Who's off to Oz in 2011?

emmaroo

Hey Guys!

Thought since it was the start of a new new it would be good to keep track of who is going where in Oz and when!

Ill get it started!

After 3 years of waiting we are eventually moving to Perth on 5th Feb.....and I cant wait! xx

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We're off to Melbourne in 262 days, 13 hours, 34 minutes :biggrin:

Started the process almost a year ago today, I'm very excited but it almost seems too far away....

Not that you are counting or anything... :biglaugh::wubclub:

All the best with the big move, and enjoy your time here before you leave!

Guest James W

Just one or two things stopping us going before Xmas but all being well we plan to be in Perth for Australia Day next Jan. My biurthday is the day after so god knows how bad my head will feel after two days!!

Guest BrightonBoys

If all goes to plan we are heading for Sunshine Coast QLD in mid March!!

No flights booked and no visa (yet!!)

Hi all,

As someone who moved in 2010 can I just say good luck to you all. It is both a traumatic and tremendous time. There are many on here who have moved (both ways) in the last year and will have had very different experiences, but well done to everyone moving in 2011. Life is a wonderful thing to have in front of you.

In 5 months, we sold our house in the UK, moved over here, bought a house (in what some say is the second most expensive city in the world), settled our kids, and are now happily getting on with things. Ours is only one of many experiences that PIO members have had; we were lucky, we have family and friends for support, local knowledge, lots of other things helping us along on our migration journey. Others are not so lucky - but still roll their sleeves up, dig in and get on with it. To them I send a heart felt :wubclub:

I wish you all well.

Fleabo

Guest BrightonBoys
Please please please tell me as soon as your visa is granted! I will be jumping up and down when I hear the good news!

Trust me you will hear the screams of joy!!!

Guest BrightonBoys

Fleabo.....

THANK YOU ... too often us movers can get get caught up with some of the negativity about moving, a few of us are wondering 'are we making the right move' but posts like yours just prove to me that we are!!

I can't wait for my new adventure to start, I am so waiting for that day when Micheal, our beautiful dogs and me take that first walk on the beach. I am getting teary just thinking about it!!!!

THANK YOU , you have given me the kick up the bum I needed!!!

Guest The Ropey HOFF

Well................ i am hoping this year will be our year........... i have applied for another job and i am waiting to hear about it, i am not hopeful though, i have had so many things not work out, my gut feeling is, it won't happen, i am not a negative person, but nothing seems to go our way as you know we are down alot of money like most people, but not having a job to go to and having great well paid jobs in the uk, was a step too much, but the wife said, apply for the job which is a good sign, i want to emigrate and she isn't certain, so fingers crossed they say they want the HOFF and if they do we could finally be HOFF to fantastic Australia.

All the best to those that are coming over this year. :hug:

We arrived in Brisbane in November last year and after a few whirlwind weeks of go-go-go where you never think you are going to stop, you eventually get to that point where you are in your new place with all your belongings around you and sit back and say "Wow, we did it". And you know what, for us it was one of the greatest feelings ever! I hope that you all get to experience that feeling.

Guest siamsusie

I so wish you all the luck in the world.. you have such love for the country, it really is time to get into action and get over here...

Love Susie x

Edited this was Ropey Hoff !

Fleabo - what a lovely and inspirational post.....

Nat

Thanks. I wish you well.

Your life is like a building, easy to knock down, but could take years to rebuild. You spend the months leading up to the move dismantling your life, then the next few years will be spent rebuilding something new, hopefully invigorating, enlivening, different, and ultimately better. Some manage it quicker, some take longer, many will learn what is most important to them. Everyone is different.

Good luck.

Fleabo.....

THANK YOU ... too often us movers can get get caught up with some of the negativity about moving, a few of us are wondering 'are we making the right move' but posts like yours just prove to me that we are!!

I can't wait for my new adventure to start, I am so waiting for that day when Micheal, our beautiful dogs and me take that first walk on the beach. I am getting teary just thinking about it!!!!

THANK YOU , you have given me the kick up the bum I needed!!!

Mate, remember, beaches are shallow.......:wink:

We are sat in an empty house - furniture went on tuesday! we will be following it in the first week of feb. Off to Perth and can't bloody wait!!!!!:biggrin:

Good luck. Hope not to see you here in the near future, in which case, you're sorted.:yes: But if you have any question, please ask.

Archived