Any nurse here or in uk awaiting AHPRA registration? I applied with QNC...

Guest annieross

Guest Liverpool lou
Hi Lesley,

Can I ask where you sent your application to? Mine is at the Melbourne office and I have been advised they received it on 7th October....which means it could be near to getting processed if they have looked at yours which they received at the end of September....fingers crossed! Thanks.

Hi caroline

I sent mine off to victoria because that was the address on the form. That went at the beginning of sept. I received an email from Aphra after i had asked where they where upto on my application and my file had been sent onto to queensland, probably because that is whete i'll be working. Queensland receiced it on 28th sept.

I am so annoyed that im having to do all this work again when ANMC had already sent all my documentation off from my skills assessment. :arghh::arghh::arghh:

If yours Was received on7th october then you should not be too far off getting your application assessed.

I am concerned that christmas is coming up and we'll loose days because of bank holidays and their office will be closed :elf:

It will give then an excuse to be even slower

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I applied to Vic NB in April, then when central registration came out, it AHPRA sent me a new form to fill in, plus proof of PII, and new job description needed (which i had already sent to Vic NB)....my agent has contacted them many times and thet say they are unable to give any further info, so i'm still waiting! We are waiting for 176 sponsorship to Vic to come back....lodged 4 weeks ago.Hoping may be back by end of Jan, so can get main visa in before i turn 45 in March. It is slightly concerning that both Viv NB and AHPRA seem to be soooo disorganised?

they are slow but it'll be worth it in the end. the visas are taking 2 weeks to process so thats positive. what office is dealing with your application the caseworker i had was really good, do you know the name of yours

I sent mine to the Brisbane office. I have an allocated case worker I'll ring her tomorrow night. Did you ever speak to yours direct? Do they tell you which stage they are processing?

I'm only worried they'll change their mind regarding the IELTS exam. But says in draft not required if done training in English.

Seems like it must not be Melbourne.... They are absolutely useless. I went in yesterday and they would not tell me at all where was my application up to, even though two weeks ago they were assessing the ones three days before mine....

Getting really frustrating I will be spending Xmas with no money at all!!!!

Seems mine is in that lot. Mine is currently with a case officer being assessed that was 3 weeks ago and last week too. How long does it take to process 1 application. What's making me cross is all the money spent ringing these people and then when we do receive our registration we probably won't get the full year registration we have paid for.

I have just sent a moaning message to them. Just wait and see. Doubt they'll even reply, just like the last few messages I sent.

I sent mine to the Brisbane office. I have an allocated case worker I'll ring her tomorrow night. Did you ever speak to yours direct? Do they tell you which stage they are processing?

I'm only worried they'll change their mind regarding the IELTS exam. But says in draft not required if done training in English.

How did you find out who your case officer is???? I sent mine to Melbourne as that's what the application form said despite me going to Brisbane

Guest Liverpool lou

I finally got through to Aphra tonight and was amused to be speaking to another scouser on the end of the phone. :biglaugh:

I had a few questions to ask about additional documentation I needed to send to them and I asked why is this needed because I thought the ANMC had forwarded these onto them. Was I wrong!! Apparently the ANMC only send out one piece of information saying a skilled assessment had taken place and no other information is sent.

I asked how long the assessment takes to be processed and he said 6-8 weeks from them receiving the application. I mentioned they had confirmed receipt of my application on 28th September and he said I should be at the latter stages of the process. We'll just have to wait and see what happens over the next few days. I leave the Uk in 9 days time and am becoming stressed as its more hassle getting stuff sent out when you're overseas.

Fingers crossed everyone and lets hope they have finally got their act together and started getting our registrations sorted.Who knows Father Christmas might bring us a good pressies from Aphra :santadance:

How did you find out who your case officer is???? I sent mine to Melbourne as that's what the application form said despite me going to Brisbane

I rung the central number for AHPRA and they told me over the phone, they had received my application and my case worker was Emma Land (sounds a nice girl!) lol.

Sam

:skeptical::no:

Guest smallbutscary62

to anyone who is trying to register as div 1 here in oz.. it takes ages on 2 counts. the first is that the NMC are quick to take your cash but slow to act and second the ahpra are new and havent got it together yet!

I came over without a job while i was waiting but worked as a carer for an agency called access unlimited. a variety of basic nursing stuff in group homes for learning disability, other physical disabiliies and one to one care in clients homes. i had a great time. the pay is better than carers in uk get.. about$20 per hour but they pay your superann for you on top and you can claim a lot of work expenses on your tax.

tracy:unsure:

Guest Liverpool lou
I rung the central number for AHPRA and they told me over the phone, they had received my application and my case worker was Emma Land (sounds a nice girl!) lol.

Sam

:skeptical::no:

You've got the same case officer as me. Lets hope she is as nice as she sounds :notworthy:

Guest Liverpool lou
Have they taken your money??? Because they told me that they first take the money then they allocate you one.

They took my money out the beginning of october

You've got the same case officer as me. Lets hope she is as nice as she sounds :notworthy:

Lol she is probably the only case officer for the UK!

:biglaugh:

Have they taken your money??? Because they told me that they first take the money then they allocate you one.

Yes they have, my bank balance was suffering because of it!

:swoon:

going to ring after I've had a coffee and find out who my case officer is. Will let you know......:laugh:

Ok Good Luck!

As we all know what a nightmare they are.

The stress is worse than moving house and getting divorced I read on here, that some poor frustrated sole like us!

I am sat watching the snow hoping this will be my last Christmas here, I thought that last year though. But my BF managed to go in Feb this year!

:mask:

Well, none the wiser..... My application is in Brisbane. The 1st I've heard of this since I've been ringing up. Every other week since bloody September!!!!!!!!!! And has not been assessed yet. She promised I will be assessed very soon and will hear soon. Yea right..... I'll believe it when I see it.

I'll just wait now for the long list of documents they are now going to ask for, which I already sent . But hey ho.......It's snowing outside + Santa is coming soon.:snowman7:

I rang them last night and the guy was really nice and helpful.

Informed overwhelming amount of overseas applicants, he advised to constantly persue and chase up application especially if I have a job offer. He attempted to put me through to my case worker who was unable to answer the phone. He has obviously dealt with hundreds of us brits kicking off about delays of application. He said to ring twice a week and he also gave me her e-mail address, which he admitted unsure as to whether she will reply or not!

At least he didn't lie to me and was honest. I have e-mailed her with a strong message to contact me as desperate to get to Oz. Well words to that effect!

I want to be in Oz now so bloody frustrating!

:frown::realmad:

I rang them last night and the guy was really nice and helpful.

Informed overwhelming amount of overseas applicants, he advised to constantly persue and chase up application especially if I have a job offer. He attempted to put me through to my case worker who was unable to answer the phone. He has obviously dealt with hundreds of us brits kicking off about delays of application. He said to ring twice a week and he also gave me her e-mail address, which he admitted unsure as to whether she will reply or not!

At least he didn't lie to me and was honest. I have e-mailed her with a strong message to contact me as desperate to get to Oz. Well words to that effect!

I want to be in Oz now so bloody frustrating!

:frown::realmad:

Did he say what date they were up to in the processing???

Mine apparently was received in Brisbane on 22 September. I find this so bizarre cos every time I have rung up they say I was put through to Melbourne. No one had ever mentioned Brisbane, except me on the application saying chief area of practice - QLD. :v_SPIN::spinny::v_SPIN:

No he didn't to be honest I didn't ask, I forgot.

I rang central call centre number asked to be put through to Brisbane on hold for 10 minutes and put me through to Sydney office!

But really nice, didn't have the heart to have a go at him. Saving that for next week!

My friend who is in Cairns got out there 3 months ago said union has contacted AHPRA saying process applications faster.

His student just finished and AHPRA has told students. It will be February, March before they will be registered.

Guest CarolineS
Hi loveaussies,

Well, I sent mine on the 10th September, received on the 21st September.... And they still have not taken my money yet.... I don't think it will be long as last week they told me they were assessing the applications from the 16th.... I'd say have patience and call the every week or so....!

Where did you send your application? Mine is at Melbourne and they say they received it on 7th Oct so hopefully it'll be assessed soon! Have you had any progress over the past few weeks?

Where did you send your application? Mine is at Melbourne and they say they received it on 7th Oct so hopefully it'll be assessed soon! Have you had any progress over the past few weeks?

Oh !!!!! Don't hold your breath. Mine still not assessed. Brisbane received it 22 september. Money taken 26 Sept. Nearly 90 days now, may have to quote that to them next time I speak to them. I do have a case officer.

Lost the will to live :sad:

Guest Taylor72
Oh !!!!! Don't hold your breath. Mine still not assessed. Brisbane received it 22 september. Money taken 26 Sept. Nearly 90 days now, may have to quote that to them next time I speak to them. I do have a case officer.

Lost the will to live :sad:

Cant believe its taking so long for you !!!! Thank god i applied before they merged x Chin up lovely x

Archived