gr8leo87

Man, Australia is some way or the other in severe doubts abt of Pakistanis...That is the reason of long security chks...dont forget

Every country has got its own security policies. just to tell u that if you apply for american visa then as a Pakistani ur security checks wont take longer than 3 months as Home land security can clear u with in few months .... on the other hand same is the case with canadian security checks .... canadian security checks wont take longer than 3 months so my friend do not waste your time thinking about useless issues.

You are extra or i might say over concerned about these things .... first of all you need to apply then see what will happen ....

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You are extra or i might say over concerned about these things .... first of all you need to apply then see what will happen ....

Everyone gives priority to their own concerns.Anything that seem important to me might not seem equally important to you...Thats not the point to argue on....

FYI, a friend of mine is applying for canada skilled labour visa, she has been waiting for approx 21 monthss now...still got no news..

Another acquaintance filed their visa 5 years ago for USA...they were on the final stages of their visa when Osama issue arose , they were notified by the US immi dep that their case has been delayed for another year...

Now you may comprehend why im so, as you put it "concerned" about these issues....

Everyone gives priority to their own concerns.Anything that seem important to me might not seem equally important to you...Thats not the point to argue on....

FYI, a friend of mine is applying for canada skilled labour visa, she has been waiting for approx 21 monthss now...still got no news..

Another acquaintance filed their visa 5 years ago for USA...they were on the final stages of their visa when Osama issue arose , they were notified by the US immi dep that their case has been delayed for another year...

Now you may comprehend why im so, as you put it "concerned" about these issues....

Please do not confuse your self with canadian security checks and do not mix them up with australian ones.

my siblings along with there family already applied for canadian immigration under federal skilled worker class and they are in final stage of Canadian immigration ... i am well aware of there current priorities and the way they are working on there backlog.

Actually u just know a little about these immigration things, thats why you are stressed out. People will confuse u, misguide u, hurt you in ever stage just to discourage you to stop this immigration thing. Your friend who applied an year should have to wait because priority processing for feb 2008 to 26 july 2010 will be processed after dec. 2012. Canada is working on there backlog thats not security checks. and the letter which she got is ot about security checks its about priority processings and Minister's new priority directions. I am well aware of those things and saw them myself.

My friend immigration is v hectic and nerve cracking specially if its Australian immigration.

As i said just apply, if there are long security checks, then you cant do any thing. if there a change of priorities then even then you will forced to wait for your turn,

Bottom line is, you need to apply as soon as possible and wait for your time. thats it.

This Forum is very help full for every prospective and respective applicant. but Speculations and Doubts or any thing like that wont help you or us.

You were advised earlier and many times that decision is yours if you have to apply then your sister will go through same security checks along with same priority.

Man, Australia is some way or the other in severe doubts abt of Pakistanis...That is the reason of long security chks...dont forget

Usman Asghar is right about shorter security checks for other countries irrespective of their security concerns with Pakistan. I applied for US visa & they took exactly 3 months to give the security clearance & grant visa. I even had a work visa for UK & I got the work visa the next day I applied in the British embassy. So, the longer wait in Australia is because of their lengthy processing of HR applicants not because they have extra ordinary doubts with the Pakistani applicants.

And sarcastically speaking, which country does not have doubts of Pakistani's :biggrin: . And isn't that the reason everyone wants to get a Australian PR and subsequently Australian Nationality.

Guest guest59177
Usman Asghar is right about shorter security checks for other countries irrespective of their security concerns with Pakistan. I applied for US visa & they took exactly 3 months to give the security clearance & grant visa. I even had a work visa for UK & I got the work visa the next day I applied in the British embassy. So, the longer wait in Australia is because of their lengthy processing of HR applicants not because they have extra ordinary doubts with the Pakistani applicants.

And sarcastically speaking, which country does not have doubts of Pakistani's :biggrin: . And isn't that the reason everyone wants to get a Australian PR and subsequently Australian Nationality.

Actually, the case of permanent migration is very different. Work visa for even Australia can be obtained in 1 - 2 months. But the case for a friend of mine has come under consideration for green card in America in Jan this year and his background checks are still going on. Another friend applied for the highest tier of green card with fastest processing in 2006/7. It took almost 3 years. I don't know about canada, but permanent migration in almost all countries takes time for Pakistani applicants.

That said, I am still optimistic we will hear more good news till Dec 2011 Insha Allah :biggrin:

Actually, the case of permanent migration is very different. Work visa for even Australia can be obtained in 1 - 2 months. But the case for a friend of mine has come under consideration for green card in America in Jan this year and his background checks are still going on. Another friend applied for the highest tier of green card with fastest processing in 2006/7. It took almost 3 years. I don't know about canada, but permanent migration in almost all countries takes time for Pakistani applicants.

That said, I am still optimistic we will hear more good news till Dec 2011 Insha Allah :biggrin:

InshAllah we will hear lots of good news till December :rolleyes:

Canada starts background checks right after medical and PPRF call .... and they take 3-4 months then. on the other hand, australia never asks for medical unless security checks are completed so there is major diff between security checks timing and security check duration.

I am 100% agree with you regarding immigrant and no immigrant visa processings and there security clearance in UK and USA.

Guest guest59177

Let's not forget that not all Pakistani applicants have the habit of updating status online. It would be really great if we could run advertisements in newspapers and get all Pakistani applicants to make a shared repository of data. Then we would know the real picture. Unfortunately, nobody has the time or money to do it :sad:

Guest bassam

sent my renewed AFP (which my CO asked for) on 26th September. No progress since then. Can it be so that case is still under progress in regards to external security checks, and she asked for AFP in parallel? Anyone came across this scenario?

sent my renewed AFP (which my CO asked for) on 26th September. No progress since then. Can it be so that case is still under progress in regards to external security checks, and she asked for AFP in parallel? Anyone came across this scenario?

Normally the CO asks for Police certificates & meds only when the external checks are finished. Be patient my friend, its only been 1 week since you submitted. Give your CO atleast 10 working days.

Guest Zeeshu

Hi Bassam,

We are exactly in the similar scenario having applied the same visa albiet i'm running roughly a month ahead of you. I provided my renewed AFP on 21st of August. Since then no response, so based on my experience i'd say you're looking at more than 10 days. BUT having said that, the timing for the completion of the checks varies from one case to another, depending on individual circumstances. So can't be sure enough. Usually CO asks for a fresh AFP and Medicals once the security checks are finished. But like EzyGoing said earlier, you cannot be positive of that. I sent an email to CO asking for the progress and by the sound of her reply, it appears that they carry out a fresh Australian security check for us onshore applicants since we have been living here for a while which obviously takes some time. We have to be but patient and pray.

Thanks

885 lodged 9th Jun10, Front loaded PCC and Meds, CO assigned July 2010, Form 80 submitted 21 July10. Security checks ??????? 16 Aug11. Fresh AFP provided 19 Aug11, Fresh Medical Exam 01Sep11. Medicals finalised 12 Sep11. Visa Grant - - -:nah:

Guest bassam
Hi Bassam,

We are exactly in the similar scenario having applied the same visa albiet i'm running roughly a month ahead of you. I provided my renewed AFP on 21st of August. Since then no response, so based on my experience i'd say you're looking at more than 10 days. BUT having said that, the timing for the completion of the checks varies from one case to another, depending on individual circumstances. So can't be sure enough. Usually CO asks for a fresh AFP and Medicals once the security checks are finished. But like EzyGoing said earlier, you cannot be positive of that. I sent an email to CO asking for the progress and by the sound of her reply, it appears that they carry out a fresh Australian security check for us onshore applicants since we have been living here for a while which obviously takes some time. We have to be but patient and pray.

Thanks

885 lodged 9th Jun10, Front loaded PCC and Meds, CO assigned July 2010, Form 80 submitted 21 July10. Security checks ??????? 16 Aug11. Fresh AFP provided 19 Aug11, Fresh Medical Exam 01Sep11. Medicals finalised 12 Sep11. Visa Grant - - -:nah:

Thanks Zeeshan, just quickly did your CO advise that fresh Australian checks are needed before giving out the final decision? :(

Guest Zeeshu
Thanks Zeeshan, just quickly did your CO advise that fresh Australian checks are needed before giving out the final decision? :(

IF they are expired, Yes!

Hi Bassam,

Thanks

aaaaaa

IF they are expired, Yes!

Dear Zeeshu

I have sent query to Medibank as you did 2 days ago but have not received any response yet, by the way we are offshore applicants so do they also reply to the offshore applicants as we had our Meds in IOM in Islamabad on 20th september?

Guest Zeeshu
Dear Zeeshu

I have sent query to Medibank as you did 2 days ago but have not received any response yet, by the way we are offshore applicants so do they also reply to the offshore applicants as we had our Meds in IOM in Islamabad on 20th september?

Dear ITpro,

Medibank has its authenticated GPs across different regional areas in Victoria. You can get your medicals done in a regional area but ultimately the GP sends your reports to Medibank Melbourne to get it finalised. So probably you will also get your meds finalised at Medibank in the end. But that's only my speculation.

P.S i live in a regional area.

Guest bassam

Hey guys just checked online, my PR has been approved :)

FYI, my timeline:

Application Lodged: 17th August 2010

CO assigned: 27th Sep 2010

AFP Requested again:15th Sep 2011

Approved: 06-Oct-2011

I would like to thank this forum and specifically those who helped me out during this process.

Guest nadeem

FYI, my timeline:

I would like to thank this forum and specifically those who helped me out during this process.

Congratulation mate! where are you from?

FYI, my timeline:

Congratulations Buddy

Archived