these days it can be a bit overwhelming as to where direct a contribution. In the case of SIDS it doesn't get more worthy though - I hope my small contribution along with all the others help with research and family support they provide.

I hope you don't mind I've also added a link to their online shop - more money but hey, babies need things so if your going to buy why not buy online and from a wonderful organisation:

http://www.sidsandkidsshop.org/

They have some gorgeous things and are very reasonably priced and 30% of sales from grobags are donated to Sids and Kids.

I hope your fundraising is a massive success!

Very sorry to hear of your tragic loss Sue.

I can not really imagine what you and your family have been through.

I have just made a donation.

Good luck with the fundraising. I hope everyone at PIO helps out for this good cause.

I would like to say thank you from all of my family...especially Jake.... in such a short space of time you have donated so much. xx I t is lovely that for things like this we are able to put all our feelings about other threads to one side and come together and help others that need it.

Thank You from the bottom of my heart:hug::notworthy::hug:

How could we not help you in some small way ???

You have been honest and open about the ordeal you and your family have gone through.You have shared the highs and the lows of Losing Darling Jake.

We all shared in your happiness when he arrived and many of us shared in your tears when he sadly left you.

You only have to read back through your posts to see just how far you have come.You gave us an insight to SIDS and now we are giving back to you xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I am so sorry to read of your loss, SIDS is close to my heart as I watched a friend go through the loss of a healthy, talking, smiling twin boy at 18 months old. Contrary to popular belief, the risk of losing a baby to SIDS does not stop at 12months (as I always thought it did for some reason). I am proud to say I was involved in a charity ball held in Feb this year which raised close to £10,000. All charities are worthy, but this one, for me, is at the top of my list. I hope research continues and one day there will be an answer and a cure. RIP little angels x

Guest guest37336

Hi Sue.

A truly horrific experience I imagine for all those concerned, my sympathies and hugs to you at this time and for the future.

It should remind us all that life is to be treasured, and especially that of young ones, :yes:.

Well done for the work you are presently doing for SIDS, long may it reign, donation made and happily given to this very worthwhile cause.

Cheers Tony.:wink:

Guest guest37336

Hi Sue.

Apologies for preempting, but the sight won't take Visa Electron. I have several credit issues :embarrassed: and the powers that be won't let me have a credit card as they think I am irresponsible, :realmad::yes::biglaugh:.

Is there another way I can donate please, direct contact etc.

Guest siamsusie
Hi Sue.

Apologies for preempting, but the sight won't take Visa Electron. I have several credit issues :embarrassed: and the powers that be won't let me have a credit card as they think I am irresponsible, :realmad::yes::biglaugh:.

Is there another way I can donate please, direct contact etc.

CEB_Bob_A_Job_%281%29.JPG

"Bob a Job" Lemmings:cute:.

Oh bless you, Sue will find this really your post funny and in the nature it is intended.

The heart and the thoughts in the right place would be more important to her.:hug::notworthy:

Guest guest37336
CEB_Bob_A_Job_%281%29.JPG

"Bob a Job" Lemmings:cute:.

Oh bless you, Sue will find this really your post funny and in the nature it is intended.

The heart and the thoughts in the right place would be more important to her.:hug::notworthy:

I wouldn't mind so much Susie but its not even my own fault. As you know Ruth has Bi Polar and Schizophrenia and one of the symptoms of this is that when she is on a high the old brain goes into overdrive and a spending spree entails, trouble is I at times let her use my card and forget that she is 'ON ONE'.

Two hours later back she comes with all sorts of crap that finds a home in the wardrobe or wherever we will never find the goods again,:arghh::biglaugh:.

Would you believe that when she was once on one she forget our youngest when she was in a push-chair, and left the poor mite in Boots and Ruth drove home. Upon asking her where our youngest was she replied 'Who',:biglaugh:

We went through the last places she visited, it was a bit like where did you leave your door keys, but eventually got down to Boots where the security guard was holding Beck's with a grin on his face and said to me, 'Are you missing something', luckily he knows us of old and we had a great laugh about it,:biglaugh:

Its not until the credit card people write to me that I realise what has gone on. So in future I have to hide any future credit somewhere she will never find them, the cooker for example,:biglaugh::biglaugh:.

But hopefully Sue will come back with an alternative payment method, if not I will just send cash or cheque as a very worthwhile cause.

To my lovely friend sue x

who i met through poms and although i have not yet met x but WILL xxx

Thankyou for being a pure inspiration x and showing me that there are true friends out

there x I feel like i have known you forever xxx ()

what you and your family have been through makes me feel so proud to know you x

Lots of love and hugs carole x

so click on sues link and donate to sids for her baby jake xx

I flipping well knew something would drag me back.........:wacko:

PIO:notworthy: thanks so much for making this sticky and helping my mate Sue out with this. We had coffee this afternoon and I cant tell you have much respect and admiration I have for this lady. She is a true inspiration :notworthy:. All the best Sue and I look forward to helping you on the day :hug:

Thank you guys...have just come home from work and have several messages of facebook telling me to check the total on the fundraising page...you guys are all so amazing $500 reached already....I ahve raised the total and can only hope that can be reached. Never expected to get to $500 to be honest...so $1000 would be.....well.....I would be speechless.

Again thanks....and Cath I really enjoyed today thankyou.xx

xxxx

Hi Sue,

Well done to you Sue for arranging such a worthwhile cause, i will be making a donation and i will see you in February next year during our reccie.

I hope everything goes well for you on the 24th June, will be thinking of you.

Lisa. xxx

Guest guest37336

Hi Sue/Everyone.

Two reasons why I have bought this thread up again, firstly a very worthwhile cause and secondly the cafe where I often go to in town is full of staff that make me giggle and we often have a chat.

Well, one of the waitresses last week lost her 6 month old baby to SIDS, the lady in question was bubbly, funny and made a bloody good cup of coffee,:yes:.

So though many might have seen this thread thought it may be worthwhile adding to it in the hope that this cause is seen again.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you everyone for your kind thoughts and comments...and Tony my heart goes out to the lady who has lost her baby recently to SIDS.

I have neary reached my target of $1000...we are at $783....so if you are able to make a donation please go to http://www.rednosedayfundraising.com.au/sue_yuill and make a donation...every little helps.

I am organising a wear it red day at COmet Bay Primary in Secret Harbour on the 24th June for a gold coin donation and I will also be in Secret Harbour shopping centre from Monday 20th through to 24th June collecting for Sids and Kids.

I have also been asked to do a media thing for SIds and Kids.....not had the details about this yet...but you may see me on the telly too.......sorry but may very well be in your face for a while with this very worthwhile campaign.

Lets all dig deep and help erradicate this horrible killer.

Sue xxx

Archived