gr8leo87

If you take a look at the DIAC website, the timeline for State Sponsored applicants from High Risk countries is 24 months whereas for 175 applicants it is 18 months :biglaugh:

Thats because DIAC didnt bother to0 mention 175 processing duration on there site, processing time was clarealy mentioned in Ministers speech when he was giving briefing in Parliament. i will try to dig that post for you.

Please note: Security checks starts after CO allocation and Security checks for HR+ applicants are same for 175 and 176 .... Primary goal is CO allocation and according to current priority processing, who will get CO quickly ? its 176 applicant dude who will get his CO quicker than 175 :) i.e. 2 weeks max

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thats because DIAC didnt bother to0 mention 175 processing duration on there site, processing time was clarealy mentioned in Ministers speech when he was giving briefing in Parliament. i will try to dig that post for you.

Please note: Security checks starts after CO allocation and Security checks for HR+ applicants are same for 175 and 176 .... Primary goal is CO allocation and according to current priority processing, who will get CO quickly ? its 176 applicant dude who will get his CO quicker than 175 :) i.e. 2 weeks max

yes i agree with asghar, he is making logic here.

Guest guest59177

Consider the following reply from my CO. I asked:

I wanted your opinion on my external checks. When I applied for a 456 visa last year, my application went through both internal and external checks and the whole process from application lodgement till visa grant took approximately 3 months. If you don't mind, I wanted to know if I can expect the same kind of timeline for my 175 application.

And my CO replied:

Unfortunately processing times for permanent visas are much longer than those for temporary visas. External checks can take a considerable amount of time and as they are undertaken by another agency, we are unable to provide timeframes.

I took this to mean that they keep stretching your checks depending on the official timeline. If DIAC changes the timelines to 3 months, most of us would be getting visas in 6 months, HR country or not (my personal opinion). What do you guys make of this?

I took this to mean that they keep stretching your checks depending on the official timeline. If DIAC changes the timelines to 3 months, most of us would be getting visas in 6 months, HR country or not (my personal opinion). What do you guys make of this?

dear i 100% agree with your CO reply, however the topic was how 175 getting more fast visa than 176 considering their CAT priority.

both 175 & 176 are of permanant visa nature so bothe go for same security check

one belong to CAT3 & other CAT4, both have diff time lines for CO allocation

once the CO is assigned then all CATEGORIES become equal then there is only only one difference of HR & LR country...

Guest guest59177
dear i 100% agree with your CO reply, however the topic was how 175 getting more fast visa than 176 considering their CAT priority.

both 175 & 176 are of permanant visa nature so bothe go for same security check

one belong to CAT3 & other CAT4, both have diff time lines for CO allocation

once the CO is assigned then all CATEGORIES become equal then there is only only one difference of HR & LR country...

What I am saying is that I interpreted the CO's words to mean that if 175 has official 18 months timeline whereas 176 SS has 24 months timeline (you can check this on DIAC's website) and both start on same day (let's assume) then ASIO will give preference to 175 because it needs to be processed quickly. It's my interpretation so I could be completely wrong in this. Probably ASIO simply processes in a FIFO manner (it seems most logical) but I was giving one alternate interpretation that seemed plausible to me.

Consider the following reply from my CO. I asked:

And my CO replied:

In my view, these timelines mentioned on DIAC website have no meaning for HR applicants. DIAC may mention 18 months but in actual the applicant gets the visa in 3 years. It all depends on the time taken by security checks.

In my view, these timelines mentioned on DIAC website have no meaning for HR applicants. DIAC may mention 18 months but in actual the applicant gets the visa in 3 years. It all depends on the time taken by security checks.

this is what my brother-in-law was told by his agent in PAK, that we can only apply rest is their mood which could change anytime regardless what is mentioned on the website....

What I am saying is that I interpreted the CO's words to mean that if 175 has official 18 months timeline whereas 176 SS has 24 months timeline (you can check this on DIAC's website) and both start on same day (let's assume) then ASIO will give preference to 175 because it needs to be processed quickly. It's my interpretation so I could be completely wrong in this. Probably ASIO simply processes in a FIFO manner (it seems most logical) but I was giving one alternate interpretation that seemed plausible to me.

Sir G when CO refers your case to ASIO then every one is same for them ....

i am again telling you and keep this in mind that "PRIORITY PROCESSING is only defined for CO allocation i.e. CAT-1, CAT-2, CAT-3 and so on".

I am stuck in this immigration procedure from last 2 years and I know very well when priorities struck u right on your back and bite you there where u cant complain ....

If some one wait for CO allocation for 3/4/6/7 months then there are chances that Priority processing will change any time. being an HR applicant my advise is always go for Sponsorship at least you will get CO quickly.

176 SMP applicants are category 2 and there is no benefit for them only CO allocation is quick, after that, AIK HE SAFF MAI KHARAI HO GAI MAHMOOD O AYAZ. your application go through security checks, routine checks, internal checks or external ... bottom line is, you have to wait for 8 to 18 months.

Moreover, time lines are always calculated through Processing timings after completetion of 1 year.

SMPs were announced in Nov 2010 and still they haven't completed there 1 year ... you will see the average timeline of 176 after Dec 2011. (just my guess).

How can DIAC publish 176 timelines if they dont know in how much time they will grant Visa?

175 timeline is there because they are [processing 175 application from July 2010 and this online time scales were published after July 2011 (after 1 year). so u will see 176 timelines after Dec 2011.

DIAC has learnt two lessons in 2010.

1- Never move back those applicants in queue who have got CO. because one of there previous decision made on 23 sep. 2009 left 3500+ applicants in a situation where no one was happy. majority of those 3500 applicants were those who were waiting for decision or they were in decision ready state.

2- DIAC must prefer those applicants who have got sponsorship i.e. Regional Sponsored, employer sponsored and applicants under SMP. (CAT-1. Cat-2, Cat-3)

ASIO doesnt care about priority processing. It doesnt apply to them. Only applies to DIAC.

Once you get sent for checks you are in ASIOs mercy.

Guest guest59177
ASIO doesnt care about priority processing. It doesnt apply to them. Only applies to DIAC.

Once you get sent for checks you are in ASIOs mercy.

Agreed it doesn't care about priority processing. But from my experience it seems to care for the visa timelines set by DIAC. Priority processing and timelines are two different things. With the 456 the official timeline was 1 month and I got the visa in less than 3 months. Similarly, just in the past two months, two Pakistani applicants got 457 visa in 1 month and 1.5 months. These visas also have internal+external checks - I know from my own experience. What I am saying is that in general shorter official timelines seem to translate to quicker grants. Hence I was theorizing that if the official timeline for 175 is 18 months, it might be granted quicker than the 176 SS whose processing timeline for HR applicants is 24 months.

Guest guest59177
Agreed it doesn't care about priority processing. But from my experience it seems to care for the visa timelines set by DIAC. Priority processing and timelines are two different things. With the 456 the official timeline was 1 month and I got the visa in less than 3 months. Similarly, just in the past two months, two Pakistani applicants got 457 visa in 1 month and 1.5 months. These visas also have internal+external checks - I know from my own experience. What I am saying is that in general shorter official timelines seem to translate to quicker grants. Hence I was theorizing that if the official timeline for 175 is 18 months, it might be granted quicker than the 176 SS whose processing timeline for HR applicants is 24 months.

Oh, I might also add that one of those Pakistani 457 applicants already has a 175 lodged since Jan 2009 which is still stuck in external checks. Yet the 457 was granted quite soon.

Agreed regarding to 457 grants, today my agent told me that they have received "11" 457 visas with in 90 days and one of them was amazingly quick in 70 days ...... so i think my assumption regarding to 457 and its time lines were wrong.

On the other hand, regarding to 175 and 176 my thinking is DIAC has already published 24 months for the processing of 176 HR applicants. and 18 months for the processing of 175 HR applicant. Now remember, DIAC is processing 175 specially CSL casses from 23 Sep. 2009 as Cat -2. after July 2010 they started there working on 175 SOl Sch-3 applicants ... so after 2 years its not surprising that, DIAC have definate time frame for 175 HR applicants ..... Regarding to 176, DIAC started there processing in Nov. 2010 less than an year ago, DIAC has no definate timeframe for there processing. so just wait for few more months, i am sure you will see some dramatic change in TIME FRAMES of all classess

Guest guest59177
Agreed regarding to 457 grants, today my agent told me that they have received "11" 457 visas with in 90 days and one of them was amazingly quick in 70 days ...... so i think my assumption regarding to 457 and its time lines were wrong.

On the other hand, regarding to 175 and 176 my thinking is DIAC has already published 24 months for the processing of 176 HR applicants. and 18 months for the processing of 175 HR applicant. Now remember, DIAC is processing 175 specially CSL casses from 23 Sep. 2009 as Cat -2. after July 2010 they started there working on 175 SOl Sch-3 applicants ... so after 2 years its not surprising that, DIAC have definate time frame for 175 HR applicants ..... Regarding to 176, DIAC started there processing in Nov. 2010 less than an year ago, DIAC has no definate timeframe for there processing. so just wait for few more months, i am sure you will see some dramatic change in TIME FRAMES of all classess

Well I am hoping and praying you are right and there is a REDUCTION in timeframes of all classes :hug: But as far as I know, DIAC placed a moratorium on processing of 175 applications starting from July 1 2010. In those times, if you sent a blank email to aspc.processing@immi.gov.au, it was stuck at Jan 2009. Officially, they only started moving the queue sometime in March 2011. But let's wait and see how it turns out. Maybe we will all get visas next month and then we really won't care which way the timelines go :smile:

But it was a good week for Iranian applicants. Based on Migranthelp website I can see a quicker process for applications from Iran

Regards

Thats a great news. Hope you get yours soon. How much is the time (after CO allocation) according to the MigrantHelp website for Iranian applicants?

Guest jazzy15371
Guys, I am telling you. Insha Allah there will be lot of good news till Dec 2011. Even for post July 1 2010 applicants.

InshAllah.

Well no one knows that but main thing is conflicts are there between US and PAk, not AUS and PAK .....

Man, Australia is some way or the other in severe doubts abt of Pakistanis...That is the reason of long security chks...dont forget

Archived