gr8leo87

I sent Medibank a querry yesterday regarding my medicals and received this reply:

"Hi

Your case has already been finalised and immigration has an electronical copy of your results, they will receive the hard copy of your results by the end of next week

Kind regards

Medical Services, Melbourne

Medibank Health Solutions"

If my medicals are finalised, can't understand what the CO is waiting for. and apparently they received the meds a few days ago. Any idea guys?

885 lodged 9th Jun10, Front loaded PCC and Meds, CO assigned July 2010, Form 80 submitted 21 July10. Security checks completed (i assume) 16 Aug11. Medical Exam 01Sep11. Visa Grant - - -:nah:

Dear Zeeshu

What is Medibank and how to contact them as i have done my meds on 20th sep 2011 and want to track my meds, please let me know what is his all about?

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HR Applicant here.

Applied category 176-Sponsored Feb 2011. Medicals PCC uploaded April 2011. Visa granted 23/09/2011. No idea if i ever had a CO. All finalizations were done in 1 go.

Been living in LR countries for the past 15 yrs. Not sure whether that makes a difference...

Congraultaions and good luck with your future. That was quick 6 - 7 months. Can you please share your country of origin and which team you have? I have been a citizen of UK since last 8 years but was born in Pakistan. I applied in June 2011 and was told by my CO that security checks might take between 9 - 12 months.

Hi Zeeshu, I hope your assumption turns out to be correct, but why are you assuming that your security checks are completed? Did your CO told you about this? If your meds are finalized and Visa is still not granted then probably your security checks are not yet complete.

Best of luck.

Hi Ezy Going,

I just compared my security check timeline with the other HR applicants who got their visas granted and that's how i came to this conclusion. But yeah of'course i understand what you're saying. Assumptions are assumptions. I was reluctant to contact my CO because i thought he will grant me the visa after the finalisation of the medicals, but seemingly that's not the case now, i'll send an email to him about my application status. That's it.

Thank you

885 lodged 9th Jun10, Front loaded PCC and Meds, CO assigned July 2010, Form 80 submitted 21 July10. Security checks completed (i assume) 16 Aug11. Medical Exam 01Sep11. Visa Grant - - -:nah:

Dear Zeeshu

What is Medibank and how to contact them as i have done my meds on 20th sep 2011 and want to track my meds, please let me know what is his all about?

Hi ITpro,

Medibank is a health care medical organisation which usually deals with Visa medicals for immigrants. They send final reports regarding your health conditions to DIAC. You can contact them here:

http://www.medibankhealth.com.au/contact.asp

Regards

Guest guest59177

Well, it is certainly heartening to see they are doing their best to clear up the pre-July 2010 cases. If we think about it, no CO allocations were done from May 8, 2010 till around Nov 2010 when state sponsored applications were restarted. So once the pre-July 2010 cases are all done, there won't be that many cases left right? If my current line of thinking is right then there will be more good news for Pakistani applicants by December 2011, maybe including those who applied after July 1, 2010.

Guest guest41018
Congraultaions and good luck with your future. That was quick 6 - 7 months. Can you please share your country of origin and which team you have? I have been a citizen of UK since last 8 years but was born in Pakistan. I applied in June 2011 and was told by my CO that security checks might take between 9 - 12 months.

Don't count on it, there's a massive backlog of Pakistanis and the Pakistani agencies are known for taking their sweet time. My wife was born in Pakistan and left over 30 years ago (for the UK), like the rest of her family, but that alone caused her security checks to take 15 months. They are (apparently) trying out a new 'triage' system whereby only those regarded as being a risk are forwarded for full security assessment. It may be the case for new Pakistani applicants that they may not need one, but there are plenty of oldies left in the tank.

Guest guest59177
Don't count on it, there's a massive backlog of Pakistanis and the Pakistani agencies are known for taking their sweet time. My wife was born in Pakistan and left over 30 years ago (for the UK), like the rest of her family, but that alone caused her security checks to take 15 months. They are (apparently) trying out a new 'triage' system whereby only those regarded as being a risk are forwarded for full security assessment. It may be the case for new Pakistani applicants that they may not need one, but there are plenty of oldies left in the tank.

No luck there mate. ALL Pakistani applicants we have seen getting COs lately have been put into external checks. It works like clockwork. CO gets assigned, your status changes to ABPF, if you have docs missing CO asks for them, and then silence. Telephone operators tell you your case is going through 'routine normal processing which can take many months to complete'. Status PLEs are either similarly answered or in some cases CO will reply back saying routine/external/security checks are going on. The only case we have seen is of dance123 from epatforum who applied for an onshore 856 visa (I think) and got it in like 17 days or so. TOTAL. From date of application till visa grant.

hey all, visa online status still remains the same .Most of the documents shows MET on the 19th sep 2011 and also stated that an e-mail was sent well my agent did get the mail .But, what's bothering me is that my medicals have been finalised on the 26th of july so why is the online status showing still outstanding.so, what is happening ?any advise will be appreciated.

hey all, visa online status still remains the same .Most of the documents shows MET on the 19th sep 2011 and also stated that an e-mail was sent well my agent did get the mail .But, what's bothering me is that my medicals have been finalised on the 26th of july so why is the online status showing still outstanding.so, what is happening ?any advise will be appreciated.

Ignore online status. its developed to misguide us ...

There are only two reliable Status changes. ONE is Application Received processing Commenced and SECOND is APPLICATION APPROVED

Yea! but 1 year after CO allocation not from time of launch of application :mad:

oo really after one year of CO , then i can expect my visa in Feb . . .

SS Approved (SA): 02-11-2010|176 visa Application Submitted :22-11-2010|CO Assigned : Feb 2011|External Check Ref: Feb 2011|Medical PCC Received : xxxxx|Visa Granted: xxxxxxx

oo really after one year of CO , then i can expect my visa in Feb . . .

SS Approved (SA): 02-11-2010|176 visa Application Submitted :22-11-2010|CO Assigned : Feb 2011|External Check Ref: Feb 2011|Medical PCC Received : xxxxx|Visa Granted: xxxxxxx

Yes! from your timeline it will be around feb 2012. I am on the same boat as you. CO allocated in Feb 2011 and expecting Visa grant by feb 2012. But lets see and hope for the best.

Guest wafa9737
Hello Wafa9737, My timeline is very much similar to your's. I am also 176 SA, Applied on 10 Nov 2010, CO 2nd Feb, Form 80 & work experience sent on 1st March, Medicals done on 22nd April and met on 10 June (CO did not ask for it, I did on my own), No update until now. PCCs are also sent in December 2010 (again CO did not ask for it, I did on my own).

I sent a PLE for status update through agent in July 2011 and got a generic reply from my CO that my case is in routine processing. Although there was no mention of Security checks but I know this is where I am stuck at.

Do keep in touch and share the response of your CO, if you send a PLE or ask for status update. Best of luck.

We are also of same occupation as well 'telecom engr' what type of exp u have in the field , like wireless, transmission, operation, core , optimization etc ? Do u know about job scope of our field in adelaide.... I am sick of such waiting now,, thinking why i applied ,, too much disturb.

:mad:

We are also of same occupation as well 'telecom engr' what type of exp u have in the field , like wireless, transmission, operation, core , optimization etc ? Do u know about job scope of our field in adelaide.... I am sick of such waiting now,, thinking why i applied ,, too much disturb.

:mad:

I also have same feelings of frustration sometimes but yaar don't be impatient. We are actually lucky that the visa processing time now has reduced a lot as compared to earlier. I know people who have waited 3 years to get visa. If we get the visa even in Feb 2012 , we would have waited only 15 months.

I have core planning & design experience. In addition I am also (PMP) and some Project Manager experience. As far as I have heard the scope of our field is very good in Australia but specifically in adelaide the scope is limited. After doing some market research about adelaide, I thing adelaide is like peshawar in Pakistan :P. I mean it is the capital of a state/province but still job prospects are less as compared to Lahore, karachi or islamabad.

By the way whats your CO team?

Guest guest59177

'Ezy Going' is right. There are people who are in Category 5. Imagine the pain they are going through!!! And thankfully we are only in Pakistan where people are consistently geting processed and granted the visa. Our experiences and education is accepted. Imagine being born in Afghanistan/Somalia or some such place. What then? We should always look at people less gifted than us and be thankful to Allah. I still think we will have lots of good news till Dec 2011 Insha Allah.

'Ezy Going' is right. There are people who are in Category 5. Imagine the pain they are going through!!! And thankfully we are only in Pakistan where people are consistently geting processed and granted the visa. Our experiences and education is accepted. Imagine being born in Afghanistan/Somalia or some such place. What then? We should always look at people less gifted than us and be thankful to Allah. I still think we will have lots of good news till Dec 2011.

good news means we can expect the security checks times to lessen down till Dec '11 ..well thts really a good news

Guest guest59177
good news means we can expect the security checks times to lessen down till Dec '11 ..well thts really a good news

Remember it's just hypothesizing on my part :smile:

I also have same feelings of frustration sometimes but yaar don't be impatient. We are actually lucky that the visa processing time now has reduced a lot as compared to earlier. I know people who have waited 3 years to get visa. If we get the visa even in Feb 2012 , we would have waited only 15 months.

I have core planning & design experience. In addition I am also (PMP) and some Project Manager experience. As far as I have heard the scope of our field is very good in Australia but specifically in adelaide the scope is limited. After doing some market research about adelaide, I thing adelaide is like peshawar in Pakistan :P. I mean it is the capital of a state/province but still job prospects are less as compared to Lahore, karachi or islamabad.

By the way whats your CO team?

Its good to see some telecom fellows here , i am also on the same boat as like you guys and a bit worried about telecom sector jobs in Adelaide :dull:

My expertise is in wireless part and working on UMTS and LTE. My CO is from team-2 .

Whats your team guys ???

Its good to see some telecom fellows here , i am also on the same boat as like you guys and a bit worried about telecom sector jobs in Adelaide :dull:

My expertise is in wireless part and working on UMTS and LTE. My CO is from team-2 .

Whats your team guys ???

Mine is from Team 6.

Nice to hear that you are also from Telecom. May I asked which company have you worked in Pak? I worked in Mobilink & Telenor from 2003 till 2006. But since 2006 I have been working outside Pakistan. Here is my profile http://hu.linkedin.com/in/ezazparacha

Archived