Any nurse here or in uk awaiting AHPRA registration? I applied with QNC...

Guest annieross

Guest cupidarvind

Hi all,

Could someone let me know what will happen as I have sent my application to AHPRA without getting my CV signed by from previous employers as I was working in India and I am currently in the UK.

Will they decline my application or ask me to resend one CV with the previous employers signature?

Thank you,

Angelina

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest cupidarvind
I completely sympathise with anyone having problems with APHRA. If anyone wants a laugh here's my sorry story. And I hope it truly cheers up all who are waiting for their rego.

Got visa in Dec 09.

Applied ANC in early 2010.

Got told to do IELTS.

Waited 3 months to get IELTS.

Did IELTS.

Applied to QNC in May 2010.

Got told my IELTS was lost and had my form returned in June.

Got told they found my IELTS later in June.

Was then advised not to resubmit my application as they couldn't guarantee I wouldn't be charged twice, so best to wait until AHPRA started.

Waited for AHPRA to commence.

Found out they weren't even processing any overseas applications.

In the meantime moved the family to Australia.

September 2010 went to AHPRA in person.

Got told by the person on the desk:

A)the fees have gone up from $263 to $450.

B)The IELTS has been scrapped.

C)My advanced diploma is not up to Australian degree standard

D)My documentation they have is now not in the correct format, despite containing all the pertinent information.

E) I have got to get a signature on a cv signed by my boss from a job I left 4 months ago in a country I left 2 months ago. The original of course, not a scan.

And to add to it all, when I was explaining that the ANMC had sent the documents to AHPRA that I used for my visa, the women on the desk actually said to me, and I quote "we are the ANMC" !!!!!

Talk about arse, elbow, goalposts, moving, not knowing etc etc.

Anyway so here I am in Australia granted permanent residency because they are desperate for nurses, and not allowed (at least at present) to work as one. :arghh:

Woo hoo. Anyone need a pool cleaner?

Hi ya, could you please let me know if you have a clue if AHPRA would decline or ask me to resend the CV signed from previous employers as I have not sent one?

Though I have sent experience certificate from all my previous employers which indicates start date and end date aswell. Not sure if they would be stupid to deny that and just go as per their checklist and as for employer signed CV

Thank you,

Angelina

Hi guys, this is my first post... Me and my partner are moving (flying out actually) to Melbourne on the 26th October...

He has a job already, and I am like many of us, waiting for my registration with AHPRA. I got my job on the 13th August, and to my surprise they asked me to start on the 8th November...! Did my IELTS and passed them first time with an average of 8 -I am Spanish-, lodged my visa and sent my registration on the 10th September. I know it is a bit farfetched but I am still sure I will be able to commence on the 8th... AHPRA still have not taken my money, however they told me that they have all my paperwork and I don't need anything else (thank God!!!). Immigration have already emailed me to ask me for my registration, as I wont get my visa unless I get my registration .... Exciting! NOT!

I am just hoping they let me in the country with my tourist visa, but I wont be able to start until I get my visa...... I got told to phone AHPRA next week and check again...

Just letting all you know to have faith and patience and that the registration will eventually come!!!

Guest Jo and Dave

Dealing with AHPRA is like pulling teeth !!

It takes a VERY, VERY determined individual to actually want to go to Australia as a migrant, as the process of getting in is very hard, but to add to this already difficult process is just plain wrong !!

AHPRA have stated they are having a hard time during the transition from state to national registraion....boo hoo for them. I mean to switch from one to the other takes thought, planning and above all COMMON SENSE I feel if it is taking them this long to do his then NONE of the above applies in my opinion !!

Now to compound things WA have switched as of today 18/10 so now they have even more to do !!! God help all those awaiting outcomes and all that follow in the coming months.

I have been working as an Implementation Consultant for a number of years, and have managed many transitions from one system to another, moving mammoth databases, intergrating many different systems and processes from an array of platforms, so I KNOW exactly what AHPRA are going through and I can only imagine they have FIRED the sorry, sad individuals responsible for this debacle.

To transition the data alone is difficult but NOT impossible........to implement processes and intergrate old to new is NOT easy but again NOT impossible, just takes planning and thought........my real issue is they have merely taken over an existing system, implemented a few changes and all this has taken since July 10 ??? No I KNOW this process started way, way before July 10, this would have been up to a year if not more in the making, so to get it this wrong and for it to take soooo long mmmmmmm

I guess trusting those in power has to be done sometimes BUT at what cost ??

This is a very worrying time for the medical profession in general if the AHPRA board has any common deceny they would ALL fall on their swords over this !!!

From Dave he who arose from the wrong side of the bed !!!

Guest rozzy82

Gill

A few of us have been waiting since May for registration lol.

Actually I was thinking coffee to start then wine and more wine.....................

Hi, I'mfFar from being an expert, but I did get my manager to sign mine, but before sending it I read that this was a mistake and it was the applicant to sign the CV as correct, so I signed it too! Can't remember where I read this, but it did seem odd my manager having to sign it, cos apart from knowing me as the wonderfully honest individual I am (:tongue:), how does she know if it is true?

But then I am still not registered!

Gill x

Guest rozzy82

OMG........................postman arrives, letter from AHPRA. I am eligable for registration. Now all I need to do is turn up in Austrlia with my ID (the things I sent in via mail to confirm I am me) they hey presto...............................registration.

For all people who are still waiting for this letter mine took 4 weeks from sending in my new application form with all the identity and PII needs required.

Good luck to everyone

Rozlyn

x

HI

I sent of my application for midwifery registration to AHPRA nearly three weeks ago and am waiting to hear if they have even received it. No money has been taken from my account so I am worried they have not had it. I emailed them and I am waiting to hear a reply. Has anyone had a similar experience.

After reading the posts, I am more than a little worried that its going to take years for me to get there. Does anyone know how long it really takes on average. I have been qouted four to six months by agents, but this seems a little unlikely.

I also read somewhere on this site that AHPRA have scrapped the IELTS, is this true as I sat it last Saturday

Gina

OMG........................postman arrives, letter from AHPRA. I am eligable for registration. Now all I need to do is turn up in Austrlia with my ID (the things I sent in via mail to confirm I am me) they hey presto...............................registration.

For all people who are still waiting for this letter mine took 4 weeks from sending in my new application form with all the identity and PII needs required.

Good luck to everyone

Rozlyn

x

WOOO HOOOOO :biggrin:

Finally some good news - there is hope for the rest of us yet !!!

When are you planning to get there for ? I hope i am also lucky soon - perhaps a pre xmas drink in melbourne will be on the cards !!!

CONGRATS again :jiggy:

Emma

Good luck to everyone

Rozlyn

x

Oh Rozlyn,

Thats fantastic news.........Whoo Hoo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:chatterbox:Hope for the rest of us.

Might ring tonight.... Application sent 11th August, last I spoke said it was with assessors but still nothing...Money taken about 5 weeks ago.

Good Luck from here on.

XX Helen

Guest rozzy82

When you ring put on a sob story I am a believer thats is what worked for me. Just said about life on hold and not good enough. Even if you have no job mention that you have one and they are on hold.

I hope everyone gets the letter. Maybe we will all be on the same plane

Yes Christmas wine tasting in Melbourne............................

AHPRA wrote a comment a few weeks ago saying it is taking 4-6 weeks to get registration letter

Guest kate dodds

That's great news roz well done,so happy for u . When do u fly out ?

I only sent all my stuff 24th sept so Not expecting anything yet .

We wil still b flying out begining of dec hopefully on my husbands visa can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Shane&Lynn
Hi, I'mfFar from being an expert, but I did get my manager to sign mine, but before sending it I read that this was a mistake and it was the applicant to sign the CV as correct, so I signed it too! Can't remember where I read this, but it did seem odd my manager having to sign it, cos apart from knowing me as the wonderfully honest individual I am (:tongue:), how does she know if it is true?

But then I am still not registered!

Gill x

Hi Gill,

from memory your manager has to sign to verify that your period of employment is correct. You sign that everything else is correct.

Shane

Guest maggie82

Hey everyone

I got an email last week saying that they still hadnt got my verification from the NMC even although the NMC assure me that it sent firstly on the 3rd of August and after another phone call from myself on September the 13th! Spoke with NMC again so surely this time my verification will get there!!!

What a carry on but at least it means that the rest of my applcation is there and surely they will start processing it soon!! Fingers crossed!

I had hoped that I would have finished wiorking here before Christmas but at this rate doesnt look likely!!

Lara x

WOOOOO HOOOOOOO :biggrin:

I am now also ELIGIBLE for nurse registration. Now just my visa to finalise and book a flight then im all set !!

My contact emailed me today to let me know and to ask where i wanted the letter sent. My advice to everyone else, once you get a contact email them and if you have a go (which i did) apologise and thank them lots and lots for their help and response and show understanding that they are also under pressure.

Worked for me and helps to have someone that will actually respond to you. Mine said after i sent my new application that she would ensure i was a priority and she kept to her word - thankfully.

Fingers crossed for everyone else now - that Xmas :anisanta:drink is looking more and more likely :yellow_guy_smiling_:

Guest rozzy82

I am now also ELIGIBLE for nurse registration. Now just my visa to finalise and book a flight then im all set !!

My contact emailed me today to let me know and to ask where i wanted the letter sent. My advice to everyone else, once you get a contact email them and if you have a go (which i did) apologise and thank them lots and lots for their help and response and show understanding that they are also under pressure.

Worked for me and helps to have someone that will actually respond to you. Mine said after i sent my new application that she would ensure i was a priority and she kept to her word - thankfully.

Fingers crossed for everyone else now - that Xmas :anisanta:drink is looking more and more likely :yellow_guy_smiling_:

Whoop Whoop :jiggy:Congratulations. It feels like such a weight off your shoulders doesnt it...................

Same as me waiting for visa confirmation and then will book flights and then have xmas drinks:christmassmilie:

Roz

Guest CarolineS

Congratulations? I just sent my forms off to AHPRA 18th Sep. How do you go about getting a contact? Thanks

Guest CarolineS
Congratulations? I just sent my forms off to AHPRA 18th Sep. How do you go about getting a contact? Thanks

Sorry for the typo....meant congratulations!

Guest kate dodds

Hi all

our visa's were granted today so were hoping to b out in melbournein six weeksso bet December. Aphra sent me an email saying they have received allot my documents which were sent 30thsept, il b heading down to their offices when I arrive as il need to change address and contact details, so so excited !!!!

Hi all

our visa's were granted today so were hoping to b out in melbournein six weeksso bet December. Aphra sent me an email saying they have received allot my documents which were sent 30thsept, il b heading down to their offices when I arrive as il need to change address and contact details, so so excited !!!!

Congrats on getting your visa's. Fantastic news !!!!

Out of curiosity how long did it take you to get your visa and which 1 have you got.

Best wishes for a fantastic life in Oz....

x Helen

Archived