457 processing times

Lexi

Guest RickandVik

We lodged our Visa application on the 28th of March and it was granted yesterday 28th May. All we needed were medicals and our sponsorship. We hope to be leaving the UK on the 28th of August, and we really can't wait.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest berfincey

hello

I just wanted to ask one question . I have offered job from AU the company will be sponsor me.

do I need the job Nomination process ?

thanks / Berfin

Guest isis1mcc

Hey there just wanted to join the thread as I have finally got a job after long months of searching. My employer has put me forward for nomination so I am awaiting my TRN number, I have gone and requested police certificate and professional reference in the mean time as know these things can also take time. Is there anything I should be doing now while I wait for this. I will have to do medicals as am a nurse but need my TRN first. Does anyone know how the medicals take to be approved. And how long it takes to get your TRN number? I know I am full of questions but so so excited as didnt ever think we would get to this stage. Ps does my husband need a police clearance see others didnt do one. Also hoping him and our daughter (2) dont need medicals all this is not cheap. Lastly any recommendations on the health insurance? Isis

Guest RickandVik

Hi isis1mcc when your new employer does their application for nomination and sponsorship these applications will generate TRN numbers and then once approved will generate a reference number, you can start your application with the initial TRN number and then as nomonation/sponsorship is approved it will automatically flag up with DIAC.My wife is a GP/Surgeon and her meds were approved within 4 days of receipt. As for your Police check it is done within a guaranteed time and will not hold up the process, we had our done but they were never asked for.

Just make sure you have all your education and training certificates on hand so you can upload them as soon as you have finished the application.

We put our application in on the 28th March and it was garanted on 28th May and that was after her sponsoring practice having to re do the app on their side.

If you have a holiday insurance theough your bank contact them now and ask them for a copy certificate and send this along with a letter stsating that you are covered under the reciprocal agreement betwee the UK/NHS and Australia and that once in Australia you will obtain the necessary Health cover that you need.

With regards to Medicals the chances are it will be just you who needs one to travel, if any of your family have any ongoing conditions that you declaire in your Visa application then they may ask for a letter from your GP just to confirm that the condition is stable, other members will need a medical in Australia if you apply for permanent residency and that will cost a little more but you will be earning in Oz so that should be ok.

All the copies of you Training/education Certificates etc will need to be certified as true copies by a Solicitor or someone equivalent.

I am sure there are lots of other things to do but generally once you start the process they will just ask for anything they need if you have not supplied it.

Richard

Guest isis1mcc

Thank you very much Richard, much appreciated just phoning my bank for the holiday insurance:)Ps good luck with your move. Isis

Hi all

We applied for our 457 visa and empolyer nomination 4 weeks ago ,we needed to send some more info on my current employment duties, that was sent on 16th May,I emailed our CO on 04/06/12 and asked if info had been received as status on DIC website had remained unchanged since Visa lodgement,he changed status to "Information Received" that was on 05/06/12. This morning got the message "Nomination approved". Anyone any idea when my part of the process will be approved,is it normally a few days or week later??

Thanks

Guest RickandVik

Each case is different and will depend in info you supply and what they ask for, "How long is a piece of string?", we expected our to take another 6 weeks but got a surprise when it cane through early.

Woke up this morning and found my 457 visa application status has changed!

My timeline is as follows:

07/06/2012 Application received - processing commenced

07/06/2012 Application fee received

15/06/2012 Application being processed further

Hi all, I've written on another thread but I'm so happy I just wanted to share some more.....

Visa GRANTED yay,

my time line

nomination applied for 17/05

457 applied for 20/05

CO requested more info 25/05

info sent 29/05

visa status updated to 05/06

visa granted 15/06

Guest RAJ1980

Hi any body can help me how much time do it takes to approve SBS sponsor for a company as i have offer a job by aus company

Hi guys

Congratulations to all of you that have your visas granted, and good luck to those that are waiting x

I have read previous threads but am still unclear. I am a midwife hoping for job offer next week. what do i need for 457, police check? is that a CRB, medical- can i book it now or do i have to wait until application lodged?. Does my OH need CRB, Medical etc (he is not a healthcare worker). what forms/certificates/evidence do i need. also we are not married what evidence do i need to show proof of relationship we dont have a joint account.

Thanks in advance

sunbeam:err:

Guest Shinnybird

Does any one know what the recent timeline is for 457 processing if you lived in a high risk country? I've lived in a high risk country, and the CO has told the company lawyer that there is a firther integrity check for my visa because of coming from the high risk country...I basically dont know what they check in integrity check stage...and how long that takes...its now been 1 month from the lodge of application and i got my nomination approved in two days. im just scared i lose the job if this takes for months!!!!

Guest Lisa26
Hi guys

Congratulations to all of you that have your visas granted, and good luck to those that are waiting x

I have read previous threads but am still unclear. I am a midwife hoping for job offer next week. what do i need for 457, police check? is that a CRB, medical- can i book it now or do i have to wait until application lodged?. Does my OH need CRB, Medical etc (he is not a healthcare worker). what forms/certificates/evidence do i need. also we are not married what evidence do i need to show proof of relationship we dont have a joint account.

Thanks in advance

sunbeam:err:

Hi sunbeam,

I can't help you with the info on police checks etc, but I am in the same position as you in regards to not having a joint account with my partner, who is also not a healthcare worker, wanting to join me on a 457 eventually... I phoned up the london office for immigration Australia (02074203690) and they were very helpful. If you want him to go on a 457 you will need evidence eg Joint bank account, utility bills, rental agreement etc which take you back for at least 12 months of your relationship. If you don't have any of these, the guy suggested writing a declaration stating your situation with your relationship and sign it in front of a solicitor etc. Also, you would need to get a declaration written by people that know you as a couple and can prove that you have been together, living together for a year. Again, this statement would need to be witnessed by a solicitor/magistrate/notary public.

Hope this helps...not sure what I'm going to do. but if you ring them, they are helpful :)

Guest Motser

Here is our timeline for June 2012 coming from Ireland. No health checks or police checks.

13/06/2012 Application received - processing commenced

13/06/2012 Application fee received

22/06/2012 Applicant Approved

Guest Alice2

Does anyone know how long it takes for the employer to be issued a Transaction Reference Number once they lodge the nomination? They are already an approved sponsor.

Thanks. I am getting really worried we won't be able to lodge our application before the new rules on 1 July :(

Guest Motser
Does anyone know how long it takes for the employer to be issued a Transaction Reference Number once they lodge the nomination? They are already an approved sponsor.

Thanks. I am getting really worried we won't be able to lodge our application before the new rules on 1 July :(

Took us 3 days to get the nomination approved

17/06 Application Fee Received

17/06 Application received - Processing commenced

20/06 Application being processed further

not quite sure what the 'being processed further' means. Hopefully will hear a positive result fairly soon

Phil

Guest Alice2

Fingers crossed Phil. Thanks moster. It's going to be a really tight one for us. I don't really think we will meet the 1 July deadline :(

Nomination took a while longer than we expected for us ! Submitted on 13/05/2012. We only got nomination approved on 11/06/2012. Still awaiting approval of our application part. But remember you can submit your application part prior to approval of nomination!

Guest Alice2

Thanks dos. I'm just wondering how long before I can lodge my application once the employer lodges the nomination? Is the transaction reference number available instantaneously to the employer do you know?

Thanks dos. I'm just wondering how long before I can lodge my application once the employer lodges the nomination? Is the transaction reference number available instantaneously to the employer do you know?

Hi Alice2,

Yes i think it should be available to employer straight away. They issued me with the TRN the day they submitted the nomination!I could keep an eye online then as to when it was approved- all you need is TRN and your employer's ABN to do this. Are you using an agent or submitting it yourself? We used an agent and she advised me we could lodge our application at the same time as the nomination if wanted.

Guest Alice2

I'm doing it myself. I'm just getting really stressed as 1 July is looming and the application is being held up cos my sons passport has expired. I have an appointment for a 1-day service on Monday so should have the new passport by Monday, which will be Tuesday oz time. I'm just thinking if they don't lodge till Wednesday or Thursday or not get their transaction number for me to do so very quickly, I will miss the 1 July cut-off which will mean a lot more document gathering and even an IELTS test I think which will delay everything by months!

Fingers crossed our case is the same as yours and it is immediate generation of number.

X

Well i would get onto your potential employer and get them to submit the nomination online asap! Its really not an awful lot of information they have to submit for this part. Hope it works out ok for you!

Guest Alice2

Thanks dos. Going to call them monday morning first thing oz time. Problem is the woman who is handling my case works part time and not in the office till Wednesday!!! :(

Archived