Who's off to Oz in 2011?

emmaroo

Guest siamsusie
Fleabo.....

THANK YOU ... too often us movers can get get caught up with some of the negativity about moving, a few of us are wondering 'are we making the right move' but posts like yours just prove to me that we are!!

I can't wait for my new adventure to start, I am so waiting for that day when Micheal, our beautiful dogs and me take that first walk on the beach. I am getting teary just thinking about it!!!!

THANK YOU , you have given me the kick up the bum I needed!!!

Oh this is like the Maternity Ward, the "Happy Thread":jiggy: I am loving it... I love to do happy! and yes it will be exciting to read your arrival report :hug: Susie x

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

We are headed to Brisbane mid April, not booked flights yet, but in the process of selling/renting house, and booking shipping so will definitely be no later.

Not sure what we will find, how easy it will be to find a rental etc given the areas we were looking at have been hit bad by the floods (western suburbs) so need to just stay with my sis first and play it be ear.

Really looking forward to going now, expected to be there Nov 2010 but not selling house put paid to that so now will be renting it out if not sold in time for April. We're not hanging about any longer, as we are still in touch with a few employers we saw whilst on our reccie and are keen to just get there and start working. They're still keen to have my OH.

Looking forward to catching up with the others already in Brisbane who have arranged regular meet ups.

Shaz

We're heading for Geelong in August (me nurse, hubby accountant son 14 & daughter 11). Should have gone two years ago, had flights booked but had to postpone due to circumstances beyond our control :arghh:

So on wards and upwards once again. We'll start looking at flights etc next month then the fun begins :jiggy:

We're off , hopefully in April, but it's looking more like May....to Melbourne!! wooo

I'm in process of applying for visa, which takes up to 3 months..

looking at suburbs , have a few penciled in. Looking for jobs at the moment...

We're now trying to work out how much we need to save....

Guest Angelica

We'll be heading out to Sydney at some point this year, we have to go before Oct to validate the Visa.

We're renting our house out whilst we give it a 6-12 month trial and We're looking at apartments in Mosman/Neutral Bay.

I honestly don't know where to begin with what to take, what to leave :arghh:

There is SO much to think about, I have a spreadsheet that could win prizes :GEEK:

We'll be heading out to Sydney at some point this year, we have to go before Oct to validate the Visa.

We're renting our house out whilst we give it a 6-12 month trial and We're looking at apartments in Mosman/Neutral Bay.

I honestly don't know where to begin with what to take, what to leave :arghh:

There is SO much to think about, I have a spreadsheet that could win prizes :GEEK:

LOL - Thought I was the only one with a spreadsheet my hubby thinks im crazy, but with 2 young kids involved it has to be done.... As i say I dont want to move to inhance our lives only to have to stay in and stare at 4 walls as we cant afford to do anything.

Were off to sydney too, best of luck

Nat

Guest Drop Bear

Well, after wanting to go back ever since I lived there for a period as a child 21 years ago, I'm finally off to Melbourne on the 24th of Jan.......landing on Australia Day, which seems pretty appropriate!:biggrin:

we are heading to Mandurah (near Perth), if everything goes well we should be there on the 3rd March (with 2 weeks in South Africa on the way :-)

Good luck to anyone who`s planning to emigrate

Stay positive, easier said than done, I`m so stressed myself that I can`t sleep at night.

Give the flight centre call, I got a great deal on Singapore airlines. Everywhere I looked prices were approx £1050 to brissie but flight centres was £802.

Hope this helps!

Katie

There's a good price at the moment for £536 one way with Singapore airlines on their website for 2nd week in feb!

I wouldn't say it's a bargain at £2500 for the five of us. It's still not bad! :)

I called sing airlines yesterday and asked about the double baggage allowance and they said I would qualify for it! They didn't take any details. They said just to turn up at the airport with our double baggage and they will check it in?!?

Has anyone else had that experience?!

Yes, you'll get double allowance if you've not used your permanent stay visa yet, but if I were you, I'd get it in writing and take it with you, just in case the person on the desk that day doesnt agree. You dont get it for a temp visa, just an indefinite stay visa, unused, and unvalidated.

There's a good price at the moment for £536 one way with Singapore airlines on their website for 2nd week in feb!

I wouldn't say it's a bargain at £2500 for the five of us. It's still not bad! :)

I called sing airlines yesterday and asked about the double baggage allowance and they said I would qualify for it! They didn't take any details. They said just to turn up at the airport with our double baggage and they will check it in?!?

Has anyone else had that experience?!

Of course I forgot about it being on way. Unfortunately mine is return as I'm only going for a months holiday this time!! The move hopefully will come in the next couple of years.

Living in hope Emma tbh,cpl of lifes events have stopped us going up to now,but if/when the hse sells we will be off to S.A,hopefully a sleepy little place called Victor harbor,not much nitelife there,quiet,but thats what we want now,or maybe Noarlunga south adelaide

Family of 5 from west of Ireland heading to Melbourne 1st week in June

Going to book flights this weekend.

Can't wait- never been to Aus so its a big adventure for everyone- doing it to have a better lifestyle for kids and get away from constant talk of IMF here in Ireland.

We really enjoyed Phil down under last night - could relate to family who moved also without visisting Aus previously.

Good luck to everyone this year and hope to meet you at future PIO meet ups

I'm moving over to brisbane with my partner on the 17th feb for 2 years. No work for me or accom yet but we do have a spreadsheet and wellies! :biggrin:

Guest Oz Boots

I'm flying to Melbourne on 1st February!!! Very excited and cannot wait. I'll be joined by my OH when he flies over on March 10. Then we can start our new life together. Excited and scared!

Archived