Any nurse here or in uk awaiting AHPRA registration? I applied with QNC...

Guest annieross

Guest Shane&Lynn

Hi everyone. As I said on a previous post I have been pestering them practically every day and they have finally assessed my application and say that the certified copy of my passport is not acceptable as a category A proof of identity because it doesn't have a visa stamp. So just to let you all know, if you don't have your visa you won't get your AHPRA registration. I originally applied to QNC in May. :mad:

Lynn

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest MarknAlison

I can relate to all of you.

I've been in Australia for almost three years. I've just arrived on the Gold Coast, although I initially registered with the Nurses Board of Victoria as I was living in Melbourne. It took me seven months as, despite having every piece of documentation, they wanted my original certificate of training from my school of nursing that no longer existed!! I've been qualified 19 years and had never let my registration lapse during that time. To cut a VERY long story short, I eventually found a wonderful lady who was in charge of the nurse training at the university where my 'old' school of nursing had moved to in Bedfordshire. She sent an official letter to the NBV stating that I WAS qualified! In fact she had to send three different letters as it wasn't 'worded' just as they wanted it to be! Arrghh! It still took them, with me calling every day, another six weeks to register me.

As I said I have now moved to the Gold Coast, (three weeks ago!) and I thank God they now have a national registration, (about time to) or it would have no doubt been fun and games to re register in Queensland.

I hope they get themselves sorted.

Good luck all!

Thats hilarious about the visa. I cant get my 457 visa until I get my nursing registration and now maybe I wont be able to get my nursing registration without my visa

this is a joke surely??????

What special circumstances apply to overseas applicants or applicants who have recently arrived in Australia?

At application, individuals who are applying from overseas and who are unable to provide evidence from each of the categories, must provide at a minimum:

 a certified copy of an overseas passport (an EU card is not acceptable)

 if the applicant has ever been formally known by another name, or provides documentary evidence in support of their application in another name — a certified copy of proof of name change (marriage certificate, divorce papers, deed poll).

The above is the standard that it says in the requirements for overseas applicants.

Im a UK nurse who applied to NSW Nurse Board for registration, received letter in Dec 09 stating I was eligible to register, letter valid for 12 months.

Ive applied for 457 visa at end of July, had medicals etc, but Immagration want proof I can register with AHPRA, rather than the letter from NSW Board. Ive contacted AHPRA who said NSW letter will be accpeted. They said would send a letter for immigration, but still waitng on a letter 3 weeks later, very frustrating!

Anyone else experiencing this, or provided a State Nursing Board letter to Immigartion and this has been ok.?

Im a UK nurse who applied to NSW Nurse Board for registration, received letter in Dec 09 stating I was eligible to register, letter valid for 12 months.

Ive applied for 457 visa at end of July, had medicals etc, but Immagration want proof I can register with AHPRA, rather than the letter from NSW Board. Ive contacted AHPRA who said NSW letter will be accpeted. They said would send a letter for immigration, but still waitng on a letter 3 weeks later, very frustrating!

Anyone else experiencing this, or provided a State Nursing Board letter to Immigartion and this has been ok.?

I'm in a slightly different situation but not too dissimilar... in that I got state sponsorship from Queensland in August and submitted my 176 visa on 4th Sept but before QLD can send my paper work to immigration for my visa to confirm I have SS I need my nursing registration.

I have been on to APHRA many times and they say they have all my paperwork and am in a queue to be processed, but now because I qualified in 1993 and don't have diploma or degree whats going to happen. Application went in in August so as long as the paperwork is fine they should process it according to the old rules...........:skeptical:

I may also have a job offer so I'm hoping it gets sorted real soon.

APHRA have not even responded to any messages I have sent, and thats now 5 I have sent and it says on the website they will respond in approx 24 - 48 hours.....:nah::nah:

Well I am excited....I think. :jiggy:

Looked at my credit card statement online and I have a pending amount of 263 quid which is equivalent to the dollars amount of my aphra registration 3 or 4 quid either side depending on exchange rate and I've not used my card since the last payments which have already cleared.

So fingers crossed this is it happening..... Please, Please, Please. xxx

Hi everyone. As I said on a previous post I have been pestering them practically every day and they have finally assessed my application and say that the certified copy of my passport is not acceptable as a category A proof of identity because it doesn't have a visa stamp. So just to let you all know, if you don't have your visa you won't get your AHPRA registration. I originally applied to QNC in May. :mad:

Lynn

But i am going out on a sponsorship visa, which i cant get without my registration !!!! :arghh:

I just hope its all worth it !!

But i am going out on a sponsorship visa, which i cant get without my registration !!!! :arghh:

I just hope its all worth it !!

Morty, I am in the same situation as youI am going out on 457 visa which I cant get without registration.

Makes it even more frustrating than it already is

Response from AHPRA:

Applicants for registration must provide sufficient evidence of their identity. At least one document from each of categories (A, B and C, and D if necessary) is required.

Once your application has been received, AHPRA will be in contact with your if any other information is needed.

Regards,

The Customer Service Team

AHPRA Enquiry Contact Centre

Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency

Tel: 1300 419 495

web: www.ahpra.gov.au

Please consider the environment before printing this email

Sent: Wednesday, 22 September 2010 6:50 PM

To: VIC-ECC

Subject: Other - Registration Enquiries

I have just sent my nurse registration documents to Melbourne. There appears to be some confusion on proof of identity on various forums.

I am based in the UK and will be applying for an Employer Sponsored Visa 457 when my registration is accepted. I have sent a certified copy of my UK passport as a means of identity for Category A. I cannot get my visa until I am registered as a nurse. I have supplied sufficient other pieces of proof of identity to you to meet the other cathegories.

Can you clarify that my UK passport is suffice as proof of identity.

Thank you for your assistance in this matter

EM..... Still none the wiser :confused:

Guest Shane&Lynn
What special circumstances apply to overseas applicants or applicants who have recently arrived in Australia?

At application, individuals who are applying from overseas and who are unable to provide evidence from each of the categories, must provide at a minimum:

 a certified copy of an overseas passport (an EU card is not acceptable)

 if the applicant has ever been formally known by another name, or provides documentary evidence in support of their application in another name — a certified copy of proof of name change (marriage certificate, divorce papers, deed poll).

The above is the standard that it says in the requirements for overseas applicants.

Hi.

Yes, I spotted this and emailed it to the assessor at ahpra who we hve been in contact with. She replied ths mornig saying thank you for pointing that out to her. she went on to say that they had only begun processing overseas aplications and that she wasn't aware of the above and that she would now continue to process the application. I feel like I am processing the application myself. They are hopeless over there. They mustn't have had any training. I know more than they do! :arghh:

Thats does not surprise me that AHPRA had no idea that was in there own paperwork. I am glad you have cleared that up for the.

I printed a copy of that of so if there was any discrepancy I had it in black and white.

We will all sit and laugh at this one day.

Guest FAMILYSTONE

I received an email from my case officer in Melbourne, outlining what I needed to return. She basically said that all my documents had been accepted and I just needed to complete a new style application form plus send ID. I sent my passport main page - notarized. I also sent notarized copies of my birth certificate and marriage certificate as extra evidence and also for change of name. As for indemnity insurance I just ticked the box agreeing. My application should be there on Monday so I will email her direct to see if everything is ok then will post.

It seems like some people have good case officers and other people have to go through customer services who do not know anything at all.

How do you find out who your case officer is?

Guest FAMILYSTONE

After wasted phone calls and emails I filled in the enquiry form and sent it under Complaints. I was then given a case officer, my new application form was straight in the post and her name was confirmed on it. I have emailed her direct since then and always had a swift reply. When I complained I mentioned the words '90 day limit' and ' legal advice' - seemed to do the trick.

Hope to be registered shortly but you never know!

Lol they took my money in May. Maybe means they are processing it though fingers crossed for you

Oh !!! Thats not good news. I've not heard anything from them yet so just hoping they dont ask for anymore info.....Any time I've rung they've not said anything about having to fill anything else in or supply anymore paperwork.

Fingers crossed this is it.

x Helen

The NBV took my money back in may when I was asked to submit my new application form at beginning of sept they said i did not need to pay again.

Guest kate dodds

hi guys,

just been reading all about ur nurse reg problems what a nightmare!!! im just about to send of all my stuff today, actually moving out to melbourne in 6 weeks on my husbands visa and will definately be following up with everything at the melbourne office, il keep in touch on here if i can help when im out there , god knows how long my registration will take , but i will b keen to help where i can and mayb easier being out there and actuially speaking to people.

what a nightmare!!!!!

Guest SunshineSmile
hi guys,

just been reading all about ur nurse reg problems what a nightmare!!! im just about to send of all my stuff today, actually moving out to melbourne in 6 weeks on my husbands visa and will definately be following up with everything at the melbourne office, il keep in touch on here if i can help when im out there , god knows how long my registration will take , but i will b keen to help where i can and mayb easier being out there and actuially speaking to people.

what a nightmare!!!!!

Kate, before you send of your application to AHPRA read my thread further down

"Nurses...before you apply to AHPRA, read this"

Although id say im too late, as you are gone off line, so i suspect you are hot footing it down to the post office with your documents for AHPRA :arghh:

Best of luck!

After wasted phone calls and emails I filled in the enquiry form and sent it under Complaints. I was then given a case officer, my new application form was straight in the post and her name was confirmed on it. I have emailed her direct since then and always had a swift reply. When I complained I mentioned the words '90 day limit' and ' legal advice' - seemed to do the trick.

Hope to be registered shortly but you never know!

One week ago, I got a letter from AHPRA with a name on it. I suppose that this person is may case officer. But it just has the name, no email, no phone. So, how did you get your case officer's contact detais?????

Thanks,

Isabel

Archived