Any nurse here or in uk awaiting AHPRA registration? I applied with QNC...

Guest annieross

God, nothing AHPRA does makes sense to me, it is completely out of control !!! Seems like they just make it up as they go along, I have read that they are expecting up to 30,000 student graduate applications and are even providing a pre-registration process to make it quicker for them but how will this affect everyone else ???

Some people have been waiting months for registration and some people wait weeks how can this possibly be happening ??

Where is the information on REAL timeframes for processing ? The standard 90 day excuse is really NOT on, we need clarity, transparent processes with clear escalation paths, we actually pay for the this and no-one seems botherred that there is a profit involved here it is downight immorale as some people have actually lives, families etc....

Hi Jo,

Well I gather you've still not heard anything?

Me neither.. Gonna ring again on Friday. That will be 2 weeks since they said to ring back in 2 weeks and I could speak to my CO???? Still wait patiently for the post everyday....Still wishful thinking. Is this 90 days from when they receive your application OR is it when they start processing?

Keep in touch.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

8 months! That's crazy for a registration, was that on the QNC?

I'm trying to be positive I agree it is immorale and exceptionally badly organised.

I took approximately 5 months taking IELTS kept failing by .5 on Reading and 9's in everything else spent nearly a £1000 which I didn't have on travelling up and down the country. Stress of passing and getting out to my BF who has been living in Brisbane for 9 months now. To be told they no longer require IELTS! (not complaining mind just have nothing to show for it). But stress and anxiety.

No one is more upset than me, for them taking money I don't have and not delivering.

Sorting out the house now and clearing great for the soul! Ha.

They clearly do not have enough staff to cope with the demand. Their loss!

In the meantime I shall ring them weekly as to the progress of application.

Sam

Guest ianlizzy
8 months! That's crazy for a registration, was that on the QNC?

I'm trying to be positive I agree it is immorale and exceptionally badly organised.

I took approximately 5 months taking IELTS kept failing by .5 on Reading and 9's in everything else spent nearly a £1000 which I didn't have on travelling up and down the country. Stress of passing and getting out to my BF who has been living in Brisbane for 9 months now. To be told they no longer require IELTS! (not complaining mind just have nothing to show for it). But stress and anxiety.

No one is more upset than me, for them taking money I don't have and not delivering.

Sorting out the house now and clearing great for the soul! Ha.

They clearly do not have enough staff to cope with the demand. Their loss!

In the meantime I shall ring them weekly as to the progress of application.

Sam

Yes the IELTS is a pain my wife failed it twice by .5 on the reading, if it true you don't need the IELTS anymore it just makes me even crosser.

Guest lesleyawalsh

I don't know if its dependant on the case officer you get allocated, I sent my application to AHPRA 24th August, they took my money Oct. 10 days later I had a letter off them asking for some extra documentation which I sent back and I recieved my letter of eligibility 27th Oct so the whole process took 2 months. I had my medicals done and forwarded to Sydney a while ago as advised by my migration agent this speeds up the visa process. My application is now lodged woo hoo

Well done you. Thats great news.

Could I just ask when did you do your meds for 457. Did you wait for DIAC to tell you or did you frontload them and how long did it take after you had meds done to getting your visa??? Sorry for all the questions. We submitted 176 in September but have decided to go on 457 til other is granted. Should be having interview this week or next and then can start 457 app.

Enjoy your celebrations!!!:jiggy::jiggy:

Hi

I did my medical about May, but my application for the 457 visa didnt go in until August time, as i had a lawyer given to me by my employer and he sorted it all out.

Once the medical is done i believe they send it direct to the immigration people who match it up with your application. So just get it done ASAP.

Good Luck ! :biggrin:

I don't know if its dependant on the case officer you get allocated, I sent my application to AHPRA 24th August, they took my money Oct. 10 days later I had a letter off them asking for some extra documentation which I sent back and I recieved my letter of eligibility 27th Oct so the whole process took 2 months. I had my medicals done and forwarded to Sydney a while ago as advised by my migration agent this speeds up the visa process. My application is now lodged woo hoo

Hi Lesley,

it's Sam we did IELTS in Wales!

That's fantastic news about your registration, I've just sent a letter asking if mine could be processed before Christmas.

Sent application off for registration 2nd week in October sent receipt of application within 10 days and have allocated someone to my case.

I have sent so much to AHPRA and spent numerous times at magistrates court with the local crims! Lol

so hopefully won't ask for anything.

When are you planning on going to Oz?

So pleased for you.

Do you think I can do medicals now prior to waiting for visa application and registration?

Sam

Guest ianlizzy

Just found this

Contact Us

It does state not to have a medical until asked unless stated in your visa application

Ian

Hi Lesley,

it's Sam we did IELTS in Wales!

That's fantastic news about your registration, I've just sent a letter asking if mine could be processed before Christmas.

Sent application off for registration 2nd week in October sent receipt of application within 10 days and have allocated someone to my case.

I have sent so much to AHPRA and spent numerous times at magistrates court with the local crims! Lol

so hopefully won't ask for anything.

When are you planning on going to Oz?

So pleased for you.

Do you think I can do medicals now prior to waiting for visa application and registration?

Sam

Guest lesleyawalsh
Just found this

Contact Us

It does state not to have a medical until asked unless stated in your visa application

Ian

hi

yes this is the normally the case the exceptions being if you are going to work in a hospital where medicals are required in order to get a visa. as i stated the immigration officer advised me to go ahead in order to speed the process up once your eligibility letter comes through.

Just found this

Contact Us

Ian

Thanks for that.

Still not sure as unable to apply for visa until I am registered with AHPRA.

Sam

Guest lesleyawalsh
Thanks for that.

Still not sure as unable to apply for visa until I am registered with AHPRA.

Sam

Hi Sam

you 100% can get your medicals done prior to lodging your visa application. the medical report gets sent to DIAC and once your application is lodged they are matched up. give your hospital a ring tell them you are a nurse and I'm sure they;ll advise you. I am not going til jan 24th spending christmas with the family first, also trying to clear out my house so i can sell it bloody nightmare. But I have opened a bank account after reading you had sorted yours out didn't think about doing it online until then so cheers for that.

Lesley

:wink:

Guest Shane&Lynn
hi all

Thats it im finally on the move - visa was granted today. So i can now book my flight and will be there by the end of the month !!!

WOOOOO HOOOOOOO

:biggrin::jiggy:

Hi Morty,

When did you apply for your visa - just wondering how long it takes?

Ta

shane

Hi Morty,

When did you apply for your visa - just wondering how long it takes?

Ta

shane

Hi

I had an immigration lawyer who applied in August but it all got held up due to waiting for the AHPRA eligibility letter. But once that was received it took a week to be finalised.

I understand though if everything is correct they have only been taking a couple of weeks from start to finish.

Good luck :biggrin:

Well, just to say that I went to the AHPRA office in person in Melbourne, very nice building, and very nice people. I asked about my application, and after a short while trying to find it they told me that it was in the registration department,... and that it meant good news.... not for me as I was supposed to start working on monday!! They said that I will hear from them soon, hopefully! On the other hand, the Alfred hospital have changed my starting date to the 22nd! yepee! another 2 weeks off waiting....

Although I am still waiting for my visa to be granted, my case officer told me that it only took about 2 weeks to be sorted... too quick if you have all paperwork! Medicals are done after lodging it and they send the results electronically... so very fast!!!

Well, none the bloody wiser. Fed up now with this whole AHPRA rubbish............ Asked how long it's going to take but usual " It's been lodged and thats as much as I can tell you. Don't know how long it's going to take"

Well thats it, my day upset again. I don't know why I even waste my money ringing....:realmad::cry:

Guest Shane&Lynn

Woooo Hoooooooo.

Got an email this morning from Ahpra. They have said Lynn is now eligable for registration as a nurse and as a midwife. just need to pay another $115 for midwifery registration and then turn up to the office when we get there with our documents.

Guest Jo and Dave
Well, none the bloody wiser. Fed up now with this whole AHPRA rubbish............ Asked how long it's going to take but usual " It's been lodged and thats as much as I can tell you. Don't know how long it's going to take"

Well thats it, my day upset again. I don't know why I even waste my money ringing....:realmad::cry:

I feel exactly the same Helen, so pee'd off at the moment that I get wound up just thinking about AHPRA :mad: AND I swear every time I call my application gets put to the bottom of the pile again. My house sale completes in 2 weeks so we forced to go into rented accomodation and our lives remain in limbo just because of AHPRA. What started out to be an exciting adventure is slowly turning sour, I feel worried and scared that my registration will go T*ts up and then I have nothing left, no home anymore.... sorry for ranting but thats the position I've been put in! :cry:

Lets hope they come good soon, my sanity depends on it!

Jo

Guest Jo and Dave
Woooo Hoooooooo.

Got an email this morning from Ahpra. They have said Lynn is now eligable for registration as a nurse and as a midwife. just need to pay another $115 for midwifery registration and then turn up to the office when we get there with our documents.

That's excellent news Shane and Lynn, NOW go celebrate in style :cute::jiggy:

May the rest of your journey go smoothly

Jo xx

Hi Lesley,

I got the bank account whilst I was out there in September just made sense to do it, besides Craig is sending money for flights for me and Macy moo etc. Charges for money transfers very expensive so cheapest way of doing it.

I have put a plea letter to try and get processed as soon as possible. Explained want to be there by Christmas see what happens.

I'll contact for the medical today see what they say.

I am guessing depends on different visas when you do medicals.

Feel a great weight taken off my shoulders now sent and out the way feel I can move on and ready for next process now.

I would like to go now parents want to come out next Christmas so that should be good.

Congratulations Shane and Lynn really good news, lucky you!:biggrin::santahat:

I too lodged with Vic NB, in March, after doing IELTS.....my agent chased Vic NB for months....then when new registration came into force, we were told to apply to AHPRA, completed forms and had letter from them asking for Proof of PII, which we sent back a month ago....and still no news....waiting to lodge 176 with Victoria, but seeming impossible at moment....need to get sponsorship back so can lodge Visa by March before my 45th b'day! stressful waiting! AHPRA seem decidedly disorganised...u would have thought with expectations of high volumes of applications, they'd be more organised....not great first impressions!!

Woooo Hoooooooo.

:biggrin::jiggy::biggrin:

Congratulations - What a weight lifted off isn't it.

Hopefully you wont have to wait too long fro your visa to come through.

As mine is an electronic visa i dont have to send off my passport - RESULT !! I have booked flights and accommodation and beginning to get really excited - cant wait to get there now.

Hope all goes well with the visa !

:smile:

Guest Shane&Lynn
:biggrin::jiggy::biggrin:

Congratulations - What a weight lifted off isn't it.

Hopefully you wont have to wait too long fro your visa to come through.

As mine is an electronic visa i dont have to send off my passport - RESULT !! I have booked flights and accommodation and beginning to get really excited - cant wait to get there now.

Hope all goes well with the visa !

:smile:

Hi Morty,

Thanks.

Feeling elated at the moment. We seem to have been through such an emmense journey together (wish there was a spell check on here).

I really want to thank everyone for their support - the therapy has been great - just being able to let off steam on here and knowing we're not alone has been great.

I can say that now that we've reached the finish post - it's only taken from the end of May when we sent our initial application to QNC.

So for everyone still going through this hell - there is a light at the end of this dark Ahpra hole, but it does push your patience to the limit.

Hi Morty,

Thanks.

Feeling elated at the moment. We seem to have been through such an emmense journey together (wish there was a spell check on here).

I really want to thank everyone for their support - the therapy has been great - just being able to let off steam on here and knowing we're not alone has been great.

I can say that now that we've reached the finish post - it's only taken from the end of May when we sent our initial application to QNC.

So for everyone still going through this hell - there is a light at the end of this dark Ahpra hole, but it does push your patience to the limit.

Hi ya Shane,

Did you send the application to Brisbane its just that number you sent me was to brisbane. I sent my app. to melbourne. Is the main call centre in brisbane??????

thanks for your help

x helen

Guest Shane&Lynn

Hi Helen.

after applying to Ahpra back in July and doing all the phoning I was told that our application was in melbourne but all our paperwork for the original QNC application was still in Brisbane. They said " why didn't you send it to brisbane?" i told them there was only one address on the application form which was in Melbourne. She then said that they had over 400 applications from overseas and it would be better to forward it to brisbane, which we agreed to. If your application is in Melbourne then I'm sorry for misleading you as I thought that all queensland apps were being dealt with in brisbane. On the otherhand, if they are taking too long to deal with it in melbourne it may be worthwhile having it sent to brisbane but I would be very wary of doing this as I have found that they lost the same documents from our application twice and we had to resend them 3 times. Even with royal mail's overseas signed for service the ozzie postal service are crap at updating the website and all you find out is that it is out for postage in Australia.

Archived