Any nurse here or in uk awaiting AHPRA registration? I applied with QNC...

Guest annieross

Hi Hellsbells712 and everyone :-)

Congrats to all who have thier visa's !!

Did you need to apply to AHPRA for professional registration and get a letter stating you are 'Eligible to Register' to apply for State Sponsorship and also to process your 176 offshore PR visa application or can that be left until such a time as the visa is granted ?

Sorry lots of questions.

I have academic IELTS 8.5 and a +ve ANMC skills assessment. I havn't applied to AHPRA yet as waiting for Victoria to release their SMP then I'm going to apply for SMP. If successful I was then going to apply for the registration. Can it be done that way around or do I need ANMC and AHPRA to submit a visa application.

If anyone knows id be very greatful :-S

Cheers

Chris :-)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest kate dodds

Hi Helen,

were actually going on 457 sponsorship visa through mu husbands new job he's a civil engineer it's a 4 year temp visa, but if we love it there we wil then apply for citizenship.

To our surprise the visa only got lodged with immigration last Thursday so exactly a week!!! We were really shocked they originally said 2-4 weeks.

Guest lesleyawalsh

whoohoo got an email saying my letter of eligibilty in in the post, took my money 2 weeks ago so not bad, application recieved aug 24th.

whoohoo got an email saying my letter of eligibilty in in the post, took my money 2 weeks ago so not bad, application recieved aug 24th.

Oh my timeline is very similar. Received my application around the same time but took my money about 4 weeks ago. Just waiting another 10 mins or so, than going to ring them.

There is hope for me.

Well done...This is great news.

x helen

Guest Jo and Dave
Hi ya, well I have got through to AHPRA again........ Processing has commenced. Told to ring back in 2 weeks and case officer should be able to discuss if any problems and when application will be completed.

So none the wiser and still having to wait. Boooo :sad:

That's good news Helen :biggrin:

Mine was around the same time and it's still in the queue to be processed :mad:

Hopefully mine is under yours!

Keep us updated xxx

anyone going out on 457 visa?

me! quickest way to get there, but now not so sure thanks to Ahpra :arghh:

... Well, removal company have been today to empty the house, and will be arriving on the 1st November as my partner also starts working in Melbourne in the 8th.... I still don't have my registration, therefore I have no visa, just got told this week I could have been included in my partner's visa from the beginning.... I'm actually stuck as the timeframe will no allow them to include me and we have shreded all paperwork/statements that prove we have live together for eight years....

I am hoping AHPRA are nice and process my application next week, otherwise I might be stuck in immigration in Melbourne!!!! I have my tourist visa but will that be enough to convince them that I know I can't work until I get registration/457 visa???? I'm getting well worried!!! Any advice?????

Guest kate dodds

yer im going on my husbands 457 visa as it was quicker then going down the nursing route, good job now, stil shocked it only took 7 days so thats great for everyone who has there registration the visa process seems pretty quick and organised.

Guest kate dodds

is it possible you could ring immigration and see if they could help you out ? poor you what a nightmare. your tourist visa shud be ok to get you in the country then hopefully u can swop over to a proper visa when ur there , hope it all works out x

Seriously thinking we may look at going out on 457 visa until 176 comes through. Would need to come off shore before validating but we have friends in New Zealand,could go off shore to see them so thinking about it. I do have a 457 job offer in Greenslopes still waiting for me if I want it.....:unsure::v_SPIN:

Problem is still need that damn registration. Come on AHPRA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:biglaugh:

That's good news Helen :biggrin:

Mine was around the same time and it's still in the queue to be processed :mad:

Hopefully mine is under yours!

Keep us updated xxx

me! quickest way to get there, but now not so sure thanks to Ahpra :arghh:

Hi Jo,

Yea hopefully we should processed soon. Lesleyawalsh got her's yesterday and she applied around the same time as us and had her money taken only 2 weeks ago.Might be lucky to get it before Christmas....:biggrin::santatrumpet:

Well, even though AHPRA have said ring back in 2 weeks, as they are so organised.....NOT !!! I have still hope that I might get a letter in the post before then.

Well low and behold...I got so excited when the postman delivered me a letter this morning with AIRMAIL stamped on it from AHPRA.... So I opened it with great excitement only to find the damn receipt for payment which was taken on 22nd September.:sad: I already knew payment had been taken..I look at my visa bills. I don't need a receipt to tell me that. So no, no registration yet.

yep, me too !!! My immigration lawyer (given to me by my employer) had already submitted my application and just need the letter as proof of my qualification and ability to work in oz. My employer thinks that it should be approved quickly as they are desperate for nurses.

Perhaps immigration could tell the AHPRA that the country are desperate !! LOL

:jiggy:

Guest Shane&Lynn
is it possible you could ring immigration and see if they could help you out ? poor you what a nightmare. your tourist visa shud be ok to get you in the country then hopefully u can swop over to a proper visa when ur there , hope it all works out x

We queeried this with australia house but they said to get a tourist visa you must have the intension to leave Oz. So can't go to Oz on tourist visa to wait for 457.

Guest ianlizzy
Hi

I'm off to Melbourne. Just posted my application to AHPRA.

Hope to be there early next year. I have a job as a psychiatric nurse out there.

Nessie :smile:

Good luck to any nurse registering in Oz ya gonna need it!

My wife sent her first nursing registration application to Victoria on the 5th of Feb 2010, eight months down the line she was asked to filled out a new application form out!

And now once more we wait again,

So if i was you i would apply as soon as and hopefully you will get your registration some time in 2012?

Guest Jo and Dave

God, I get so tired of typing the same s**t about AHPRA.

I again have made contact with them, I get the same statement trotted out....not being processed yet.....can take up to 90 days.....

BUT what I don't get is how they are saying they are doing the applications in date order yet they can't tell me what date they are up to ????

Simple enough question and a fair one at that so why the great mystery ????

I have asked them more than once directly what date are you up to ?? I get nothing .........

I have tried every avenue in contacting AHPRA they are just simply trotting out the same stuff to me AARRRGGGHHHHH !!!!

I am a very patient person normally BUT with all that has gone oin with AHPRA so far I don't think anyone could blame me for my scepticism when it comes to their policies and procedures. Not once have I had an empathetic AHPRA staff member........well I did have one once but even that contact is now reverting to type and trotting out the same bull that I just have to wait.

They are advertising for staff, should I apply for a job, infiltrate the ranks and get some work done for them ??? (or us more to the point).

Guest ianlizzy

Dave,

We even got a local oz mp to ring to see if he could speed things up for us. But they even flobbed him off saying we had not sent all the paperwork in! We have communications to prove otherwise.

Like you am a pateint man but after nine months I'm starting to get a little cross

I phoned them up last night and they said that they are dealing with the applications from the beginning of September..... I sent mine the 10th.... I hope they hurry up as my visa is pending registration and I'm due to arrive in Oz on the 1st November!!!!

Guest Jo and Dave

Hi guys some people state they have had some joy getting the union involved, does anyone know which would be the best union in WA to contact, surely this is fast becoming an issue, how many others are out there in the same boat ?? Surely if you was one of the unfortunates that applied to the state board before it crossed over to AHPRA and then had to re-apply that you guys SHOULD be a priority ??? Even that doesn't appear to be happening.

AHPRA joined this forum a while back "apparently" I have my doubts to that actually being AHPRA as they have said so little on here it has to be a member just pretending for some daft reason ???

Surely if an MP contacts them and they don't do anything what chance do us foreigners have ????

If the hospitals are that desperate for staff surely the unions would have something to say about this, again if there is enough of us surely someone would take the cause on and find a way of placing pressure on AHPRA to at the very least give us some other indication to timeframes OTHER than the standard 90 day patter as that is useless !!!

Guest ianlizzy
I phoned them up last night and they said that they are dealing with the applications from the beginning of September..... I sent mine the 10th.... I hope they hurry up as my visa is pending registration and I'm due to arrive in Oz on the 1st November!!!!

I really really hope you get your registration in time, but the way this registration board works the time scale may be a little optimistic

Guest rozzy82

hahahah I would at some point like things to ease for me.

Job starts 8th Novemeber - my visa case officer is on holiday until the 15th November

My dilemma is my brother is getting married on 18th december and I want to go to his wedding as I am bridesmaid (i signed up to this ages ago).

My work said I can put my start date back to 6th December but that then means i will definately not be able to go to his wedding as I would have only just started.

Because AHPRA were so slow I could not start on my original start date when it would have been fine for me to go and watch my brother get married

Fantastic AHPRA - I have my eligibility letter but hey you messed up my life thanks very much

Guest ianlizzy

My wifes new hospital offer her a job in early feb this year and we are still waiting registration, i cannot believe how great her new employee's are being as they are keeping the job open for her.

I hope you have the same luck

Guest FAMILYSTONE

I have my 'Letter of Eligibility'. In my opinion ringing AHPRA is a waste of time, the customer service team just hand out the same advice. I waited months because of the switchover from the NBV. I finally had success when I sent my enquiry on the AHPRA website to the complaints department. My application was dealt with straight away after this. When you are given a Case Officer you then have a point of contact, mine was great and emailed back all my queries immediately. Dont waste time and money calling AHPRA until you have a C.O. Good luck to everyone still waiting.

Archived