Any nurse here or in uk awaiting AHPRA registration? I applied with QNC...

Guest annieross

Guest Jo and Dave

I've spoken to the office in Victoria 4 times now Helen, each time been told they cannot tell me whether they have received my application! very frustrating isn't it! but I will keep calling and eventually I will get that same person you spoke to nurseannie, thats good news xxx

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AT LAST !!!!!! Well finally we have the definitive answer that we have been wanting for what seems months, NO IELTS for English educated nurses !!!! Filling out the application with one hand and writing this with the other !!!!!!!! The OH is so relieved................Thanks AHPRA please continue with your posts on PIO.............

AT LAST !!!!!! Well finally we have the definitive answer that we have been wanting for what seems months, NO IELTS for English educated nurses !!!! Filling out the application with one hand and writing this with the other !!!!!!!! The OH is so relieved................Thanks AHPRA please continue with your posts on PIO.............

So pleased for you both. It's such a stressful time........Damned IELTS...

Hi everyone,

I am also waiting for my registration (applied to register for Victoria) and sent my paperwork about 6, maybe 7 weeks ago now.

I have tried contacting AHPRA several times to see if they have at least recieved my application, and to just make sure that they have everything they need so I can if necessary send anything else they may need. However, with a phonebill of £22 I am still none the wiser as whoever I have spoken to says that they don't deal with my enquiry or have supposedly checked the system and nothing comes up with my name. Most of the people I have spoken to have been extremely rude or plain unhelpful on the phone too. I have even left a message on someones answer phone pleading them to get back to me, but still not heard anything!

I am supposed to start my new job at the Alfred, Melbourne on 8 November so getting quite worried now that I can't start work until I have got my registration. We leave the UK on 4 October. It is very frustrating as well as worrying for various reasons.

I hope that AHPRA get their act together soon!

Just to let you know I also have a job in The Alfred Hospital, commencing also on the 8th November.... might see you in moving and handling then.... I am still waiting for my registration with AHPRA, I sent paperwork in september, being optimistic I can start,.... actually flying on the 31st October and I will be at the AHPRA's office's to enquiry about my registration.... very frustrating!!!!!

Keep up!:wink:

Rafa

Guest Jo and Dave

Finally got some sense from AHPRA !! Woohoo !!

They have my application, it is confirmed, just now got to wait for the registration !!

I spoke to the contact centre, asked to be transfered to the Victoria office and BINGO !! Spoke to a wonderful and helpful individual, she confirmed they had recieved confirmation from the NMC and that the application was also recieved.

I know they are learning the hard way and now we must give them time to sort things out, it does strike me though that each case is individual and it is a very patchy service people seem to recieve from AHPRA.

I have had a traumatic week fretting that my application was lost because I was advised (wrongly) that AHPRA can't track an application, well that is wrong, they DO take a note of mail coming in and forms/applications are logged so again mis-information which I was given by an AHPRA representative !!

Hey ho, the wait continues

Guest Jo and Dave
That great news jo, at last!! did they say how long it would be to process ? fingers crossed it wil be soon xx

Its with the registration team is all I know.... but I will be chasing it everyday and they will get sick of me ringing and hopefully process it :biglaugh:

God help my phone bill :swoon:

Its with the registration team is all I know.... but I will be chasing it everyday and they will get sick of me ringing and hopefully process it :biglaugh:

God help my phone bill :swoon:

will you keep us up to date. I'm going to ring in the morning and see how mine is getting on. They took my money last week. Half afraid to ring though just in case they ask for more info...... Don't think so though.

Will you know how i get on. Gonna ask about processing time.

Guest AHPRA Team

Hi

Glad your appreciate our entry to the blogosphere.

It's hard to respond to individual information requests through this blog. However, despite the apparent silence from our end, our registration teams are making inroads into applications and will get back to everyone who has sent in an application as soon as we can.

We recognise that it's a huge move to think about moving across the world and we are certainly not trying to make it more difficult. But the new national law, that underpins the national scheme that came into effect on 1 July, is built around public safety and there are a range of new processes in place as a result. These include criminal history checks, validation of qualifications and identification. At the same time as we are working through overseas applications, we are focused on processing applications for some of the 500,000 health practitioners whose registration in Australia is progressively due for renewal.

As we said last time, we do have a backlog of applications that were made and not processed before the start of the national scheme. We are working through these. Once we get on top of this, we think overseas applicants should expect a four to six week application turnaround. We understand that Australian nurses applying to work in the UK are looking at about a four month turnaround so we are not doing too badly compared to the Poms!. We're also looking at developing a system so people can track the progress of their application through our system - but that will take a bit of time to put in place.

In the meantime, it's worth checking your copy of your application and making sure that what you have sent to AHPRA is complete and meets the registration requirements of the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia. This is probably most important if you applied before 1 July.

Thanks for your patience,

The AHPRA Team.

Guest Jo and Dave

Hello again AHPRA,

Are you a direct employee of AHPRA ??

I am asking because I think your previous statement seems like a *** for tat sort of response ?

Just because it may take up to 4 months for an overseas applicant to become registered to practice in the UK (I am not sure if it does or does not but is irrelevant anyway). This does not justify your own time lines, I totally appreciate the transition from state to national has and will continue to be a difficult challenge for you BUT we all agree so far as international applicants are concerned you have so far been woefully inadequate, your policies have been at best confusing to downright non existent.

I do understand that the priority is to have the Australian registrations transferred as quickly as possible to avoid any possible issues, this is a GIVEN but so far there appears to be a gulf in difference between what you are saying and what is actually happening.

I do hope this changes.

Just been given the biggest kick in the face EVER - and im angry, frustrated and upset !!!

I received this email : Please note due to the transition to the National Registration and Accreditation Scheme on 1 July 2010, in order to process the application for registration received by Nurses Board of Victoria under the Health Professions Registration Act 2005 all applicants are required to complete some additional requirements. We have sent correspondence in regards to this to your previous address on 23 September 2010. We will resend this to your new address however in order to speed up the application process we have attached a copy of the letter and supporting information sent. Please read through the attachments and if you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me.

I have had numerous emails and made phone calls over the last 3 months and not once had they mentioned filling in a new application form. :arghh:

So basically it feels like i am back at square one ! Gonna get hammered tonight !!!!

Does anyone know about the indemnity insurance they are now asking for ?? Where do i get this at a reasonable price. Also they state if i cant provide evidence from cat D on the proof of identity i can only get a letter saying i am eligible for registration and then have to turn up in person to the AHPRA Office .

I am so so so so so so so :realmad: ANGRY :realmad:

Hi al, i have been in Brisbane since may waiting on my registration, calling into the ofice and ringing makes no difference as they don't seem to care! i went to the union who were really good and as of Tuesday i am now registered and can start work on Monday :biggrin:

i strongly recommend getting the union involved as i really believe i would stil be waiting had it not been for them.

Good luck

Guest snowgoose

oh %^$%.

I actually registered with QNC 2 years ago but then my MIL developed terminal cancer and we basically let everything slide which at the time included my reg. When I checked with QLD they said to reactivate when I got here...and now.....there's all this and it looks as though I need to reregister. if I'd known that I'd have got paperwork whilst I was in the UK. Im not , I'm now on the Sunshine Coast. ugh. Think I'll go and work in a supermarket instead :(

oh %^$%.

I actually registered with QNC 2 years ago but then my MIL developed terminal cancer and we basically let everything slide which at the time included my reg. When I checked with QLD they said to reactivate when I got here...and now.....there's all this and it looks as though I need to reregister. if I'd known that I'd have got paperwork whilst I was in the UK. Im not , I'm now on the Sunshine Coast. ugh. Think I'll go and work in a supermarket instead :(

I think it's different if you are just reactivating as you don't need your skills assessed etc.I hope you get things sorted quickly

Claire

which union did you go to ?

My case is different because I come from France and so they still don't know how to handle my application. It is very frustrating

Guest snowgoose
I think it's different if you are just reactivating as you don't need your skills assessed etc.I hope you get things sorted quickly

Claire

hope so but when I try to find out I keep getting redirected to the whole package . It was a nightmare getting it all the first time, I really hope I don't have to get it all again :cry:

I found some phone numbers earlier in the thread. I'll try ringing someone tomorrow and hope that they don't give me an automated mailing response.If the emails being sent out aren't automated, they certainly feel that way.:wideeyed:

hope so but when I try to find out I keep getting redirected to the whole package . It was a nightmare getting it all the first time, I really hope I don't have to get it all again :cry:

I found some phone numbers earlier in the thread. I'll try ringing someone tomorrow and hope that they don't give me an automated mailing response.If the emails being sent out aren't automated, they certainly feel that way.:wideeyed:

Are you in Australia? You could call into the AHPRA office although you will probably get the more sense from the union. I called one of the numbers that was posted earlier in the thread and got through to the area manager for queensland and he was not impressed I had his number! I think they all have answers they are told to give either verbally or in email and they all contain the phrase we can not put a timescale on it!!

Good luck

Claire

Guest lesleyawalsh

They have had all my suff since August still in a queue waiting for allocation, i'M taking the same tack I call every week and ask to be put through to Melbourne.

Just been given the biggest kick in the face EVER - and im angry, frustrated and upset !!!

I received this email : Please note due to the transition to the National Registration and Accreditation Scheme on 1 July 2010, in order to process the application for registration received by Nurses Board of Victoria under the Health Professions Registration Act 2005 all applicants are required to complete some additional requirements. We have sent correspondence in regards to this to your previous address on 23 September 2010. We will resend this to your new address however in order to speed up the application process we have attached a copy of the letter and supporting information sent. Please read through the attachments and if you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me.

I have had numerous emails and made phone calls over the last 3 months and not once had they mentioned filling in a new application form. :arghh:

So basically it feels like i am back at square one ! Gonna get hammered tonight !!!!

Does anyone know about the indemnity insurance they are now asking for ?? Where do i get this at a reasonable price. Also they state if i cant provide evidence from cat D on the proof of identity i can only get a letter saying i am eligible for registration and then have to turn up in person to the AHPRA Office .

I am so so so so so so so :realmad: ANGRY :realmad:

Morty,

I got this letter sent to me as well. They sent me an email to say there was a letter and new application form in the post and I needed to get the new application form and requirements to be eligible to register.

I sent it all of then I called they said they had received it and then told me it will take up to 90 days to process. I nearly screamed down the phone at them as said been waiting like you since early 2010.

In regards to indemnity insurance find out if the company that is going to employ you have insurance that covers you. the hospital I will be based at said they had insurance to cover all health care workers so I sent a copy of that.

Guest Jo and Dave
Well Jo,

Race against time..... Lets see which 1 of us gets processed and how long it takes. They took my money last week. Still waiting.:err:

Helen

I'm sure yours will be soon now Helen, we have been told new applications are taking 3-4weeks !!!!??? :huh:

BUT.........They obviously have longer weeks then we do :biglaugh:

Archived