Priority Processing for GSM

ptlabs

If I am not wrong ur on Priority 3 as ur sponsored by family member..

But it says Applications from people who have nominated an occupation on the new Skilled Occupation List (SOL) – Schedule 3 in effect from 1 July 2010.

I am from old SOL.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We will need a clarification from an agent on this because if it applies to those who have SS right now and are on the old SOL then they will have to apply again !!!!

If someone can clarify this, it could otherwise mean disaster for many !!!

I anticipate (but am not certain at this stage) that this flags a possible change to the Migration Regulations.

I will make an enquiry of DIAC.

Best regards.

thanks Alan..we are not on the schedule 3 so does it work the other way too.. just family sponsor 176 = priority 3? or I am in the not a hope 'priority 4'?

Not on Schedule 3 means wait for the SMPs to be published, and hope your occupation appears.

Until then you are in priority category 4.

Best regards.

So to be on the schedule 3 of the SOL, I'll have to redo skills assessment, medicals, ielts and lodge a new visa application? Fork another $5000? Evans must really think that money grows on trees. Plus there's no guarantee that he won't change the rules yet again!

The only new visa application I see myself lodging is Canada's...

And I dare say that is precisely what Minister Evans and his Government would want.

They have gazillions of skilled visa applications ... this is a war of attrition. If you're not up for the battle I'm sure there's another less desirable country for you ... (with all due respect to our Canadian and Kiwi friends!).

Best regards.

I,m really exited with these changes as I think this is the opportunity for Accountants those who were stuck in the system due to CSL.

Now question is that how many cat 3 applicants are there who applied before 2010.

Hope They start processing in FIFO method. This will clear the backlog.

THANKS TO Mr. Chris Evans. At least you are in the right track at last.

It means Priority 3 is made up of

1. Independent applicants who are on SOL,

2.Application Sponsored by state or a family member

Correct me if I am wrong matey.

Hi VB

Yes you are right, as far as I can see...

:wubclub:

Looks like good common sense reorgansiation of priority processing. Of course there are winners/losers - unfinalised 175 CSL visas are now back in group 3 (terribly unfortunate), those excluded from the new SOL whose applications are pending are right back at the end of the queue which is a tough blow and some will need to pay for a new application (to switch from a 175 to a cat 2 176). Perhaps the worst news is for those just finalising their meds/PCC, it must be awful to be moved back into a holding pen when they were so close.

Having said this, the new plans prioritise those applications which are deemed to meet Australia's current needs. So it's difficult to argue with them. Bring on the SMPs...

Thanks Alan

So Cat 4 !!! Unless on SMP ( Very Unlikely !!)

We have 176 lodged after geeting WA SS. The announcement in Feb 2010 said thiose lodged would not be effected by the new SOl.

Am i reading this right or have we just been well and truly shunted to the back of the queue ???

Thanks

Shane

Thanks Alan

So Cat 4 !!! Unless on SMP ( Very Unlikely !!)

We have 176 lodged after geeting WA SS. The announcement in Feb 2010 said thiose lodged would not be effected by the new SOl.

Am i reading this right or have we just been well and truly shunted to the back of the queue ???

Thanks

Shane

I fear the news isn't good for you, Shane ...

Best regards.

Guest guest41018

So those who are not on the new SOL cannot move up the pecking order without reapplying and forking out more cash - that's pretty sad. No SMPs yet either - poor organisation. What of those who were on the CSL, but are now not even on the new SOL e.g. Pharmacists and certain Computer Professionals under priority 4 ?

It states on the information sheet:

"Applicants with a nominated occupation of Computing Professional (nec), Hospital Pharmacist and Retail Pharmacist, who have already been allocated a case officer, will be contacted directly by their case officer to advise processing arrangements."

Anyone know what that means as it applies to us ?

Hi alan

When you say not good ... does that mean Cat 4 will never get processed or a very long wait !!!

This is very concerning . Why get sponsored in the first place.

The man is a disgrace !!

Shane

Guest Mongobear

"Applicants [...] who have already been allocated a case officer."

[/size]

I think this is the sticking point here. There won't be many of them since most of them were on the CSL (Thank god it's dead !) and have already been processed.

Cheers

uli (2231-79 (nec) - cat4 )

Dear All,

pls dont be confused by the below statement:

consider eligibility for nomination by a state or territory government under a state migration plan, which would require a new visa application

Option 1: (Applicants after 1st July) :the applicants who will apply after 1st July based on new SOL, obviously need to submit new application.No Doubt.

Option 2: (Applicants after after sep, 2007 but before 1st July 2010) :

a) If applicants fall in ENS or RSRM get 1st priority (no need to resubmit application)

b) If applicants fall in State Sponsorship with SMP then get 2nd highest priority (no need to resubmit application)

c) If applicants fall in new SOL-3(updated and effected from 1st July), then get 3rd priority (no need to resubmit application)

d) If applicants fall in SOL-1 & SOL-2( but not in SMP,ENS, RSMS, SOL-3), then get 4th priority which will not solve before 3 years. If they want to withdraw their application for delay, DIAC will not pay their application fees.

Conclusion: If any applicants (fall in 4th catagory) are not satiesfied and want to be in SMP, ENS, RSMS or SOL-3 cat, then need to reapply with new application including govt. fees.

So its your choise if you like to wait or reapply.....

Aivaan

Cat 475

Waiting for SA SMP

Occupations on the SOL - Schedule 3 in effect at 1 July 2010 – priority group 3

All applicants with a nominated occupation on the SOL - Schedule 3 are included in priority group 3. This includes both independent applicants and applicants sponsored by an Australian family member or nominated by a state or territory government (but not on a state migration plan).

Priority group 3 includes all applicants with a nominated occupation of accountant, except those already included in priority groups 1 or 2.[/Quote]

Does this mean old family sponsored applicants also fall under Priority 4?

Guest guest41018
I think this is the sticking point here. There won't be many of them since most of them were on the CSL (Thank god it's dead !) and have already been processed.

Cheers

uli (2231-79 (nec) - cat4 )

Indeed it is. We applied 15th July 09 as Hospital Pharmacist, currently awaiting Form 80 results since early January. Anyone think it is likely that they will be processed as they were or is it to the back of the queue ?

Guest Mongobear
Does this mean old family sponsored applicants also fall under Priority 4?

Yes, that's right.

Guest psharma

Hi friends,

I am Sept 2008 885 applicant and applied as 2231-79(Recent Grad), I am so confused with new changes released today.

I am not sure if am in schedule -3.

Do I have to lodge new application if I get reassessed from ACS as 261311 Analyst programmer.

Thanks!

Just a further point. Why the emphasis on Schedule 3 as this refers to visa lodged after the 1.7.2010. Schedule 1 refered to visas lodged prior to this date . what will happen with these people that had already lodged. Schedule 1 must have a meaning. Curious as my OH occupation is on Scvhedul 1 but not 3 and we have lodeged !!!

Shane

Guest proud2beaussie
Indeed it is. We applied 15th July 09 as Hospital Pharmacist, currently awaiting Form 80 results since early January. Anyone think it is likely that they will be processed as they were or is it to the back of the queue ?

Do you have a case officer yet? I noticed this on the IMMi site.

Applicants with a nominated occupation of Computing Professional (nec), Hospital Pharmacist

and Retail Pharmacist, who have already been allocated a case officer, will be contacted directly

by their case officer to advise processing arrangements.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/pdf/priority-processing-14-july-2010.pdf

Guest Mongobear

According to the FAQ (Q11) you are back in the queue. Sorry.

Guest Mongobear
Hi friends,

I am Sept 2008 885 applicant and applied as 2231-79(Recent Grad), I am so confused with new changes released today.

I am not sure if am in schedule -3.

Do I have to lodge new application if I get reassessed from ACS as 261311 Analyst programmer.

Thanks!

If you want to be processed with priority you'll have to lodge a new application. Else, you are in priority 4. It's still not crystal clear what they'll do with the 2231-79 applicants since this group is very diverse. So it would be wise to wait a little longer before taking any action.

Guest guest41018
Do you have a case officer yet? I noticed this on the IMMi site.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/pdf/priority-processing-14-july-2010.pdf

Got a case officer November last year, did medicals/PCCs in January this year and waiting since then for Form 80 for wife to be completed.

What do you reckon that means ? Do you think it is some transition arrangement for those on CSL, but not new SOL or a feeble apology from the CO for the changes and a shunting to the back of the queue ?

Guest psharma
If you want to be processed with priority you'll have to lodge a new application. Else, you are in priority 4. It's still not crystal clear what they'll do with the 2231-79 applicants since this group is very diverse. So it would be wise to wait a little longer before taking any action.

Thanks Mongobear,

Yes, I am also thinking of waiting a bit as they might come up with some other trasitional arrangements for 223-79 applicants.

Fingers crossed!

Guest Mongobear
Just a further point. Why the emphasis on Schedule 3 as this refers to visa lodged after the 1.7.2010. Schedule 1 refered to visas lodged prior to this date . what will happen with these people that had already lodged. Schedule 1 must have a meaning. Curious as my OH occupation is on Scvhedul 1 but not 3 and we have lodeged !!!

Shane

Schedule 1 is just the old SOL. If you have already lodged and your application will be (hopefully) processed with priority 4. Welcome to the club ;)

Archived