Any nurse here or in uk awaiting AHPRA registration? I applied with QNC...

Guest annieross

Guest rozzy82

morty

on the last page of the identity requirements it states people overseas at present do not need to provide all those things.

What special circumstances apply to overseas applicants or applicants who have recently arrived in Australia?

At application, individuals who are applying from overseas and who are unable to provide evidence from each of the categories, must provide at a minimum:

 a certified copy of an overseas passport (an EU card is not acceptable)

 if the applicant has ever been formally known by another name, or provides documentary evidence in support of their application in another name — a certified copy of proof of name change (marriage certificate, divorce papers, deed poll).

Applications from overseas applicants will be assessed only on receipt of the relevant evidence of identity, and an otherwise complete application (all supporting documentation provided and declarations made).

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest snowgoose
Are you in Australia? You could call into the AHPRA office although you will probably get the more sense from the union. I called one of the numbers that was posted earlier in the thread and got through to the area manager for queensland and he was not impressed I had his number! I think they all have answers they are told to give either verbally or in email and they all contain the phrase we can not put a timescale on it!!

Good luck

Claire

oh...........ok. Better not use that phone number then- best not to 'annoy' the management.:policeman:

I'll find out details for the union and contact them.....s'pose I'd better phone APHRA first, just for the look of it (or so it appears.)

Thanks for the heads up

Guest FAMILYSTONE

Just been contacted by AHPRA, I am being sent a letter that says 'Eligible for Registration'.

This letter is all I will get until I take my passport and visa into their offices so she can see them (When I arrive in Oz - although I will be a thousand miles away).

The reason I cannot be registered as a nurse is because I do not have my visa yet.

So basically No visa - No registration.

The CO did say that the letter is official and can be used as proof that everything is ok but cannot be completed until a visa is issued. Although you dont need to be registered in Oz to apply for your visa

Not impressed, and it is still too early to know if Hospital HR departments will be ok with this.

I will now NOT appear on the Register.

Looking into getting a certified copy from the NP when visa arrives and send it through, more expense and more time.

Ridiculous

Guest rozzy82

Maybe the visa people will issue your visa without registration from this letter? and people think the UK has a lot of red tape.

Basically when I applied for my 457 visa they said I cant get a visa without registration

and now you cant get registration without a visa.

Which one is going to give in first?

AHPRA maybe you can answer that?

Guest Jo and Dave

Contacted AHPRA, still awaiting assesment ??? I will keep pestering them, who knows they may just do it this year sometime lol

Guest FAMILYSTONE

Quite right when I applied for my visa the ANMC assessment was enough, but when applying for jobs hospitals like to see you are registered. When I arrive in Oz I dont want to be sat waiting for registration for weeks - AHPRA dont seem to ever be in a hurry!

Maybe the visa people will issue your visa without registration from this letter? and people think the UK has a lot of red tape.

Basically when I applied for my 457 visa they said I cant get a visa without registration

hi

My contact on the AHPRA has stated that the department of immigration have said this would be ok for a visa, but i was to contact them directly to get official confirmation. My immigration lawyer is looking into this ..........

Will keep you updated, but my advice is to contact the immigration department.

Guest lgabriel

I am so frustrated with ahpra, I got my anmc file forwarded to qld health in april, was verified by notary in august 2009. Like everyone else my application was sent to ahpra.

I am worried that all my anmc documents such as the letter from the nmc will be deemed as out of date now. I sent an email to ahpra in sept to seek clarification and am still waiting for a reply. It is totally unacceptable that I will have to get my original documents re verified not to mention another £35 to the NMC if they need a new letter. This is a huge cost that I will have to pay for at no fault of my own.

I have resent the application as requested but haven't sent a signed cv as yet as I want to find out if I need to get more documents signed...:mad: Also I haven't got an employer, how do I go about getting indemnity insurance?????!!!!

I have my visa in place and we are moving to the sunshine coast on 25th of jan, everything is slipping into place except this!!!

Guest Magnetic6
I am so frustrated with ahpra, I got my anmc file forwarded to qld health in april, was verified by notary in august 2009. Like everyone else my application was sent to ahpra.

I am worried that all my anmc documents such as the letter from the nmc will be deemed as out of date now. I sent an email to ahpra in sept to seek clarification and am still waiting for a reply. It is totally unacceptable that I will have to get my original documents re verified not to mention another £35 to the NMC if they need a new letter. This is a huge cost that I will have to pay for at no fault of my own.

I have resent the application as requested but haven't sent a signed cv as yet as I want to find out if I need to get more documents signed...:mad: Also I haven't got an employer, how do I go about getting indemnity insurance?????!!!!

I have my visa in place and we are moving to the sunshine coast on 25th of jan, everything is slipping into place except this!!!

Hi

I also had my ANMC file forwarded to AHPRA in early August along with my application.

I haven't heard a thing since and my payment hasn't been taken from my credit card.

My documents will now be well over 12 months old, i haven't read anywhere on ahpra's website how recent the certified documents must be, are you aware of any timelines etc?

Many thanks x

Guest Jo and Dave

The no registration, no visa seems to be yet another issue NOT either comtemplated or considered by AHPRA !!

This requires some serious investigating, as this would appear on the surface to be a further ham-stringing for overseas applicants by AHPRA !

I will look into this with AHPRA this very evening !!

Hopefully it is an oversight !!

Guest TMahara

Hi, I applied to NSW Nursing Board in April, money was taken from my account straight away, then nothing I was not registered with them then in July everything was transferred to AHPRA. I applied for a job and was accepted, came to Sydney on 22nd July and was hoping to start my new job early August. Luckily for me as I was in Australia I was able to hassle AHPRA on a near daily basis and I could go in and actually speak to someone. I was finally registered on 14th Sept. and have now started my new job. In regards to indemnity insurance AHPRA should be giving some guidance on this as they haven't made it clear. I have not got indemnity insurance and I do not need to get it, the hospital I'm working for has the insurance and this is all you need. Unless you are working privately you should be covered by your employer. You do not need to take out a personal plan or have this in place before you start work, you just tick yes on the form were it asks

Do you commit to only practise the profession if you have appropriate professional indemnity insurance arrangements in place?

When I completed my form I checked this out with AHPRA and it was confirmed that was all that was required.

I guess I am one of the lucky ones as I am now registered but believe me I was not happy and was very stressed all the time I was here waiting and not earning money

Guest Jo and Dave

I tell you whatt I think, Jeffery, Zippy, George and even Bungle could make a better team than AHPRA !!

How are they actually operating ? Surely as an official body, governing the registration process of pretty much all the medical practioners of Australia they have not only a professional but a morale duty of care, their ONLY interest is protecting the public but at what cost ? Because they have repeatedly bleated on that they are only protecting the public, well at this rate they are REALLY gonna have to protect the public by sending their own staff out to man the hospitals, dentists and hope they don't kill anyone in the process !

There MUST be some recourse here, for gods sake they are actually playing god with peoples lives, each case is an individual one, if someone has a job to go to and the ONLY thing preventing them from working is AHPRA then they should be thoroughly ashamed and should recieve the highest penalty at every corner to ensure they do their job !

I am so sick of hearing story after story of mis-information, people being ham-strung and effectively held to ransom by a faceless body hiding behind public safety, well I believe it has gone on far too long now, it appears to me that so far ALL the complaints appear to be from overseas applicants, if this is genuinely the case and they are holding out on purpose, avoiding registering oversease applicants I for one demand to know why ???

Everytime a single person is held up from actually LIVING because these numpties haven't even bothered to consider their case then someone should be accountable.

They KNEW this would be an issue, how could they not ?

I mean I genuinely believe they have had a meeting along the lines of " we need to nationalise the registration process" "great, lets do it" then not even bothered to do ANYTHING ELSE !

Consiidering the amount of nonsense about frameworks not in place and procedures not yet sorted, I truly believe more thought went into what they were going to do about a staff cafeteria than what they would do about overseas applicants.

For a country which has a world renowned practice of employing overseas applicants in the medical field you would have thought it would have been one of the FIRST things they needed to cater for, but so far this has been so far from their minds for some reason, to such an extent I am actually wondering if it was or ever will be a priority ??

The whole migration issue at the moment is a VERY hot potato I agree, but to have it cause what must now be quickly becoming a bottleneck of applicants being messed around by AHPRA's ineffective management of the whole process makes me consider they have been INSTRUCTED to be as obstructive as possible, I mean I have spoken to AHPRA on numerous occassions, I have emailed them countless times, and there is a torrent of people on PIO who have contacted them and generally the response has been pitiful, they should hang their heads in shame, but that isn't enough, maybe public humiliation is required, shout from the highest point, that everytime an dindividual from AHPRA screws up they must be publically named, I mean they are spouting public protection everywhere, why not the reverse ? I believe the public need protecting from THEM !!

God I got out of bed the wrongside this morning !!

ps this is Dave NOT Jo

Guest rozzy82

I agree. They say on there new guidleines that they are considering individuals cases with overseas Diploma of Higher Education registered nurses. Well i am one of those.

I sat in the same class room in the same lectures with the same teachers at the same time, done the same exams and essays as the degree registered nurses. They were marked higher. I work in the same hospitals in the UK and the degree nurses.

Why should we be considered less safe than a degree nurse?

I have a friend that works in Sydney now she has a masters in nursing but that was a two year course and before that she only had an English degree. Now why is someone who has only done 2 years training as a nurse aloud registration yet they consider a diploma nurse who has studied for 3 years less safe.

Waiting registration with AHPRA - original application sent in April 2010

Guest Shane&Lynn

WE HAVE BEEN TOLD EXACTLY THE SAME THING BY THE HR DEPARTMENT IN THE HOSPITAL I AM BEING SPONSORED BY. THE GIRL AT AHPRA SAID THAT THERE IS NOTHING SHE CAN DO ABOUT THIS AS THEY HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH VISAS. NOW CAN'T GET IN CONTACT WITH THE HOSPITAL HR DEPT. LEFT MASSAGES WITH THEM BUT NO REPLY. ON THE VERGE OF GIVING UP BUT WON'T LET THE BUGGERS GET ME DOWN:arghh:

Guest Shane&Lynn
Contacted AHPRA, still awaiting assesment ??? I will keep pestering them, who knows they may just do it this year sometime lol

AFTER INITIAL APPLICATION WAS ASSESSED AHPRA SAID THAT MY CV WAS NOT ACCEPTABLE BECAUSE I LISTED MY MOST RECENT EMPLOYMENT DATES AS JULY 2004 TO PRESENT.

THEY SAID THIS WAS NOT ACCEPTABLE AS THEY DON'T KNOW WHEN THE PRESENT IS. - GOD HELP ME I AM GOING TO STRANGLE SOMEONE.

THEY ALSO SAID THAT THEY DID NOT HAVE MY TRANSCRIPT FOR MY NURSE TRAINING BUT DID HAVE THE ONE FOR MY MIDWIFERY. - THEY WERE BOTH SENT TOGETHER ALONG WITH MY APPLICATION TO QNC AND NOW THEY DON'T HAVE THE STATEMENT OF EMPLOYMENT LETTER FROM MY MANAGER.

KEPT CALM ABOUT THIS AND SENT COPIES OF THEM AGAIN 2 WEEKS AGO. PHONED THEM YESTERDAY MORNING AND WAS TOLD THAT THE TRANSCRIPT OF NURSE TRAINING DIDN'T ARRIVE. I SENT IT IN THE SAME D**N ENVELOPE SO HOW COULD IT NOT ARRIVE!!!

HAVE NOW SENT IT AGAIN - SO NOW ANOTHER WEEK AND A HALF DELAY.

GETTING PRETTY STEAMED UP ABOUT THE LEVEL OF INCOMPETENCE ( THIS IS MY BEST EFFORT AT NOT SWEARING). :mad::arghh::arghh::arghh:

Guest kate dodds

That is absolutely ridiculous about ur cv when ur still employed of course it's tp present date how stupid,!!!! I sent all my paper work off 2 weeks ago and did the exact same on my cv, it's just amazing me all theses post on how difficult this process is.

Were hoping to be out there end november on my husbands sponsorship visa but I bound to b at the aphra office all the time no doubt!! Hoping to work at the alfred hosp in Melbourne xx

Guest lesleyawalsh
WE HAVE BEEN TOLD EXACTLY THE SAME THING BY THE HR DEPARTMENT IN THE HOSPITAL I AM BEING SPONSORED BY. THE GIRL AT AHPRA SAID THAT THERE IS NOTHING SHE CAN DO ABOUT THIS AS THEY HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH VISAS. NOW CAN'T GET IN CONTACT WITH THE HOSPITAL HR DEPT. LEFT MASSAGES WITH THEM BUT NO REPLY. ON THE VERGE OF GIVING UP BUT WON'T LET THE BUGGERS GET ME DOWN:arghh:

Hi there

Have just got off the phone to a very helpful person in Melbourne who assured me that my application is being processed yippeee. Asked about the issue of registration and apparently they are registering nurses prior to visa's being issued, also spoke to my immigration officer who told me the same:wink:

Guest Shane&Lynn

Finally got this email from th hospital HR dept today:

"I have spoken to DIAC in regards to your registration issue/concern. From what I have been told you need to have a "Letter of Intention" for approval of your registration. Once you have this, DIAC will accept this in order to process your application. Can you confirm for me that you have your "Letter of Intention"".

Does anyone know if they mean a letter from AHPRA stating that we will be registered once we present ourselves to an AHPRA office with the visa stamp in our passport. This will finally shed some light on the problem of needing registration to get visa etc.

anyone of you lovely intelligent peoples out there in never never land know??

Yes I'm afraid I've finally reached that state of mind.:biglaugh::wacko::biglaugh::tongue:

Guest rozzy82

after AHPRA asked me to fill in a new application form which I done and they received. They also assured me that my application was being processed each time I rang.

I called last night to see how my application was going and they stated that my application had not started to be processed yet but had been received by the assessors.

How many times do you have to feel like your back to step one.

I feel stressed, aggitated and tired of this bureacracy thats holding us all back from starting our new lifes and new jobs.

They also said they would email me back today to tell me why my application has been held up and what i happening about it but guess what no response.

Guest isabel
after AHPRA asked me to fill in a new application form which I done and they received. They also assured me that my application was being processed each time I rang.

I called last night to see how my application was going and they stated that my application had not started to be processed yet but had been received by the assessors.

How many times do you have to feel like your back to step one.

I feel stressed, aggitated and tired of this bureacracy thats holding us all back from starting our new lifes and new jobs.

They also said they would email me back today to tell me why my application has been held up and what i happening about it but guess what no response.

Hi rozzy82,

This is Isabel. What can I say?... the same thing is happening to me! They received my SECOND application form and all the supporting documents on the 24/9, so today is the day 14. Yesterday, I got an email saying that my application is WAITING:arghh: to be assessed. I feel as if they were laughing at me...and...what if they ask for something else? Oh God!

Oh, Well not much better here. Took my money 3 weeks ago now. Sopke with AHPRA last Friday and was told application was being processed but still waiting......................... For how much longer ???????:frown::frown:

Helen x

AHPRA ......Are you there ????????????????? If you are still reading our thread, please how much longer do we have to wait ????

I need at least some sort of letter to confirm I am at least eligible for registration so I can get Queensland to forward on my 1100 to DIAC, confirming my state sponsorship....

Getting completely fed up now. Not even an email reply...........

Guest rozzy82

Same as me thy do not reply to my enquiry anymore. I need something to tell my job not just the same old it being processed. or maybe just a letter to say we will get registration as you say Isabel so that we can just get to Australia.

Guest rozzy82

If it is any consolation for anyone. I spoke to the immigration peple and you can get a tourist visa as the main one will override it when it gets issued.

Maybe actually being there and going into the office will put them in a different situation.

Archived