Any nurse here or in uk awaiting AHPRA registration? I applied with QNC...

Guest annieross

Guest loveaussies
I submitted my application to AHPRA which they received 5th October and confirmed they'd received it, via email.

They haven't taken the money from my account yet. Is this usual?

Thanks,

Cath

Mine also same....with them since October....:shocked:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Me too, downside is I am a diploma nurse, sister of an MAU, sounds like I'm going to be demoted to an enrolled and will need to do IELTS. Joke when is this gonna end. Such an emotional rollercoaster!

Guest loveaussies
Me too, downside is I am a diploma nurse, sister of an MAU, sounds like I'm going to be demoted to an enrolled and will need to do IELTS. Joke when is this gonna end. Such an emotional rollercoaster!

I am going to take IELTS anyway in case they ask...failed for writing for .5 (got 6.5) marks b4...

Why demoted to an enrolled????? You've got me worried now. I'm old school trained, no degree or diploma My teaching and assessing course was diploma level. And I do have 17 years experience, 10 of which are at sister level.

Guest loveaussies
Why demoted to an enrolled????? You've got me worried now. I'm old school trained, no degree or diploma My teaching and assessing course was diploma level. And I do have 17 years experience, 10 of which are at sister level.

You will be fine...............dont worry ...........

lots of my friends who had diploma got registration recently and successfully moving to Aussies..

Guest loveaussies
Oh, I got 6.5 in my writing first time. Nightmare. But in the resit I got 9 in the writing. It seems so long ago now. Other problems have shown to torment us recently.

Is it??? I can understand the pressure.....I got 8 for everything else, done a recheck...but result was same....

why do you say you will have to do the IELTS Sam ? Have you heard something from AHPRA? I'm staying optimistic, they received the application on Monday so fingers crossed....

Mine also same....with them since October....:shocked:

I sent mine on sept 10 and they received it on the 21st.... moved to Melbourne on the 1st november... on the 15th november i went in and they tell me that it is on date order and that they were assessing the ones from the 16th september... so i though that in a week or so they would reach mine....? how mistaken!!! 3 weeks after and I had to go to the office again personally and they could not tell me what date they were up to, but "the second person in charge would look at mine personally", how weird.... They have not taken my money, nor told me if anything else is needed, nor given me a case officer. I see in this website many people that say that they have taken the money straight away and they have case officers.... this is such a disorganized organization, it's embarrassing!!!

I should have started at work a month ago, i have already attended the induction day and starting to meet all my colleagues but I CANNOT WORK!!!!!!

Will phone them up now to see what excuse they come up with now.....

Guest loveaussies
I sent mine on sept 10 and they received it on the 21st.... moved to Melbourne on the 1st november... on the 15th november i went in and they tell me that it is on date order and that they were assessing the ones from the 16th september... so i though that in a week or so they would reach mine....? how mistaken!!! 3 weeks after and I had to go to the office again personally and they could not tell me what date they were up to, but "the second person in charge would look at mine personally", how weird.... They have not taken my money, nor told me if anything else is needed, nor given me a case officer. I see in this website many people that say that they have taken the money straight away and they have case officers.... this is such a disorganized organization, it's embarrassing!!!

I should have started at work a month ago, i have already attended the induction day and starting to meet all my colleagues but I CANNOT WORK!!!!!!

Will phone them up now to see what excuse they come up with now.....

AHPRA is such a shame...I have to rethink about my move to Aussies....In England you will never face anything like this

AHPRA is such a shame...I have to rethink about my move to Aussies....In England you will never face anything like this

I actually emailed them telling them that.... i do regret the email as I was really angry... makes me wonder if that's why mine hasn't been assessed yet!!!

Oh !!!!! Don't hold your breath. Mine still not assessed. Brisbane received it 22 september. Money taken 26 Sept. Nearly 90 days now, may have to quote that to them next time I speak to them. I do have a case officer.

Lost the will to live :sad:

AT LEAST THEY TOOK YOUR MONEY.....!!!! They haven't taken mine yet!!!

Where did you send your application? Mine is at Melbourne and they say they received it on 7th Oct so hopefully it'll be assessed soon! Have you had any progress over the past few weeks?

I sent mine to Melbourne. They received it on the 21st september and I have just been told they are not even near that date... so frustrating!!! seems i am going to be unemployed for the whole crimbo! oh well.... sunbathing is!!!

Guest lesleyawalsh

Think I was one of the lucky ones had no problem with my application, and found the guys at AHPRA very helpful in the most. Its the same with any new system theres always delays and unfortunatly its the people who want that service hat suffer. But remember the mess that is the NHS the cuts, the job losses, in the trust i work they are not replacing staff when they go just borrowing from other areas, they have stopped agency and rarly use bank instead forcing their own staff to chop and change shifts and to top it all off the one charge nurse post and one senior nurse ost have just been given to social workers!!!! ( i work mental health) What chance is there for nurses. So I think the trials we face in england are far worse than waiting for AHPRA and just as frustrating. this is not meant to critisise just remind. I hope they sort you out soon.:wink:

Think I was one of the lucky ones had no problem with my application, and found the guys at AHPRA very helpful in the most. Its the same with any new system theres always delays and unfortunatly its the people who want that service hat suffer. But remember the mess that is the NHS the cuts, the job losses, in the trust i work they are not replacing staff when they go just borrowing from other areas, they have stopped agency and rarly use bank instead forcing their own staff to chop and change shifts and to top it all off the one charge nurse post and one senior nurse ost have just been given to social workers!!!! ( i work mental health) What chance is there for nurses. So I think the trials we face in england are far worse than waiting for AHPRA and just as frustrating. this is not meant to critisise just remind. I hope they sort you out soon.:wink:

I think they are reviewing all applications, and if like yourself you cover exactly there specific criteria then your application is processed sooner.

Disheartening to say the least, in view of the state of the NHS, more UK nurses will consider emigrating, no reason to stay.

I have such an exceptionally low morale at work, and due to delays of this too, causing major strain on me and my BF who is in Brisbane.

Beginning to think now I will not get there due to having to do an IELTS I am unable to achieve by .5 of a mark!

I am so pleased for you Lesley, but in a way envious, they are missing out on good nurses in Oz.

I am exceptionally well thought of by management and an effective sister on sorting out flow and capacity in medical admissions and day to day management problems.

:arghh::cry:

You will be fine...............dont worry ...........

lots of my friends who had diploma got registration recently and successfully moving to Aussies..

That will be prior to AHPRA being established I am guessing, this is the new guideline for AHPRA, if you refer to criteria will tell you so

:chatterbox:

why do you say you will have to do the IELTS Sam ? Have you heard something from AHPRA? I'm staying optimistic, they received the application on Monday so fingers crossed....

On here a diploma nurse sent her application to AHPRA and they replied back saying although taken your experience in to account all nurses in Oz are degree trained.

IELTS required for proof of academic and english standard and further proof of training education towards degree (modules) etc.

She had sent in September and reply was in November 2010!

:no:

Guest loveaussies
On here a diploma nurse sent her application to AHPRA and they replied back saying although taken your experience in to account all nurses in Oz are degree trained.

IELTS required for proof of academic and english standard and further proof of training education towards degree (modules) etc.

I am taking IELTS next month anyway......and Thank God I got degree......Just waiting for AHPRA s message

I am taking IELTS next month anyway......and Thank God I got degree......Just waiting for AHPRA s message

Lucky you I am Diploma I failed IELTS by .5 on reading.

You should be fine to be honest

Guest loveaussies
Lucky you I am Diploma I failed IELTS by .5 on reading.

You should be fine to be honest

Thanx Sam...Dont worry U will be fine I hope...I failed first time for writing for .5 marks....rest was 8...dont know this time....or I think I will try to NZ..there we can clip IELTS results...

Thanx Sam...Dont worry U will be fine I hope...I failed first time for writing for .5 marks....rest was 8...dont know this time....or I think I will try to NZ..there we can clip IELTS results...

Mine was on reading passing everything else.

what do you mean by clip IELTS?

Guest loveaussies
Mine was on reading passing everything else.

what do you mean by clip IELTS?

Clipping Means

The IELTS scores of 7 in each band do not need to be achieved in a single sitting

of the test. You may choose to sit the test more than once and gain the

necessary scores over a series of tests. The total of seven in each band must be

achieved within 12 months of first sitting the test. means if u got 6.5 in reading this time, then focus on that and pass reading by getting 7 next exam....hope this helps

Guest CarolineS
I sent mine to Melbourne. They received it on the 21st september and I have just been told they are not even near that date... so frustrating!!! seems i am going to be unemployed for the whole crimbo! oh well.... sunbathing is!!!

Oh no, I was hoping you'd have made some progress because then it would mean its nearly my time! Its just so frustrating not been given any timescale. I was advised by email that it will take 'a number of months which may be more than three'....how vague is that! Aaaaargh!

Hi Sam Again,

I think I found the post you were relating to it says

'Further information is required to support your qualification and English language skills'

Does this not just mean that she had to provide proof of her English language skills like we have done ?

Be optimistic, like me !!!! Just found out that my skill is on the WA SMP list so thats a bonus for us, the pressure is off the OH for now !!!!!

Archived