Priority Processing for GSM

ptlabs

Guest amadewingeril

Hi everyone!

I also got a sponsorship from WA in sept. 2009 (offlist nomination). However, I did not use it as before I can lodge a 176 visa application again changes in rules were implemented that basically made state sponsored applicants not a priority. I called up DIAC and they advised me to just stick to my lodged 475 relative sponsored application (lodgment date: feb 2008). Stupid of me because I listened to their advise that I did not lodge a 176 state sponsored application. If only I did not take up their advise then my visa would be approved already this sept. Taking cue of the recent released estimated time processing of 12 mos. from lodgment. I really regret that move. Now, I am waiting for the WA SMP so that I can lodge a new 176 state sponsored application, utilizing my offlist nomination approved last year. Are my plans correct? Will this move make me Cat. 2?

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did anyone already sponsored by WA asked them about what will be there status once SMP are released and nominated occupation for which the state sponsored them is not in the list ?

Hi Jimm,

I asked that very question and they refused to comment.

Cheers,

John

Hi Jimm,

I asked that very question and they refused to comment.

Cheers,

John

And I wonder why they are refusing to comment? DIAC are pulling all the strings and I'll bet they (the states) get no say in the matter, no matter what the specific needs of the individual states are!! Its getting more and more depressing as the weeks go on, really needing a rant :arghh: Sorry!!:wubclub:

Guest JohnandLisa

What happens if you have changed occupation directions to the one on your visa?

Do we change/can we change the visa?

Fed up and waiting...Lisa

Thanks John for your reply i was about to email them asking the same question.

I hope and pray WA would honor the sponsorship they have given us otherwise there credibility is going to be 0X0=0 and i hope DIAC realize this too.

Guest jumbojet

That is exactly how I feel...mad! Feel like DIAC has essentially scrapped the CSL for the SOL list 3....

• 3 weeks later...
Guest tabatha

:err:So guys..I applied 175 oct 2009.. occupation was on modl list then.... SS recieved for WA 3 weeks ago... (1st Q) So if My occupation is on WA smp does this move me up????

(2nd Q) As applied before changes to gsm then i assume the new sol does not apply to me at the moment???

(Q3)Or do I have to be on SOL and SMP for western Aus to move up or just SMP as I have SS.

(Q4) When does the wa smp get to press????

(Q5) if I am on smp for wa and I move to up to cat 2...What's the timeline for getting a CO and then Visa??

Thanks Guy's.. But my heads Buzzin at the moment.. Hope this all makes sense...

Archived