Any nurse here or in uk awaiting AHPRA registration? I applied with QNC...

Guest annieross

Guest Irvingsago

I sent my application to Melbourne in July & it was transferred to Brisbane in Spet/Oct apparently at my request (not so). However we're now moving there in 3 weeks so just as well. I phoned AHPRA yesterday at 3am to be told the same old "you'll just have to wait they're very busy", with no regard to how much stress this is putting on me as not long till we move with no job or registration!! Since I applied in July I'm confident it won't be too much longer. At least people are getting their reg through so they're moving on with it. It's just awful luck for all us poor souls who decided to go this year! They could at least be understanding for our situation.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well !!!!!! There may be light at the end of the tunnel.:daydreaming:

Just been onto AHPRA again today. My application is being processed, yes I did know this already but the nice chap John, has confirmed everything is in order with my application and I should be hearing within the next couple of weeks.

I did say I had a job offer and he advised for my future employers to write to them confirming this and it will speed things up.

So this is looking hopeful.:chatterbox:

X Helen

Anyone else had any news recently ??????

Guest sunnyday

I landed in Victoria on the 29th July unregistered as I was planning not to work straight away to get the kids settled etc (OH was going to work which went a bit pear shaped due to licenses etc, anyway thats another story and all sorted now - Phew!) Had no idea I was walking into the AHPRA nightmare so just a bit stressed!! I didn't do my IELTS until 17th July so had the results sent to Vic (copy to me and one to AHPRA). I got them towards the end of August and when I knew I'd passed took my application to the office in Melbourne. Basically just some women on reception who checked your application and didn't have the answers to any questions! So I had seen on here about over seas apps not being processed so phoned every few days to make sure they were, then I spoke to a guy who decided to be honest and told me they weren't being processed - no legislation in place!! Freaked out I asked to be put through to Vic, waited ages and finally got picked up by a women in ACT (?) she sent Vic an email on my behalf explaining that I was onshore and had no means to support myself ! I got a response within a few weeks from a women saying she would look at what was happening with my app and then told me nothing was happening with it lol. I begged her to let me know a timeline as I was worried about the amount of time not working etc (i mean were we looking at weeks, months, years - eek) and she passes it on to her nurse manager. Heard nothing, lost the will to ever nurse in this country. Well I decided to phone a few days ago and was told I had a case officer and they would be in touch shortly! Renewed hope!! A lovely women phoned me today (my case officer) and told me that I have to have a transcript sent from uni with my theoretical and clinical hours on it, apparantly a change in policy for VIC nurses. She said once received they could progress me to next level. Just checked bank and my moneys gone out. I know that this has been an ordeal but finally light at the end of the tunnel - I am a happy bunny!!

Hi

From what im reading you all have had similar problems with Ahprah they are a nightmare.. i find calling them the best and fastest route- they just ignored my online emails for 3 months-- all 6 of them!! I am lucky in that i applied to NBV before the cut off time and was transfered over to ahpra automatically however was not easy to then try and renew in time to apply for 457 visa. application . i was wondering if anyone knew whether i had to have documentation prooving im with AHPRA or will my current certificate of reg with NBV suffice as it is valid? i spose better get it just in case - somehow...

also my second question is about the 457 visa. i have a sponsssorship job offer. Could you let me know please- anyone who has been/going through the process- whether it is REALLY necessary to get employers references for 457 visa as supporting documentation if you are already registered with AHPRA and send a CV and college certificates for VISA application..

on IMMI it doesnt say you have to have reference just it was on the list of things you could provide-- but my nightmare will reccomence if i am asked to get references from my past employers as they are horrible to get a reference from and i cant face all that again- it has taken them 5 months already to get rederences sent in a timely manner for me to actually get a job offer.

good luck everyone

x:hug:

Just for interest...the Uni you graduated with is obliged to provide one free copy of your transcript ( a roughly 6-8 page document showing course content, what grades you got for each module, dates studied etc), after that you have to pay something like 35 quid per copy. As they are busy anyhow, it can take some time for them to produce this, seem to remember it took about 3 weeks to do, and comes on Uni headed paper. For those not done it yet, far easier to get this done whilst still in Uk.

I applied to Vic NB for registraion in Feb 2010, they lost papers, etc, then when changed to AHPPRA had to resubmit new forms, i sent my last pieces of paperwork (proof of PII) a good 6 weeks ago, and still heard nothing. Agent is chasing.

Good Luck to you all....i have to say...trying to migrate is the most stressful thing i have ever done....worse than divorce and moving house...by far!

Hi

From what im reading you all have had similar problems with Ahprah they are a nightmare.. i find calling them the best and fastest route- they just ignored my online emails for 3 months-- all 6 of them!! I am lucky in that i applied to NBV before the cut off time and was transfered over to ahpra automatically however was not easy to then try and renew in time to apply for 457 visa. application . i was wondering if anyone knew whether i had to have documentation prooving im with AHPRA or will my current certificate of reg with NBV suffice as it is valid? i spose better get it just in case - somehow...

also my second question is about the 457 visa. i have a sponsssorship job offer. Could you let me know please- anyone who has been/going through the process- whether it is REALLY necessary to get employers references for 457 visa as supporting documentation if you are already registered with AHPRA and send a CV and college certificates for VISA application..

on IMMI it doesnt say you have to have reference just it was on the list of things you could provide-- but my nightmare will reccomence if i am asked to get references from my past employers as they are horrible to get a reference from and i cant face all that again- it has taken them 5 months already to get rederences sent in a timely manner for me to actually get a job offer.

good luck everyone

x:hug:

Hi ya,

Well regarding references, I've only had to get them I think for my job. New employers have asked for 2 referees.

And if you already have valid registration prior to AHPRA, as long as it is current and for the state which you are going to work in, well then no need to register with AHPRA. Lucky you. I've been waiting since August for mine. Should have it within the next couple of weeks.

Where are you going to be working on a 457 ???

Good luck.

x Helen

Just for interest...the Uni you graduated with is obliged to provide one free copy of your transcript ( a roughly 6-8 page document showing course content, what grades you got for each module, dates studied etc), after that you have to pay something like 35 quid per copy. As they are busy anyhow, it can take some time for them to produce this, seem to remember it took about 3 weeks to do, and comes on Uni headed paper. For those not done it yet, far easier to get this done whilst still in Uk.

I applied to Vic NB for registraion in Feb 2010, they lost papers, etc, then when changed to AHPPRA had to resubmit new forms, i sent my last pieces of paperwork (proof of PII) a good 6 weeks ago, and still heard nothing. Agent is chasing.

Good Luck to you all....i have to say...trying to migrate is the most stressful thing i have ever done....worse than divorce and moving house...by far!

The transript that we have for the OH's Nursing Diploma HE is only a single sided a4 sheet with all the modules on for the course, values, grades, dates and final mark, is this the right one ???? It clearly says university transcript on the heading !!!!

The transript that we have for the OH's Nursing Diploma HE is only a single sided a4 sheet with all the modules on for the course, values, grades, dates and final mark, is this the right one ???? It clearly says university transcript on the heading !!!!

That was what i had and used for my registration - so don't panic.

:biggrin:

Guest Shane&Lynn
I have sent a photocopy of my transcript as I had originals at home!

I can send originals to save money!

I would be carefull sending originals from our experience things can and do go missing. Better to lose a copy than the originals

Shane

Hi ya,

Well regarding references, I've only had to get them I think for my job. New employers have asked for 2 referees.

And if you already have valid registration prior to AHPRA, as long as it is current and for the state which you are going to work in, well then no need to register with AHPRA. Lucky you. I've been waiting since August for mine. Should have it within the next couple of weeks.

Where are you going to be working on a 457 ???

Good luck.

x Helen

hi Helen

thanks for the reply .. Im still woriied that im going to have to suppply references for a 457 visa-- i have not heard anyone say they dont need them i have just read posts over the net where ppl have said they had then sertified ect.. I really cant face approaching ex employers a second time .. Im just praying that you just need to send a CV and ahpra reg as supporting evidence but I really dont know and cant relax about it-- i have trawled the net about this and get no where.. Well good luck with your registration i hope its sorted soon for you. i see yur ion a 176 is that permanent res? Im going to be in Melbourne :yes:

A xx

Guest lesleyawalsh
hi Helen

thanks for the reply .. Im still woriied that im going to have to suppply references for a 457 visa-- i have not heard anyone say they dont need them i have just read posts over the net where ppl have said they had then sertified ect.. I really cant face approaching ex employers a second time .. Im just praying that you just need to send a CV and ahpra reg as supporting evidence but I really dont know and cant relax about it-- i have trawled the net about this and get no where.. Well good luck with your registration i hope its sorted soon for you. i see yur ion a 176 is that permanent res? Im going to be in Melbourne :yes:

A xx

Hi there

I have applied for my 457 visa and ahve not had to supply references from employers just an up to date CV hope this helps

lesley:biggrin:

Guest rozzy82

has anyone had any problems getting there registration after you have arrived in Melbourne.

I went into AHPRA office with my id and police checks as it says on the eligible for registration letter but still they cant register me. Trying to get through to them from this end on the phone is a nightmare because they just dont pick up and waste my money. I dont want to travel to the city everyday

It is really starting to grate on my nerves now as I cant start work because of this stupidity so I am like a sitting duck.

No one can explain why I dont have my registration and to be honest they dont seem to have a clue what they are doing.

They even said i cant have my registration until I have a permanent place if residence here in Melbourne

AHPRA whats wrong with you.....................................

has anyone had any problems getting there registration after you have arrived in Melbourne.

I went into AHPRA office with my id and police checks as it says on the eligible for registration letter but still they cant register me. Trying to get through to them from this end on the phone is a nightmare because they just dont pick up and waste my money. I dont want to travel to the city everyday

It is really starting to grate on my nerves now as I cant start work because of this stupidity so I am like a sitting duck.

No one can explain why I dont have my registration and to be honest they dont seem to have a clue what they are doing.

They even said i cant have my registration until I have a permanent place if residence here in Melbourne

Hi

I was hoping this wouldn't happen !!!

I emailed my contact in AHPRA and explained that i would be in a hotel then temporary accommodation for a further month before getting somewhere permanent and she said that wouldn't be a problem. I should have the email that she sent me if you want me to forward it to you to use as your defence !

Im sure my fun with the AHPRA will also begin very soon as i arrive on Tuesday 23rd :biggrin:

Guest Shane&Lynn

Bloody Hell!!!:arghh:

Just when we thought we had got through the crap, they start messing again!

Really feeling for you.

Hope you get in sorted soon

Guest lesleyawalsh

Hya

just been checking out on the AHPRA site and it states that if you hace arrived in the country prior to 6 weeks you have to supply a proof of residential address but doesn't mention that it needs to be a perminant address. tried to copy and paste but wouldn't let me. bloody hope it gets sorted as i'm going to be in the same boat with no perminant address :unsure:

Luckily I have a permanent address there, but just trying to get registered.

Can you believe it Lesley they are changing there minds on IELTS again!!!!!!

Friend of mine who emigrated to Cairns two months ago now told me tonight he has a student who has just finished and has been told unable to register until February/ March.

Also nursing union in OZ have contacted them, because people all over the world have contacted them regarding AHPRA, being so badly organised and had said no need to do IELTS when english first language.

Might be flying out for xmas very expensive and limited seats!

:confused:

Guest Jo and Dave

There appears to be more goalpost moving by the numpties at AHPRA looks like the IELTS testing has been put BACK on the agenda for overseas applicants, even though the application form even says please include proof of english learning at high school etc...

Dave

Guest lesleyawalsh
Luckily I have a permanent address there, but just trying to get registered.

Can you believe it Lesley they are changing there minds on IELTS again!!!!!!

Friend of mine who emigrated to Cairns two months ago now told me tonight he has a student who has just finished and has been told unable to register until February/ March.

Also nursing union in OZ have contacted them, because people all over the world have contacted them regarding AHPRA, being so badly organised and had said no need to do IELTS when english first language.

Might be flying out for xmas very expensive and limited seats!

:confused:

##

Don't believe it glad i did it now then. i'm flying jan 24th so busy sorting out my visa app is in so that will be sorted by then. have signed up with bank and my atm card will be ready to pick up when i arrive in oz so thats good and goes towards ID. i notced flights are getting more expensive apparently they have or are about to increase the duty on long haul flights which increases the price by a couple of hundred quid, apparently you can save money by flying out of a different european city might be worth a checkout also have you used skyscanner to compare flights i have found them really good. :jiggy:

Guest rozzy82

Unsure if it the same for everyone but I supplied them with a criminal record check from the UK, great but they needed one from oz.

Just managed to get a permanent address yesterday. I advised them I am coming in with it and if they need anything else to please let me know before I arrive

Hopefully will all be sorted and I can work yay

Guest CabbageDan
There appears to be more goalpost moving by the numpties at AHPRA looks like the IELTS testing has been put BACK on the agenda for overseas applicants, even though the application form even says please include proof of english learning at high school etc...

Dave

Other than in discussion here, has anyone been officially told/read that IELTS is back on the agenda? The form still gives option of proving you were educated in English, so surely that's the official line?

Archived