Any nurse here or in uk awaiting AHPRA registration? I applied with QNC...

Guest annieross

Guest Jo and Dave

DO you feel we are being ignored because we are not in Australia, would it be any different if we actually went to an AHPRA office and sat in there until they did somethiing ??

I know they are very busy and I know they have a very large task to complete BUT when they can't even be bothered to update people that is far worse, especially if you have a job to go to, time is a very horrible tool in the wrong hands !!!

There has to be a point somewhere when someone says enoiugh is enough, AHPRA must be by now getting somewhere close to getting things in order they switched over the 1st of July, in my book that is over 3 months and counting, in the main the amount of data would have been transferred from one database to another, this would have been planned out, executed and I would imagine the MAJORITY of existing registrations would be pretty much automatic so they realistically only have RENEWALS and NEW registrations to actually deal with in the main, so my question is WHAT have they been doing for 3 months ? Surely they have the correct staffing levels as ALL the other previous state offices to accomodate the workload, granted they probably slimmed it down a little due to job duplication here and there BUT I can quite honestly say, because they can hide behind public safety they think they can get away with pretty much what they like, treat people as shabbily as they wish without any recourse !!

What I feel they should do as a PUBLIC body is demonstrate their FULL working model, show us how and why it is taking this long for registrations to be not only completed but even viewed !!!

There is NO excuse in my book for someone who is clearly in a position to prevent someone from going to work not to be accountable, we need transparency NOT excuses..

I genuinely believe in the power of the spoken word BUT sometimes faceless beuracrats hide behind that like cowards safe in the knowledge they will NEVER come face to face with a HUMAN who has, feelings, family and financial commitments all of which can drain a person of the will to live !!

Come on AHPRA give us all some form of hope I believe the following NEEDS to happen.

1. Upon reciept of an application an email stating it has been recieved.

2. A clear timeline of anticipated completion based upon current workloads NOT the standard patter of 90 days as that is pointless.

3. A clear escalation path to fascilitate an out of the norm situation.

4. A clear set of PENALTIES for faling to adhere to ANY of the above.

Not alot to ask of such an important organisation is it ??

Any comments from AHPRA would be appreciated.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest skippy62

Hi,I have applied for the state sponsorship visa subclass 176 for Queensland end of august and I sent my nursing registration application to the AHPRA two weeks previous to that ..I am wondering does the visa process continue even if the registration isn't fully sorted or do they wait to hear back from the AHPRA first and then start the process....its hard to know when you can plan to go to Australia...

Hi,I have applied for the state sponsorship visa subclass 176 for Queensland end of august and I sent my nursing registration application to the AHPRA two weeks previous to that ..I am wondering does the visa process continue even if the registration isn't fully sorted or do they wait to hear back from the AHPRA first and then start the process....its hard to know when you can plan to go to Australia...

Yes, the visa process can begin.....You can lodge your visa application with DIAC, then await your registration so Queensland can forward your form 1100, which is proof of state sponsorship to DIAC. If, which is doubtful but in the mean time get a Case officer assigned to your visa application, you will then probably have about 28 days to get 1100 forwarded on, which would mean AHPRA would of had to at least confirm your eligibility to register.

Lots & lots of problems with people waiting for their registration. We are all very peivved of now. Everyweek ringing them up, getting the same old stories, application being processed, can take 90 days, you will hear from us, but no nothing.

A nice Irish chap I spoke to last week said usually about 10 days after they have taken your money you should hear. Well it's 3 weeks now and nothing. Some people's money was taken back in April. Fed up waiting for the post to arrive, checking emails. Getting obsessed with it all. Will soon be needing treatment for OCD soon. :biglaugh:LOL............

No laughing matter really. AHPRA are playing with our lives.

So yea get that visa application in. Where are you heading in Queensland. I too got QLD SS in August. Now they were efficient.....

Good luck.

Helen. x

Guest skippy62

Thanks Hells Bells!! I wont hold my breath so ..We are a family of 6 and they are all going on my nursing to get the visa..we have only just told the kids about it so like you all we are now itching to get going ...We haven't set our hearts on anywhere just yet but for my Husbands career I would say it would be Brisbane or Cairns he is in IT...It would just be nice to get an email or some response from anyone to tell us it would take 3,6 ,9 months I am abit of a freck in that way I like to have a plan always...things up in the air drive me nuts....

Guest FAMILYSTONE

Just opened the post, letter from AHPRA. Everything is present & correct and I am now eligible for registration as a nurse in Oz.

When I arrive in Oz I need to make an appointment so they can see my passport and visa and only then will my name appear on the register !

Timeline

Applied NBV May 2010

New AHPRA forms arrived July 2010

Eligible October 2010

Just opened the post, letter from AHPRA. Everything is present & correct and I am now eligible for registration as a nurse in Oz.

When I arrive in Oz I need to make an appointment so they can see my passport and visa and only then will my name appear on the register !

Timeline

Applied NBV May 2010

Eligible October 2010

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :biggrin:

Guest lesleyawalsh

Timeline

Applied NBV May 2010

Eligible October 2010

Congratulations, I recieved a letter yesterday and have 3 things outstanding which am going to send next week hopefully after that will be all present and correct. :yes:

Guest rozzy82

Timeline

Applied NBV May 2010

Eligible October 2010

Thats great news :jiggy: congratulations..........................

Guest rozzy82

FAMILYSTONE

Can I ask when you sent in your new application form and things? So we have an idea of how long it is taking roughly please

Guest cupidarvind

can I ask you what visa will you eligible to apply now? 457 or 175? and were you exumpted from IELTS?

thx, Arvind

Guest Andie33

I was ticking along quite nicely until APHRA took over, at that time I only had to a certified copy of passport and letter from employer (QNC sent the first one back as my Upper Manager who is a physio had written it and they said she had no nurse no/NMC!! also my immediate manager had signed but they said it want clear why she was signing it. So i only had 2 certified docs left.

Then i got sent a 2nd application after a million emails to them with no reply asking me to re-fill in the application form with supporting documents as well as CV etc. Well fair enough for the CV etc but i wasnt starting completely again getting everything sent over and certified etc. so i emailed them and got a response 2 weeks ago saying basically just do it, send in what i have and they will match it up to the DOCUMENTS ON MY FILE!! - Right is it me ? or does that not suggest that they have the docs there.??

So anyhow 2 days ago I get another email from someone completely different saying I do not appear to have responded to them and 2nd request for app form etc...(no, becos i was waiting on clarification on what they already had!!...) and she says the ONLY thing they have of mine is 1 doc and this is the ID documents (passport copy)!! and they do not appear to have received ANY OTHER DOCUMENT!!!! despite me sending it all signed for/recorded delivery at considerable cost...

So i dont know where that leaves me. I sent an email back saying im assuming "its in the system" somewhere..cos i know i will get myself all wound up and it will all be fine, but still i could screaaaam.....

I have to be honest I am really really considering whether its worth it, and i thought managing a toddler was frustrating!!! arrgghhhhh :arghh:

Andie x

Guest FAMILYSTONE
can I ask you what visa will you eligible to apply now? 457 or 175? and were you exumpted from IELTS?

thx, Arvind

I have already applied for my 175 visa (April 2010), although I now have a job offer and they are sponsoring me so I am currently swapping over to a 121.

I did my IELTS (Aug 2009) as it is a prerequisite when I was assessed by the ANMC (September 2009)

Guest rozzy82

Timeline

Applied NBV May 2010

Eligible October 2010

Hi there

When did you send off your new application form? then maybe we have an idea of how long it may take to get registration lol

Congrats as well :jiggy:

Guest rozzy82

wow thats a long time. EEEEkkkkk..........at least you have registartion now though, a weight off your shoulders and no stressful phonecalls anymore

Guest Irvingsago

Hi Helen I've been watching your threads as they took my money end Sept same time as you but still nothing. I keep emailing as now have someone to direct this to but keep being told everything's being processed in date order. I can only assume the others who have their reg applied before us. Like yourself I'm demented. Ended up booking flights so we leave in 7 wks. It's got to come through sooner or later!

Guest rozzy82

My money was taken in May and still waiting for registration.

They kept saying it is being processed last phone call I made they said oh your application has not started to be processed yet but the assessors have it.

Sent off my new application forms at beginning of September still waiting.........

This is a message I have got back this morning from AHPRA

Payment has been deducted from your credit card as part of our data entry process.

Your application has not yet been assessed, however, we will contact you in writing when this has occurred.

No indication of when this will happen or anything......

So if your money has been taken, don't get excited !!!!!!! They only want your money to pay these people's wages.

This has really upset my day now. It stinks. :realmad::realmad: I could start ranting but I'm not going to....Other issues with work today to rant about...Managing people, why do I do it????:arghh:

I completely sympathise with anyone having problems with APHRA. If anyone wants a laugh here's my sorry story. And I hope it truly cheers up all who are waiting for their rego.

Got visa in Dec 09.

Applied ANC in early 2010.

Got told to do IELTS.

Waited 3 months to get IELTS.

Did IELTS.

Applied to QNC in May 2010.

Got told my IELTS was lost and had my form returned in June.

Got told they found my IELTS later in June.

Was then advised not to resubmit my application as they couldn't guarantee I wouldn't be charged twice, so best to wait until AHPRA started.

Waited for AHPRA to commence.

Found out they weren't even processing any overseas applications.

In the meantime moved the family to Australia.

September 2010 went to AHPRA in person.

Got told by the person on the desk:

A)the fees have gone up from $263 to $450.

B)The IELTS has been scrapped.

C)My advanced diploma is not up to Australian degree standard

D)My documentation they have is now not in the correct format, despite containing all the pertinent information.

E) I have got to get a signature on a cv signed by my boss from a job I left 4 months ago in a country I left 2 months ago. The original of course, not a scan.

And to add to it all, when I was explaining that the ANMC had sent the documents to AHPRA that I used for my visa, the women on the desk actually said to me, and I quote "we are the ANMC" !!!!!

Talk about arse, elbow, goalposts, moving, not knowing etc etc.

Anyway so here I am in Australia granted permanent residency because they are desperate for nurses, and not allowed (at least at present) to work as one. :arghh:

Woo hoo. Anyone need a pool cleaner?

Guest Pamela and Brian

Oh my god that is absolutely ****!! My other half has no idea why i am so stressed with the whole process. I am just at the beginning, posting all my stuff to my case worker today for him to then send the stuff off so my AHPRA ordeal is just about to begin!!

Have you even been able to look for jobs then? Anyway how is Brisbane?

Pam :)

Archived