Priority Processing for GSM

ptlabs

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tvita
So those who are not on the new SOL cannot move up the pecking order without reapplying and forking out more cash - that's pretty sad. No SMPs yet either - poor organisation. What of those who were on the CSL, but are now not even on the new SOL e.g. Pharmacists and certain Computer Professionals under priority 4 ?

It states on the information sheet:

"Applicants with a nominated occupation of Computing Professional (nec), Hospital Pharmacist and Retail Pharmacist, who have already been allocated a case officer, will be contacted directly by their case officer to advise processing arrangements."

Anyone know what that means as it applies to us ?

Hi, could you please give me a link to this information sheet from where it was copied. Thank you in advance!

Guest Irmaal
Do remember all assesment by CPA required IELTS-7 from 1st July 2010 onwards.

And what about those applicants, who have assessment received in 2009 without IELTS-7? Do they also fall in CAT 3?

is u r occupation on new SOL

my understanding is any one holding valid CPA assessment done before July 2010 do not require IELTS 7.0 unless require to do new assessment for any reason.

Any one trying for 175 under SOL 3 after July 1 and have achived 120 points without IELTS band 7.0 (may require to achive lesser band to prove proficient English if you are not national of English speaking countries) can apply under processing cat 3. If you have IELTS band 7.0 that will give you extra 10 points in case you are short of 120

However, if you are waiting for SMP than state may /will ask you valid IELTS band 7.0 ( in each module).Some states ask less than 7.00 as well

Guest PasonJayne

Could someone just clarify something for me.

1) I lodged a 175 GSM Auto Electrician on the 30th December 2009

2) Auto Electrician was listed on Victorias State Migration Plan 2009/2010 so state sponsorship was applied for and granted in January.

3) Therefore the 175 now becomes a 176 as in same visa sub class.

New Guidelines

Auto Electrician is on SOL criteria 3 so now means Priority Processing 3.

QUESTION: If in August 2010 when SMPs come out for Victoria if Auto Electrician is on there do i move up to Priority Processing 2 ??? Also what happens to my original granted state sponsorship for Auto Electrician, does this not put me in to Priority group 2 because it was on SMP for 2009/2010??

Many thanks,

With commentary already made on this and other threads, those who continue to have concerns about their personal situation and strategy should seriously consider engaging a competent migration advisor - or should ask their existing advisor if they already have one.

Best regards.

Guest Mongobear

Hi PJ,

in case it makes its way to the SMP then yes, you'll be in priority two.

Good luck !

Uli

Could someone just clarify something for me.

1) I lodged a 175 GSM Auto Electrician on the 30th December 2009

2) Auto Electrician was listed on Victorias State Migration Plan 2009/2010 so state sponsorship was applied for and granted in January.

3) Therefore the 175 now becomes a 176 as in same visa sub class.

New Guidelines

Auto Electrician is on SOL criteria 3 so now means Priority Processing 3.

QUESTION: If in August 2010 when SMPs come out for Victoria if Auto Electrician is on there do i move up to Priority Processing 2 ??? Also what happens to my original granted state sponsorship for Auto Electrician, does this not put me in to Priority group 2 because it was on SMP for 2009/2010??

Many thanks,

Hi All,

I'll be honest and say that I haven't read through all 200 posts on this topic, so I apologise if someone has already answered this question. :laugh:

With the new priority processing changes announced this month, I just want to know exactly where we stand.

My husband is applying as a General Electrician.

We were granted WA State Spons at the beginning of the year and were previously in Cat 5 for processing.

In June'10, WA released a State Priority Occupations List, and my husband's occupation was listed as TOP priority.

What I'm basically asking is: If we already HAVE the State Spons, and if the SMP goes ahead, will be classed as Cat 2? Or how does it work?

And what time frame are we looking at? Are we still looking at 3 years from application to visa granted? Our visa application was lodged (via an agent) in Oct'09, so does this mean we should have the visa around Oct2012?

This is all too much info for me :eek: You would think that our visa agent would keep us updated, but no such luck..... I'm relying on all the helpful people on PIO!!

Thanks!

From Catherine

Hi All,

I'll be honest and say that I haven't read through all 200 posts on this topic, so I apologise if someone has already answered this question. :laugh:

With the new priority processing changes announced this month, I just want to know exactly where we stand.

My husband is applying as a General Electrician.

We were granted WA State Spons at the beginning of the year and were previously in Cat 5 for processing.

In June'10, WA released a State Priority Occupations List, and my husband's occupation was listed as TOP priority.

What I'm basically asking is: If we already HAVE the State Spons, and if the SMP goes ahead, will be classed as Cat 2? Or how does it work?

And what time frame are we looking at? Are we still looking at 3 years from application to visa granted? Our visa application was lodged (via an agent) in Oct'09, so does this mean we should have the visa around Oct2012?

This is all too much info for me :eek: You would think that our visa agent would keep us updated, but no such luck..... I'm relying on all the helpful people on PIO!!

Thanks!

From Catherine

Hi Catherine

My understanding is that if you O/H occupation is on the new Schedule 3 then you are now in priority group 3. The current customer charter says that this group has a 3 year wait but this had not been updated when I last looked so this may change. The SMP's are going to come out at some point (not sure when they are saying towards the end of the year now but that could change!!!) if the SMP for your state has your O/H occfupation on it then you will get bumped up to priorty 2 which should mean that you get your visa fairly quickly.

If I am wrong about this then I am sure that someone will let you know soon but this is how I have read it for my O/H who is a painter and decorator.

Jules

OK my head is hurting with all this! I've read and re-read everything and keep coming up with different questions that I feel are unanswered...well actually there are tonnes of unanswered questions...

for example...

we applied for a 175 in FEB 09. Subsequent to being removed from the CSL we applied for WA SS in Aug and finally got it Feb 1st 2010. So now OH's trade Welder 1st class is on the new SOL and fingers crossed it will also be on their SMP.

However for now it seems we are CAT 3. But what DIAC don't seem to have clarified and I would hazard a guess there are LOADS of us in this boat..... is this... how will they now process those CAT 3 applications? Will they actually go back and do it on a first come first served basis...(and will that be based on visa app date or SS approval date?) or will they, as they did following Sept 23rd changes... process applications from people who front loaded regardless of the date they actually submitted their application..... because we've certainly seen quite a number of visa grants from CAT 5's who applied late last summer with front loaded meds and pc's!

Would at least be good to know, having already been 18 months in the queue whether we can expect DIAC to start looking at the "OLD" applications soon (and yes I'm well aware that some poor folk have been waiting even longer than us and I hope that you guys get your visas soon too! ).

OK my head is hurting with all this! I've read and re-read everything and keep coming up with different questions that I feel are unanswered...well actually there are tonnes of unanswered questions...

for example...

we applied for a 175 in FEB 09. Subsequent to being removed from the CSL we applied for WA SS in Aug and finally got it Feb 1st 2010. So now OH's trade Welder 1st class is on the new SOL and fingers crossed it will also be on their SMP.

However for now it seems we are CAT 3. But what DIAC don't seem to have clarified and I would hazard a guess there are LOADS of us in this boat..... is this... how will they now process those CAT 3 applications? Will they actually go back and do it on a first come first served basis...(and will that be based on visa app date or SS approval date?) or will they, as they did following Sept 23rd changes... process applications from people who front loaded regardless of the date they actually submitted their application..... because we've certainly seen quite a number of visa grants from CAT 5's who applied late last summer with front loaded meds and pc's!

Would at least be good to know, having already been 18 months in the queue whether we can expect DIAC to start looking at the "OLD" applications soon (and yes I'm well aware that some poor folk have been waiting even longer than us and I hope that you guys get your visas soon too! ).

I would guess that they switch back to first come first served for all those in the group, based on initial filing date. The big question is do they anticipate the SMPs' to be released soon, and hold of on processing Cat3 for now? Or start processing Cat3 because they know SMP's will be a while? Will be interesting to see the visa grants and CO's assigned this next week.

I would guess that they switch back to first come first served for all those in the group, based on initial filing date. The big question is do they anticipate the SMPs' to be released soon, and hold of on processing Cat3 for now? Or start processing Cat3 because they know SMP's will be a while? Will be interesting to see the visa grants and CO's assigned this next week.

The big question indeed!!! Will be interesting to see what happens in the next couple of weeks

The big question indeed!!! Will be interesting to see what happens in the next couple of weeks

This is one of the biggest question. Well, Minister Evans has only 30 days of days and nights. And I am sure Minister has to take some sleeping pills before going to sleep. And I am telling you all, the applicants who are still in pipeline still have to see much more drama. These applications has to go through many more sleepless nights as I am doing for last 3 years.

I'm a midwife & have just lodged my app for a PR 175 visa. I had previously been told that it would be priority processed, in about 6-7 months, because my nominated occupation is on the 'critical' list. But according to the DIAC website its now 15 months???

Is that right? Do any other nurses or midwives who have gone through this process found it any quicker?? For a 175? :huh:

Guest grooovy

Hi Mat,

The other question is whether they will process Cat3 when the SMPs will be in place and new SMP Cat2 applicants will be applying?

It seems, that unless DIAC won't change the current priority concept, I am afraid, Cat3 will have to wait for a (looong) time when there will be no Cat2 applicants, which for me seems to be impossible... as the new applicants will apply for SMP to get a higher priority. :goofy:

Regards,

Alex

Hi Mat,

The other question is whether they will process Cat3 when the SMPs will be in place and new SMP Cat2 applicants will be applying?

It seems, that unless DIAC won't change the current priority concept, I am afraid, Cat3 will have to wait for a (looong) time when there will be no Cat2 applicants, which for me seems to be impossible... as the new applicants will apply for SMP to get a higher priority. :goofy:

Regards,

Alex

When the SMP's are released I guess that one of 2 things will happen. 1) People with SS who are on the SMP will automatically be switched to Cat2 in the DIAC computer system. or 2) People who think they should be SMP will have to contact DIAC, to have them flagged as SMP in the computer system (i believe they did something similar when CSL was first released) in theory it should be a somewhat seamless and instant process

once the SMP is released... but who knows.

Guest grooovy

I agree with options you proposed for people with SS, but what about those who don't have SS now. Are they will be allowed to get it, if their occupation is on SMP?

Another unclear issue: how DIAC will treat those of Cat3 who decide not to get or are unable to get an SMP sponsorship? Will they ever be processed taking into account a constant flow of Cat2 applicants?

I am worrying since they could be in a position similar to that in which old Cat4 vs Cat5 were:

no movement in old Cat5 because there are always new applicants from old Cat4 (CSL w/o SS).

PS: I am not pretending to get clear answers, just thinking aloud... :) But it would be great if anyone has an idea...

Cheers,

Alex

Guest pippa1

Hey

Just be glad you are in category 3, at least you have hope. Some of us are in category 4 and have 2 chances of getting a visa; slim or none!

I would love to be in Category 3.

I will watch you all come and go, as I have done over the last 18 months while I sit at the bottom of the ever increasing pile. When will they EVER have no applications in Cat 1-3!!!

I wish I could just forget the whole thing, but I can't as I'm here already

Arghhhhhhhh

Guest Gollywobbler
will it create an effect of introducing a two-times larger CSL?

Hi Jains

Yes - I think it will, and it could be more than twice as much of a problem as the old CSL.

Cheers

Gill

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Matt

I'll bet that they won't change back to "first come, first served."

There is a pecking order within the new Cat 3 because the size of the new Cat 3 almost certainly exceeds the number of GSM visas available for 2010-2011. DIAC have carefully avoided describing what the new pecking order will be within Cat 3.

They told a Nurse yesterday that irrespective of which visa she applies for, she will be fast tracked. She hasn't even applied for a visa as yet.

Cheers

Gill

Guest Gollywobbler
When the SMP's are released I guess that one of 2 things will happen. 1) People with SS who are on the SMP will automatically be switched to Cat2 in the DIAC computer system. or 2) People who think they should be SMP will have to contact DIAC, to have them flagged as SMP in the computer system (i believe they did something similar when CSL was first released) in theory it should be a somewhat seamless and instant process

once the SMP is released... but who knows.

Hi again, Matt

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/agents-information/91002-gsm-changes-some-faqs.html

Please see the thread above. DIAC have told Alan Collett that it ought to be possible to rely on DIAC's computer to do all the work automatically, but just in case a brand new computer system that cost $25 million AUD is not quite up to the job.....:wubclub:

This new computer system goes by the name of "Systems for People," by the way. Presumably the "People" concerned are the members of DIAC's own staff. It would be facile to imagine that this expensive new toy could be aimed at helping anyone else, I suspect.

Cheers

Gill

Archived