457 processing times

Lexi

hi all, just a quick question.

I am in the process of uploading my documents for my 457 visa. I am aware that you dont need to certify your documents if you scan and send a colour copy of the original. However, they have asked for my children's full certified birth certificates. I accidentally scanned the wrong ones (the initial ones without the parents details etc on). I am now scanning the full birth certificates and going to send them.

Did anyone have to get their children's birth certificates certified by a notary before scanning? Im assuming as they have accepted their passport scans etc without them being certified I dont need to but am a little confused and don't want to cause any more delays!

thanks in advance for any advice given!

Emma

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Alice2

Emma,

Did you have to upload each document in separate files or put them all in one file? I'm just trying to get ours sorted. Thanks. X

Hi Alice,

You will need to add each document individually under the different sections they give you, it's really quite tedious, especially as I had mine, my partners and my two sons documents to upload too! but it is very straight forward, and the form itself it's easy too (Esp compared to bloody AHPRA!)

With regards to your TRN number, your employers should receive it within 1-2 days of lodging their nomination. However, most are pretty immediate! I received mine about 24hrs after they emailed me to say they had completed their nomination application.

Fingers crossed your comes in time! Keep on their backs, that's what I ended up having to do!

Emma

x

Guest Alice2

Thanks Emma. 1-2 days will work as long as they give it to me by Thursday.... All my fingers (and toes!) are totally crossed. :-o

Thanks for info on the docs. In that case, I think I will save them as individual files. At the moment, they are all one big PDF file. X

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys can anyone help us, in the process of applying for 457 visa and not sure about medical insurance part, we are eligible for registration with medicare but we need medical insurance in Australia until we can enroll, what type of insurance do we need to get ie: holiday insurance or full medical insurance?! what length of time do we need to be insured for?, would appreciate any advise.

Many Thanks

Deb & Alec

Try Iman or bupa basic classic visitor cover is sufficient for entry till you enroll in medicare

works out approx $178 for a family of four per month, best to take it out a few days before you lodge your visa, you will receive a confirmation letter in PDF format, which you will need to submit as proof of cover. Once enrollled you can cancel it. You should have cover for ambulance costs as a separate policy to medicare, depending on which state you are in. Medicare only covers the basic's.

Hi guys can anyone help us, in the process of applying for 457 visa and not sure about medical insurance part, we are eligible for registration with medicare but we need medical insurance in Australia until we can enroll, what type of insurance do we need to get ie: holiday insurance or full medical insurance?! what length of time do we need to be insured for?, would appreciate any advise.

Many Thanks

Deb & Alec

Guest projuri

My application was lodged on 28 of July and I still haven't received any feedback.. Please let me know if anyone experiencing same delays.

The only confirmation I have is the visa + PR fee deducted from my bank account.

Guest berfincey

Hi All

Are there some delays for the Nominations ??? how many days do take the Nomination ?

thanks

Sinan

Morning friends of Australia!

28/06/2012 Application received - processing commenced

28/06/2012 Application fee received

04/07/2012 Application being processed further

Nearly 4 weeks this Thursday!!! I was told 2-4 weeks processing time by my MA.

All the very best to everyone out there x

Guest guest73691

Hi all

My application was lodged 28 June and I received notification that is has been granted today :smile: There was a delay of a few days as I had to get a chest x-ray, but other than that the process seemed to run very smoothly.

Good luck to everyone!

MsAKW

Hi All,

Well we are underway;

[TABLE=class: tablecolour, width: 100%, align: center]

[TR]

[TD=width: 15%]24/07/2012[/TD]

[TD=width: 60%]Application received - processing commenced[/TD]

[TD=width: 10%] [/TD]

[TD=width: 15%][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 15%]24/07/2012[/TD]

[TD=width: 60%]Application fee received

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

I'll keep you posted.

hi all new to this ....has anyone got there 457 visa since the 1st of july.....lodged ours on the 20th of june and still waiting :(......the waiting is so hard

Hi suesteve - it is hard when others have lodged after you & yours hasn't come through yet :( I suppose it depends on each individual case, but that doesn't make it any easier! I shouldn't need x-rays or police checks so don't know what my hold up is, is your position the same?

Archived