gr8leo87

Dear friends, according to BEupdate some abeersalik received her visa in only 10.5 months !! This is flabbergasting to say the least.

abeersalik - 175 Paper 28/08/10 Civil Engineer

2009 December 19 - IELTS; 2010 August 12 - Skill Assessment; 2010 September 02 - Visa Application; 2011 June 01 - CO; 2011 June 06 - Medicals Submitted; 2011 June 27 - Medicals Referred; 2011 July 14 - Visa Granted

She applied 2 months after Jadoon (who was a 176 category applicant), as a 175 category applicant, and received her visa nearly 3 months before him. So I think it is not easy to guess the processing time for any particular applicant. Luck seems to play a vital role.

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dear friends, according to BEupdate some abeersalik received her visa in only 10.5 months !! This is flabbergasting to say the least.

abeersalik - 175 Paper 28/08/10 Civil Engineer

2009 December 19 - IELTS; 2010 August 12 - Skill Assessment; 2010 September 02 - Visa Application; 2011 June 01 - CO; 2011 June 06 - Medicals Submitted; 2011 June 27 - Medicals Referred; 2011 July 14 - Visa Granted

She applied 2 months after Jadoon (who was a 176 category applicant), as a 175 category applicant, and received her visa nearly 3 months before him. So I think it is not easy to guess the processing time for any particular applicant. Luck seems to play a vital role.

I thought abeersalik was a 'He' not a 'She' :wacko: Abeer Salik........ whatever you are... you are damn lucky :skeptical:

As I had mentioned before the processing time for security checks for Iranians is between 12 to 14 months as well.

14 Months for those who got CO before July 2010 and 12 months for those who got CO after July 2010. I guess 2 months difference is due to processing stoppage between May 2010 to July 2010.

Regards

As I had mentioned before the processing time for security checks for Iranians is between 12 to 14 months as well.

14 Months for those who got CO before July 2010 and 12 months for those who got CO after July 2010. I guess 2 months difference is due to processing stoppage between May 2010 to July 2010.

Regards

Reza me and u shares same time lines with only 2 days difference between CO allocation ... so keep faith buddy

Abeer is typically considered a female first name. Regardless of the applicant’s gender, what matters is the fact that he/she was able to acquire a visa within 11 months whereas the standard processing time for HR 175 category applicants is 18 months according to DIAC website and 20+ months according to various internet forums and message boards. Does this imply that these days immigration system resembles sort of “Winner take all game” in which some applicants receive their visas too quickly while others, usually with comparable qualifications and skills, have to endure waiting periods that average 22(?) months? :confused:

Or does this mean that post July 2010 applicants will be getting their visas in a much shorter time period? :cool:

Regards

Reza,

an Iranian girl got her security checks cleared in 4 months last week. the agent was shocked but it happens.

Cheers,

b

Abeer is typically considered a female first name. Regardless of the applicant’s gender, what matters is the fact that he/she was able to acquire a visa within 11 months whereas the standard processing time for HR 175 category applicants is 18 months according to DIAC website and 20+ months according to various internet forums and message boards. Does this imply that these days immigration system resembles sort of “Winner take all game” in which some applicants receive their visas too quickly while others, usually with comparable qualifications and skills, have to endure waiting periods that average 22(?) months? :confused:

Or does this mean that post July 2010 applicants will be getting their visas in a much shorter time period? :cool:

hmmmm...just for the sake of discussion, in Urdu (and even in Latin languages, and I can say this with confidence, since I am a Portuguese speaker also) generally putting an "a" in the end of a male name converts a Male name for females. Like : Amin (Male) Amina (Female), Abid (Male) Abida (Female), Adeel (Male) Adeela (Female). And same goes for Abeer (Male) Abeera (Female). I also have a distant cousin who is a male & have Abeer as his name.

Anyways, as you said this was not the point of your post. I agree with you that it is not the qualifications, skills & even the DIAC assigned priority that decides the time taken for an individual candidate, it is one's luck that precedes every other factor.

I agree that adding an 'a' at the end of a male name usually results in a female name. Interestingly, I have a distant female relative named Abeer. I discovered that a number of sites listed Abeer as a "female" name.

Link 1

Link 2

Link 3

Nevertheless, I think it can be used both ways. I heard that more and more people are applying for 475 visas (2-3 year work permits) to move to Down Under within few months. After considering recent excruciating delays in processing of visas, I think it was a plausible decision by many of them.

hmmmm...just for the sake of discussion, in Urdu (and even in Latin languages, and I can say this with confidence, since I am a Portuguese speaker also) generally putting an "a" in the end of a male name converts a Male name for females. Like : Amin (Male) Amina (Female), Abid (Male) Abida (Female), Adeel (Male) Adeela (Female). And same goes for Abeer (Male) Abeera (Female). I also have a distant cousin who is a male & have Abeer as his name.

Anyways, as you said this was not the point of your post. I agree with you that it is not the qualifications, skills & even the DIAC assigned priority that decides the time taken for an individual candidate, it is one's luck that precedes every other factor.

Guest Alibajwa
I think you should just email your CO that you want to report some change in circumstances. Let him tel you which form is required.

I informed CO that I have been visiting Dubai for 1 month and asked about status of my application. He asked from me dates of visit to Dubai and in response to my query for status of my application, he replied following:

" regret that at this stage I cannot give you any clearer advice as to what is happening with your visa application then to advise -

This visa application is currently subject to certain checking processes that could take many more months to complete. The timing for the completion of these checks varies from one case to another, depending on individual circumstances. Unfortunately, I am unable to provide you with a definitive timeframe for finalisation of the application. Accordingly, there is no news to give you now or for the foreseeable future. You will be further advised in due course. In the meantime, thank you for your patience, and do please continue to keep this office advised, immediately they may occur, of any changes in circumstances.

Regards,"

I am astonished to read that my CO doesn't know what is is happening with my application. If CO don't know what is happening with my application, then who the hell on earth know that what is happening with my application.

I am really surprised and worried at CO response. :wacko:

I informed CO that I have been visiting Dubai for 1 month and asked about status of my application. He asked from me dates of visit to Dubai and in response to my query for status of my application, he replied following:

" regret that at this stage I cannot give you any clearer advice as to what is happening with your visa application then to advise -

This visa application is currently subject to certain checking processes that could take many more months to complete. The timing for the completion of these checks varies from one case to another, depending on individual circumstances. Unfortunately, I am unable to provide you with a definitive timeframe for finalisation of the application. Accordingly, there is no news to give you now or for the foreseeable future. You will be further advised in due course. In the meantime, thank you for your patience, and do please continue to keep this office advised, immediately they may occur, of any changes in circumstances.

Regards,"

I am astonished to read that my CO doesn't know what is is happening with my application. If CO don't know what is happening with my application, then who the hell on earth know that what is happening with my application.

Its really discouraging. I also sent status query mail to my visa officer approx 2 weeks ago but didn't get any reply so far

I meant "457" and not 475.

I agree that adding an 'a' at the end of a male name usually results in a female name. Interestingly, I have a distant female relative named Abeer. I discovered that a number of sites listed Abeer as a "female" name.

Link 1

Link 2

Link 3

Nevertheless, I think it can be used both ways. I heard that more and more people are applying for 475 visas (2-3 year work permits) to move to Down Under within few months. After considering recent excruciating delays in processing of visas, I think it was a plausible decision by many of them.

Regards,"

As external Checks are carried out by ASIO(Australian Security Intelligence Organisation) which is independent of DIAC therefore CO is right in his/her email about "clearer advice" as they themselves dont know how much time will these checks takes.As soon as your checks are cleared then CO will be in a better position to answer you about your application status.

Its not something to be worried about as these checks are routine and taking long time for HR applicants specially Pakistanis.I think you should give them some more time before contacting them again.

Dear friends, according to DIAC website, processing time for SMP 176 applicants, from HR countries, is around 24 months. Both of you applied barely 10 months ago and now want your respective CO to provide you an update on status. After going through the CO’s response posted by Alibajwa, I think that it is a vanilla template intended to discourage the applicants from contacting Cos recurrently.

Please recall the days of Canadian immigration when the average processing time for PK applicants used to be around 36-60 months. There were no online statuses or updates during those days. In fact, a number of Canadian applicants claimed that they were told by authorities that “Please contact us to inquire about your applicant status only if you are willing to faced extended delays.”

My suggestion to all applicants is, please be patient (as CO also stated). Hopefully all of us will get visas soon.

Regards,"

Hey all, being an Indian how long will it take for security checks.All my documents shows MET except for my husband's one document which I had uploaded on the 7th oct. Rest all is done .Medicals finalised, form 80 submitted so is it gonna take me about 3-4 months after this too?

lol they stole my spreadsheet :laugh:

Your Spreadsheet?

I dont see your name on it....

secondly DIAC data has got same thing like CO allocation/Application lodgement/Medical/PCC request/Visa Grant etc etc

Do you really think u invented these terms and your are the sole owner of all time line sheets and sites on internet.

Your Spreadsheet?

secondly DIAC data has got same thing like CO allocation/Application judgement/Medical/PCC request/Visa Grant etc etc

Do you really think u invented these terms and your are the sole owner of all time line shets and sites on internet.

Oh come on!! doesn't matter whose original sheet it was. What matters most is that we need more data in column L.

I think we should give one idea to DIAC...

there should be levels of processing with different fee structure, if some want visa in three months then (regular fee X 3) and so on. what do you think. this way they can hire more employees for their department and make good money out of it:idea:

Guest bilaln30
lol, yeah :wink:, honestly i cannot think of anyother reason for the delays apart from this. and the worst part is you don't know how long further it is gonna take. :sad:

I am on the same boat. My meds finalized on the e-status on 11 Oct, 2011, but still no visa grant. Plz stay in touch for sharing our experiences & timelines.

Guest jazzy15371
Hey all, being an Indian how long will it take for security checks.All my documents shows MET except for my husband's one document which I had uploaded on the 7th oct. Rest all is done .Medicals finalised, form 80 submitted so is it gonna take me about 3-4 months after this too?

Wensmal, no one can tell how long its gonna take..... we all waiting..... my docs all MET since 8th August 2011 but nothing after that....... security checks going on each time I ask for an update.... be patient just like all of us. Best of luck.

Sir G Grant is v near.

Prepare yourself for the big move now.

lol, Sir G, how near is V near? :biggrin: feels like m gonna lose it some day. my wife's waiting to come over, lots of stuff still pending and they don't even give a damn about anything.

lol, Sir G, how near is V near? :biggrin: feels like m gonna lose it some day. my wife's waiting to come over, lots of stuff still pending and they don't even give a damn about anything.

:biglaugh::eek::notworthy::jiggy::cry:

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! dont hold your pendings things.....

Your Spreadsheet?

secondly DIAC data has got same thing like CO allocation/Application lodgement/Medical/PCC request/Visa Grant etc etc

Do you really think u invented these terms and your are the sole owner of all time line sheets and sites on internet.

I was joking.

Besides I am not from Pakistan so obviously I left out of it.

Archived