Any nurse here or in uk awaiting AHPRA registration? I applied with QNC...

Guest annieross

Does anyone know....???

How long is it taking to get registered once AHPRA gets all the paperwork needed?...I mean, the NEW paperwork: new application form, ID, CV,etc.. ( I applied to QNC)

I am not sure, but the fact that they asked me to fill out the new application form and provide more paperwork to support it, means that my previous application to QNC wasn't accepted?

Thanks,

Isabel

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does anyone know....???

How long is it taking to get registered once AHPRA gets all the paperwork needed?...I mean, the NEW paperwork: new application form, ID, CV,etc.. ( I applied to QNC)

I am not sure, but the fact that they asked me to fill out the new application form and provide more paperwork to support it, means that my previous application to QNC wasn't accepted?

Thanks,

Isabel

Isabel

That is what happened to me. I rang and asked how long it will take to be processed considering I have been waiting since May and they said up to 90 days.

Rozlyn:wacko:

Does anyone know....???

Thanks,

Isabel

I applied on the 11th August so all the new stuff, but still waiting. Despite numerous calls and emails, still nothing. When I rang they did say my application was in the queue to be processed. No reply to my emails, but I did notice yesterday my application fees have been taken out of my credit card account so hopefully something is starting to happen. It does say on the website applications should be processed in 90 days so fingers crossed.:skeptical:

x Helen

Thanks guys for answering!.................sad, so sad...why are they doing this to us? Seriously, I do not understand!

Should I join to the Queensland Nursing Union? I have never thought that thing should work that way. But, apparently, AHPRA works under pressure.

I have been told that some of us got registered at the begining of Sept, because of this. They also had to provide all the new stuff, but it took less than one week to get everything done.

Guest smileykylie

I am in Australia and renewed my registration as 'non practising'. Sent the forms off about 6 weeks ago and just checked my registration status which states 'failure to register'. I am so angry that I now have to phone them AGAIN as they are completely useless. Thank god I don't need this to actually work (not nursing at present) but need my registration current in case I want to refresh my practice!! Really feel for those waiting it is such a ridiculously disorganised system at the moment.

Guest lesleyawalsh
I applied on the 11th August so all the new stuff, but still waiting. Despite numerous calls and emails, still nothing. When I rang they did say my application was in the queue to be processed. No reply to my emails, but I did notice yesterday my application fees have been taken out of my credit card account so hopefully something is starting to happen. It does say on the website applications should be processed in 90 days so fingers crossed.:skeptical:

x Helen

Hi there

when I phoned and spoke to someone in Melbourne was told that once money had been taken it meant they had started processing the application so fingers crossed am still waiting for them to take my money :biggrin::spinny:

Hi there

when I phoned and spoke to someone in Melbourne was told that once money had been taken it meant they had started processing the application so fingers crossed am still waiting for them to take my money :biggrin::spinny:

Oh thanks for that. There is hope and light at the end of the tunnel.:smile:

Guest Liverpool lou

Hi guys. I put my application in about 3 weeks ago and feeling frustrated at the farce AHPRA is. We fly to Brisbane in December and i start my job in January and am now concerned that my registration will not be through in time. I also had the ANMC forward all my documents onto APHRA and am worried that I havent given them enough additional information.

Considering Australia needs nurses APHRA are not helping matters by being completely

useless :arghh:

24th of August, yes 24th August, I sent APHRA a message, and just today I get a reply to my query. Thats over 1 month to reply, how bad is that, but i am still hopeful it will be sorted soon.:

The service is just so shocking. I am going to write a letter of complaint today, firstly using the online complaints section, but i am also going to post the letter.

The frustration of my life being on hold until they take their fingers out their a**e's is becoming too much. I am starting to get really down and despondent with the whole thing.

Does anyone know if i can just go to oz on a holiday visa, do a bit of travelling until my 457 visa comes through, or do i have to be out of the country for that to happen ???

:arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh:

Morty,

I am feeling much the same as you. I have been nice so far but now i am so fed up and the whole thing is making me feel down and out.

I am not sure about the travelling part though. i would email DIAC and ask them or call them. Dont see why you could not get the visa over there.

Guest Irvingsago

Update from me. They've finally taken my money too. Applied 12th July. Not heard anything so hopefully it should all be ok. We're taking the plunge anyway, moving to Brisbane on 30th Nov- no jobs lined up but with registration I'll be fine.

I've written letters and done the whole complaints section thing, which eventually got me a response from Melbourne office. Then I at least had a contact who I email intermittently. I've written to the Australian embassy in London, notified DIAC (who were willing to extend our IED). Last week I've written to Anne Copeland (Chair of NUrsing & Midwifery Board). I think everyone should continue writing letters and emails to all authorities to continue applying pressure on them.

It's no consolation to all of us losing our sleep but at least I think things are moving and will get there SLOWLY. However I'm begining to realise that Australians do take things SLOWLY. Perhaps we should get used to it now. Dare I add a smile :twitcy:

Guest Shane&Lynn
Update from me. They've finally taken my money too. Applied 12th July. Not heard anything so hopefully it should all be ok. We're taking the plunge anyway, moving to Brisbane on 30th Nov- no jobs lined up but with registration I'll be fine.

I've written letters and done the whole complaints section thing, which eventually got me a response from Melbourne office. Then I at least had a contact who I email intermittently. I've written to the Australian embassy in London, notified DIAC (who were willing to extend our IED). Last week I've written to Anne Copeland (Chair of NUrsing & Midwifery Board). I think everyone should continue writing letters and emails to all authorities to continue applying pressure on them.

It's no consolation to all of us losing our sleep but at least I think things are moving and will get there SLOWLY. However I'm begining to realise that Australians do take things SLOWLY. Perhaps we should get used to it now. Dare I add a smile :twitcy:

Yes we were thinking about doing the same. We have friends over there who went out 2 years ago on a 457 visa. They have said that we need to get our medicals done here first. So as soon as we have notification of a case officer and file number we can get the medicals done and then go on over and wait for the 457. The only concern is that a visitor visa only lasts for 3 months and if the 457 visa takes longer than that then we would have to leave australia again. It could turn into a costly exercise.

Shane:confused:

Guest AHPRA Team

Hi,

We're from AHPRA. We've been reading your blog and see how frustrated you are with timelines and process, and how much confusion there is about the Nursing and Midwifery Board's requirements. We hope this information helps:

- Timelines. You should allow 4 - 6 weeks for new registration applications to be processed. We don't always meet this target (complex and or incomplete applications can take more time) but this is our aim. Complete applications which meet all the Board's requirements take the least time to process.

- Backlogs. You're right. Unfortunately not all applications made to previous Australian nursing and midwifery boards were processed before the start of the new scheme on 1 July. This meant there were a significant number of applications from internationally qualified nurses that needed to be reassessed against the new national board's registration standards and the requirements of the National Law. These requirements are designed to increase public safety and many of them involve scrutiny or assessment by external organisations. This takes time. Also, some internationally qualified nurses applied to a number of Australian State Boards before 1 July, and AHPRA has had to assess these and cull the duplicates.

- Recognition of qualifications. On September 14, the NMBA set a clear, nationally consistent framework for assessing applications from internationally qualified nurses and midwives. AHPRA is now processing applications from internationally qualified nurses and midwives against this framework. If you want to know more about this visit www.nursingmidwiferyboard.gov.au/News/Update-for-international-nurses.aspx<http://www.nursingmidwiferyboard.gov.au/News/Update-for-international-nurses.aspx>

- English language registration standard. No IELTS is required for nurses qualified in the UK (and other listed countries) who did their secondary education in English. This is consistent with the requirements of other National Health Practitioner Boards. State AHPRA offices will apply this interpretation to the Nursing and Midwifery Board's English language skills registration standard.

Thanks for your patience as we work through some of the early issues with the implementation of Australia's national registration and accreditation scheme. Remember, the big advantage of national registration is that you will be able to register once and practice throughout Australia, with Western Australia expected to join the scheme shortly.

We hope this helps. We'll be monitoring this blog to see if there is other information we can provide that will be useful. So keep those questions coming!

The AHPRA Team

Hi,

We're from AHPRA. We've been reading your blog and see how frustrated you are with timelines and process, and how much confusion there is about the Nursing and Midwifery Board's requirements. We hope this information helps:

- Timelines. You should allow 4 - 6 weeks for new registration applications to be processed. We don't always meet this target (complex and or incomplete applications can take more time) but this is our aim. Complete applications which meet all the Board's requirements take the least time to process.

- Backlogs. You're right. Unfortunately not all applications made to previous Australian nursing and midwifery boards were processed before the start of the new scheme on 1 July. This meant there were a significant number of applications from internationally qualified nurses that needed to be reassessed against the new national board's registration standards and the requirements of the National Law. These requirements are designed to increase public safety and many of them involve scrutiny or assessment by external organisations. This takes time. Also, some internationally qualified nurses applied to a number of Australian State Boards before 1 July, and AHPRA has had to assess these and cull the duplicates.

- Recognition of qualifications. On September 14, the NMBA set a clear, nationally consistent framework for assessing applications from internationally qualified nurses and midwives. AHPRA is now processing applications from internationally qualified nurses and midwives against this framework. If you want to know more about this visit www.nursingmidwiferyboard.gov.au/News/Update-for-international-nurses.aspx<http://www.nursingmidwiferyboard.gov.au/News/Update-for-international-nurses.aspx>

- English language registration standard. No IELTS is required for nurses qualified in the UK (and other listed countries) who did their secondary education in English. This is consistent with the requirements of other National Health Practitioner Boards. State AHPRA offices will apply this interpretation to the Nursing and Midwifery Board's English language skills registration standard.

Thanks for your patience as we work through some of the early issues with the implementation of Australia's national registration and accreditation scheme. Remember, the big advantage of national registration is that you will be able to register once and practice throughout Australia, with Western Australia expected to join the scheme shortly.

We hope this helps. We'll be monitoring this blog to see if there is other information we can provide that will be useful. So keep those questions coming!

The AHPRA Team

Thanks for the information :spinny:

I have been waiting something like 26 weeks since my initial application and about 15 weeks since the new system was introduced on the 1st July - that seems to be a little bit too long? Does this mean i am now being reassessed again? Oh god i hope not !!!!!

Guest smileykylie

funnily enough I spoke to AHPRA in melbourne today and was telling them about the UK nurses frustration and the impact it was having on them and job offers. Did not mention this forum - but what a coincedence!!

Guest Jo and Dave

I do hope this initial input will continue into regular updates !!

I have now contacted AHPRA though various channels and all I want to know is that the application and documentation has been recieved !!!

I have recieved NO real comfort from them so far, they don't appear to have a system in place to LOG all incoming applications, which given the complexity and cost to generate the required documentation is woefully inadequate and in my honest opinion UN-PROFESSIONAL !!!

I have never encountered such blatant disregard for the amount of effort required to simply achieve registration then to be told " we don't know if we hae your paperwork or not" wait for 90 days if you hear nothing assume the worst and you will need to re-apply !!!

This is UNACCEPTABLE ! Why can't they simply tell me the paperwork has been recieved ???? I can wait for the actual registration but NOT knowing if I am even going to be assessed is killing me !!

I will keep pushing AHPRA, I will keep writing and phoning until they tell me they have my paperwork.

AHPRA if you read this SORT IT OUT, even a business recieving ANY documentation would at the very LEAST log the incomng mail/applications, it isn't difficult you are playing with PEOPLE's lives, feelings and above all you are supposed to be HELPING NOT hindering !!!!

Guest kate dodds

hi all,

I think its great that AHPRA have got involved in this blog, and will hopefully keep supplying some information for us, fingers crossed it all gets moving for everyone, and soon we will all be nursing in oz xx

Guest Pamela and Brian
24th of August, yes 24th August, I sent APHRA a message, and just today I get a reply to my query. Thats over 1 month to reply, how bad is that, but i am still hopeful it will be sorted soon.:daydreaming::daydreaming:

Hi Helen,

sorry if i am being a pain in the arse. I sent you a private message (well i think i did lol) i have finally figured things out and i have my skills assessment from the ANMC eventually. I am defo going state sponsorship and i am in the process of getting things together. I know you said a photocopy of the application would be sufficient and postage receipt so i will do that. When i was looking at the application it was asking for certified documents of things that was previously sent to the ANMC. Did you request the ANMC to forward these? or did you send anything along with your application to AHPRA?

Thanks so much, Pam x (feeling stressed at the moment).:arghh:

AHPRA,

Thank you for your information.

I was informed that although my application was received before July the 1st and not processed that my application will still be assessed on new guidelines.

I have been waiting like Morty for over 24 weeks now and now have been told that I could be waiting for up to 12 weeks to have mine processed.

A few people on here are jobless in England and Australia, have jobs waiting for them yet there are no straight answers given to us?

Hi Everyone,

It's good to hear that AHPRA have got involved with this blog.

I telephoned APHRA last night for the fourth time and finally spoke to someone who actually helped me. The gentleman said that international applications have only began being processing over the past few weeks. I was told that my application had been received and is also being processed. I was asked to ring back on friday for further information regarding my case officer.

Initial application to NBV may 2010, reapplyed to APHRA Beginning of Aug 2010, Job supposed to commence Beginning of Oct.

I do hope this initial input will continue into regular updates !!

I have now contacted AHPRA though various channels and all I want to know is that the application and documentation has been recieved !!!

I have recieved NO real comfort from them so far, they don't appear to have a system in place to LOG all incoming applications, which given the complexity and cost to generate the required documentation is woefully inadequate and in my honest opinion UN-PROFESSIONAL !!!

I have never encountered such blatant disregard for the amount of effort required to simply achieve registration then to be told " we don't know if we hae your paperwork or not" wait for 90 days if you hear nothing assume the worst and you will need to re-apply !!!

This is UNACCEPTABLE ! Why can't they simply tell me the paperwork has been recieved ???? I can wait for the actual registration but NOT knowing if I am even going to be assessed is killing me !!

I will keep pushing AHPRA, I will keep writing and phoning until they tell me they have my paperwork.

AHPRA if you read this SORT IT OUT, even a business recieving ANY documentation would at the very LEAST log the incomng mail/applications, it isn't difficult you are playing with PEOPLE's lives, feelings and above all you are supposed to be HELPING NOT hindering !!!!

Try ringing again and asking to speak to a the person in the actual office where you sent your application. I sent my application to Melbourne as stated on the end of the application so when I rang they transferred me to Victoria office. I'm not sure where the call centre is, that you actually ring. But the office was able to tell me that they had received my application and paperwork from ANMC. A few days later the money had be taken from my visa card account. I am still waiting mind but still hopeful....It's been 6 weeks now so should be any day soon....:daydreaming:

x Helen

Guest nurseannie

Hi - I am in the UK and recently applied for reg with AHPRA, sent emails and got no reply re my application however after two phone calls I managed to speak to some one who knew what they were talking about and within five minutes had an emailing my application was being prosessed (enabling my sponsorship visa to be lodged) and a week later they have taken my payment for the application which I can only hope is a good sign? Persevere with speaking to someone it paid off for me.

Archived