Priority Processing for GSM

ptlabs

Guest grooovy

Hi all,

These new priorities sounds very promising for some applicants.

But, what about the old ones?

I applied a year ago, my nominated ASCO occupation appears both in Schedule 1 and Schedule 3.

Does this news pushes me into Category 3? or Schedule 3 is only for NEW applicants who have been applying since July, 1. ???

Thank you!

Alex

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest stayer

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if this is good news for me and most of people. Processing time for group 4 is now 2 years, so should I be looking forward to hear from my case officer soon? I applied just 2 years ago.

I used to be in category 7, which has recently not been processed at all (according to my info).

Do these arrangements mean that all application are being processed now? :wub:

Thanks!

Priority group 4, 2294-11, 885 lodged 8/2008, IELTS 8 average

Guest parkinfour

How do we know what the processing times are? One post is saying priority 4 is 2 years? Under old processing we were cat and had processing time of 3 years? Maybe there might be something positive from the new priority four...I am just about to get the globe out for other options otherwise x

Guest stayer
How do we know what the processing times are? One post is saying priority 4 is 2 years? Under old processing we were cat and had processing time of 3 years? Maybe there might be something positive from the new priority four...I am just about to get the globe out for other options otherwise x

Client Service Charter

Guest stayer
thanks for the post but does the charter not apply to the old priorities?

I believe this is the only processing times table and it seems to be updated, it says:

Processing times for applications lodged on or after 1 September 2007

I read that George is saying that the state is lobbying for allowing the Cat. 4 to move to Cat 2 without having to re-apply.

Anyway, things would become clearer with the help of professionals like George Lombard. Kudos to them! Cheers!:wubclub:

From I understood , state sponsored visa 176 will be different to SMP visa wich would be called by another name or number and that's why old ss applicants should lodge a new application to move to a higher priority ,in other words they should switch their visa by repaying the 2520$ .

Diac always say PEOPLE OUR BUSINESS ,nobody will doubt on this in the future!!!!!!!

It will be a real shame to apply two times to have one visa !

My last hope is on WA SMP .I am hoping they will not disappoint us

fingers crossed for everyone!!!!

Guest JK2510
From I understood , state sponsored visa 176 will be different to SMP visa wich would be called by another name or number and that's why old ss applicants should lodge a new application to move to a higher priority ,in other words they should switch their visa by repaying the 2520$ .

Diac always say PEOPLE OUR BUSINESS ,nobody will doubt on this in the future!!!!!!!

Hi,

Is there conformation that if were in cat 3 or 4 or are on the SMPs(cat 2) we will still need to re apply and pay even though we aready have a SS.

Oh... that will be too bad... We shed lots of money for getting SS. To enter into SMP another application fee?? Then... better bye... bye...

Satish

Hi,

Is there conformation that if were in cat 3 or 4 or are on the SMPs(cat 2) we will still need to re apply and pay even though we aready have a SS.

Updated Priority Processing Arrangements for Skilled Migration Visas - Effective from 14 July 2010 Hi Jodie,

There is no confirmation of what I said ,it's just a speculation and my personal interpretation of has been published by DIAC:

Options available to applicants in priority group 4

Applicants with nominated occupations in priority group 4 will have a long wait for visa processing. The options available for applicants who were outside Australia when they made their application are:

· continue to await a decision on their visa application

· consider eligibility for an employer sponsored visa, which would require a new visa application;

· consider eligibility for nomination by a state or territory government under a state migration plan, which would require a new visa application

· withdraw their application.

You can find the information on http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/pdf/priority-processing-14-july-2010.pdf

I believe this is the old client charter an has yet to be updated. Under the first table it says

"# Applications from persons who are nominated by a state/territory government in accordance with an approved State Migration Plan or applicants who have nominated an occupation on the Critical Skills List (CSL)."

Why would it mention CSL if they removed it from the processing priorities. This is why I think it is not yet updated.

I believe this is the old client charter an has yet to be updated. Under the first table it says

"# Applications from persons who are nominated by a state/territory government in accordance with an approved State Migration Plan or applicants who have nominated an occupation on the Critical Skills List (CSL)."

Why would it mention CSL if they removed it from the processing priorities. This is why I think it is not yet updated.

Yes you are absolutly right ! the new processing time will be updated soon

Guest JK2510
Updated Priority Processing Arrangements for Skilled Migration Visas - Effective from 14 July 2010 Hi Jodie,

There is no confirmation of what I said ,it's just a speculation and my personal interpretation of has been published by DIAC:

Options available to applicants in priority group 4

Applicants with nominated occupations in priority group 4 will have a long wait for visa processing. The options available for applicants who were outside Australia when they made their application are:

· continue to await a decision on their visa application

· consider eligibility for an employer sponsored visa, which would require a new visa application;

· consider eligibility for nomination by a state or territory government under a state migration plan, which would require a new visa application

· withdraw their application.

You can find the information on http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/pdf/priority-processing-14-july-2010.pdf

Hi,

What about if your in cat 3 does the above apply to them cat 3ers also??

Hi,

What about if your in cat 3 does the above apply to them cat 3ers also??

These arrangements are for priority group 4 applicants seeking to be on the SMP's to avoid a long waiting time .I think you are in a good position because priority group 3 will be processed faster

A little off track sorry, could anyone tell me if bricklayers are on the new SOL?. My computer wont allow me to download PDF for some reason only going to word so cannot get any of the new updates.

Thanks

YES! Bricklayer (331111) is on the new SOL so you are CAT 3

Guest Petra & Dave

So Im Confused ,so being a gsm175 Vehicle painter applied in aug 08. Vehicle painter is on the new cat 3 sol so does that make me Cat 3???

cheers Dave

So Im Confused ,so being a gsm175 Vehicle painter applied in aug 08. Vehicle painter is on the new cat 3 sol so does that make me Cat 3???

cheers Dave

Occupations on the SOL - Schedule 3 in effect at 1 July 2010 – priority group 3

All applicants with a nominated occupation on the SOL - Schedule 3 are included in priority group 3. This includes both independent applicants and applicants sponsored by an Australian family member or nominated by a state or territory government (but not on a state migration plan).

Hi all,

Could someone expain this:

Applicants that have been nominated by a state or territory government agency in an occupation that is subsequently specified in their nominating state or territory’s state migration plan will receive processing under priority group 2.

Does this mean we don't need to reapply to move to cat 2? Am I wrong?

Hi all,

Applicants that have been nominated by a state or territory government agency in an occupation that is subsequently specified in their nominating state or territory’s state migration plan will receive processing under priority group 2.

It does say what many want to hear but where did you get that from ? Can you please send me the link. Thanks

Guest cbetuel

Q17 I applied for GSM. If my nominated occupation is not in Schedule 3 of the SOL in effect at 1 July 2010 can my application receive higher priority processing?

Yes if you are nominated by a state or territory government under a state migration plan.

Applicants who lodged before 1 July 2010 that have been nominated by a state or territory government agency

in an occupation that is subsequently specified in their nominating state or territory’s state migration plan will

receive processing under priority group 2.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/pdf/gsm-priority-processing-faqs.pdf

Guest archisami
Hi all,

Hi houciaus2010,

I was browsing all the thread to see if somebody asks the hottest question that made many assumptions and finally you did it,thanks.

As you see there is no word of reapply or reassess in this statement,I hope so.

Wish we had the agent's opinion too.

Hi houciaus2010,

I was browsing all the thread to see if somebody asks the hottest question that made many assumptions and finally you did it,thanks.

As you see there is no word of reapply or reassess in this statement,I hope so.

Wish we had the agent's opinion too.

Thanks archisami,

I am hoping all ss applicants would jump to cat 2 without lodging a new application ,this is the least that Diac could do for us !!!

Good luck for everyone

Archived