Who's off to Oz in 2011?

emmaroo

Guest Oz Boots
There's a good price at the moment for £536 one way with Singapore airlines on their website for 2nd week in feb!

I wouldn't say it's a bargain at £2500 for the five of us. It's still not bad! :)

I called sing airlines yesterday and asked about the double baggage allowance and they said I would qualify for it! They didn't take any details. They said just to turn up at the airport with our double baggage and they will check it in?!?

Has anyone else had that experience?!

It will depend on what type of visa you have. If you're going on a PR visa, you should be fine :o)

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Living in hope Emma tbh,cpl of lifes events have stopped us going up to now,but if/when the hse sells we will be off to S.A,hopefully a sleepy little place called Victor harbor,not much nitelife there,quiet,but thats what we want now,or maybe Noarlunga south adelaide

Good Luck Pablo! I hope you get to your "sleepy little place" sooner rather than later!

Emma

:hug:

We're headed to Brisbane/gold cost area November this year. No flights booked yet but very busy at mo gettn house de-cluttered and gettn quotes for shipping. My head's pickled the now so canny imagine what i'll be like come Nov!!

Best of luck to everyone thats making the move this year x

Guest HavenMarra

Hi all, we (good lady wife and 3 yo son) decided to move in Oct, got a job offer in Dec and starting in March in Brisbane (currently in Glasgow). Finishing one job on Fri 25th and starting next on Mon 28th - using a bit of leave (in w/c 25th) to pack and fly and look about. Accom covered for first month or two - should give us some time to find something more permanent.

Loads to do here (as you all know). Renting the house til prices and sterling recover. Also got spreadsheet and wellies!

HM.

I'm currently seriously thinking of heading down, but probably in a couple of months.

I had a contract renewal fall through about a fortnight ago, and not much is moving here on the job market. (Lots of interest from agents, not a lot of action.)

At present there are several things tying me to the UK, but I might consider making a move somewhere between March and May. (That's the joy of being single and in rented accommodation.)

Guest IlkleyMoorBahtat

My husband, two sons (3.5 & 1.5) and I are heading to Brisbane and will hopefully be there by Easter. Just finalising T&C's with company and then visa applications will go in. We are going because it's a great opportunity, our children are young, we are young(ish) and if you don't go you'll never know. We spent an hour in the park in the pouring rain today for fun....we have wellies, waterproofs the lot....bring it on!

Good Luck to everyone making the move this year....spreadsheets, you've got to love 'em.

Guest sunilisa

We are a family of four heading to Brisbane July 2011. Husband has a job starting Aug 2011, have 2 boys (8 & 3yrs), we have furnished rental for 8wks. Trying to reduce the clutter in the house and decide what to pack, the plan is to see how we go for 12months initially. We haven't booked flights yet.

Really excited but little apprehensive too!!:wideeyed:

Good luck to everyone else making the move this year!!

L.xx

Hi Sunilisa,

Can you let me know how you found your furnished rental, and how easy it was to book from the UK? I've been finding it so expensive for short term lets. We arrive in Brisbane mid April so will be hard as its Easter. Where abouts in Brisbane is it?

Thanks

Shaz

Shaz, we used Real Holidays to book our short term rental. They are a division of Real Estate.

It was all sorted while we was in the UK. The property we initially looked at wasn't available, but the estate agents offered a few alternatives. We have part paid now and owe the rest when we arrive.

It was all done over email, but I phoned them to make payment as I dont like giving bank details via email.

Guest RonAndrews

Arrived in Melbourne on Tuesday. Just recovering for the weekend after a crazy few days.

Things to do:

- arrange internet

- sort out phones

- buy car(s)

- deal with all of the forms we should have done before we left!

Looking over the Melbourne waterfront from our temporary apartment - definitely the right decision

Guest sunilisa
Hi Sunilisa,

Can you let me know how you found your furnished rental, and how easy it was to book from the UK? I've been finding it so expensive for short term lets. We arrive in Brisbane mid April so will be hard as its Easter. Where abouts in Brisbane is it?

Thanks

Shaz

Hi Shaz,

I was able to book all via internet (e-mail) we feel better knowing that we have somewhere once we arrive especially with the boys. I will PM you the details.:chatterbox:

L.x

Hi,

We are flying to Perth 26 Feb (6 weeks today!) All feeling very excitied about what the future may hold and looking forward to being near my sister in Mullaloo. Would love to meet up with you guys on PIO when we arrive.

Good luck to everyone!

Sharon x

Oh fanTastic! Mullaloo isn't far from edgewater! It was like our local beach in 2009.

Good luck with the move! :)

There is nothing more exciting than starting a new life in a new country and we are....hubby, myself and mini me. Flights booked, we arrive in Brisbane on 2nd May. Heading up to Buderim area. Will miss our life in UK, it has been wonderful but Australia is calling!

Another two here. Myself and the missus heading out to Sydney around April. Wife has a job offer at a place she worked at four years ago on a WHV. We had always wanted to go back after the WHV. We looked into it but nothing really came of it. Bought a house in August and two months later got the call about the job - weighed it all up and we have so many better opportunities there than here so f*** it we're off!

Just waiting for their HR to do the nomination then apply for the visa. Perhaps jumping the gun a little but she has handed her notice in now as was on a 3 month notice. We had a day of sorting out clutter today and binned so much stuff and made a large pile of car boot stuff too. Ready to get the shippers in now for a quote so as soon as we get the visa we'll get the stuff sent off.

We'll head to the Eastern suburbs initially as we lived there four years ago and then look around for somewhere bigger further out.

Good luck to all :biggrin:

Guest Kimdunja

Hoping to be heading Oz-way sometime before I turn 30 in late August!

No idea where yet - applying for jobs all over - with a preference for Melbourne/Geelong or Brisbane (Uni lecturer so will get employer sponsorship and I've heard they prioritise state workers).

Single and no kids, so all a bit scary that I'll be alone thousands of miles from everything I know... but hey, what doesn't kill you etc!

Not long now for us, we are leaving in March. After 2 years of hard saving, working 7 day weeks (I.e. I'm up at stupid o' clock now on a Sunday) and a years worth if planning it seems to be finally coming together. I jus want to sit on that plane and think to myself 'we made it'

:cool::cool:Well at last we fly to Melbourne on th 7th Feb sooooooooo Exicteddddddddddddd !!!:laugh::biglaugh::jiggy::rolleyes::wink:

Good Luck to everyone thats still waiting - hope all ur dreams come true :)))

Not too long now...........:smile:

There's so many of us going!! We move on 5th May and I can honestly say I am soooooooooo excited! Good luck to you all moving out before then. We should have a POI 2011 movers party at the end of the year to celebrate what we've all achieved!:biggrin:

Archived