Priority Processing for GSM

ptlabs

Guest GemandJay
You are absolutely right. You will jump to Cat 3 and then possibly Cat 2. This is the time for you to be really excited :biggrin:

:hug::biggrin::biggrin:

OMG god are you serious no wayyyyyyyyy, cannot, will not, get tooooo excited until we hear about CO or our agents.... but have just done a small jig (dance)! x

Fingers arms legs ALL crossed x

Thanks Ozzieland

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Occupations on the SOL - Schedule 3 in effect at 1 July 2010 – priority group 3

All applicants with a nominated occupation on the SOL - Schedule 3 are included in priority group 3. This includes both independent applicants and applicants sponsored by an Australian family member or nominated by a state or territory government (but not on a state migration plan).

Priority group 3 includes all applicants with a nominated occupation of accountant, except those already included in priority groups 1 or 2.

What does this bold ,Italic line means? This is out my understanding. They always play with words.

Hi VB

The words in bold, from what I understand, is that if you are on the new SOL schedule 3 you will fall into Cat 3. So if you have a sponsor by family or state (but are not included on the new SMP) then you also fall into Cat 3, as long as you are on the schedule 3 SOL. Having a family sponsor or SS does not give you any extra priority over an independent applicant.

So, if I read this correctly, those of us who changed from the 175 visa to the 176 visa really should not have bothered as it does not benefit you at all and was a waste of time and money being sponsored by the state! I was hoping that those who had SS would fall slightly higher than someone who had not gained SS.

Tasha :wubclub:

:hug::biggrin::biggrin:

OMG god are you serious no wayyyyyyyyy, cannot, will not, get tooooo excited until we hear about CO or our agents.... but have just done a small jig (dance)! x

Fingers arms legs ALL crossed x

Thanks Ozzieland

Good luck !! I wish we can see more of such happy faces :biggrin: It is really nice after so much gloom

So all of a sudden I imagine a number of applicants with Schedule 3 occupations are silently hoping the SMPs won't be published for a number of months ...

The simplification is welcome (maybe the last action of this Immigration Minister?), but there will be winners and losers as a consequence.

Best regards.

Hi VB

The words in bold, from what I understand, is that if you are on the new SOL schedule 3 you will fall into Cat 3. So if you have a sponsor by family or state (but are not included on the new SMP) then you also fall into Cat 3, as long as you are on the schedule 3 SOL. Having a family sponsor or SS does not give you any extra priority over an independent applicant.

So, if I read this correctly, those of us who changed from the 175 visa to the 176 visa really should not have bothered as it does not benefit you at all and was a waste of time and money being sponsored by the state! I was hoping that those who had SS would fall slightly higher than someone who had not gained SS.

Tasha, exactly what I was thinking!! It seems as though those not on the SOl schedule 3 but with current SS will have exactly the same priority level as those without ss with the same occupation, it was worthless for US to have got SA SS (UNLESS OF COURSE THEY TAKE ME MASSIVELY BY SURPRISE AND INCLUDE HAIRDRESSING ON THEIR SMP:confused:)

:sad::sad:

Hi VB

It means Priority 3 is made up of

1. Independent applicants who are on SOL,

2.Application Sponsored by state or a family member

Correct me if I am wrong matey.

Hi

someone explians!!!!!!I'm so confused !!!!Please hellllllllllp

All other applications – priority group 4

Applicants with a nominated occupation that is not on the SOL - Schedule 3 in effect at 1 July 2010 and who are not employer sponsored or nominated by a state or territory government under a state migration plan, will be processed under priority group 4.

Applicants with a nominated occupation that is not on the SOL – Schedule 3 in effect at 1 July 2010 can only move into a higher priority group by lodging a new application with an employer sponsorship or a state or territory government nomination in an occupation specified under a state migration plan. Alternatively, applicants can only nominate a different occupation that is on the SOL – Schedule 3 by lodging a new application. It is not possible to change a nominated occupation or to change to an employer sponsored or state nominated visa category, unless a new application is lodged. A new application would require the payment of a new Visa Application Charge.

Options available to applicants in priority group 4

Applicants with nominated occupations in priority group 4 will have a long wait for visa processing. The options available for applicants who were outside Australia when they made their application are:

•continue to await a decision on their visa application

•consider eligibility for an employer sponsored visa, which would require a new visa application;

•consider eligibility for nomination by a state or territory government under a state migration plan, which would require a new visa application

withdraw their application.

From I understand,Old applicants :if your occupation is not on the new Sol and even it would appear on the SMP you should lodge a new application to move to higher priority!!!!:arghh: This seems to be a disaster:arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh:

Please someone explains:notworthy:

We have our fingers crossed for a miracle..... we are on wa high priority list which we are hoping will be part off the SMP listing . Our ss is for an off-list nomination for regional wa and not on the new Sol, so praying we are on the SMP's otherwise SS worthless we will be cat 4 and we will never get to Oz....

Guest parkinfour

To be in priority 3 ...do you have to be on the new SOL and family sponsored? We have a lodged 176 application under the old SOL with a family sponsor. From my reading I thought we would be priority four...and have pretty much a 'very long wait' on our hands? Any ideas? Well done to those of you who have gone up and will get processed soon, wish the whole back log would just cleared for everyone. Thanks x:wacko:

Hi

Applicants with a nominated occupation that is not on the SOL - Schedule 3 in effect at 1 July 2010 and who are not employer sponsored or nominated by a state or territory government under a state migration plan, will be processed under priority group 4.

Applicants with a nominated occupation that is not on the SOL – Schedule 3 in effect at 1 July 2010 can only move into a higher priority group by lodging a new application with an employer sponsorship or a state or territory government nomination in an occupation specified under a state migration plan. Alternatively, applicants can only nominate a different occupation that is on the SOL – Schedule 3 by lodging a new application. It is not possible to change a nominated occupation or to change to an employer sponsored or state nominated visa category, unless a new application is lodged. A new application would require the payment of a new Visa Application Charge.

Applicants with nominated occupations in priority group 4 will have a long wait for visa processing. The options available for applicants who were outside Australia when they made their application are:

•consider eligibility for an employer sponsored visa, which would require a new visa application;

•consider eligibility for nomination by a state or territory government under a state migration plan, which would require a new visa application

From I understand,Old applicants :if your occupation is not on the new Sol and even it would appear on the SMP you should lodge a new application to move to higher priority!!!!:arghh: This seems to be a disaster:arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh:

We will need a clarification from an agent on this because if it applies to those who have SS right now and are on the old SOL then they will have to apply again !!!!

If someone can clarify this, it could otherwise mean disaster for many !!!

Guest rupani
Lucky you ! I'm still in position 4 (175 with no catalysts) but hey, I've been priority 7 before and at least most of the "old" 176ers are now in the same pot and not in front of me ;)

Let's see how the processing times change during the next year. I cannot see why they should need 3 years to process my application when the immigration-program has just been tightened that much. Or is it on purpose ...

Thank you.

3 years is max.

Guest parkinfour

thanks Alan..we are not on the schedule 3 so does it work the other way too.. just family sponsor 176 = priority 3? or I am in the not a hope 'priority 4'?

Guest rupani
OK, this means if accountant is on SMP, we receive processing priority 2

I am waiting to apply for WA SMP under new rules applicable after July 2010

Yes, You are right. But that will take some time and during this I am expecting that Cat 3 shall be processed.

Guest rupani
I still have a question. What would be the time lines for an applicant who is listed in SOL? No employer or state sponsorship. Just plain listed in SOL.

I have sent an PLE and asked this question. Let's see what the answer is.

Hi

Although this sounds like it looks, if this is the case, then no one will be on the SMP except new applicants !!! IMO, I would think it is those who have applied for SS but their occupation is not on that state's SMP and will need to change to another state. I could be wrong. We desperately need clarification on this.

Guest rupani
So all of a sudden I imagine a number of applicants with Schedule 3 occupations are silently hoping the SMPs won't be published for a number of months ...

The simplification is welcome (maybe the last action of this Immigration Minister?), but there will be winners and losers as a consequence.

Best regards.

Yes, very true.

So to be on the schedule 3 of the SOL, I'll have to redo skills assessment, medicals, ielts and lodge a new visa application? Fork another $5000? Evans must really think that money grows on trees. Plus there's no guarantee that he won't change the rules yet again!

The only new visa application I see myself lodging is Canada's...

Guest Aivaanho

Dear All,

pls dont be confused by the below statement:

consider eligibility for nomination by a state or territory government under a state migration plan, which would require a new visa application

Option 1: (Applicants after 1st July) :the applicants who will apply after 1st July based on new SOL, obviously need to submit new application.No Doubt.

Option 2: (Applicants after after sep, 2007 but before 1st July 2010) :

a) If applicants fall in ENS or RSRM get 1st priority (no need to resubmit application)

b) If applicants fall in State Sponsorship with SMP then get 2nd highest priority (no need to resubmit application)

c) If applicants fall in new SOL-3(updated and effected from 1st July), then get 3rd priority (no need to resubmit application)

d) If applicants fall in SOL-1 & SOL-2( but not in SMP,ENS, RSMS, SOL-3), then get 4th priority which will not solve before 3 years. If they want to withdraw their application for delay, DIAC will not pay their application fees.

Conclusion: If any applicants (fall in 4th catagory) are not satiesfied and want to be in SMP, ENS, RSMS or SOL-3 cat, then need to reapply with new application including govt. fees.

So its your choise if you like to wait or reapply.....

Aivaan

Cat 475

Waiting for SA SMP

Archived