Any nurse here or in uk awaiting AHPRA registration? I applied with QNC...

Guest annieross

Guest snowgoose

oh crud. I contacted AHPRA today over what I needed to do to reactivate. I have to go though the whole registration process. So even though I was registered with QLD and according to their forms just needed to prove I was up to date etc....and pay the fee.......not so according to AHPRA.

whole process from the beginning. great. not looking forward to trying to get transcripts from the other side of the world.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest chihiro

I joined the QNU few days ago. The lady on the phone said they could help ! I have to complete a form and cross my fingers !

Guest rozzy82

I still have had no word on registration.......Despite the last time I rang they said they would email me straight back with details but that did not happen lol..

Think we are going to have to keep smiling and keep chin up....

I actually think going on what some member of PIO have said that after AHPRA receive new application form it takes 3 months to register you.

Anyone had any news on registration yet???? Or Am I just been rather optimistic, probably daft to think there would be...... Please Please AHPRA get a move on !!!!

Nothing!:sad:

I still have had no word on registration.......Despite the last time I rang they said they would email me straight back with details but that did not happen lol..

Think we are going to have to keep smiling and keep chin up....

I actually think going on what some member of PIO have said that after AHPRA receive new application form it takes 3 months to register you.

20 days........keep smiling!:sad:

Guest Jo and Dave

We did get a response to an email on 25/09 but it was to tell me only what I already knew, that they had recieved my documents !!

Just wait, wait and wait a little more ! Who knows may get a surprise one day soon, however it appears from what other PIO members have said, you just get a letter stating you are "eligible" for registration and must attend an AHPRA office to present ID and Visa before they "actually" place you on the register.

So will stalk the postman as well as my inbox (hope I don't scare the postman) !!!

Guest rozzy82

32 days for me yay....................2 months to go lol

Its true though, how obsessed do we become with checking our email, PIO for information and waiting for the mail to turn up.

Guest Jo and Dave

Lol exactly, it is a crazy position to find yourself, can't have visa without registration, cant have registration without visa, so they are just stating you are "eligible" lol

I am also annoyed with AHPRA because they refuse to give a straight answer, if they are sorting the registrations in date order they MUST know how far they have got so we could have some clear indication as to where our applications are in the whole process ???

I am going to phone them again tonight and demand an answer, to know EXACTLY where my application is in the grand scheme of things !!!

Surely if they have that much of a back log then a team must be at the least dedicated to it, then again there is no excuse for not knowing where they are with registrations.

Still nothing - they requested another application form and promised it would be processed as a priority. Sent an email to my contact there on monday - still no reply !!!!

LIke everyone says - just keep smiling :clown-biggrin: although i think the booze is helping on that score LOL

Guest Jo and Dave

To everyone on here who is waiting for AHPRA to get their finger out, if we all collate our information and demand collectively they provide us with a clear picture as to how long we have left to wait and more importantly WHY we hae to wait, maybe they might take us seriously.

I am adamant that they have been as un-cooperative and vague as they could be, as overseas applicants we have been effectively ignored !

I call and email regularily, I get a varying degree of responses from non-existent to plain vague.

It isn't acceptable, they have taken payment from me, they have all the relevant documentation they surely know where they are with applications !

Guest rozzy82

What do you think is the best way of going about this? Maybe there is someone that can represent us?

I also think that this is a good idea

Guest Shane&Lynn

So Pi**ed off. we sent our letter from Lynn's work as a statement of practice and the transcript of nurse training and transcript of midwifery training with the original application on 28th July after previously appling to QNC on 30 May. In the first week of September they said that they had her transcript of midwifery training but not the other 2. They were sent in the same envelope!!! So we stayed calm and sent them again on the 24th September. Guess what? They have never arrived!!! Now sent them again today with recorded delivery and a card that they have to fill out and send back. The woman at the post office said that this was something that used to be done alot but not so much anymore.

This time they can't weiggle out of it:biggrin:.

Just to top it off and add to the stress we completed and moved out of our house today. The shippers are storing all of our worldly goods until we are ready to go

So now just waiting with a nice bottle of wine (and a sore back and feet) Oh no wingeing pomme moment:jiggy:

Shane

Guest Jo and Dave
So Pi**ed off. we sent our letter from Lynn's work as a statement of practice and the transcript of nurse training and transcript of midwifery training with the original application on 28th July after previously appling to QNC on 30 May. In the first week of September they said that they had her transcript of midwifery training but not the other 2. They were sent in the same envelope!!! So we stayed calm and sent them again on the 24th September. Guess what? They have never arrived!!! Now sent them again today with recorded delivery and a card that they have to fill out and send back. The woman at the post office said that this was something that used to be done alot but not so much anymore.

This time they can't weiggle out of it:biggrin:.

Just to top it off and add to the stress we completed and moved out of our house today. The shippers are storing all of our worldly goods until we are ready to go

So now just waiting with a nice bottle of wine (and a sore back and feet) Oh no wingeing pomme moment:jiggy:

Shane

Oh my god Shane that is absolutely disgraceful..... why dont they except email attachments like DIAC?..... This would surely be the safest and quickest method wouldn't it!! I was told by AHPRA that they do record and track all mail coming in.

Are you still deaing with QLD? because its the Victoria office who supposedly deal with the oversea's applications.... so are QLD sending on your paperwork and losing it? Though either way there's no dam excuse for this incompetence.

I'll be in the same boat soon, we are just waiting for a completion date on our house. We'll have to rent somewhere short-term!

Anyway enjoy the wine, sounds like you have earnt it :hug:

Jo

Oh my god that is absolutely ****!! My other half has no idea why i am so stressed with the whole process. I am just at the beginning, posting all my stuff to my case worker today for him to then send the stuff off so my AHPRA ordeal is just about to begin!!

Have you even been able to look for jobs then? Anyway how is Brisbane?

Pam :)

I am looking for jobs, but not applying! However, if the perfect post comes up I might put an application in. Most of the jobs for Queensland Health state that the application remains valid for 12 months. Now I'm not really sure what this means (if anyone can explain exactly that would be very helpful), but hopefully it may enable me to be offered a post and start it several months? Failing that I currently looking for admin/porter/phlebotomy jobs so I get used to the Australian hospital environment.

As far as jobs go, I'm already at a disadvantage as I was a Nurse practitioner in the UK, in Walk in centres, and they don't have that kind of service here. Also NP in Australia is an additional endorsement, like midwife would be, but they require a full masters degree to endorse you (unless anyone knows different?), and a lot of UK NP don't have this- most are "working towards".

Brisbane is great though( albeit a bit wet!) It would be calm, chilled and relaxed apart from the employment anxiety. It's funny isn't it - You move to Australia to try and remove some of the work stress, and end up with "no work" stress! I am seriously thinking about an alternative career!

I am looking for jobs, but not applying! However, if the perfect post comes up I might put an application in. Most of the jobs for Queensland Health state that the application remains valid for 12 months. Now I'm not really sure what this means (if anyone can explain exactly that would be very helpful), but hopefully it may enable me to be offered a post and start it several months? Failing that I currently looking for admin/porter/phlebotomy jobs so I get used to the Australian hospital environment.

As far as jobs go, I'm already at a disadvantage as I was a Nurse practitioner in the UK, in Walk in centres, and they don't have that kind of service here. Also NP in Australia is an additional endorsement, like midwife would be, but they require a full masters degree to endorse you (unless anyone knows different?), and a lot of UK NP don't have this- most are "working towards".

Brisbane is great though( albeit a bit wet!) It would be calm, chilled and relaxed apart from the employment anxiety. It's funny isn't it - You move to Australia to try and remove some of the work stress, and end up with "no work" stress! I am seriously thinking about an alternative career!

Theres some new polyclinics opening across Australia and they will need nurse practitioners, We get requests for this type of nurse all the time, I'm sure you'll find something :)

Guest Shane&Lynn
Oh my god Shane that is absolutely disgraceful..... why dont they except email attachments like DIAC?..... This would surely be the safest and quickest method wouldn't it!! I was told by AHPRA that they do record and track all mail coming in.

Are you still deaing with QLD? because its the Victoria office who supposedly deal with the oversea's applications.... so are QLD sending on your paperwork and losing it? Though either way there's no dam excuse for this incompetence.

I'll be in the same boat soon, we are just waiting for a completion date on our house. We'll have to rent somewhere short-term!

Anyway enjoy the wine, sounds like you have earnt it :hug:

Jo

Hi Jo,

I've just poped home for some lunch and checked our emails. Guess what, they've recieved the documents today so just wasted some more money sending them again yesterday.

Any how, We were told by the victoria office ( a long time ago now) that if you're applying to work in queensland, to send your application to the brisbane office because they were swamped. We told them that it didn't give a queensland address on the application form - just the melbourne one. So the girl said that she would forward all of our paperwork to the brisbane office. We've been dealing with the brisbane office since.

Shane

Guest girlinOZ

Hi,

I'm a Canadian, working as an RN in the US, and also trying to get a nursing license in Australia. I've been working on it since January, and applied with the QNC just days before they implemented the new federal system. I have a boyfriend in QLD and it has been a long, difficult process dealing with AHPRA. They are pretty disorganized. I couldn't reach them by phone, no one was answering! I finally rocked up to the Brisbane office when I was visiting and an administrator there sat down with me for about 45 minutes and she really helped me out. I have about 2 more documents to submit and hopefully will be home free! It will probably cost about $700 before it is all said and done, including their fees. I owe them about $86 more dollars. It has been a lot better since I connected with an administrator. She responds to my emails promptly. In addition, I have been assigned a case manager. I hope to move there next year, We will see. I have been very discouraged also, so I encourage everyone to keep at it, just take it one step at a time and try to HANG IN THERE!! I KNOW how frustrating it can be!!

Take care and I wish you the best.

Guest girlinOZ

Hey Annie and others,

See my reply to hellsbells. I actually did go physically to the office in Brisbane when I was over there visiting my boyfriend and it really helped. They were shocked I had flown all the way from the states to see them and immediately I was able to connect with an administrator who has continued to help me. My AHPRA APP IS CURRENTLY BEING PROCESSED. They gave me 30 days to complete and I asked for an extension. They told me to wait too but I felt that wasn't a good idea and I had everything pretty much ready so I submitted my QNC app about June 21, and when I went there in person was told because of that I was at the top of the list. I only have a couple more docs to submit, the last one I am waiting on my employer for. Be sure to follow their counsel to the letter. I have been working on this for 8 months. It is a long, labourious process but you must persist. If you can get there in person, so much the better, but I know it is even farther from the UK than the states, so that might not be practical for many. GOOD LUCK AND HANG IN THERE!!

Hi

Sorry if this has been asked and answered but this thread is huge! Which is a little worrying in itself?? I have been sent a receipt for the AHPRA fee, does this mean I am any closer to getting my registration?? Or are they just off spending my money?:wink:

Gill x

Guest rozzy82

Hmm you never know. They have taken alot of peoples fees and not came forward with the goods. Just hang in there. Dont get stressed LOL

Guess the only positive thing is once this is over and we all gets our registration we can meet for coffee.....

Hmm you never know. They have taken alot of peoples fees and not came forward with the goods. Just hang in there. Dont get stressed LOL

Guess the only positive thing is once this is over and we all gets our registration we can meet for coffee.....

COFFEE ?????

I think a night on the town with plenty of wine would be more fitting to celebrate finally getting there !! :yellow_guy_smiling_ LOL

Archived