Its our turn....

Dawny

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good luck Dawny, it's a hard decision but there's no point in living somewhere that makes you unhappy. H,ome is where the heart is and I wish you all the best for your journey home and happy future in the UK. I'm slightly jealous too as we can't return for another 2 years.

Thanks everyone for your kind words of support, they really do mean a lot and prove what a nice bunch you all are, Most of you helped us right from the start of our journey, all through the dreaded vetassess right through the waiting game, and now our return so a big :hug: to you guys!

For all of you waiting for your visa's, my fingers and toes are well and truly crossed that you get the golden ticket very soon!!!

For all of you still waiting to return home and are delayed due to one reason or another, my heart goes out to you as i know how frustrating and stressful it can be! Im wishing you all the very best, I will continue to post on here, as i will be lost without my pio family, and keep you up to date with our new adventure!

Thanks again :hug:

Dawn & Family xx

• 2 weeks later...

Well yesterday was the final visit from the shippers, who did a fantastic job over two days! We used Grace, simply because A) they gave us the best price, and B) they partner Doree Bonner who we used to ship from the uk, So unlucky them as they have the pleasure of delivering all our stuff back!! Also the dogs were collected at 7am to go and board at jetpets until their flights, Rental inspection was nothing major, all they wanted to check was that it was clean and tidy, Especially bathrooms and kitchen! So all good there, also took a water meter reading!

Two of our lovely neighbors then took us back to our original holiday let, (different cabin) But still as nice, all left to do now is book an airport taxi to take us on our way wednesday morning.... Time has gone very quickly since making our decision to return home! Kids are happy and are now back to their normal selves, If i wasn't at the start i am now 100% convinced that we as a family are doing the right thing by returning! Time will tell x

Well yesterday was the final visit from the shippers, who did a fantastic job over two days! We used Grace, simply because A) they gave us the best price, and B) they partner Doree Bonner who we used to ship from the uk, So unlucky them as they have the pleasure of delivering all our stuff back!! Also the dogs were collected at 7am to go and board at jetpets until their flights, Rental inspection was nothing major, all they wanted to check was that it was clean and tidy, Especially bathrooms and kitchen! So all good there, also took a water meter reading!

Two of our lovely neighbors then took us back to our original holiday let, (different cabin) But still as nice, all left to do now is book an airport taxi to take us on our way wednesday morning.... Time has gone very quickly since making our decision to return home! Kids are happy and are now back to their normal selves, If i wasn't at the start i am now 100% convinced that we as a family are doing the right thing by returning! Time will tell x

Hi Dawny,

It sounds as if you're telling our story - I hope everything works out well for you and your family. We are hopefully leaving in three weeks (and using GRACE), we can't wait now.

Just wanted to find out - how long have you been in Australia?

Good luck with everything and have a safe journey HOME!!

Good luck Dawny and Susanssy! We used Grace when we emigrated and they were excellent - a few minor breakages, but that's to be expected. Good at all stages...we'll no doubt use them again.

We decided to tell the families this week we have decided to return. They were all stunned to say the least and all said that they were "selfishly" over the moon about our decision and couldn't wait until we get back. We're only at the start of our return and are trying to get everything arranged to get home before UK summer.

How long did it take you guys?

Good luck Dawny and Susanssy! We used Grace when we emigrated and they were excellent - a few minor breakages, but that's to be expected. Good at all stages...we'll no doubt use them again.

We decided to tell the families this week we have decided to return. They were all stunned to say the least and all said that they were "selfishly" over the moon about our decision and couldn't wait until we get back. We're only at the start of our return and are trying to get everything arranged to get home before UK summer.

How long did it take you guys?

Hi, many thanks for the well wishes, They are very much appreciated!

Once we had made the positive decision to return, it all happened pretty quickly! We had the first lot of shippers out on July the 7th, then one each day after, total of 4 i think, It was all down to timing as we have two dogs to sort flights for etc, We then looked at flights and just checked with the shippers and pet carriers that the date would be ok, They said yes, so we booked them, plenty of time to give notice on our rental, All ok there as to break the bond they needed to find someone to take it on, Lucky there as its a huge dog friendly house so was snapped up in 24 hours! So it can be done fairly quickly!

We to had the same reaction from our family and friends back home! Now can't wait to return, not sure who is more excited them or us lol,

Good luck with all your plans, hope you manage to sort it quickly x

Hi Dawn- very poor internet coverage now we have moved bt wanted to say all the best and let us know what happens as I will xxxx

P.S wehave our rental bond inspection tomorrow- hope ours goes ok-the house is spotless....

Guest sunnyday

I wish you all the very, very, very, very best Dawny, to you and your whole family. You have a fantastic attitude to life and will be a ok xxxx

Hi Dawn- very poor internet coverage now we have moved bt wanted to say all the best and let us know what happens as I will xxxx

P.S wehave our rental bond inspection tomorrow- hope ours goes ok-the house is spotless....

Hi Connie, same here internet is very hit and miss!

Our inspection was done the afternoon we moved out, whilst the shippers were here lol, so house was a tip! But the new people were moving in on saturday, she was here all of 10 mins, Hopefully we both will be fine,

Look forward to hearing from you once you are back home, not sure how often in the next couple of days i will manage to log on! Wishing you all the happiness in the world hun, take care, good luck tomorrow :hug: xx

Hi Connie, same here internet is very hit and miss!

Our inspection was done the afternoon we moved out, whilst the shippers were here lol, so house was a tip! But the new people were moving in on saturday, she was here all of 10 mins, Hopefully we both will be fine,

Look forward to hearing from you once you are back home, not sure how often in the next couple of days i will manage to log on! Wishing you all the happiness in the world hun, take care, good luck tomorrow :hug: xx

good luck dawny and connie where are you both heading to - meet up for returnees in oct if you want to join us

xx

good luck dawny and connie where are you both heading to - meet up for returnees in oct if you want to join us

xx

Many thanks!

We are heading back to Bournemouth, But a meet up would be good with plenty of notice depending where you will be, xx

Keep in touch as im sure we can come up with something xx

Many thanks!

We are heading back to Bournemouth, But a meet up would be good with plenty of notice depending where you will be, xx

Keep in touch as im sure we can come up with something xx

Me too as long as I have plenty of notice-should be ok to meet up. (going bck to Yorkshire with excellent train links lol!)

Inspection was a breeze so bond will be in the bank today/tomorrow.

Will update as soon as I can when back- safe flight Dawn and let us know how people react...lol xx

Me too as long as I have plenty of notice-should be ok to meet up. (going bck to Yorkshire with excellent train links lol!)

Inspection was a breeze so bond will be in the bank today/tomorrow.

Will update as soon as I can when back- safe flight Dawn and let us know how people react...lol xx

good luck and will be in touch re meet up

x

Guest gail.crease
Hi Dawny,

It sounds as if you're telling our story - I hope everything works out well for you and your family. We are hopefully leaving in three weeks (and using GRACE), we can't wait now.

Just wanted to find out - how long have you been in Australia?

Good luck with everything and have a safe journey HOME!!

Good luck with your move back.

Can I ask how much a container costs to ship back.

Thanks

Archived