Priority Processing for GSM

ptlabs

Well said Ozzieland, my partner is a Hairdresser

Ref the SMP, @ Shan 07 ... I do believe Hairdressers may well be on it.

Hi Chris my Oh os a Hairdresser also.

I hope to God that you are right mate

Shane

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well said Ozzieland, my partner is a Hairdresser we applied Oct 08, got shafted in Jan 09 with the new CSL, got SS from WA last Dec, and now getting Shafted again ... DIAC have $2150.00 dollars of our hard earned money been sitting in there account for over 21 months gaining interest .. they cant budget for the money as if they cap and kill they have to give our money back ..

That is nonse about congestion every major city has congestion .... I found Sydney to have hardly any companred to London ..

Ref the SMP, @ Shan 07 ... I do believe Hairdressers may well be on it.

Everyone is specualting over the new SMP's even some agents until they are released nobody will no for sure, and please do not be offended but I hope all the applicants who where put to the back of the queue when the CSL get put back in front of all Applicants who jumped the queue.

Sorry Rant over

Chris

Rant away, Chris ... that's fine with me.

You are though at the whims and fancies of the Australian Government - you either accept that, or write off your money, withdraw your application, and move on.

Best regards.

Guest Tanjev

I'm really confused now :frown:

I'm applied 09.2008 for 175 as cabinetmaker. January 2010 WA approved my SS.

As Cabinetmaker i'm not on the new Sol but in the top priortity WA. With the new changes im not sure which category i am now, please can somebody bring light in the (my) dark??

thx in advance!!

Guest Mongobear
I'm really confused now :frown:

I'm applied 09.2008 for 175 as cabinetmaker. January 2010 WA approved my SS.

As Cabinetmaker i'm not on the new Sol but in the top priortity WA. With the new changes im not sure which category i am now, please can somebody bring light in the (my) dark??

thx in advance!!

Hi,

you've got to wait for the WA-SMP which is to be published sometime in August. If cabinetmaker is on that list, you'll be processed with priority two, if not you'll fall under category 4.

Good luck

Uli

Hi,

you've got to wait for the WA-SMP which is to be published sometime in August. If cabinetmaker is on that list, you'll be processed with priority two, if not you'll fall under category 4.

Good luck

Uli

Unfortunately Mongobear, this has not been clarified as yet. As per DIAC, if you are now in priority 4, you cannot move up to Priority 2 unless you lodge another application.

Guest Tanjev
Hi,

Good luck

Uli

Hi Mongobear,

thx for your fast reply!!

In the draft, which was published here in the Forum, i'm on the SMP WA List in the Top priority, but of course it isnt official now. So if this going well i should be in category 2 ?

THX!!

Everyone is specualting over the new SMP's even some agents until they are released nobody will no for sure, and please do not be offended but I hope all the applicants who where put to the back of the queue when the CSL get put back in front of all Applicants who jumped the queue.

Sorry Rant over

Chris

There is no queue jumping. Government decides who goes before who.

Guest Mongobear
Unfortunately Mongobear, this has not been clarified as yet. As per DIAC, if you are now in priority 4, you cannot move up to Priority 2 unless you lodge another application.

So if this going well i should be in category 2 ?

Here we go again ;)

Applicants that have been nominated by a state or territory government agency in an occupation that is subsequently specified in their nominating state or territory’s state migration plan will receive processing under priority group 2.

Page 3 on todays DIAC announcement.

Looks like me (886, family sponsored, 2231-79 ICT Recent grad) is group 4 and very long wait.

me tooo...885- ICT recent graduate, waiting since 2008 August 25 :confused:

Guest rooperman

From what I can see all of the changes over the last year or so have been made to try and deal with the vast oversupply of applicants in the system. I can completely understand Autralia wanting to have people with skills in demand entering the country. Being from the Uk I think a lot of us on this forum wish that our own government took more control over it's immigration policies.

What is unfortunate however is that the changes are still not affecting the input of applications into the system so the backlog is staying as it is. I can undertand that skills shortages are fluid, and someone who applies in 2008 may no longer be desperately needed in 2010. However, we make the choice to lodge an application on the basis of the information available at the time, so it is unfair to keep changing the goalposts for those who have lodged a valid application.

In my opinion the new Group 4 in the priority processing (of which I am likely to be one as I have NSW SS but don't think I'll make the SMP) are very unlikey to ever have their application processed. I think it would be fairer to cap these applications now so that people in this position at least have some closure on the situation, instead of hanging on for another few years. This would allow these applicants the opportunity to lodge a different application if possible, or else look at other options. This would, I am sure, cut the back log quite considerably. I for one would use the returned application fee to go towards going back to Australia and trying to secure an employer sponsored position.

I think it boils down to the fact that those in charge of immigration have already earmarked those applications that they don't forsee ever making the front of the queue. Would it not be fairer to simply let these people know. I am aware that all of this is unlikely as our visa application fees have already been spent.

Anyway good luck to those people that the new changes have benefitted. Lets just hope you get through before everything changes again.

Hi All,

I applied on 03.09.09 176 SS Accountant. Now Accountants are in Schedule 3 List which means I will come in Priority No.3. But if SA State is not including Accountants in SMP..... I have to continue in Priority No.3 itself with other 175 Accounats!!! We took SA Sponsorship only for the purpose of getting priority processing. Now we will get 176 visa only and we will be forced to stay in SA for minimum 2 years. Other 175 applicants can go any where in Aus.... Is am correct....

Anyways... for SMP we have to wait another couple of months.. so Category 3 processing will be started soon.... Ours is dated Sep 09 so definitely we have to wait for another 1 plus years.... Applicants are waiting from 2008 whose nominated occupation is in the Schedule 3.

Satish

Guest dragsterwish

With the new Priority Processing finally out, i think DIAC is ready to release the SMPs. Keep glue to the websites!

:SLEEP:

Guest JK2510

Hi

Can anyone advise as to the processing times of a cat 3? We first lodged in march 2009! So i hope were near front to middle of the pile!!

Guest dragsterwish
which priority processing are you currently on ?

We should be in Cat. 4 --> WA SS but not on the new SOL. The only thing keeping us positive now is that our occupation is on the TOP priority in WA's latest State Priority Occupation List. And hopefully, we are in the WA SMP. We just have to keep the spirit high rather than to live each day worrying about something that we have no control over now.

Good luck to those awaiting the SMPs! :cute:

Guest dragsterwish
Hi

Can anyone advise as to the processing times of a cat 3? We first lodged in march 2009! So i hope were near front to middle of the pile!!

DIAC is still updating its processing time in the Client Service Charter. Keep logging in to their website to check out the processing time. Most importantly, keep positive. :cute:

Guest JK2510
DIAC is still updating its processing time in the Client Service Charter. Keep logging in to their website to check out the processing time. Most importantly, keep positive. :cute:

Hi Dragster

We are top or high(which ever puts you at the top!) LOL.

We are on new SOL and applied under old sol. Had a good chat with my agent who comfirmed this.

She was unclear of processing times and the release of SMPs but she said its looking good for us to be on the SMPS. Im feeling positive today!! Might have a glass of wine later!!!

We should be in Cat. 4 --> WA SS but not on the new SOL. The only thing keeping us positive now is that our occupation is on the TOP priority in WA's latest State Priority Occupation List. And hopefully, we are in the WA SMP. We just have to keep the spirit high rather than to live each day worrying about something that we have no control over now.

Good luck to those awaiting the SMPs! :cute:

This is yet to be clarified. However DIAC have mentioned that Cat 4, if they wish to be transferred to the SMP will have to reapply for a fresh VISA.

Guest dragsterwish
This is yet to be clarified. However DIAC have mentioned that Cat 4, if they wish to be transferred to the SMP will have to reapply for a fresh VISA.

Hi Ozzieland, according to the DIAC Prority processing arrangement, Cat.4 applicant have to reapply for a fresh application to move to Cat. 3/2. This applies to applicants who has occupation not on SOL, not employer sponsor & not on the SMP.

For the current situation of SS holders, the fact whether they are on the SMP is not established. Therefore, these group are actually not Cat. 4. Once the SMP is out and these SS application is NOT on the SMP, then they would be officially Cat. 4 and NOT able to move to Cat. 2 unless they lodge a NEW application to be in the SMP.

Hi Ozzieland, according to the DIAC Prority processing arrangement, Cat.4 applicant have to reapply for a fresh application to move to Cat. 3/2. This applies to applicants who has occupation not on SOL, not employer sponsor & not on the SMP.

For the current situation of SS holders, the fact whether they are on the SMP is not established. Therefore, these group are actually not Cat. 4. Once the SMP is out and these SS application is NOT on the SMP, then they would be officially Cat. 4 and NOT able to move to Cat. 2 unless they lodge a NEW application to be in the SMP.

That is what I would have thought but apparently it is not so. George Lombard has posted on another post that the states are still lobbying for this. Hopefully we will hear something positive soon.

Guest dragsterwish
Hi Dragster

We are top or high(which ever puts you at the top!) LOL.

We are on new SOL and applied under old sol. Had a good chat with my agent who comfirmed this.

She was unclear of processing times and the release of SMPs but she said its looking good for us to be on the SMPS. Im feeling positive today!! Might have a glass of wine later!!!

Hi Jodie, are you with sponsored by WA? They have released a WA State Priority Occupation List this month and they've classified their occupation list into 3 priorities - TOP, HIGH & Priority. They state that this list would form their Migration Occupation List for the WA SMP & thus the correlation.

Whichever the case, I'm glad you are feeling positive! No point feeling blues about something we can't control. Cheers!

:jiggy:

Guest dragsterwish
That is what I would have thought but apparently it is not so. George Lombard has posted on another post that the states are still lobbying for this. Hopefully we will hear something positive soon.

I read that George is saying that the state is lobbying for allowing the Cat. 4 to move to Cat 2 without having to re-apply.

Anyway, things would become clearer with the help of professionals like George Lombard. Kudos to them! Cheers!:wubclub:

Guest JK2510
Hi Jodie, are you with sponsored by WA? They have released a WA State Priority Occupation List this month and they've classified their occupation list into 3 priorities - TOP, HIGH & Priority. They state that this list would form their Migration Occupation List for the WA SMP & thus the correlation.

Whichever the case, I'm glad you are feeling positive! No point feeling blues about something we can't control. Cheers!

:jiggy:

Hi Dragster,

We have WA SS and have had a 175 lodged since march 09 and received WA SS in nov 09.

His occupation is high! I believe DIAC start from the original date of lodgement even though we changed from a 175 to 176. I maybe classed as a dinosaur!!! Thats on PIO and not what the OH calls me!! LOL

Guest dragsterwish
Does this announcement imply DIAC is finished processing all pending CSLs?

I certainly hope so but i fear not as there are still CSL applicant without VISA yet!

Archived