457 processing times

Lexi

Hi all,

My new employer to be nominated me for a 119 visa and had it approved pre 1-7 deadline however my application did not go in time. So after speaking to him Sunday he suggested we go down the 457 route as he wants me out asap.

1st question can he nominate me for the 457 or does he have to be approved to nominate me?

2nd question, if so how long does it take for him to be aproved to nominate me and have it approved?

I was offered the job and accepted it on may 10 this year and still no further on.

Thanks

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest myaccessaustralia

seeing pretty quick turn around times at the moment, around 2 weeks for decision ready applications (i.e. all required documents submitted, medicals completed etc.)

yes ours is the same ...no medicals needed or police checks...ours doesnt even say processing further ....i wonder has anyone ever contacted/emailed them to see what the hold up is.....?????

Oh that must be very frustrating - I think I'll chase my MA tomorrow for an update. Could you chase your employer or MA? I don't want to tempt fate & contact DIAC :/

Guest Corkgal

:biggrin:We have finally received our 457 visa's. Our application was lodged on May 22nd and we received our visa's on July 16th. There was some problems with o/h's contract but we got there in the end. Perth bound mid Sept!!!!!!!!!

Exactly 4 weeks to the day, I logged on to the DIAC website and it finally says VISA APPROVED - I was so shocked when I saw it I was nearly in tears! So very very happy :)))

Eveyone out there who is waiting, it will happen...best of luck xxx

Congrats Mullso and Angela. :-)

My application was lodged July 3th, CO assigned at the 10th, asked for medicals (I had already sent it and arrived exactly at the same day he asked for it), and still no further contacts or updates.

I'm afraid of this so long waiting regards of being in a de facto relationship. I havent heard about people applying for 457 in a de facto relationship. :-(

Best of luck for me and for who else needs and is waiting as well.

Depends. We are using a migration agent in Perth WA. And what an idiot they are. Been dealing with it for 8 weeks now, and they have done bugger all as yet.

Told me it could take another 8 wks.

Wished i had not gone with them, as they are delaying my chances of getting the job i have been offered over there.

does being sponsored by the govt owned companies in wa, make any diff to the visa turn around? only ask as my agent working for the company reckons 2-6 weeks. but i dont have that im due to arrive on the 17 sep. again im assuming the agent is to organize our flights and accommodation.

Congrats Mullso and Angela. :-)

My application was lodged July 3th, CO assigned at the 10th, asked for medicals (I had already sent it and arrived exactly at the same day he asked for it), and still no further contacts or updates.

I'm afraid of this so long waiting regards of being in a de facto relationship. I havent heard about people applying for 457 in a de facto relationship. :-(

Best of luck for me and for who else needs and is waiting as well.

Mine got lodged on 24th July, I'm in a de facto relationship too, hope it doesn't take long.....

Guest Corkgal

Dont worry yet. We waited 7 weeks after our application was lodged, we are also in a de facto relationship but that had nothing to do with it. It was an error on o/h's contract and a mistake made by migration solicitor. I was sure it was going to be refused as we were waiting so long. Best of luck!!!

Guest EMhinds

I am in the same boat with you guys. I have been waiting since the 26th of June I even rang my CO and she keeps on saying she is still waiting for the go ahead from the Global Health Team in Sydney, and meanwhile my employer is becoming more and more impatient?????

I am in the same boat with you guys. I have been waiting since the 26th of June I even rang my CO and she keeps on saying she is still waiting for the go ahead from the Global Health Team in Sydney, and meanwhile my employer is becoming more and more impatient?????

The process can either be very quick or slow, any where from a few days to 10 weeks, you are four weeks in which would be about the average time frame of 6-8 weeks for the visa to be granted, hang in there. Your employer will know it can take time, I wouldn't worry to much, good luck.

Guest aphex2k

Uploaded docs on Friday. Had an email off them yesterday asking for another doc from HBF with all the families names on. Sent that yesterday, email came back today with granted status.

4 weeks til we land. Lookout Freo!

Hi All,

Well we are underway;

[TABLE=class: tablecolour, width: 100%, align: center]

[TR]

[TD=width: 15%]24/07/2012[/TD]

[TD=width: 60%]Application received - processing commenced[/TD]

[TD=width: 10%][/TD]

[TD=width: 15%][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 15%]24/07/2012[/TD]

[TD=width: 60%]Application fee received[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

I'll keep you posted.

And 7 days later... BOOM .... visa granted.

wow so much to do.

Simon

I uploaded all my evidence at 1pm yesterday (after 3 weeks of getting it all together, notorised and having a medical) and it was approved and granted at 2 pm today! Amazing! Its worth taking the time to get it all prepared and collated properly :)

Guest geologist

Hi,

I am an Indian citizen currently in USA. Got a job offer in mid-June and the employer took care of visa application and all through a immi.agent. Application lodged on 4th of July. X-ray done on 6th of July at a center in Kentucky. It took 2 weeks to get the result. They shipped the results to Sydney on 22nd July-received on 25th July. Visa granted 1st Aug-2012. So basically it took less than 4 weeks in my case. Didn't have to provide any police/character certificate

Guest berfincey

hi all

I have no idea about the medical insurance ,

my visa will be for 4 years so shoul be the insurance as long as 457 visa ? and what kind of insurance that ?

thanks /

hi all

my visa will be for 4 years so shoul be the insurance as long as 457 visa ? and what kind of insurance that ?

thanks /

Just get cover for entry & until you sign up with Medicare, unless you want to be covered for the four years.

hi all

thanks /

I've bought for 6 months to start and it is renewed automatically.

Just checked my online 457 status today and it's been approved. It's been worth waiting for, now it's time for finalising shipping and flight dates. Good Luck to all you guys waiting for your visas. Melbourne here I come!

Archived