Its our turn....

Dawny

To say those 4 little words.....

We are going home!

Doesn't seem like yesterday i posted to say how well everything was going, and how much we seemed to have settled, But sadly not, It has been a very hard decision to come to, Lots of talking and tears, But thats the path we have chosen to follow, The kids have never really wanted to be here, and we as parents think we knew best, sadly not, You go through all the normal things to say, "Oh it will be better when the shipping comes, better when the dogs come home" Um no!! That just made it worse, So we are heading home, on the 18th August, Been a nightmare to sort every thing out, far more complicated to go home than it was to come here, But i think now its all sorted, we have someone to take over the lease on the house, shipping is booked, and the dogs have their boarding pass all sorted! All is left to do for the next few weeks is to enjoy Australia, even the kids are back to their normal self!

Before you ask, yes we did consider another state, but the answer always comes back to the same thing, if your not happy and really can not settle then changing state will not make any difference, Also the fact that we have not given our selves long enough, Well to be honest, i think anyone knows how they really feel in the first few months, so why put your self through any more upset by staying longer, just incase it should improve! We do still have plans for Australia, but they have just been put on hold, see how things go for us as a family over the next couple of years, Thats all we can do,

Never say never!!

:cute:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest roma 1

Hiya Dawn,

Couldn't read this and not reply to my Frontyville friend... We wish you Good Luck as you know and a big :hug: to you all,

Love Gail xx

Guest siamsusie
To say those 4 little words.....

We are going home make.....

Never say never!!

:cute:

Dawny, I am so pleased you have made the right decision for you as a family. You never know what is around the corner... you havent prolonged the agony.. and I for one wish you so much happiness on your return.... Love Susie :hug:

when i read these posts there are certain folk i never expected to write this and you guys were one of them! if you arent happy and not settled then you have made the absolute right decision! lifes too short you need to go where your heart tells you x:hug::hug:

Guest chris955

I am sorry to hear that but pleased for you at the same time. I agree that life is too short, you have to do what is right for all concerned.

Guest proud2beaussie

Very sorry to see you go Dawny,I was hoping that you would be happy here in Australia but if you are unhappy and being here is causing you and your family stress then you have to return to where you really feel at home.

I do hope that you have some happy memories of Australia to take with you.

Alll the best for the future.

Cheers

Nigel

Hi Dawny

Well done to you for making such a brave decision like you said in your post and what a lot of us always say oh it will be better when this happens or when this arrives, but for a lot of us it does not get better, so for you and your family a very safe journey home and the very best of luck for your future.

so true dawny ,,,never say never , nobody actually knows what they are gona feel like until they get here ....and you and ur family have decided its not for u at the mo ....we are happy here today ..but hey it could all change tomorrow ...so max respect to u and hope u setle quickly back in uk :hug:

mrs keily

Guest cazbeckham

Hi Dawny

At least you can say you experienced Australia even if it is not for you all as a family at this time of your life.

We wish you a very safe journey home and back to familiarities. Hope you will be happy back in UK.

Good Luck

Caz

Guest guest30085

Life's too short! So better to be where you are all happy. Good luck for your move back home

Gill xx

Best of Luck. I was born in Bournemouth, where you are from.

Actually in West Parley, close to the Parleycross which I use as my moniker here.

I left there when I was 13 so I now consider myself more Aussie than Pom.

Good Luck with the move back.

Guest famousfive

The very best of luck to you all,you've done the hard yards and can now enjoy the wee holiday 'til mid august.Nice to hear the kids are happy with the decision too.Safe journey and I hope you all settle in back home smoothly and quickly.

[Nice post too by the way.]

Hi Dawny

Well done on making this brave decision. So often people are really unhappy and think things will improve over time and keep putting off that decision. Eventually they may find their family settles and the kids are happy in school and they get to a point where they are pretty much stuck here.

Good luck with your move back to the UK and I hope you are really happy with your life back there.

Love

Rudi

x

Guest gratom

My very best wishes;you will soon settle again.You had the courage to admit is was not for you;that takes a lot of guts---there are so many who would come back but for various reasons are unable.take care:biggrin:

Guest stockies

I dunno what can I say, so near yet so far hunny !!!!!! Gonna miss ya hun even tho I have not even met you !!!

You can still be my Sis, I'll let you. (((hugs))) and xxxxxes to you all xx

Claire. xx

Guest juliemtaylor

Hi, well you had the guts to give it a go, so sorry it has cost you money and pain in the process and I hope you are all back in UK all happy and settled again soon.

Julie xx

Guest valleylass

How I wish I had been able to present my 'case' for returning with such clarity. A great post and it is almost exactly the same as we all felt. Good luck on your return.

valleylass

Dawny...Dawny!!

My smartie Gang pal!! And my Visa Buddy!!

Absolute best of luck with everything, I'm really sad things didn't work out for you, but thrilled that you're so sure and have made your decision with such clarity.

Now you know what you're doing you can enjoy your time left there, before you return to living again!!

Take Care Hun:hug:

Lisa

XXX

Guest Magnetic6

Good for you Dawny, you're one of the good uns and i wish you and your family the very best of luck in all that you do! Happy travels and enjoy the rest of your hols in oz :notworthy: :hug:

Archived