457 processing times

Lexi

Hi Fiona

thanks for all your advice, sounds really positive. Ideally, we need to get permanent residency, as we've got 3 wee girls (under 6), and on a 457 I'm a bit concerned about level of cover reciprocal medicare provides. But hopefully something will come up.

How are you getting on with your application? Are you currently in Perth ?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Just to let you all of you who are waiting for your 457 visas.....Ours was granted today!! :biggrin: We submitted it a week ago so has taken 7 days including the weekend. That was for a family of 5 with no medicals or police checks needed.... Pretty quick. Now to book the flights to Sydney :wink: Good luck to all of you who are applying and hope that helps. Mandy

Guest chrisgray

Hi, all our medicals are now finalised and received, just waiting for the final confirmation now. Hoping its any day now. What appears in the section of the sheet (check processing link on the DIAC website) when its approved? do you need to print anything off to take with you for when you arrive in oz? I'll find this all out very soon, i'm just very impatient!!

Thanks

Chris

Hi, all our medicals are now finalised and received, just waiting for the final confirmation now. Hoping its any day now. What appears in the section of the sheet (check processing link on the DIAC website) when its approved? do you need to print anything off to take with you for when you arrive in oz? I'll find this all out very soon, i'm just very impatient!!

Thanks

Chris

Hi Chris, its says it is all electronically attatched to your passport.... The only time you need to do anything is if you get a new passport.I will be printing our confirmation to take with us though. I cant belive how quick ours was as the agents said 4-6 weeks although ours was 7 days!

Guest chrisgray
Hi Chris, its says it is all electronically attatched to your passport.... The only time you need to do anything is if you get a new passport.I will be printing our confirmation to take with us though. I cant belive how quick ours was as the agents said 4-6 weeks although ours was 7 days!

Yeh, we got told 6 weeks too. I guess they are just covering themselves for the worst case scenario. I'm so excited, just cant wait to book our flights. A load of my mates went a few years ago and are waiting for our arrival. My wifes a nurse and just getting her registered to practice over there took about 6 months! The visa process has been so easy so far..Hoping i havent tempted fate there... :err:

Yeh, we got told 6 weeks too. I guess they are just covering themselves for the worst case scenario. I'm so excited, just cant wait to book our flights. A load of my mates went a few years ago and are waiting for our arrival. My wifes a nurse and just getting her registered to practice over there took about 6 months! The visa process has been so easy so far..Hoping i havent tempted fate there... :err:

I said to my husband looking through these threads I bet something goes wrong with ours as everyone elses seems to go through really quickly....But no it was all good. We have just emailed our employer to book our flights, now I need to give notice to the schools etc. Getting scary but exiting :biggrin:

Guest chrisgray

Yeh, i've been the same. I couldn't quite believe the speed of some peoples. I just hope i get that notification when i wake up tomorrow morning... Definitely scary but as you say very exciting. My flat is currently being sold, I just hope it goes through smoothly as well...

Guest Rflannigan34819

hi there i had seen you put apost on saying you have recived you visa within 7 days :) i have applied for my visa i am a motor mechanic i put on all the evidence of my trade certificates bith certificates and evidence of mine and my partners defacto relationship they came back saying that my trade certificate were not sufficient could you help me out what other things do i need

Thank you ryan

Guest chrisgray
We got ours today 13 days in total with medicals:-) Delighted!!

Lula

How long after you medicals were uploaded did you hear? ours all went to received and finalised yesterday. I am now impatiently waiting on the green light to book flights now. I lodged our application last week, 5/3/12.

Ryan, my wife just had to supply her confirmation letter that she was registered to practice in Oz plus her degree certificate. She is a nurse. I would contact your case officer to ask what more they require.

Chris

Hiya Chris

We uploaded our medicals last Thursday so today was day 6 including the weekend. For sure you will hear soon! Good Luck!

Guest chrisgray
Hiya Chris

We uploaded our medicals last Thursday so today was day 6 including the weekend. For sure you will hear soon! Good Luck!

That's great, hoping to hear soon then!!

Chris

Hi Mandy,

congrats on getting your visa, wow that was quick. How long did it take from actually securing your job - did you do this from offshore ? We are also a family of 5, we're trying to secure job from overseas but are right at the start of the process, and it appears to be difficult to do this, so just trying to work out if many people are managing to get jobs from overseas, and also cosidering timelines as have house to sell , all the things I'm sure everyone else has to do (wouldn't like to have to fly out alone and have OH organise sale of house while looking after 3 wee kids - that would be lovely stressfree for me, but....he wouldn't be too impressed)

Thanks

Ann

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I have just been offered a nursing position with 457 sponsorship for Hervey Bay! Ive seen that this visa process is relatively straight forward, especially compared to my AHPRA application!

We are at the very early stages as in the hospital is only just putting the nomination forward now. I'm not sure how long it will be until I have to start my bit but I'm trying to get as much done as possible beforehand so that we can complete it asap

I understand that they don't like you to do the medicals until they ask for it, but I believe I need a uk police check. I have looked into this and can see it takes approx 2 weeks. Can I organise this now or do I have to wait until they tell me to? Also my partner and children will be on the visa, does my partner need a police check too?

Thanks for any advice you can give!

Emma

Hi Mandy,

congrats on getting your visa, wow that was quick. How long did it take from actually securing your job - did you do this from offshore ? We are also a family of 5, we're trying to secure job from overseas but are right at the start of the process, and it appears to be difficult to do this, so just trying to work out if many people are managing to get jobs from overseas, and also cosidering timelines as have house to sell , all the things I'm sure everyone else has to do (wouldn't like to have to fly out alone and have OH organise sale of house while looking after 3 wee kids - that would be lovely stressfree for me, but....he wouldn't be too impressed)

Thanks

Ann

Hi Ann,

We were very lucky to get a job offer from the Sydney office of my husbands current employer. It works great for us as we keep all the Uk long term service and can bring it back with us too. Plus we recieve a generous relocation package. Do your employers have any work based over there?

We are renting our house incase its not for us so we will have it to return to if need be. Think its easire for the kids knowing their home is here to.

We fly out in 4 weeks, we dont know where we will be living etc but am sure it will all work out :biggrin:

Good luck with your search

Mandy

Hi everyone,

I have just been offered a nursing position with 457 sponsorship for Hervey Bay! Ive seen that this visa process is relatively straight forward, especially compared to my AHPRA application!

We are at the very early stages as in the hospital is only just putting the nomination forward now. I'm not sure how long it will be until I have to start my bit but I'm trying to get as much done as possible beforehand so that we can complete it asap

I understand that they don't like you to do the medicals until they ask for it, but I believe I need a uk police check. I have looked into this and can see it takes approx 2 weeks. Can I organise this now or do I have to wait until they tell me to? Also my partner and children will be on the visa, does my partner need a police check too?

Thanks for any advice you can give!

Emma

Hi congratulations on the job offer!!

Ours took a week to be processed. But we didnt need medicals or police checks as we will not be working in hospitals or with children. I dont think your husband will need anything. I was on my husbands application and all they needed from me was a copy of marrige cert and photo page of passport.

Mandy

Hi Mandy,

that's brilliant the way its come about for you and your family, unfortunately same opportunity not possible for us, but will keep hunting. Good luck on your move, 4 weeks wow, you must be excited, best of luck

Ann

Guest perthpomcharlie

Hi Lexi,

Once I applied for my 457 online it only took 1-2 weeks to be approved.

I did go overboard with requirements though including police checks from the UK. But I didnt do anything with regards to health/medicals.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the reply Frostie, yours sounded nice and straight forward! Reassuring to see how little you had to do too!

So am I right in thinking it is only me that needs the uk police check as I will be working in health and with children? Trawling through previous posts it seems some people have added police checks to their applications even if not working in these areas?

Is there anyone that could please confirm if my partner (who is being added on to my 457 visa) will need a uk police check for the application? I'm hoping to send mine over the next couple of days so that I hopefully will have it back by the time the nomination is complete, so don't really want to then discover he needed one too and then have to wait for his one!

No worries if not though, I shall just be patient (im really not very good at this :) ) and wait until I can access the application!

Thanks

Emma

Hi Emma

My husband was offered a job via a 457. He only needed a police check because he was done drink driving when he was 20, naughty boy! He did declare this conviction on the application. I didn't need anything as i'm a goog girl :wink:

We paid £70 to rush the police check through as it was just before christmas. It probably took us 2 weeks to get all our paperwork sorted and for the application to be submitted. It was approved 1 week later.

Good luck

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Corkgal

Hey,

Story so far! My o/h was offered a job in the mines with 457 sponsership. We sent all our documents and they informed us that we needed to send more information to prove we were in a de facto relationship. Sent off all relevent documents and migration case officer has just been in contact to say they now require a copy of my o/h's contract (which we were supposed to sign when we got to Perth) Has this happened to anyone else? Its not a bad thing but has set us back another few weeks again as we are now waiting for a copy of the contract! We were not asked for medicals and police check's so im hoping this is a good thing and that once they see the contract it wont take long!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest berfincey

hi guys

I woould like to ask the one question

I have offered job from Newcastle , the company will start the 457 visa process soonest

How many years should I have the work experince to pass Nomination ?

Hey,

Story so far! My o/h was offered a job in the mines with 457 sponsership. We sent all our documents and they informed us that we needed to send more information to prove we were in a de facto relationship. Sent off all relevent documents and migration case officer has just been in contact to say they now require a copy of my o/h's contract (which we were supposed to sign when we got to Perth) Has this happened to anyone else? Its not a bad thing but has set us back another few weeks again as we are now waiting for a copy of the contract! We were not asked for medicals and police check's so im hoping this is a good thing and that once they see the contract it wont take long!!!!!

Yeh same happened to me, company emailed me the contract and I signed the 1 relevant page, scanned that page and emailed it all back to my company which they then forwarded on with the 457 app. All done via email!

I didn't need any police checks or medicals, only thing was I had to take out a private medical insurance policy for the 457 app, did it with IMAN Australian Health Plans Pty Ltd over internet, its not cheap @ $165/month for me & wife but you can cancel it when you get to Oz. I did application Feb 2010 and some friends here did their's 2 years before that and they didn't need health insurance for their app, rules change all the time!

Application decision only took 2 weeks when all doc's were in place.

best of luck

Rob

• 2 weeks later...

Hi can anyone tell me how a 457 visa works I've tried to get a business visa but I don't earn enough so my visa agent said I could get in on a 457 as long as I get sponsored for a job on the list she sent me, I am a manager of a Airport Transfer/Courier company, I also do some driving in the company when drivers phone in sick (taxi driving) ,But when I asked my agent why she sent a list (as I want a job as a manager )she said as long as your sponsored for a job on the list You can get a 457 visa ,Is it just me or All I wanted her to tell me was can I apply for any job on that list as a manager ,

Also how does the visa work I've read people talking about level 3 and level 5 whats that about any and all info would be great thanks

Thanks Thomas uk

Guest Jane8927

Hi, our Visa application was lodged on 21/5/2012, my hubby had to have an xray done on 22/5/2012, medicals finalized 23/5/2012 visa approved 28/5/2012 :) :cool: Can't beleive it, we are going to Australia.....

Archived