Any nurse here or in uk awaiting AHPRA registration? I applied with QNC...

Guest annieross

Guest lgabriel

Hi everyone, I have finally got my registration through!!! Its only taken since may...I resubmitted my application in Sept and all the new paperwork that had to be resupplied( notarised again incl new nmc letter- more money down the drain!) was sent in Oct. I have kept emailing them, with condescending replies saying be patient and they can't comment on time frames etc....Rang last night and was told I was registered!!!! Checked the data base online and was registered on 22/11/10. I am very upset by the fact that am only registered until may 2011 as that was when my original fee was taken from qld board. However I have not had the benefit of 6 months registration!!! I shouldnt complain as at least it will be in place for our arrival in January. Good luck to everyone waiting. it is an extreemly frustrating process at an already stressful and emotional time. Laura

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lesleyawalsh
Hi everyone, I have finally got my registration through!!! Its only taken since may...I resubmitted my application in Sept and all the new paperwork that had to be resupplied( notarised again incl new nmc letter- more money down the drain!) was sent in Oct. I have kept emailing them, with condescending replies saying be patient and they can't comment on time frames etc....Rang last night and was told I was registered!!!! Checked the data base online and was registered on 22/11/10. I am very upset by the fact that am only registered until may 2011 as that was when my original fee was taken from qld board. However I have not had the benefit of 6 months registration!!! I shouldnt complain as at least it will be in place for our arrival in January. Good luck to everyone waiting. it is an extreemly frustrating process at an already stressful and emotional time. Laura

i'm getting confused why are some people getting registered and some only eligble foor reg? :huh:

Guest lgabriel

I'm not sure if it has anything to do with your visa status? I think they need to verify your immigration status before they will register which is why I think some people are having to go to an ahpra office when they arrive in Oz. If you have a permanent resident visa and can send them proof in your passport then I think they will register you before arrival. I am only gathering this from what others who are awaiting their 457 visa are saying so may be completely wrong!

Guest lesleyawalsh
I'm not sure if it has anything to do with your visa status? I think they need to verify your immigration status before they will register which is why I think some people are having to go to an ahpra office when they arrive in Oz. If you have a permanent resident visa and can send them proof in your passport then I think they will register you before arrival. I am only gathering this from what others who are awaiting their 457 visa are saying so may be completely wrong!

yes that makes sense thanx :biggrin:

After my rant last night, I woke up to an email from the ‘overseas lady’ in the Adelaide office. It stated that she would be able to “get to my assessment in the next few days” and that she will inform me of the outcome.

I really hope that this is positive! I’m not building my hopes up just now though…

Anna

Hi All,

After constant emails, phone calls and a complaint lodged I have finally received my letter for eligibility for registration. Yipee.

Now just have to upload proof of health insurance for 457 and hopefully visa will be processed. We might even make it out there for xmas xx

Guest loveaussies

:chatterbox:Hi All Please Help me...

I send my Application for Nursing Registration to AHPRA Sydney 2 weeks ago, they got it in 3 days( which I knew from DHL tracking) ..BUt they havent taken fee from my credit card yet??

any idea why?? anyone know usually how long it will take to get a reply from them??

once they took the money will they give any refernce number...when I ask NMC UK to send my verification do I get a reference number or just send it with my name and they will sort it out.........please help...

Thanx all:swoon:

Hi loveaussies,

Well, I sent mine on the 10th September, received on the 21st September.... And they still have not taken my money yet.... I don't think it will be long as last week they told me they were assessing the applications from the 16th.... I'd say have patience and call the every week or so....!

Hi All,

After constant emails, phone calls and a complaint lodged I have finally received my letter for eligibility for registration. Yipee.

Now just have to upload proof of health insurance for 457 and hopefully visa will be processed. We might even make it out there for xmas xx

Is it right that you applied on 9/11/10 to AHPRA ?????? If it is I tell ya, Monday I am getting on that blower...... I'll be having a few words, I am getting just a tad fed up with them now.... August I've been waiting since. 457 should be going in within the next couple of weeks. Did you need your registration to submit your 457 or did you just have to provide evidence that you had applied????

Jo, are you out there ???? Have you heard anything yet????

x Helen

Hi loveaussies,

Well, I sent mine on the 10th September, received on the 21st September.... And they still have not taken my money yet.... I don't think it will be long as last week they told me they were assessing the applications from the 16th.... I'd say have patience and call the every week or so....!

16th of when??????? Last year sometime. Apparently I have a case officer but what they are employed to do, who knows??????????

Sorry I am just so fed up !!!!!:hug:

Hi All,

Great news, The 457 visas are apparently only taking a couple of weeks to process. MIne took 3 days, but it had already been processed they were just waiting for the letter from the AHPRA to complete it.

Where are you heading to ?

Guest Liverpool lou

Hi all,

I received confrimation this morning from Aphra that they have done an initial assessment on my application which they say they received on 28th September. Even though I sent in beginning of Sept! They are now asking for a shed load of documents which I thought had already been forwarded onto them from ANMC.

They are asking for 'certified' copies of my transcript and syllabus from my university. Does anybody know if I can photocopy the ones Ive got and have them certified by a notary, or do I have to ask the University to send more out Again? Ive also got to send initial registration from the NMC. I also did all this when I had done my skills assessment and had all my documents forwarded onto them. :mad:

They are also asking for a certificate of good standing. Would a certified copy of my police check I did for our visa do?

My Husband has just asked is it such a good idea emigrating to oz as they seem to do things backwards :arghh:

Thank you in advance for any information

Lesley x

Guest loveaussies

Hi did you send certificate of good standing thru NMC by paying them £34 pounds...Thats a must ..its a shame u have to it all again.....need lots of patience...

Guest Liverpool lou
Hi did you send certificate of good standing thru NMC by paying them £34 pounds...Thats a must ..its a shame u have to it all again.....need lots of patience...

Im not sure if nmc sent a certificate of good standing onto Anmc, I did my skills assessment last year. I know they sent confirmation of intiial registration, but not sure what else was sent.

I dont know if the ANMC have forwarded the original copies or photocopies onto Aphra or photocopies. If photocopies have been sent they wont be certified :arghh:

I sent certified copies of my transcripts by a JOP because I had them filed at home, not going to pay University fees £35 to send direct to AHPRA when a JOP signed and verified.

Letter of good standing I got my matron to do it saying she has known me and said how wonderful I was ! lol

You also have to put in police check in as well.

Also as loveaussies say you need to get NMC for good standing.

Syllabus for Uni I printed off the internet University website and sent it to them. JOP wouldn't sign it. Said they can see off net themselves to confirm official website.

Your IELTS is just about to run out, lucky you got in when you did!

I sent my application October 7th they got receipt of application 19th!

Thanks for the heads up where they are on processing still slow!!!!!!!!!

:frown: :mad:

Hi All,

In your complaint what did you say. Cos it obviously worked, Any advice.

Please, Please !!!!!!!

My employer can't submit my application until I have my registration sorted out which is just going to delay matters even further.

x Helen

hi Helen

thanks for the reply .. Im still woriied that im going to have to suppply references for a 457 visa-- i have not heard anyone say they dont need them i have just read posts over the net where ppl have said they had then sertified ect.. I really cant face approaching ex employers a second time .. Im just praying that you just need to send a CV and ahpra reg as supporting evidence but I really dont know and cant relax about it-- i have trawled the net about this and get no where.. Well good luck with your registration i hope its sorted soon for you. i see yur ion a 176 is that permanent res? Im going to be in Melbourne :yes:

A xx

I know exactly what you mean about ex employers! There were two I left on a bad note they were a nightmare private companies. Luckily contacted the head offices so didn't have to speak to area I worked in thank god! So a lot easier than I thought.

:chatterbox::biglaugh:

In your complaint what did you say. Cos it obviously worked, Any advice.

Please, Please !!!!!!!

My employer can't submit my application until I have my registration sorted out which is just going to delay matters even further.

x Helen

Did you complain then?

I am pretty much in the same boat as you Helen. Just I didn't pass the IELTS reading 6.5 everytime! But luckily sent in when they changed guidelines in August 2010.

So stressed it is ridiculous now effecting me at work, so desperate to go.

:v_SPIN::spinny:

Guest CarolineS

Hi Lesley,

Can I ask where you sent your application to? Mine is at the Melbourne office and I have been advised they received it on 7th October....which means it could be near to getting processed if they have looked at yours which they received at the end of September....fingers crossed! Thanks.

whoo hoo AHPRA eligibility sortede Visa granted today, tickets bought for 24th Jan off to Melbourne, can't wait.

Oh congratulations Lesley so pleased for you.

I sent my application off 7th October they sent a receipt of fees on October 19th.

Not heard anything sent a plea letter for urgency of application. Also e mail and phone calls to what stage process is at. Just told 90 days, then told takes 6 weeks.

Who knows!

I'm not flying out for Christmas spending it here unfortunately.

Guest lesleyawalsh

they are slow but it'll be worth it in the end. the visas are taking 2 weeks to process so thats positive. what office is dealing with your application the caseworker i had was really good, do you know the name of yours

Oh congratulations Lesley so pleased for you.

I sent my application off 7th October they sent a receipt of fees on October 19th.

Not heard anything sent a plea letter for urgency of application. Also e mail and phone calls to what stage process is at. Just told 90 days, then told takes 6 weeks.

Who knows!

I'm not flying out for Christmas spending it here unfortunately.

Seems like it must not be Melbourne.... They are absolutely useless. I went in yesterday and they would not tell me at all where was my application up to, even though two weeks ago they were assessing the ones three days before mine....

Getting really frustrating I will be spending Xmas with no money at all!!!!

Archived